[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Thor movies suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: thor_movie.jpg (899 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
thor_movie.jpg
899 KB, 1920x1200
Why can't we get a decent Thor movie? Hemsworth nailed the look but he didn't develop the character at all, Hopkins nailed Odin but doesn't do shit, Portman and her retarded fucking friends and father steal screentime and the plots massively suffer because of them. I want to watch Thor movies, not ''Jane and her retard friends movies''. Why did they fuck it up so much?
>>
>>81363888
>Why can't we get a decent Thor movie
his only good runs hinge on 20+ years of continuity
>>
>>81363888
female demo
>>
>>81363888
who cares hes generic alpha male self insert man.

i like chris matesworth but the movies are shit.

First one was passable.
>>
Eh, at least they're better than BvS
>>
>>81363888
>I want a Thor movie that's exclusively about homoerotic imagery of men, preferably wrestling one another
>it'd really help if they were brothers too

c'mon OP even /co/ isn't that gay
>>
>>81363949
>who cares hes generic alpha male self insert man
Fucking moviefags, i swear to God.
>>
>>81363978
literally where did op say that
>>
gimme a movie adaptation, even better a tv series on Gillen's JiM
>>
fill in the blank

ragnarok will be ______________
>>
>>81363888
I don't hate the Thor movies but I agree that those suffered the most to tie Thor to the Avenger movies.
>>
>>81364056
a barrel of monkeys
>>
is ragnarok (movie) about civil war clone or something else?
>>
>>81364056
I'm a little excited for Thor but his minor characters have very little backstories make me worried.
>>
>>81364147
that's a weird way to fill in the blank
>>
>>81364056
Hulktastic
>>
I still think Thor 1 is okay. The "trapped on Earth" subplot is pretty cringey, but not all bad and the story a simple, but effective, character arc for Thor.

Thor 2 was hot garbage and the worst movie in the MCU. Ragnarok would have to actually try to be worse.
>>
>>81364141
Thor finds out Loki usurped Odin, and quests through the nine realms to find where his father is. He comes across Hulk who joins up. also Asgard is ending.
>>
>>81364297
Sounds awesome.
Just wondering where he picks Hulk up.
>>
>>81364297
>asgard is ending

that's the problem. why do we care? Asgard is so hardly relevant in the MCU nobody cares if it's blown into the anti-verse
>>
Because Thor isn't epic enough.

The Thor comics go to all these fantastic places and have larger than life characters. Thor's cast is massive, and we still haven't seen Valkyrie, Enchantress, Balder, Tyr, and the many other Asgiardians yet. Instead of seeing realms like the one of the dwarves or underworld, we go to...the Dark World...which was a barren wasteland. Instead of dealing with Gods and more interesting matters, we get "We are not Gods". Instead of all the epic fantasy we should be getting, we're stuck with Natalie Portman and her friends and constantly going back to Earth. For the first film, Earth was fine so they could set up the Avengers, but there is no reason why they needed to spend so much time back there for Thor 2.

And we're already at Ragnorok for the next film, so way to blow the franchise, Marvel.
>>
>>81364375
I remember when they announced the film that "This film will be as big of a game changers as the Winter Soldier", and I thought "Nothing would change for the MCU if Asgard was destroyed".

Then again, it turned out nothing changes for the MCU when SHIELD was destroyed either.
>>
>>81364259

I actually quite enjoyed the fish out of water, "Thor made immortal and trapped on Earth" stuff. Fun way to introduce the cosmic aspect into the MCU without a complete change in tone from the rest of the movies up to that point.
>>
>>81364451
I wished they kept his human identity
>muh identity crisis
iron man had his billionaire philanthropist im sort of a human bullet crisis
captain america had his man out of time trying to do the 'right' thing in the modern world crisis

thor, what does thor have? thor isn't even the most popular character in his own damn movies.
>>
>>81364430
Maybe Asgard gets moved to earth like in the comics?
>>
>>81364375
back in my day, the main character's home being in peril was plenty of reason to care. Why are todays youth such psychopaths?
>>
>>81364430
to be fair, winter soldier did everything it could to finish off shield on their end

fury burned everything down, even his eyepatch, hill joined stark tech, everyone was disbanded

i don't watch AOS, and they're irrelevant as far as the films are concerned anyway, but age of ultron starts off with everyone joined up and working like nothing happened. fury shows up with an eyepatch, with hill, and the helicarriers, completely ignoring winter soldier.
>>
>>81364489
Doubtful. I think that Iron Man, Captain America and Thor are gonna be killed off in Infinity Wars and I think this film is the way to kill off Thor's underperforming franchise. 3 is probably the magic number for solo films.
>>
>>81364489
where? Sokovia?
>>
>>81364523
Ohio
>>
>>81364515
they always have the option of soft rebooting the franchise with Don Blake finding Mjolnir
>>
>>81364512
>>but age of ultron starts off with everyone joined up and working like nothing happened. fury shows up with an eyepatch, with hill, and the helicarriers, completely ignoring winter soldier.
Exactly, which is why drives me so nuts. One of the biggest global police forces is gone, and yet 6 guys were still able to keep things in check? And undoing Fury's "death" is probably the biggest annoyance for me from that film. You had so much potential with undercover Fury. "If anyone asks for me, I'll be right here" (points at grave). I was thinking to myself "What is Fury gonna do?! Is he gonna set up Secret Warriors?! I can't wait to see what he does!"
Nothing. He brings the helicarrier back.

It's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>81364546
I can get the idea of a soft reboot with Cap with Bucky, but I don't know how they could reboot Thor. And lord knows I don't want Jane Foster Thor in the MCU.
Not to mention, unless that kid from Iron Man 3 somehow becomes the new Iron Man....
>>
>>81364546
intresting
>>
>>81364560
>little kid iron man, who's just as big a smartass as his mentor
i'd watch it

honestly, the people they might have in place aren't terrible

don cheadle - iron man II
falcon - cap II
bucky - bucky cap
spiderman
captain marvel
dr strange
>>
>>81364584
>2 black superheroes replacing white superheroes

milo yiannopoulos would have a fit. I don't think the world is ready for that shit yet.
>>
>>81364560
>I don't know how they could reboot Thor
Asgard dies in either Ragnarok or Infinity Wars. Either way Thor dies in Infinity Wars. the hammer falls to Earth. Don Blake (played by a new actor) finds the hammer, becomes Thor. From there basically retread the storyline in the comics where he goes and awakens the 'sleeping souls' of Asgardians in humans and becomes king in Odin's stead. That's the first act. The rest of the movie is a lose adaption of Siege, culminating in Loki sacrificing himself to stop the disaster he caused. Hire some teenage heart-throb that can act to depict 'Kid Loki' in later movies.

As for Iron Man, my money is still that he'll get so badly wounded in IW's he has to use his suit as life support ala Darth Vader. Marvel will buy RDJ's voice off him and make a vocaloid. Iron Man will found the Illuminati, take a back seat to the action, and never be seen out of his suit ever again.
>>
>>81364560
>Don gets the hammer
>it gives him new armor, all the powers, maybe somethings we havent seen before
>fights Earth supervillains, good opportunity to introduce more and gets some world building going (origin wise)
>maybe threats from the other relms sense his presense on earth, dispite knowing that Thor died
>trolls, dwarves, demons
>If asgard is still around, Valkrie, Balder, and whoever else show up
>Skurge and the Enchantress show up
>>
>>81364627
>Marvel will buy RDJ's voice off him and make a vocaloid. Iron Man will found the Illuminati, take a back seat to the action, and never be seen out of his suit ever again.
Minus the vocaloid part, this actually sounds kind of like a good idea if he doesn't feel like physically acting anymore
>>
>>81363888
Covering up Kat denning's boobs
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.