[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: 1.jpg (61 KB, 1023x550) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
61 KB, 1023x550
What did you like most about Batman v Superman?
>>
File: 1.jpg (265 KB, 1372x1211) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
265 KB, 1372x1211
I like how superman was the "ultimate good".

>"If god is all powerful he can't possibly be all good, and if he's not all powerful he
can't possibly be god"

Not only did superman dying mean he was "all good" he truly became a mortal, a human
>>
The costuming and the score.

The visuals were also, as in any Snyder movie, impressive.
>>
File: 1.jpg (51 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
51 KB, 1600x900
There's some good religious imagery there too, painting superman to be a messiah type, which worked.

And some Moby dick and Excalibur references too
>>
>>81372231
The warehouse scene, Alfred and Wonder Woman.
>>
File: 1.jpg (17 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
17 KB, 500x208
It was really interesting how Zod killed superman the same way he killed Jor el
>>
File: 1.jpg (58 KB, 1000x514) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
58 KB, 1000x514
And to close up, Diana and Clarks team up was great
>>
File: 1444077594786.gif (734 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1444077594786.gif
734 KB, 220x220
the Knightmare sequence being a Speedforce/Time Travel induced vision was interesting and it got me and my friends pretty hyped
to bad everyone thinks this Flash will be shit and no one else liked it
>>
>>81372231
-Batman Warehouse fight scene (also "I'm a friend of your son")
-Batman hanging from the ceiling
-Wonder Woman rolling her eyes at Lex's speech
-Wonder Woman smirking during her fight with Doomsday
-Bruce and Alfred's interactions
-Lex's speech about god not hearing his prays when his father beat him
-Bruce and Diana talking about Alexander the Great's knife
>>
>>81372231
Batman's borderline panic when he realizes kryptonite wears off.
>>
>>81372231
Batfleck was pretty awesome. And Wondys theme.
>>
I was JUST about to post this exact thread to make me feel better
>>
File: kevin smith cries over capshit.jpg (87 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
kevin smith cries over capshit.jpg
87 KB, 853x480
>>81372231
>This>>81372351
>Superman's death and funeral
>flash time travel shit
>ceiling Batman
>Batman
>Alfred
>Trinity battle
>Lex Luthor on top the tower
The BvS battle was disappointing
>>
Alfred.
The Cyborg scene
Time shenanigans starting already.
More Alfred scenes.
Batman mounting Martha Kent to "protect" her.
>>
>>81372351
>I like how superman was the "ultimate good".
As much as I want this to believe this, isn't he the one who said
>No one stays good in this earth
after stating he'll have to kill batman on luthor's request?
>>
Jeremy Irons and Battfleck overall were the highlight of the movie

I actually liked Eisenberg's Luthor a lot even if he was lacking the charisma of his counterpart. That scene with him making him ultimatum to Supes on the roof of his tower was fucking fantastic.

I loved how the Knightmare sequence and Flash's message were shown even though they really needed to be contextualized better within the main narrative of the movie

Soundtrack was fucking great

Funeral scene was great, even though the ending suffered a bit from prolonged fatigue.

Luthor's warning in the prison at the end

Gal Gadot's wardrobe department. God DAMN.
>>
>>81375530
>after stating he'll have to kill batman on luthor's request?

He was referring to his public image.

The entire movie, Supes' character revolves around the struggle he faces trying to convince the rest of the world through his actions. He has the intention to do what's right and to serve the best good for humanity, and he has trouble figuring out how to convince everyone else of it too.
>>
I saw it a friend and during the Doomsday fight when WW shows up
When they finally reveal her and her theme plays on
The audience fucking cheered and were hype as fuck

Was so glad to see casual hype/love for WW
>>
>>81372351
>superman dying

I like how this disproved Batman's earlier comment towards the seemingly invulnerable Superman.

"You're not brave, men are brave."

Said less than an hour before Superman sacrificed himself.
>>
>>81375692
>The audience fucking cheered and were hype as fuck

That part got cheers from my audience as well.

Along with the part where Supes' opens his eyes after regenerating from tanking a nuke.
>>
When it ended
Because I liked it
And I would be able to watch it again
>>
>>81375603
im pretty sure he referred to his own personal goodness(?) by bending to luthor's will
besides, there was nothing public about what was going on there and his public image was already pretty fucked up
>>
>>81372496
Holy shit didn't realise that. Pottery
>>
>>81375743

I'm probably going to go see it again tomorrow afternoon on my own.

Only thing that makes me second guess that decision is the fact that it's two and a half fucking hours long when it really could've been cut down by about 10-15 minutes at least.
>>
I liked almost all of it, I liked the tone being serious because while I like the Marvel movies I tire very easily of Disney's overbearing "family movie" tone

It's just a shame that it takes so long to pick up with any action and that it kinda crammed some not needed scenes into it, probably causing other more important scenes to be shorter than they should have, otherwise I think it could have had the potential to be 10 10
>>
>>81372231

I liked a lot more of the movie than disliked it. Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Superman's death, the Apocalypse dream were all good parts.
>>
>>81375796
If anything it should be longer. Like 12 hours or so.
>>
>>81375780
>besides, there was nothing public about what was going on there and his public image was already pretty fucked up

"Superman fights Batman" I think would make the news rounds pretty fast.

Either Supes is forced to kill Batman and Superman's public image is forever discredited, or he dies in the process. Either way, Luthor wins. He just didn't count on Batman's opinion of Supes being turned around in any way.
>>
>>81375814

I think that's why so many people are pissed off at it.

It could've been a much better movie, and while I liked what we got, it desperately needed better editing.
>>
-Bruce Wayne introduction.
-Alfred being always right
-Superman recoverying mid fight. Holy fuck that was fucking awesome.
>>
>>81372231
Knightmare sequence was the best part of the movie
I want to see Superman (the real one) stuck in the Knightmare
>>
What I liked:

>Flash cameo. If you didn't like this, how can you say you love comics? It was unexpected.
>Batman using every gadget at his disposal during his fights. The warehouse scene is one of the greatest comic book fights caught on film ever. Also seeing him set traps for Supes is pretty much straight out of the books.
>Superman saving people. This was actually ruined, much like every other good scene, in the trailers. I expected a much longer montage of Supes saving people but, nope, we get exactly what we've been seeing in trailers for 2 years.
>Actual Green Kryptonite. I'm happy they didn't dodge this with some other scientific bullshit. I was pretty upset at how it was handled in Man of Steel with Krypton's "bad atmosphere." The radiation and use of kryptonite was done well enough.
>Alfred.
>Everything about Ben Affleck's Batman.

I've defended MoS for years but this movie was a let down. Especially after believing Snyder's bullshit that Superman would win in the end of the fight. I've read fan ideas that were better than this shit. What a let down. Here's to hoping Affleck doesn't quit. At least something good can come from this mess.

I also don't understand how you can make a Lex Luthor somehow worse than one who is a Real Estate scam artist.
>>
>>81375692
Again, her entrance was arranged to make the audience feel the need to cheer even if they didn't knew who the character was
It's not a coincidence that almost every screening everywhere got the same reaction
>>
>>81375881
>Superman recoverying mid fight. Holy fuck that was fucking awesome.

That honestly got the biggest laughs out of the audience I saw the movie with.

There was also

>Batman's "....oh shit." moment against Doomsday
>"I'm a friend of your son's"
>>
>>81375970
>I also don't understand how you can make a Lex Luthor somehow worse than one who is a Real Estate scam artist.

An arms dealer with a god complex? I dunno that sounds a lot like Luthor to me.
>>
>>81375835
They fought in the conveniently abandoned port
no one had any idea they were fighting
>>
>>81376036

>God complex

In the form of a 5 foot tall, whiny voiced mogul. Right. I've seen it all, but defending Eisenberg's Luthor takes the 40 cakes for me.
>>
>>81372231

Batfleck, WW showing up, the audience scene. And so others.

The movie was fun, Rotten Tomatoes are a bunch of faggots.

>>81375796

It was weird, I never felt it was that long, but yeah.
>>
All the Superman is Jesus stuff. I eat that up with a soup spoon, it was all grand.

Like, the Dia de los Muertos scene, his death with shots pulled straight from classical Christian paintings, the Sistine Chapel pose after he got nuked, all the stuff of him saving people (especially the Katrina shot), like it was unsubtle as fuck but I still loved it.
>>
>>81372231
The fact it shows that only Marvel should be the only ones making Cape films. Fuck DC, Marvel baby.
>>
>>81376135
>It was weird, I never felt it was that long, but yeah.

There were a few scenes that I felt dragged way too long for no reason other than to show off the soundtrack. And the ending took a long time too, as much as I loved the funeral scenes.
>>
>>81375972

Well Yeah? it was obviously arranged, is like you're implying they were improvising it. And it did the job.
>>
>>81376208

The hurricane scene is arguably one of the best pieces of Superman imagery ever on screen.
>>
>>81372231
It ingrains an appreciation for DC animated stuff, even the Damian-heavy newer shit.
>>
>>81376228

>The funeral

Oh yeah, I get you now.

>There were a few scenes that I felt dragged way too long for no reason other than to show off the soundtrack.

In retrospective, I think I know which scenes you're talking about, I have to agree, then.
>>
>>81376217
>>81376279
good meme
>>
File: sad old woman.jpg (145 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
sad old woman.jpg
145 KB, 960x640
>>81376390
>tfw hated every Marvel cartoon before and since EMH
>tfw loved every DC cartoon since TAS days
>tfw love even the shitty Marvel movies like Thor
>tfw hate direction DC movies are going after not-bad Nolanbat
>>
>>81372231

Batman and Superman fighting. Especially when Batman was about to stab the shit out of Superman. Felt so great. Overall it was a fun film, I liked it. Cant wait to see more of Affleck as Batman. It felt different to Bales Bat, which was good.
The Nolan trilogy is great, but its good to get something fresh too.
>>
when it ended
>>
>>81376536

Batman's one fight with henchman was better than all 3 of Nolan's films.
>>
File: GO TO KRYPTONITE.jpg (158 KB, 1245x515) Image search: [Google]
GO TO KRYPTONITE.jpg
158 KB, 1245x515
Lex Luthor.
And the greatest love story in DC comics.
>>
>>81376577

Yeah the fighting was better, but the Saga of Nolan, he did something that was great. It was cool to have Batman fight bad guys that were grounded. Heath is probably the reason I like the Nolan trilogy so much tho.
>>
File: Joe Chill v Comedian.jpg (242 KB, 1682x1400) Image search: [Google]
Joe Chill v Comedian.jpg
242 KB, 1682x1400
>>81372231

Can Snyder outdo himself after the Wayne murder montage?
>>
Bad movie.
>>
>>81372231

I liked when it stopped being about Batman vs Superman, and started being Dawn of Justice. As retarded as the "lol our moms are both named martha" scene was, everything after it was the movie I wanted to see. Wonder Woman and her teaming up with Bats and Supes was the best part, even if Doomsday was just a shitty Cave Troll from LotR.

I'm skeptical of the Justice League movie, but I have hope that Wonder Woman will at least be good.
>>
>>81376695
They made Joe Chill a black guy? Really?
>>
File: ontario-divorce-forms.png (13 KB, 574x563) Image search: [Google]
ontario-divorce-forms.png
13 KB, 574x563
>>81372423
That hole
>>
>>81376243
the previous post implies the character itself made everyone hyped regardless of arrangement
>>
>>81376695
The worst version of this scene so far.
>>
>>81372231
There were precisely two good things about this film:

Batfleck.

Batfleck hitting Superman with a sink.

That's it. The supercut of this film would just be Batman's solo scenes, and then that one moment where he wallops Superman with a piece of bathroom.
>>
I enjoyed a lot of the film but the one thing I really loved was the Knightmare scene. It probably should have had some lead in but I loved Batman's outfit and all hell breaking loose as the parademons flew in. I'd watch a movie of just that.

I don't think it's a great film but it really got me excited for more DC films.
>>
>>81376737
Are you by any chance retarded?
>>
>>81372423
>good

Obvious doesn't necessarily equal good.
>>
>>81376873
Nor does it equal bad.
>>
>>81376695

Speaking about the Wayne death scene, the kid who played Bruce looked like a genderbent kid version of Drew Barrymore.
>>
>>81376826

>her entrance was arranged to make the audience feel the need to cheer even if they didn't knew who the character was

Are you sure? Doesn't seem like.
>>
>>81376737
He's hispanic.
>>
>>81375566

I liked Lex somewhat. Problem for me is that he is actually insane, as opposed to just an amoral and arrogant.
>>
>>81372496
Holy shit, I didn't notice.

Nice.
>>
>>81372231
The money I saved from not going to see it.
>>
The entire movie you marveldrones

It was a good movie
>>
>>81376525

nice meme!
>>
File: justdoomsday.jpg (169 KB, 1200x576) Image search: [Google]
justdoomsday.jpg
169 KB, 1200x576
>>
>>81377152
What if they use that kid to make Damian?
>>
>>81377729

This
>>
>>81376208
But DC doesn't make the movies. It's Warner Bros.

;_;
>>
>>81376577
I think that warehouse fight was the best action sequence in any comic book movie.

>guy shoots Batman point blank in the head multiple times and he just shrugs it off
>I believe you
>>
Anyone making any webms yet of the camrip? It's a pretty decent rip.
>>
>>81376695
>>81376837
There's been a lot of hate for this version of the Wayne murder, particularly when Thomas throws a punch at Chill rather than stand defensively in front of his family. The thing you need to remember about this version though is that it's one of Bruce's dream sequences and it represents how out of control his violence as Batman has gotten lately, he's become so aggressive that even his most important memories have been corrupted by it. The real blunder was putting this scene at the start of the movie before we get to see Batman's escalating violence.
>>
>>81377996
That armor was meant to withstand Superman Anon.
>>
>>81378208
That was his normal cowl.
>>
>>81372351
>A real hero
>A real human bean
>>
>>81378055
>It's a pretty decent rip.

Not the one I found. It was from a 3D showing so it was blurry as shit.
>>
>>81378233

Which makes it even better. This Batman can take bullets to the head and still be an acrobat at the same time.

I know people want WB to fail, but this Batman is the best one ever on screen besides the killing he does.
>>
>>81378233
Was it? Huh, I don't remember that well, didn't he have like 10 minutes to find Martha and save her? Where did he find time to go back to the Batcave for a costume change?
>>
>>81372231
The part about the Jar of Piss:

>Senator looks at piss
>Slow close-up shot of piss
>Senator looks at invalid
>Senator looks at piss
>Slow closer-up shot of piss
>Senator looks at supes
>Invalid looks at supes
>Senator looks at piss
>Invalid looks at senator
>Slow closest-up shot of piss
>Senator Looks at invalid again
>Invalid looks at senator
>Kablosion
>Superman looks at entrails on the wall like he just stepped on dogshit
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyZDZCGQJf8
>>
>>81378350
>I know people want WB to fail, but this Batman is the best one ever on screen besides the killing he does.
The general consensus, even from people who hated the movie like me, was that he was great, discounting the killing. He was one of the few legitimately good things about it.
>>
>>81378450

He took the armor offf, you idiot. The headpiece was broken from his fight with Superman anyways.
>>
>>81378450
The armor suit is just armor plates that go over his normal suit. He probably just took them off and changed cowls.
>>
>>81372231
Shitposting about it.
>>
>>81372231

>That it ended.

But seriously, I loved every single conversation between Superman and Batman.
>>
>>81378509
>>81378522
>Going into battle against unknown odds
>Better leave this nigh-indestructible armor behind
>>
>>81372231
-Bruce trying to save people during the super powered beatdown in Metropolis

-Every scene with Batman , in particular his introduction in costume. Fucking scary as hell, the way Batman ought to be

-Alfred and his banter back and forth with Batfleck

-Wonder Woman rolling her eyes when Lex talks about Zeus.

-Montage of Superman saving people

-Courtroom /piss in a jar scene

-"i'm a friend of your son's"

-Batfleck's speech about what his father taught him as he beats the shit out of supes

-Wondy showing up in costume

-The Trinity fighting Doomsday

-Doomsday knocks Wondy down, she smiles before getting back up
>>
>>81378453
>Luthor you're under arrest, forensics found your urine all over the crime scene!
>I did not think this all the way through.
>>
>>81378656
The armor was torn up from his fight with Superman and he was also only fighting one guy in it and it was more of a brawl. Going up against a couple dozen guys with guns means he needs to be mobile, the armor would have just slowed him down.
>>
>>81378656

The suit's pretty obviously bulletproof already and he needed to be able to be more mobile to take on mercs with guns (which he knows Lex is employing already).

Now it might've been a good idea for him to double back and grab it again when Doomsday showed up though.
>>
>>81375796
It feels a lot shorter the second time
>>
>>81378453
The image on that videos is perfect. Like Supes would go up to the Stage and look just like that looking puzzled at the still intact jar of piss.
>>
>>81378729
I honestly thought the movie was paced really well, it didn't feel long to me. There were just some unnecessary scenes that disjointed the movie a couple times(mostly dream sequences).
>>
>>81375970
>>Batman using every gadget at his disposal during his fights. The warehouse scene is one of the greatest comic book fights caught on film ever. Also seeing him set traps for Supes is pretty much straight out of the books.

>>Alfred.

THIS!
This is what makes me so fucking hyped about the upcoming Batfleck movie. Finally a more accurate on screen Batman. Movies before this always gave tidbits of how he was in the comics. Focusing on certain things but not others . I am excited that we finally may be getting the definitive Batman on screen.
>>
The opening Batman scene with the human trafficking ring was damn near perfect.
>>
File: 1.jpg (56 KB, 1351x551) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
56 KB, 1351x551
Time for some world building.
Did the original doomsday have anything to do with the abandoned kryptonian out posts? Or was it darkseid?

You can see one of the holding a gun in this shot, self defense maybe?
>>
That it wasn't a longer cut.
>>
I liked the ammount of deaths. Batman was SO RAD. He ran over people, he shot some motherfuckers, Joker would shit himself if he had to face this Batman! He wasnt afraid of anything!

Best Batman ever.
>>
File: 1.jpg (157 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
157 KB, 1200x1200
And when will luthor make his war suit?
>>
>>81378986
I know at least one person who wants him to suit up against Darkseid's forces in one of the JL movies.
>>
>>81375530
He never tries to kill Batman during the fight, he even says he wants to talk.
>>
>>81378895
>A demon saved us
>cop opens cage, only for the sacred girl to close it back
>it's still here!

I almost came.
>>
>>81378971
I know you're shitposting, but I wasn't so much bothered that he manslaughtered a bunch of goods (which he kind of does from time to time, depending on the writer's attention), but that he actually premeditated Superman's murder. That's just waaay to far for him.

If Ma Kent was called Selina, Supes would be double fucked.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 612x300) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 612x300
What are the chances of superman ever wearing kryptonian armor ever?
>>
>>81372231
I liked how Wonder Woman was more impressive than the other two at fighting, how it should be.
>>
>>81378879

I loved "Stop being a fucking idiot and get me some grandkids" Alfred.

Irons does such a great job of being passive aggressive about the whole thing, constantly trying to cajole Bruce into realize that he's making a huge mistake, but still always standing by him regardless.
>>
>>81379032

One of my favorite cinematic versions of Batman ever

Also

>try not to shoot the good guys

Even after that whole horror-movie-esque sequence with Batman, and we hear about all the terrible shit he's doing to criminals without due process, it was kind of neat to see that he still has fans.
>>
>>81378656
He had to get there before time ran out. Did you want him to walk across the bay in that heavy armor instead of taking his plane?
>>
>>81372231

Seeing Bill finger get the credit he deserves was the best part. The opening scene of Bruce in Metropolis, I think that was very well done, especially with how it syncs in (almost) perfectly with the final fight in MoS and the Trinity fighting Doomsday. Everything else was shit
>>
>>81377644
this. I actually like Eisemberg performance but it's clear it was the superman version of Joker, not Lex (or jr. or how the fuck you want to call him)
>>
>>81379065

Why would he need too? Isnt being drunk on Earths sun enough armor?
>>
>>81379065
When darkseid takes over and he becomes his general and batgod and his justice league have to stop him once again.
>>
>>81372231

Why does Batman have guns?
>>
>>81379223
He's Jokerish, but I wouldn't go any farther than that. Just way more manic than a Luthor should be in general
>>
>>81379110
"New rules?"
Man how can two words sound do disapproving, disappointing and yet unconditionally supportive at the same time?

10/10 Alfred.
>>
>>81378680
>-Wonder Woman rolling her eyes when Lex talks about Zeus.
>-Montage of Superman saving people
>-Courtroom /piss in a jar scene
>-"i'm a friend of your son's"
>-Batfleck's speech about what his father taught him as he beats the shit out of supes
>-Wondy showing up in costume
>-The Trinity fighting Doomsday

These
>>
>>81378986
Wow. That doesn't look bad for the DCEU version of Lex's armor, but it's still weird to imagine Eisenberg in it.
>>
>>81379065
I'm wondering what they're going to do to his costume since there's a giant gash in it now from being stabbed in the chest.
>>
File: 1336673965410.jpg (73 KB, 263x207) Image search: [Google]
1336673965410.jpg
73 KB, 263x207
>Movie Lex is manic-depressive and has nervous tics

>OMG HE'S TOTALLY THE JOKER

I hate you all
>>
File: Tao-Okamoto-Mercy-Graves.jpg (123 KB, 1421x799) Image search: [Google]
Tao-Okamoto-Mercy-Graves.jpg
123 KB, 1421x799
>>81372231
well
>>
>>81379268
It's a grenade launcher that shoots kryptonite gas.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
2 MB, 720x405
>>81379312
>eyebanging Lex in her first scene
>>
>>81379223
He was the Riddler
>>
>>81379312
>She totally was eye-banging Lex
>too bad Lex was too busy eye-banging the kryptonite and didn't give a damn about her other than as an expendable resource

Lex/Kryptonite OTP
>>
File: 1459359328171.jpg (41 KB, 382x264) Image search: [Google]
1459359328171.jpg
41 KB, 382x264
>>81372231
What I liked the most?
There were some scenes that I liked.
And they all had this theme playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
>>
>>81379362
He was pretty much what Lex Luthor would be like if he were a villain of the week on the Sixties Batman.
>>
>>81379373

>Lex/Kryptonite OTP

This has been true for decades
>>
>>81379436
That's actually spot on
>>
>>81372231
>What did you like most about Batman v Superman?
The fact I didn't waste ten bucks to see it. Sometimes, it's nice to not give a shit.
>>
>>81379433

I would've liked it better if they saved the big reveal of that theme for when Wondy first appears in costume. In the theatrical release as it stands, it's overused a bit.
>>
File: 1459313972334.png (2 MB, 1227x798) Image search: [Google]
1459313972334.png
2 MB, 1227x798
>>81379282
Yeah, jokerish is how he acted, but he had a more running religious theme going on.
Also, why did he acted all weird during his speech at the library?
>>
>>81372231
Pretty much all of this >>81378680
I also quite liked Lex in general, even if he wasn't the traditional Lex.
I can't believe I'm saying this though, but this Snyder movie needed more action.
>>
>>81379578
yeah, it was used 3 times for some important scens.
>>
>>81379578
It's an action theme, yeah, so it does weigh down scenes where there isn't any action.
Like...looking at a picture.
>>
>>81379452
> Lex sees Robin
Mmhmm BOYS!
>>
>>81379586
>Also, why did he acted all weird during his speech at the library?

Because he wasn't in the public eye and was trying to convince the Senator of his ACTUAL worldview.

That Lex and the Lex we saw confronting Superman was the REAL Lex, just a seething core of megalomania and cruelty.
>>
File: 1459357925212.png (833 KB, 503x598) Image search: [Google]
1459357925212.png
833 KB, 503x598
>>81379373
>mfw Lex in reality went in jail for committing the crime of not banging her
truly justice was done
>>
>>81379286
Fucking GOAT!
>>
>>81379641
or looking at El Flasho.
>>
>>81379110
I fucking loved when he said Bruce should make some kids but it was clear they far away to going there. Sarcastic alfred is always the best alfred
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGw6bZPxGrA
>>
>>81372351
>I like how superman was the "ultimate good".
>KRYPTON HAD IT'S CHANCE!
>zaaaap

Uh, no.
>>
>>81379868
We're talking about BvS m8.
>>
>>81379898
It's the same Superman.
>>
>>81379949
DId you see the movie?
>>
>>81380036
Yup and it has the same Superman/Clark Kent from MoS. Not Superboy, Cyborg Superman or Steel pretending to be Superman.
>>
>>81379306
Buuut, he was to LedgerJoker like, really.

I don't know why he doesn't approached more to Lex megalomaniac behavior instead of that psycho thing. I mean things were clear and easy to make apart one villain from the other but instead he sort of copied and reinforced that trait without reason.
>>
File: 1.jpg (52 KB, 1280x576) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52 KB, 1280x576
So how will superman be resurrected? Anti-life right? Has to be.

If zod couldn't be revived through natural methods, neither can supes.

Doomzod probably infected him with something.

>Black suit confirmed
>>
>>81372351

Snyder damn well better be a devout christian and tithing his ass off because the man's career would be literally nothing without all the Jesus swipes.
>>
>>81372231
Batmans crazy fascist superman dream.

Not much else.
>>
File: 1.jpg (35 KB, 1280x524) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35 KB, 1280x524
More
>>
>>81380232
>If zod couldn't be revived through natural methods, neither can supes.

Zod was on Earth for 1 day.
>>
>>81374989
>Batman hanging from the ceiling

I felt bad for actually LOLing at that scene for being so comically goofy. Sorry to my fellow theater patrons that day.
>>
>>81372231
The action makes up for the story. There just needed to be even more and it needed to be longer because the Dawn of Justice part of the movie was boring.
>>
>>81372231
Batfleck, the look of Gotham at night, Alfred, Wondy, and the score (dat Lex Theme)
>>
File: holytrinity.jpg (237 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
holytrinity.jpg
237 KB, 1200x630
>>81372231
How accurate is this?
>>
File: image_13.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
image_13.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>81372351
Yes! Someone has a screenshot of this! When this scene happened, I physically cringed in the theater. Why did Warner Bros think it was a good idea to let Zach Snyder do this? Where is that studio interference when you need it?
>>
File: 1.jpg (38 KB, 1280x538) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
38 KB, 1280x538
>>81380286
Doesn't change the fact that they both died.

Why didn't Zod come back to life like superman?

>This is the closest we got to a handshake
>>
>>81380510
He was on Earth 1 day
>>
>Metropolis, 18 months ago
>Earth is first introduced to the Superman
I don't know why but I thought the wording was cool
>>
>>81372231
I liked how pretty it looked
>>
>>81376525
>he loved Thor
0/10
>>
>>81380446
Batman = Reddit
Superman = 4Chan
Reddit loves that Batman kills, and thinks Superman is boring because he is too good. They don't appreciate or understand that a person can be altruistic and thinks everyone needs to be edgy or dark.
>>
>>81380576
/co/ as a whole adores the Thor movies. They were comfy wumfy and cute and full of feels.
>>
File: 1.jpg (49 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
49 KB, 1280x768
>>81380510
"I failed him in life, I won't fail him in death"

I feel sorry for superman, all he wants to do is good, but people want to kill him simply because he's got powers
>>
I liked how Darkseid was alluded to which explains why bats and supes behavior were different
>>
File: shade.jpg (56 KB, 265x393) Image search: [Google]
shade.jpg
56 KB, 265x393
>>81380623
>I genuinely enjoyed the first Thor
>Thor 2 is easily the weakest of the MCU but has some good moments

>I also loved BvS and the shitposters can go fuck themselves
>>
I liked how they made Bruce and Lex pretty obvious foils for each other.

In fact Batman's big character arc can be described as "coming dangerously close to becoming Luthor before he realizes his mistake"
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22 KB, 718x319) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22 KB, 718x319
>Diana will never give you that look

jdimsa
>>
>>81380723
Are you me?
>>
>>81380623
I don't mind the first one, the fish out of water stuff was kinda funny. But The Dark World was fucking awful.
>>
>>81380286
>>81380524
^
As he mentioned zod doesn't enjoy the benefits of the earth since he hasn't lived his whole life there superman is basically the swamp thing to our solar system
>>
>>81380539
same!
>>
>>81380623

/co/ always shit on the Thor movies.

Before those movies most people shit on Thor much like they do Aquaman. Thor is a character Marvel loves to push but he never sells. Even his movies perform lower than the other Avengers. Whor is selling better than Thor ever has.
>>
>>81380777
>you will never make her gag on ur cock while she opens her legs and gives you that slutty smile.

I think i heard every guy in the theater collectively pop a boner at this scene. My dick was fucking diamonds. kek
>>
>Jesse Eisenberg has confirmed he didn't do much research into his character at all and considered what research he did do "meaningless." Zack Snyder has similarly gone on record as saying that this "cold indifference" is exactly what he wanted.

Fucking really?
>>
>>81380945
>/co/ always shit on the Thor movies.
A vocal minority does not equal /co/. They had shirtless hemsworth so that makes them perfect.
>>
>>81380777
Yeah that part was bitting lip inducing
>>
>>81380595
then you are superman kid, you are superman
>>
>>81380999
Jesse could have fooled me, honestly.
>>
>>81380999
>>81380999
Damn he really hates comics
>>
>>81380595
>They don't appreciate or understand that a person can be altruistic
Sounds like they have something in common with 4chan, then.
>>
>>81380999
He read a bunch of comics, but he felt that it didn't really mean anything other than finding out why Lex hates Superman so much.
>>
>>81380999
Ledger did exactly the same thing.
>>
>>81381139
He hasn't even watched the movie, although he thinks it sounds interesting
>>
>>81381143
How did he not screw it up then?
>>
>>81381193
He said he doesn't watch any of his movies. A lot of actors don't like watching their own movies.
>>
>>81381219

Because despite the shitposting Nolan is a good director.

Snyder is not. Snyder reads comics and copy their imagry but he seems to not grasp it at all.
>>
>>81380453
>spongebob reaction
>namefag
>cringed
>doesn't like BvS

this has to be a meme...right?
>>
>>81381272
>Snyder reads comics
Hardly. He looks at the pictures and picks out panels that looks cool.
>>
>>81372496
POETRY
>>
The soundtrack, some of the fights like armored batman vs superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman vs Doomsday, Superman's sacrifice, the batmobile chase scene, and the Batman warehouse scene. I liked the Superman saving people montage, Wonder Womans appearance Batman,and the mad max Bruce Wayne nightmare. the Justice League teaser was cool too.
>>
>>81381219
The way the Joker was written in TDK didn't require a lot of knowledge of the character. Also Ledger spent ages trying to figure out his mindset
>>
>>81374989
Oh yeah those were great too.
>>
File: 5wb7sy.png (907 KB, 1060x530) Image search: [Google]
5wb7sy.png
907 KB, 1060x530
someone fucked up this movie and Snyder is getting ALL the blame for it, eventhough a lot o fuck ups seem like Exec decision to me, pushing many characters as possible. Now Snyder may be gone for good instead of keeping him for the things he is good at and letting anyone else do the rest.

I'm not mad, I'm just sad. Snyder created a great movie that got fucked over by too many cooks, elements and references.
>>
>>81378680
I really thought the montage of superman saving people was really too much. He's so freaking stone faced and the people are touching him like a god, he's framed against the sky...I get that he has the power of the gods, but he's really just a good guy from Kansas. I just can't see Clark acting that way
>>
I really enjoyed the intro sequence of the man of steel ending from Batman's perspective. It was pretty cool how it started with the title card 'the world is introduced to superman', then like some disaster movie or monster movie, military jets and helicopters are flying into the city, the world engine is off in the distance tearing metropolis apart, and afterwards, zod and Superman tear down what's left. I didn't really enjoy the movie that much, but seeing the same man of steel sequence from a really grounded human perspective was really one of the few excellently crafted parts of the film, even pacing and editing wise.
>>
File: Dynamic.jpg (117 KB, 1353x635) Image search: [Google]
Dynamic.jpg
117 KB, 1353x635
It's the small bits, really, where Jesse shines.

>The problem of you on top everything else
>The problem of you above all
>>
>>81381600
If the movie got fucked, then snyder making a great film pre fuckery is purely speculation.
>>
>>81381606

The whole purpose of the sequence is that that's how the rest of the world sees him. It's framed against this big long montage of people comparing him to a messianic figure, treating him as a larger-than-life presence, when he really IS just a good guy from Kansas.

He wants just to be known as someone who's trying to make the world a little better however he can, and doesn't want this level of scrutiny or distrust around his actions.
>>
>>81381600
but snyder was the retard pushing for the grim derp superman.
he is to blame and he shouldn't be given any work ever again.
>>
>>81381272
>Because despite the shitposting Nolan is a good director.

rather Ledger was a good actor who did a lot of ad-libbing, he was fucked up anyway and showed it through his role as joker. Jared Leto seems like a more obvious fucked up person to me, thats way his acting is gonna be amazing, people liking his Joker is a whole different thing though.
>>
>>81381708
Clark does not have enough humanizing moments in these movies. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, Cavill's IRL personality and charisma is a far better fit for the character than what Snyder has him do
>>
File: 1381748580137.gif (966 KB, 212x159) Image search: [Google]
1381748580137.gif
966 KB, 212x159
>doomsday looking inquisitively at supes statue
>wonderwoman mid-fight smirk
>heat vision DBZ battle
>supes impaling himself to impale doomsday
>>
>>81381600

I can agree with the execs. They have been pushing the dark and brooding Superman since 1989 and most of Green Lanterns issues are from them being confused by Johns original script.

Marvel has this issue too though. It's why they have lost so many directors but since Marvel grasps their own characters they aren't fucking things over.
>>
>>81381803

They needed to keep those cut scenes of Clark and Lois doing cute bf/gf stuff.
>>
The dialog and acting was better than Man of Steel.
The cinematography was actually pretty on point, when it wasn't ruined by the Twilight lens filters.
>>
>>81381850
He needs to interact with people in a human way while he's in the suit. That often posted page of him the the girl about to commit suicide stands as one of the best character moments for him ever made. Having his emotional connections just be ghost dad, mom, and Lois makes it seem like he doesn't really love people as a whole, just his people. Like everyone else.
>>
I think the director's cut is really gonna decide whether or not Snyder knew what the fuck he was doing.
>>
doomsday

after seeing him in the trailers i though he looked shit. pure shit hobbit troll/no spikes

though when he emerged from a fucking alien cocoon covered in goo screaming and proceeds to hand supes his ass i'll admit i did get hype
>>
>>81381717

WB has been pushing it since Batman 89 was a hit. Kevin Smith infamously told them to fuck off because of it.
>>
>>81381945
When the fuck has Snyder made anything good? It's all style and no substance, beyond these superficial references to paintings, religion, and comic panels. That's the shit I expect from a college art student
>>
>>81381928
If they're gonna do the Regan scene, they'd need to earn it though, not just throw it in a montage somewhere.
It'd probably have to be in a Superman solo movie, actually.
>>
>>81382060
They didn't earn the emotional gravitas to kill him either. But they sure as shit did it
>>
I've got to say that I really enjoyed this movie, which surprised me since I didn't care as much for Man Of Steel. My only complaint is that some of the video editing, particularly scene transitions, was jarring. Like Bruce staring at his monitor as the decryption slowly progresses and then, suddenly, the screen's black for a while and he's in the Knightmare world or the beginning with Superman tackling the African warlord through a wall then another awkward black screen pause before the hearing.
>>
>>81381315
>gets triggered because they don't share the same opinion of a superhero movie
>gets triggered because someone uses a reaction picture of a cartoon on a cartoon board
Happy autism awareness day by the way! I'm glad your people are finally getting the recognition they deserve.
>>
>>81380999
Many did the same, at the end of the day, it's the director duty to decided how the character work and they act base on that.
>>
Who here can't wait for the Justice League movie to ape visuals and themes from Kingdom Come?
>>
>>81382212
People keep thinking he's setting up Injustice with LOIS IS THE KEY, but knowing Snyder's boner for religious allegory, he's setting up Kingdom Come for JL2.
>>
>>81381600
The Knightmare scene and Meta humans cameo came to mind...those scene were fucking retard and out of place.
>>
Buttman v Stupidman
>>
Was there a post-credits scene? If it was, I missed it
>>
>>81382420
Nope, just the deleted scene they released online
>>
>>81372231
Batman beating the shit out of supes was good
the turned-on face wondy makes when doomsday beats her around a bit was good
affleck in general was ok
the "I can tell, it's the cape" joke was decent too
irons is always good to watch

that's pretty much it
>>
File: 100% Enemy.jpg (98 KB, 551x830) Image search: [Google]
100% Enemy.jpg
98 KB, 551x830
>>81382295
And the worst part is that it'll poison any future attempts to adapt Kingdom Come.
>>
>>81382362

Knightmare sequence was fucking great, they just needed to introduce it better.

>meta human cameos

Not fucking retarded, but very out of place. Should've been DVD extras or release over YouTube like the Communion scene.
>>
>>81382362
Knightmare was fine as it had a purpose relating to Bruce's state of mind. They should have cut out the Flash coming through the speedforce, that was unnecessary. All of the JL setup should have just been left as extras on the DVD that you can click through on your own.
>>
>>81381834
Warner needs a Feige and they need it to be Jenette Khan.
>>
>>81382597
It should be Berlanti and Kreisberg. Imagine what they could do without the stupid CW mandate of relationship drama and with the entire DCU at their disposal.
>>
File: 1.jpg (34 KB, 768x324) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34 KB, 768x324
That scene where Bruce backs away, audience thinks he's scared, then the sonic devise activates

Smug batman is best batman
>>
>>81382670
I don't trust them.
>>
File: 1459639924812.jpg (369 KB, 459x600) Image search: [Google]
1459639924812.jpg
369 KB, 459x600
Should play Darkseid or Thomas Wayne Jr
>>
>>81382670
>implying they're not the ones that made that mandate in the first place

Why do you think Supergirl has to have a least one shipping subplot in every goddamn episode despite not being a CW show.
>>
>>81379154
I mean, he just shut down a human trafficking ring. Like literally freed sex slaves and gave the shitbags responsible a good thumping. Of course he's one of the good guys. Totally understandable that the cop flipped his shit though. I must admit, in retrospect it's fucking hilarious how Bats is just like up in the corner of the room.
>>
Pretty much all of it. I really don't see where the critics are coming from on this one, or Man Of Steel for that matter.

In BvS, the Justice League cameos are the only part I had a problem with. Seemed forced.
>>
>>81372496
Nice
>>
>>81382735
CBS partly owns the CW. They're known for relationshit also.
>>
My favorite part was the end credits because it was a piece of shit. Ben was great, and the music was great, everything else was either mediocre or bad
>batman killing
>"Lex Luthor"
>sloppy editing
>things happen when they dont need to
>the reason why batman and superman fought was stupid
>the reason why batman and superman stopped fighting was stupid
>doomsday looked like shit
>another origin for Batman
>scenes dragged on for way too long
>movie was way too long
>long haired stoner looking Flash was retarded
>the fact it wasnt Wally West was retarded

Seriously fuck this movie. How has Snyder not been fired yet?
>>
>>81372231
I liked the warehouse scene the most and thought the film was decent overall, but it felt a little too quick with transitions.
Only parts that were 'eh' were the Justice League cameo scene and Flash appearing in front of Bruce.
Cutting that stuff out and maybe relegating it to DVD extras, like one Anon said, or modifying them to work as a after-credits scene would have been better.
>>
>>81382885
also Lex's intentions made no fucking sense.
>>
>>81372423
LAME should've been a bat
>>
>>81372351
I think I missed something about Supes

Did they reveal to the public that he was Clark, or did they keep it a secret?

How do you justify them keeping it a secret if they did?
>>
>>81382969

We just had a big goddamn thread on this yesterday

>manipulate Batman into fighting Superman
>manipulate Superman into fighting Batman
>create Doomsday as a contingency if Batman fails
>doesn't give a fuck about the collateral damage, he just wants Superman dead or discredited
>>
>>81379292
That's the design for the DCEU Lex Armor?

I'm worried if that's it, because the helmet gives away it'll be like the vasts interior of Tony's helmet
>>
>>81382021
>Kevin Smith
When the man that made Mysterio suicide thinks it's too dark then you know your fucked
>>
>>81382982

Because look at how they treat Superman himself. You think Supes wants to face that as Clark Kent and have zero chance of having even a partially normal life and a chance to go where he wants without demonstrations and paparazzi and people treating him as an alien overlord/messiah 24-7?
>>
>>81383038
That's just a recolor of the Kryptonian armor from MoS.
>>
>>81382762
Nearly all cameos in capeshit are forced.
>>
File: SFM Gondola.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SFM Gondola.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
So, why the hell did they kill off Clark Kent in the second movie? Are they just gonna use him as "smashing shit with a side of mope" from now on because some goddamn human interaction doesn't lend itself to slow-motion?
>>
>>81383027
it still never explains why he wants all this. he doesnt gain anything from it. It doesnt explain why lex dislikes batman or superman
>>
>>81382982
>>81383074
I fucked up that post.

I meant to say 'did they keep his identity a secret AFTER HE DIED'
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.