[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman: Assault On Arkham
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: King_Shark_BAOA_02.png (221 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
King_Shark_BAOA_02.png
221 KB, 640x360
Just saw this and thought the aesthetic was really good. What did CO think about it?
>>
This and flashpoint paradox were their last legitimately good animated movies. Gods and monsters was ok too I guess.
>>
Movie was alright but before they entered Arkham just absolutely screamed of trying too hard. After that, it turned into a fun heist-ish flick.
>>
>>81378223
I thought it would have been better if the soundtrack was decent. I liked it, but the music was so bad.
>>
>>81378263

Last week I saw the Dark Knight Returns, and I've been feeling a bit like getting some more animated movies from DC, which one would you suggest that came before this one (which I already saw).

I've seen the BTAS ones too.
>>
>>81378908
The wonder woman and two green lantern movies were pretty phat.
>>
I don't like how bland the artwork is in the direct adaptations. Would it kill them to get a little more experimental?

I mean it's American commercial animation, so I guess it would.
>>
>>81378223
troy baker did an okay joker but the characterization was really shitty (but that's the writers' fault)
and they should have called it "suicide squad: assault on arkham" because that's basically what it is
pretty solid in terms of animation
i'd give it, like, a 5/10 probably
>>
File: 1459460002008.jpg (70 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1459460002008.jpg
70 KB, 500x371
>>81378223
>CO
>>
>>81378223
I really enjoyed it as a Suicide Squad movie.
If you're looking for a more Batman centric story, Under the Red Hood and both Dark Knight Returns were great.

In terms of other good stories, Crisis on Two Earth's is GOD tier and Justice League New Frontier is an overlooked gem with a great style but more streamlined story than its comic book counterpart.
>>
It had the best recent Harley design to date. Kind of bummed about Shark and Frost though
>>
File: 1455674952994.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1455674952994.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
>>81378223
would ice
>>
>>81378908

Batman: Under the Red Hood
Assault on Arkham
Green Lantern: First Flight
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Wonder Woman
Superman: Unchained

Those are pretty much the only good ones.
>>
>>81379014
>>81381943
First Flight is garbage.
>>
>>81383021
What's unchained
>>81381943
Fuck you it's great
>>
>>81378223
It was fun. Trying to tie it into the Arkhanverss was stupid. I liked all of the visual nods to the 90's Batmovies.
>>
>>81383021
Nah, you're a homosexual.
>>
>>81383353

Unbound*

Sorry
>>
>>81381943
>Superman: Unchained
i wish
>>
The cover art style was superior
>>
>>81383545
Of course it was dumb. The Arkhamverse is a fucking mess that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. How could things get so convoluted and nonsensical after a mere 4 games (excluding spin off games, tie-in novels, etc.)?
>>
>>81378223

Assault on Arkham? That's /co/ speak for a Killer Moth thread!
>>
>>81378223
i liked it
>>
>>81378223
There's a abridged series parody of it and it's shit but the first five minutes are just "how Deadshot started to job forever" and it's like my favorite thing on earth
>>
>>81387905
The primary problem was WB montreal made a game about a 20 year old Batman and then said it took place 5 years before Asylum, despite Bruce clearly being much older than his early 30's in Asylum. Arkham Knight retconned it to 10 years though so it's less messy now.
>>
>>81378263
You can't be serious.
>>
>YAHTZEE!
Fucking pissed me off along with Joker's "Ah shit" and Waller's "Well fu(cut to black)"
Other than that it was pretty legit. I enjoyed Killer Frost and King Shark playing off of each other.
>>
>>81383353
>>81383613
It's garbage. They completely shit all over Hal and Sinestro's relationship, Hal is a carboard cutout that only reacts to shit happening around him, they kill off beloved GLs for shock value, and the ending is some grade-A anime bullshit that only made sense in Emerald Dawn.
>>
It was the last genuinely good DC animated movie. Though it's not really a Batman movie, it's a Suicide Squad movie. It's really what the live-action one should be.

Man, these features have taken a nosedive, aside. The newer Batman ones have been horrendous. They fucked up Court of Owls, one of the really good New 52 storylines.

The best ones are Under the Red Hood, Batman Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, Superman vs The Elite, Green Lantern First Flight, Wonder Woman, Superman Unbound, and New Frontier.

If they fuck up The Killing Joke, I'm done with them.
>>
One of DC's worst animated movies. Christ it was fucking bad.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.