[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Marvel this drone is going to DC for rebirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: DC-Rebirth.jpg (258 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
DC-Rebirth.jpg
258 KB, 970x545
Marvel has been mostly garbage since their reboot (and before). I'm not going to stop reading all their stuff, a lot of old stuff i still havent read and going to continue with The Visions, A-Force and Ant-Man. But so much of it is bad. And the thing that pisses me off the most is almost all the art is just terrible. Power Man and Iron fist is Squirrel Girl tier. Comics are a visual medium good art is needed. Not saying all stylized art is bad and house style is the only good style, McKean is the best comic artist, but some stories should have house style.

Now, what I've been reading Rebirth looks like it is fixing all the shit that came from Nu52. The name alone made me stay away from it, some good stuff came from it like animal man and captain atom. But why the fuck haven't Ollie and Dinah even met yet? In this they are meeting finally. They are the best characters in DC and the best couple in comics. What purpose was there is having them never meet?

The art seems like its going to be stellar on most of the books. Cover art can be missleading but some of these covers are done by the artist going to be doing the books so its a good indicator. And the Wonder Woman looks fucking awesome.

And you know what? I kike a little cheesecake and beefcake in comics, as long as it isnt overt fanservice like anime. Some characters should look hot. Marvel shits the bed with Jessica Drew and She Hulk. They are supposed to be sexy, jessica has pheromones that writers forget about or are embarrassed over and she hulk is all about a shy woman gaining confidence, she loves to show off how sexy she is. Wonder Woman is supposed to be sexy, at least DC realizes that. They better do that with Nightwing as well.
>>
>>81370252

My experience with DC is limited since I'm not a fan of superman or batman much. I've read lots of (pre 52) constantine and green arrow, and dabbled with some batman and superman mostly other earth stuff, and inlove me some benes Birds of Prey. What should i keep an eye out for in Rebirth?

Already set on all the wonder womans (morrison and rucka) and green arrow, thinking about Nightwing and batman beyond, is it Terry? I prefer character driven books instead of team books where they just go after villains. Team books are best when its the heroes just interacting and helping/hurting each other in social situation.

Also, any other marveldrones thinking of becoming DCfags?
>>
>>81370252
>>81370269
tl;dr I only read Marvel or DC
>>
>>81370252
>They better do that with Nightwing as well.
You should read Grayson, it's a sexy book and well written too, one of the writers is continuing to Nightwing
>>
File: superman-spiderman03.jpg (146 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
superman-spiderman03.jpg
146 KB, 900x596
>Read both my entire life
>Over the last two years jumped ship from Marvel completely
>Re-read my comics, especially the ones I think are great, don't want to waste money collecting for the sake of collecting

This fucking sucks. I want to keep enjoying Spider-Man and Cap, but I just don't like the writing.
>>
>>81370449
Will do. Im thinking of picking up a few random DC comics today to see the state of things. Grayson will be on my list
>>
>>81370499
A-at least you have the based MCU ;)
>>
Im a dedicated mar el fan but yeah anad jas been a dumpster fire and dc just looks so better at the moment
>>
>>81370269
>any other marveldrones thinking of becoming DCfags
No.
I'm glad Marvel sucks right now because now I can concentrate on getting my indie collection on point.
>>
>>81370499
Well my fav Marvel character is Pym. But i think i will only pick up the issues Pymtron shows up in
>>
>>81370499
This. I haven't read a Spider-Man book since 2014 and it's a damn shame.
>>
>>81370252
You not told me anything new, Marvel has gone from bad to worse since House of M
>>
>>81370252
Welcome brother
>>
>>81370595
I only read the Spidey daily strip...and when I think THAT is the superior read, you know they're in trouble
>>
>>81370252
Why do you have to be a drone. Why can't you just read whatever good stuff comes out regardless of which company it comes from?
>>
>>81370269
Nope, aside from a few titles, DC has nothing that I care about to follow, I'll happily stick to trade waitting for the DC titles I want and keep my pull list Marvel heavy.

Really wish Dynamite would produce the next few Wheel of Time novels turned into comics.
>>
>>81370719
>implying I'm not and just using 4chan talk

Said in OP i liked Nu52 animal man and captain atom. But these days when i look at the dc rack i just feel bored. So much batman and harley and i dont like either.
>>
>>81370783
>DC has nothing that I care about to follow
>keep my pull list Marvel heavy.
>Wheel of Time
Terrible, terrible taste.
>>
>>81370818
Well, the copypasta already told us that.
>>
File: 1456127681310.jpg (26 KB, 486x719) Image search: [Google]
1456127681310.jpg
26 KB, 486x719
>Marvel has been mostly garbage since their reboot
>reboot

Are you sure you're reading Marvel?

>DC's current situation is better than Marvel

Oh wait, changing it - Are you sure you're reading comics? And why the fuck would a person call himself Marveldrone or DCasual? You can either love or hate both together, you know that, right?
>>
>>81370825
Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

My whole highschool career is coupled with the wheel of time books, where everyone was creaming themselves over Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, I was reading a book series were ladies were fucking bitches like in real life.

Sorry we disagree anon
>>
>>81371100
I couldn't finish it. The dragged down to the point that book 9 (10?) Aboslutely nothing happened. I read 800 pages of nothing.

Heard it gets better again after Jordan died but I'm not going to reread that torture to find out how it ends. Might do the comics

I grew up on Terry Brooks. Shannara was my fantasy world, liked his weitter better than Tolkien. I really enjoyed the MTV show of elfstones. So very few good high fantasy tv shows
>>
>>81371339
I will say the Jordan wasted a lot of pages writing about characters that I just did not give a fuck about (The Whiteclokes), after their third chapter I just decided to skip them and never lost anything g important from the story being told.

As for the comics, they only have two of the books turned, New Spring (the prequel) and Eye of the World. New Spring was a mini, like five or six comics long, eye of the world was 30+ comics long, I'm still collecting the tradebacks.

Really I just want the comics to continue so I xan see my waifu Lanfear in comic form. Fun fact, Lanfear was based off the X-Men character Selene The Black Queen (who was based on someone else called Selene).
>>
File: FACEPALM OF DEATH.png (194 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
FACEPALM OF DEATH.png
194 KB, 426x240
>>81371339
>I grew up on Terry Brooks. Shannara was my fantasy world, liked his weitter better than Tolkien
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.