[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone knows anything about a 3rd season of Avatar? I just loved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
Anyone knows anything about a 3rd season of Avatar? I just loved the last two seasons.
>>
Sure. They went to the Fire Nation and there was a play and some Ferngully shit and a backstory and a terrible fanservice episode.
>>
>>81365522
>terrible fanservice episode
Do you mean The Beach? That's the best episode of the entire series you mongoloid.
>>
>>81365497
*series
>>
There aren't any plans for a third one. Nickelodeon treated the people who made it very poorly and they are right not to work with nick anymore.
>>
File: Dissapointbruce.png (89 KB, 274x273) Image search: [Google]
Dissapointbruce.png
89 KB, 274x273
>>81365522
>not liking The Beach
>>
File: Demonic Girl is Not Amused.jpg (30 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Demonic Girl is Not Amused.jpg
30 KB, 500x312
>>81365569
>>81365592
>Liking relationshit drama and family issues drama

You are everything wrong with the Avatar fandom. Go jerk off to some more pictures of Azula and let the smart people have a real conversation.
>>
>>81365497
Not as good as season 2, has a fair share of filler and the ending is disappointing.

9/10 still
>>
>>81365497
Wait, OP, do you mean to say another SERIES in the Avatar universe? There already was a season 3 for ATLA, and I imagine since you posted a picture that has Korra in it, that you watched that too.

If it answers your question, Avatar is done. ATLA was written by people who gave a shit, and had a lot of cameo directing, as well as people genuinely interested in making a decent show. Korra was made for the money grubbing, aimed at essentially the people who grew up watching ATLA and tried too hard to be "grown up." If I didn't know it generated a shitheap of money for Nick, I'd have to wonder how it went 4 seasons.
>>
>>81366071
Maybe he is japanese. Third season of ATLA was never dubbed.
>>
File: Causal Angel.jpg (649 KB, 1400x2107) Image search: [Google]
Causal Angel.jpg
649 KB, 1400x2107
I think there was always a lot of love for a cyberpunk Avatar series, but making that concept dumbed down enough for kids would be hard as hell
>>
>>81366071
>If I didn't know it generated a shitheap of money for Nick
I wasn't aware webshows were a huge source of revenue for Nick.

>>81366227
All I want is a series where the Avatar is the villain.
>>
>>81365624
>implying there is anything wrong with jerking off to Azula
>>
>>81366241
Alright, I assume it made a shitheap of money. After all, it did go for 4 seasons.
>>
>>81366330
They had already ordered seasons 3 and 4 right after season 2 premiered, and they were too far along in the productions of those when the ratings (thanks to season 2) went to shit.

So they let them finish 3 and 4, but stopped airing it on TV midway through 3.
>>
>>81366227
They already had a lot of trouble mixing ATLA's fantasy elements with modernism into a coherent story. A cyberpunk Avatar story would be a mess.
>>
>>81366373
To be fair, the ratings had started to drop like, halfway through season 1.

>>81366227
No thank you.

There's 10,000 years worth of Avatars to work with, give me one of those.
>>
File: Fableiii[1].jpg (31 KB, 256x317) Image search: [Google]
Fableiii[1].jpg
31 KB, 256x317
>>81366389
I think we can all agree that once a franchise timeskips into the industrial age it immediately turns to shit, right?
>>
Unfortunately, there is very little left for Avatar. You watch him learn how to master the 4 elements. What else is there? Nothing.

That's why Korra was not good. There was no need for a squeal because there was nothing to show...
>>
>>81366480
You need to check out the archives for /a/'s idea on a third series of Avatar.
>>
isn't the newest series gonna be about some earth fag
>>
>>81366480
>You watch him learn how to master the 4 elements. What else is there? Nothing.

I'm actually inclined to agree with you. I would LOVE more Avatar, but I kinda just want more of the original cast in animated form.

Which, of course we know won't happen.
>>
>>81366501
I think they had a lot of good ideas, but Korra kind of fucked up everything that could have ever come after. I'd wager almost on purpose.

>>81366580
I really wanted to watch Aang try to keep the world in balance as Republic City starts coming up. I kind of want to see him and Katara trying to figure out how a relationship and eventual marriage works. And because I'm a monster, I'd want to see the eventualy almost-breakup where she starts hanging around the fire nation and Zuko to spite Aang.
>>
>>81366501
You got a link?
>>
>>81365497
No third season. Only comics that continue Ang's story.
>>
>>81366631
Fuck off, cuck.
>>
>>81366501
>/a/
Fuck, I meant /co/.
>>
>>81366676
>cuck.
inigomontoya.jpg
>>
>>81366729
I was a part of those ideas. it was fun, but realistically it wouldn't work because at base you don't have anything. You have the established universe, but what Shen was ac tually doing was nothing. In ATLA you had "The Avatar learns to master all 4 elements so he can save the world", but in Shen it was like "We know he can use 4 elements, he solves problems". It is a lot weaker.

It's like an essay. If you don't have a good thesis, it is all wishy washy, like Korra was.
>>
>>81366641
http://4chandata.org/co/-co--Earth-Avatar-Project-a774431

Otherwise just Google "4chan archives avatar shen"
>>
File: Fire Nation Factory.png (2 MB, 700x1560) Image search: [Google]
Fire Nation Factory.png
2 MB, 700x1560
>>81366444

>timeskips into the industrial age

What "timeskip"?
>>
>>81366904
It made sense with the fire nation though because:
1. They were the richest nation due to spoils of war
2. Their focus on war was probably a major driver behind technological innovation
3. They could use their fire to power their machines
>>
>>81366938
but it wasn't nice...

part of the appeal of Avatar, at least I thought, was the mystical asian mythology setting. I thought it was very quaint.

The industrial shit just wasn't appealing, and was a big turn off for a lot of people. A cartoon doesn't need realism if it makes people not happy, the whole point is you can do what you want.
>>
>>81366966
I never thought of it that way at all. The Earth Nation had earthbending-powered mechanisms all the time, as did the Water Nation and Air Nomads. I don't see why the Fire Nation couldn't either. Plus the fact that they were the only ones to do it made them even more out to seem like the bad guys.
>>
>>81367007
Those were powered directly by bending, though.

The new industrial world doesn't NEED a living bender to actually run everything.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.