[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the color series any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: MAR140754.jpg (73 KB, 450x683) Image search: [Google]
MAR140754.jpg
73 KB, 450x683
Is the color series any good?
>>
>>81358070
Easily some of the best set of issues by Jeph Loeb. Spider-Man Blue is a powerful read.
>>
>>81358070
Yes
>>
I only read the Daredevil one, but I found it very underwhelming. Probably the worst Daredevil comic I've read, though I haven't read the Shadowland stuff.
>>
I can't believe the entire collection goes for 75 dollars are retail price. Jesus Christ.

Is Cap White any good?
>>
>>81358943
Eh. I'd put it between Yellow/Blue and Gray
>>
What does the color scheme mean? Are they just standalone portraits of those characters or something
>>
>>81359458
Trying to capitalize on Pokemon, though they didn't understand it.
>>
>>81358070
Can't speak for Hulk, but Daredevil and Spider-Man are HAUNTING.
>>
>>81359458
well Spider-Man blue is called that because A) he has blue on his costume and B) the story is about him getting depressed on the anniversary of Gwen's death AKA feeling blue

I haven't even read the others but I imagine it's a similar thing.
>>
Daredevil Yellow was a good way to recap his origin and was interestinf although from memory theh skip all the Stick stuff, Hulk Grey was just loads of Betty angst and was kind of boring in terms of origin recap and Spider-Man Blue was the best one. The end with MJ catches him talking was super feelsy.
>>
>>81359458
I would guess grey is because of the original color scheme of the hulk
>>
>>81359458

All of them retell the early days of the character in question's career, so part of it is a reference to the costume they wore at the time like DD's yellow suit or Hulk's gray skin.
>>
>>81358070
Spider-Man: Blue is a solid, solid read and gets to the core of the character as it was back then (post-marriage, pre-OMD nonsense). Great art, too.

Hulk: Gray is... not very good, outside of the art, and I say this as a Hulk fan. Loeb goes through a lot of story logic gymnastics to maintain this idea that the Hulk is innocent and cannot be held personally accountable in any philosophical or legalistic sense. The way Loeb establishes this is about as contrived a storytelling device as you'll see in a modern superhero comic, although I suppose if it was Loeb's goal to hark back to the comics of the Silver Age, than I guess he succeeds. It introduces a huge tonal dissonance, though.

I haven't read Daredevil: Yellow, although the reviews I've read range mostly from "meh" to "decent."

Anyway, my advice is to get Spider-Man: Blue. The decision to read the others will have to depend on how much you like Tim Sale's art.
>>
Nostalgia wank with good art.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.