[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did she work for you as Wonder Woman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 17
File: MvB2.jpg (1 MB, 2670x4000) Image search: [Google]
MvB2.jpg
1 MB, 2670x4000
Did she work for you as Wonder Woman?
>>
She was one of the better parts of BvS, but then again, we only saw her as Wonder Woman for about 25 minutes. I'll say her performance has made me cautiously optimistic for her solo film.
>>
If were talking just the last part, totally
I STILL wish she was bigger but I was not disappointed
Her scenes before she suited up are irrelevant
>>
>>81373482
She seemed fine too bad her Diana characterization felt like it was nothing in the movie which is a shame but I'm interested in seeing how her solo film turns out.
>>
>>81373482
She was one of the better parts of the film actually.
>>
>>81373482
I thought she worked for you?
>>
>>81373814
Kek
>>
>>81373482
I liked her.
>>
>>81373482
Honestly I never cared much for Wonder Woman. Gadot was adequate.
>>
I always said that Wonder Woman's character should always, ALWAYS be like the way she was in JLA: Welcome to the Working Week; where she is like Alita from GUNNM: it isn't just that she is a heroine, but she genuinly enjoys fighting and constantly wants to improve her skills.

And based on what I saw, that is exactly the angle warners is going for with Gadot's wondy.

So yeah, she did work. OH BOY did she work. I'm genuinly excited for her solo film now.
>>
Yes. She didn't have a whole lot to do but considering how things turned out that may have been for the best, and what she did do she did well.
>>
>gets punched by Doomsday
>smiles eagerly
Yes
>>
No, the music work. She have a big head and skinny legs.
>>
>>81373482

I liked her a lot.
>>
>>81375053
>does her same fuckslut grin she does in every role
>retards confuse it for love of fighting when she's fucked off and done nothing for over a 100 years
>>
She had more screen presence than I thought she would, so hopefully her solo turns out alright.
>>
>>81375832
>when she's fucked off and done nothing for over a 100 years

To be fair it could have been indicative of her remembering the thrill of battle.
>>
There any fish out of water jokes? Or is she already acquainted with the human world?
I have a fetish for Thor and Starfire.
>>
>>81375623
this
she had an annoying accent and an inadequate physique
anyone could've played her part and would've still gotten the same reaction in that cgi fest at the end
>>
>>81373482
N O P E
O
P
E
>>
She was well written but Gal Gadot is still a dogshit actress. They covered her weaknesses well and she had a great theme.
>>
>>81373482
When she was fighting as Wonder Woman, she was fine. Evertything after her hitting her bracelets together was pretty good.

Everything before and after the Doomsday fight was varying between kind of bad and passable.
>>
>>81373482

She was okay. Kind of wooden compared to Cavill and Affleck's acting, but she sold the character well enough.

I really liked how she was the first one to charge into fight Doomsday hand-to-hand and actually had a smile on her face doing it.
>>
>>81373482
Costume could use some color. Aside from that, she was fine.
>>
>>81375832
>fuckslut
*sigh*marveldrones
>>
I'm in no hurry to see her solo film but WW was the least of this movie's problems.
>>
File: gal gadot.jpg (24 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
gal gadot.jpg
24 KB, 500x285
>skinny jew who got the role by jewish nepotism
>shitty accent
>didnt bother the work for the role unlike ben.
>>
>>81375623
>>81375623
>>81376229
>>81376229
nothing else needs to be said
>>
File: WW enjoys killing.jpg (42 KB, 764x77) Image search: [Google]
WW enjoys killing.jpg
42 KB, 764x77
>people who like Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
>>
File: WW Vol 5 # 56.png (560 KB, 407x605) Image search: [Google]
WW Vol 5 # 56.png
560 KB, 407x605
>>81378241

I bet you're a Perezfag too
>>
File: galgadot.jpg (320 KB, 1385x2193) Image search: [Google]
galgadot.jpg
320 KB, 1385x2193
>>81378241
>people who like Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
>>
She had like 20 lines.

I can't really make an assessment from that.
>>
>>81378351

Hi Marvelfriend!
>>
>>81373482

She has the look but a terrible accent. Was that hebrew? Because it sure as hell wasn't Greek. She needs a speech coach.
>>
>people bitching about her accent

I love that they went for something else besides "everyone in ancient Rome/Greece had posh British accents"
>>
>>81378341
Actually, no
But I know the context of your pic, at least
>>
>>81378437
When did wondy ever have a posh british accent?
>>
>>81373482
The action parts she was OK, but her acting was just so bad.

Going to pass on the solo.
>>
>>81373482
Absolutely not.

She can't act to save her life. She's terrible.

She doesn't work as WW, not because she's a bad WW, but because she is a bad actor. A REALLY bad actor.
>>
>>81373482
She was a worse actor than Cavill, which is really difficult based on what I've seen of him.

I can't even say it was the poor script holding her back. She was that bad.
>>
>>81373482
Her musical theme was pretty damn good. Hans Zimmer's soundtracks are great as nearly always.

I could stand to see her a bit buffer and chestier, but since I know I'm not gonna get it, I'll not whine.

But I'd like to see her actually look like she's been in a fight. Not one shot during the entire Doomsday sequence where she wasn't completely clean and poised. Looked…off. Especially since Bats and Supes both had serious injuries and damage.

I was surprised by how it was NOT a complete train wreck. Rushed, almost panicked in some spots, to be sure, and definitely three completely different movies all trying to occupy the same space, but it wasn't nearly as awful as I thought it was going to be.
>>
>>81378874
That's anon's point. People were probably expecting her to sound American or British, by virtue of the fact that every major movie ever made about Rome or Greece has them speak in high-class Received Pronunciation or stage English. Or they want a Justice League Animated Wondy who sounds American Hispanic.

She actually sounded Greek, or at the least vaguely Mediterranean, which was pretty cool (And also fairly natural for an Israeli). I don't really like the Gal as Wondy, she just LOOKS wrong to me, but the accent is absolutely not the worst thing. What I would really would have liked was to hear her swear explosively in Ancient Greek, a "By Hera" or something, during the fight. It's been her shtick for so long, after all.

Her fight scenes were the worst. Granted, this movie is not focused on her, but the Lasso pops out of NOWHERE, with no intro, she never gives us a clue as to who she is in-movie. You can tell Snyder has no idea what to do with her, frankly. (Not uncommon for Snyder, the man just doesn't grok female characters ever. Some problem with Watchmen and 300. Spartan ladies were she-wolves, his are wilting lilies.)

And she's just NOT buff. Amazons, mythologically (and this is a /very/ myth-heavy DCEU we're getting, I think.) were horse-archers. Archers of either gender have shoulders that are fucking BUILT. Plus that stonking huge sword (that thing was a beast! I loved it) she's carrying ought to make her wrists the size of small sledgehammers. The shield, too, solid plate of bronze, her arms should be HUEG. Gal is too damn skinny, is all I'm saying. Wonder Woman NEEDS to be buff. I comparison to Bats and Supes, sure, she's feminine, but that still makes her a cut above anybody else on the planet.
>>
No. A a majority of her performance was a CGI model. Her line delivery is awful.
>>
I liked her.

My theater lost their shit when she showed up.
>>
Why call her Wonder Woman?
I think she should be called Sexy Badass now.
If you know what I mean.
>>
Yeah, I ended up liking her. She's also put on some muscle since filming BvS for her solo movie, which I'm fairly interested in now from all the set leaks.
>>
>>81380765
Fucking thank you. This waste same Hally in Catwoman. Nearly all CGI
>>
If you were hyped, it was because of WW's entry, the score, and the action scenes that were mainly done via CGI

Gal Godat's personal performance was a non factor. You could have replaced her with anyone and you would have either have the same impact. Replace her with someone good and it would be a different story.
>>
>>81378426
Watch her interviews. She's full-on Israeli, as in she probably speaks Hebrew almost all the time, and can barely speak English.
>>
File: 1aL2g7K.jpg (17 KB, 211x240) Image search: [Google]
1aL2g7K.jpg
17 KB, 211x240
No, she worked for the mercenary, the market take man.
>>
I liked the costume, but the actress was too petite and too frail-looking to be an Amazon.
>>
Actress was too good-looking. WW should look like an ugly skank.
>>
>>81378396
>concerned for a movie's casting choice
>lol marveldrone lmao
>>
Her "war" face is ridiculous and she doesn't really fit it physically, so no.
>>
Her appearance was like finding a penny in a turd. It's the most valuable thing around, and kind of curious how it managed to get in the shit, but it's still pretty worthless.
>>
>>81376308
how's she well-written? she had like 5 lines in the movie and had no real motivation for joining the final fight or for returning to protect humanity
>>
File: yano.png (139 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
yano.png
139 KB, 500x279
>>81384374
>she had like 5 lines in the movie
Exactly, women shouldn't talk so much like Lois did. That's written well enough for me.
>>
>>81375832
>in every other role
Anon don't lie, you only watch capeshit
>>
>>81384585
Fast n Furious is literally capeshit since 4. Has she done anything else that was noticeable?
>>
>>81373482
The Israeli accent threw me a bit but I grew up with a Greek grandparent so to most Americans she probably just sounds "Mediterranean" and that's good enough.

>bluh Diana isn't Greek she's an Amazon

Fucking whatever, she worships Greek gods and she's from an island close to Greece, plus my grandfather was Cretan anyways and I bet none of you could tell the difference between that accent and an Athenian.

She was good enough for the small role she has. Not sure how she'll do for a full WW movie. We'll see.

She looked fine for the part.
>>
File: Wonder_Woman_(soundtrack).jpg (76 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman_(soundtrack).jpg
76 KB, 400x400
>>81378351
But she looks close enough to this for my acceptance. Also, movie casting has been shut for decades and any actual good casting is just serendipity.
>>
>>81385436
>No blue eyes

Really, my only grumble. Women with black hair and blue eyes never get cast as anything other than villains, it's annoying.
>>
Too scrawny.
>>
>>81373482
No not at all. Honestly the most befuddling thing about the response to BvS to me has been the positive reaction to her, I thought she was mostly horrible.
>>
>>81373659
/thread

Not sure how anyone could formulate any more of an opinion. She was there, she was cool, she hit all the right notes, but we only saw her for like, 20 minutes.
>>
>>81373482
No. Should have made her bigger and funnier. Instead, she's just a typical sex object.
>>
>>81373482
You could remove her from the film and it would be the same movie. She added nothing to it
>>
File: PD1458648832088.jpg (157 KB, 894x1311) Image search: [Google]
PD1458648832088.jpg
157 KB, 894x1311
>>81375623
>No, the music work.
Pretty much. It looked and sounded nice, but eh. I just want my DCAU snusnu Diana not twig girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk

Still, I am considering the Hot Toys Wonder Woman.
>>
>>81373482
I still don't personally like her body type for the role and wish she would bulk up somemore but I think she did a decent enough job and looked pretty great as wonder woman. We will have to wait and see with her solo movie if she can really do well on her own acting talent without feeding from batfleck's dynamite performance but I am at least optimistic in a way I wasnt before seeing BvS
>>
>>81392373
I agree, she's still too twiggy but honestly I think she did a good job in the film. Hopefully they don't overplay the whole "STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER" angle in her movie and just make her a, y'know, strong character.
>>
File: WW.jpg (341 KB, 1280x576) Image search: [Google]
WW.jpg
341 KB, 1280x576
>>81376031
Already acquainted
>>
>>81391648
I haven't seen the movie, so I'll reserve some judgement, but this sounds like an annoying video game score.
>>
Yes, she was fucking dope. I'm probably looking forward to Wondy more than any other DCEU movie right now.
>>
I worry for her solo movie because I could barley understand her. Need to work on that accent some.
>>
>>81391648
DCAU Wonder Woman was a twig too. What are you talking about?
>>
I liked her a lot.
She should be beefier though.
>>
>>81373482
Yeah I was actually pleasantly surprised by her. However most of the rest of the movie that wasn't batman was absolute hot garbage so....didn't have too much to rise above.
>>
Gina Carano was a better aWonder Woman in Daredevil.
>>
>>81375832
OH MY GOD. What?! an actor has a look to the way they grin? how fucking dare she!?
>>
File: Wonder_Woman.png (91 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman.png
91 KB, 333x250
>>81395127
>>
>>81373659
I don't know what her movie's going to be like but if it's a Captain America style world war period piece I'd be all the fuck for it.
>>
>>81373482
Wonder woman is a shit useless character anyway so who gives a fuck?

And no none of you shits think she's a good character. You just get pissy because she isn't done right.

If you honestly think Wonder Woman isn't a shit character....tell me who has written her best and what defines her as a character. Personality, temperment, style. What is the empirical wonder woman?
>>
File: v7sack.png (837 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
v7sack.png
837 KB, 1280x720
>>81391648
wow......look at how thick she is. so strong....wow
>>
>>81395446
George Perez
>>
>>81395370
Thanks for proving my point. Can you guys stop pretending like you care about how buff she is and just admit you're mad that she doesn't have a giant rack that you can fap to?
>>
>>81395667
But that is the whole appeal of her. She is full woman.

Not a 14 year old looking twig.
>>
>>81395742
>But that is the whole appeal of her. She is full woman.
Then why isn't she always drawn in comics that way. If that is THE appeal of her wouldn't that be consistent. Because it isn't. Sometimes shes skinny as fuck just like any other heroine.
>>
>>81395822
I think that is why she has the leotard to compensate. That's what I think anyway. As cheesy as the outfit is.
>>
>>81395867
heres your complimentary (you)
>>
>>81373482
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>81373780
She look like a walking skeleton as Diana you fucking retard
>>
>>81396326
she gotta beef up them guns like this girl.
>>
>>81373482
>Lex spouts off about Prometheus like a sperg
>Gal "disdain for plebs" Gadot's face

That won me over, that and apparently having the best music cues in the movie.
>>
>>81396727
Gotta agree with anon here, that look she gave him when he was talking about greek shit like he knew his ass from an aardvark was priceless.
>>
File: 1343013371095.png (362 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1343013371095.png
362 KB, 551x550
>>81396727
>>81396883
>mfw casuals probably didn't get it
>>
>>81394379
Holy crap is that Chris Pine?

IS CHRIS PINE GOING TO BE STEVE TREVOR?!
>>
>>81395446
Perez. Full stop.
>>
>>81397274
Yes. Where the fuck have you been?
>>
>>81396727
The "you moron" look was pretty priceless.
>>
She was like a female Jean-Claude Van Damme. Her line delivery is terrible.
>>
>>81397332
Under a rock, apparent;y. I had heard nothing of this.

So are we getting a WWII Wondy movie, then? Doctor Poison, Baroness Von Gunther and all that?
>>
>>81397274

Yea, they whitewashed steve in the movies

quite pathetic tbqf
>>
>>81397409
Why don't she got a american accent like themyscrians have in the comics?
>>
>>81397442
WWI
>>
People seem to think her acting was shit, but I don't remember it being that bad at all. Her acting in the action scenes was cheesy as hell though, but maybe it was all the slow motion and bad CG.
>>
>>81395523
>>81395667
unlike OP's skeleton, DCAU WW seems to be able to carry a tool box on her own
besides, at least she fills her breast plates
>>
>>81397512
>american accent

Which American accent? There are like, a dozen of them.
>>
>>81397563
Honestly she didn't really act much in the film. she had a few lines and looked sultry and they were fine. there was no range required. people are just saying her acting was shit because they dont like her in the movie and its a general dismissive statement morons make when they cant formulate a valid or well thought out criticism. Here i'll show you what i mean.

'her dialogue was FORCED'
see...what the fuck do i mean? Who cares it doesnt matter it means bad thing was bad so she bad

'her line delivery was terrible'
how? did she not capture the emotion the scene required? did she sound garbled? was she out of character or inconsistent with other parts with her in them earlier in the film?
who cares...words she say bad so she bad bad.
>>
>>81397731
a white person one.
>>
>>81397786
Again, there are like, a dozen of those. A white person from Minnesota will have a completely different accent than a white person from New York.
>>
>>81397751
It's not a good sign when she sounds garbled and her line delivery is flat but that's just me.
>>
>>81397863
dude i just said
>Why don't she got a american accent
and
>a white person one

have you still not gotten the hint here?
>>
>>81373482
didn't really see much so I can't say. she can't act though.
>>
>>81397930
when she spoke to bruce she sounded teasing and playful.

at the end she sounded matter of fact because there was fighting to be done.

In the few situations she spoke i honestly don't know how what she could have done not to seem flat. As for garbled i dunno maybe its my ear but she sounded clear with every line to me. Just accented.
>>
I wasn't expecting much, but she was perfect as Wonder Woman. Tall, beautiful, Mediterranean; pretty much exactly as I picture her in my head.

I could see her movie being a surprise hit.
>>
I had a quick fap in the car after the movie, which I think we can all agree is the highest possible praise for a female role.
>>
>>81397563

>That thing, that creature, it seems to feed off energy
>I've killed things from other worlds before

It's like she taped her lines to the shield and just read them.
>>
>>81398132
>>81398487

>>81378351
>>
>>81398132
Israel is considered mediterranean?
>>
>>81399020
No one cares about your dated meme.
>>
Who cares about Blunder Woman? Let's talk about what actually matters.

>Ben Affleck is being courted to direct
>Warner Bros. wants the film to be released in between the two-parter Justice League films
>The storyline will reportedly be a loose adaptation of Death in the Family mixed with The Killing Joke
>Chris Terrio is scripting
>Tyler James Williams, Richard Harmon, Jack O'Connell and Taron Edgerton are being considered for Robin
>Jared Leto is expected to be heavily involved
>Harry Llyod, Kit Harrington, Steven Yuen, Richard Madden and Garret Hedland are in contention for Nightwing
>JK Simmons' Commissioner Gordan will be in the film
>Jena Malone is in talks to appear
>Killer Croc is rumoured to be making an appearance
>Affleck & Terrio are reportedly looking to craft a cerebal and gritty film, the likes of which never seen in a Batman film. The recent success of Deadpool is considered a game changer and might give the studio the incentive to grant the filmmaker the hard-hitting story he wants to tell
>Warner Bros. list for Robin has come down to Richard Harmon, Taron Edgerton, and Jack O'Connell
>Richard Madden, Harry Lloyd and Garret Hedlund are being courted for Nightwing
>Ben Affleck is currently doing screen tests with said actors
>Ben Affleck & Jared Leto have meet up to talk about the script with Terrio & are excited about recent developments
>They've gone out to say that the movie will be a contained personal story, that won't be dragged down by the needs to build a cinematic universe
>The film is sort of a prequel/present day story
>The events of Suicide Squad will be answered in this standalone
>David Ayer has been brought on as executive producer
>Warner Bros is very excited for this film, and Affleck has all but confirmed that he will direct
>The studio plans to announce the solo Batfleck film at this year's comic-con
>>
>>81399059
Yes, actually. It is.
>>
>>81399098
there's nothing with getting jerking off to skeletons, anon
>>
>>81395446
When even the glorious makes of the DCAU don't know what to do with her you know you have a shit character.
>>
>>81399174
I think he meant the people who immigrated to the land you think of as Israel, not the literal land itself.
>>
File: disdain for plebs.webm (524 KB, 1280x576) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.webm
524 KB, 1280x576
>>81396727
>>
>>81399394
is that what everyone is going on about on her annoyance at lex's Greek shit?
maybe its the footage, but it just looks like she turned her head with no expression.
it doesnt look like shes reacting to what he's saying, it looks like she's looking for the bathroom or something.
>>
>>81399733
It's the shitty quality
>>
>>81399762
is it? because i think i can see her mouth and eyes quite clearly and those are the big expression spots.
i'll take your word for it though.
>>
File: 1430965496033.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1430965496033.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>81398961
Chris Evans acting like a bad actor gives a better performance than Gadot in her breakout role.
>>
>>81396727
>>81399394
I see it now but it was hard to appreciate for me at the time because Lex's speech was so awful I pretty much had the same reaction and instead focused on the people laughing around her, think "That shit isn't insightful or funny".
>>
>>81373482
Hopefully they can beef her up a tad.
>>
>>81399733
>>81399907
The timing matters too.

Even without it, it looks pretty clearly to me like a "is this nigga serious" look to me. She's also looking at the people around her in disbelief that they're actually eating it up.
>>
>>81400220
i keep watching it and i just cant see it
maybe there's an audio cue that important, im not seeing anything special in the timing.
it just looks like shitty acting to me, but who knows maybe i have a bad case of autism or something today.
>>
>>81386005
Its a counterpoint to every single male hero having black hair and blue eyes.
>>
>>81400419

You're not nuts. People are over selling it way too much.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.