[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wallyfags, why do you prefer Wally to Barry? Barryfags, why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: Flash.v2.188.jpg (46 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
Flash.v2.188.jpg
46 KB, 300x464
Wallyfags, why do you prefer Wally to Barry?

Barryfags, why do you hate yourself?
>>
Aren't you a Spider-Man character?
>>
>>81352945
Because Wally had a personality.
>>
>>81351252
>>81353068
Barry Allen showed up in the Hypercrisis thread. >>81353068 appeared after an anon posted 52 and >>81351252 should be obvious.
>>
File: 2151.jpg (217 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2151.jpg
217 KB, 640x480
>>81353786
What he said.
And because Wally had character progression which Barry, as a Silver Age darling never did.

AND Wally had a great supporting cast
AND Wally's adventures were just way more interesting that Barry's
>>
Wallyfags are insufferable cucks
>>
>being a characterfag

I just want good Flash stories, m8.
>>
I've read Flash Rebirth and Flashpoint for Barry.
I've read Waid Flash up to issue 85 (just after the Thawne pretending to be Barry arc) of Wally.

So far I have to say Wally stories aren't stacking up. There's another 80 issues of Waid Flash left in the run to read, but they are just average so-so quality so far.
>>
>>81354284
>Rebirth and Flashpoint
>Better than Waid's Flash

I don't have any gr8 b8 pics to post so fuck you.
>>
>>81353894
You're a madman, Luther!
>>
Barry a cute
>>
>>81354515
"Gross" is about right.
>>
>>81354284
It must be hard to live with awful shit taste
>>
File: 1446759109052.jpg (693 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446759109052.jpg
693 KB, 1080x1080
Mike Baron wrote the character as Wally who had a semi-secret identity instead of a superhero with a superficial civilian identity.
>>
>>81356342
I know what you mean, but it doesn't strike me as true, Clark. It almost sounds like semantics. How does a writer accomplish this sort of character development? :^)
>>
>>81356601
Baron started with Wally trying to maintain the secret identity, abandoning it pretty quickly becoming a public superhero dealing with women and living in general. Barry had a job somehow could diappear constantly, keeping both lives separate
>>
>>81352945
we saw him grow up, just like Kyle and Tim and Connor
just Like Peter, Nova, Firestar, Wanda, Vision,all the X-Men, etc
>>
Wally a shit he'll never do anything as important as saving the the entire multiverse twice at a minimum.
>>
>>81352945
>Wallyfags, why do you prefer Wally to Barry?

That strong Legacy theme. The Flash Family was really a Wally-era creation, with not just Jay, Barry and Wally all being Flashes (and on separate planets) but also including Johnny and Jesse Quick, Max, etc. Really felt like a solid community of people who could go real fast.

Wally had a more interesting, and gradually evolved personality. Starting out as simultaneously unsure of himself and also kinda of cocksure, and gradually developing into something more mature.

Now all that's not to say I dislike Barry- Barry saved superhero comics, had a villain pool so strong that Wally still ended up mostly coasting on them for like 20 years, and had a pretty solid Bronze Age run to close out his time.
But then he came back, broke all the themes Wally had spent 20 years developing by coming back, and got his stable family background fucked because Geoff Johns is IRL Hunter Zolomon.

I honestly wish that Bart had gotten a fairer shake and a stronger initial story as the Flash, because Wally semi-retiring into dadhood while Bart kept up the Legacy themes would have been right up my alley.
Also, Flash Bart felt less out of character than Kid Flash Bart to me for some reason. He still wasn't acting like Impulse... but he also kind of had better reasons to not be acting like Impulse.
>>
>>81354135
Cucks like it when someone else fucks their shit up.

If anything Wallyfags are trying too hard not to be cucked. DC cheated on us and we're sick of it.
>>
>>81360045
He's saved the universe before when there was only one universe to save (like Barry). So nah, you're wrong.

I mean fuck Waid made it so that Wally's the only reason Barry even got to save the universe in COIE.
>>
>>81360183
If Bart's run could've been any good Wally would've gotten to be the Jay to Bart's Wally and the twins could've been the new generation of Teen Titans/Young Justice or whatever.

Shame it all fell through as the worst Flash run ever.
>>
>>81354069
>implying Silver Age darlings can't have character progression
Someoneo doesn't know Hal Jordan.
>>
>>81360183
>, had a villain pool so strong that Wally still ended up mostly coasting on them for like 20 years

The Rouges weren't super important to Wally until Johns came in. I actually hate a lot of the Johns run, especially The Secret of Barry Allen
>>
File: impulse_by_naratani-d8kqdie.png.jpg (93 KB, 735x1087) Image search: [Google]
impulse_by_naratani-d8kqdie.png.jpg
93 KB, 735x1087
I like Bart
>>
>>81360501
Well, Thawne and Abra Kadabra still play big roles in Waid's run but yeah, I suppose the majority of Waid's Flash (which is atleast arguably better than Johns) is mostly new villains.
>>
I prefer Jay Garrick.
>>
>>81360501
Not just the Rogues, man.
Wally had tons of fights with Grodd, and Kadabra. And handful of super important ones with Thawne.

Wally's book redeeming Pied Piper and Trickster also fits.

Agree with you on the irredeemability of Barry Allen: Secret Mind Rapist, though.
>>
>>81360731
He had 1 super important fight with Thawne and then Thawne made 2 brief cameos.

But yeah Grodd certainly showed up a decent bit.
>>
>>81360731
I don't even understand the reason for that retcon.

> Isn't it nice that so many classic Flash villains have moved on with their lives
> Nope, they were all mind raped by The Top
>>
>>81361090
One of my favorite issues in the very early WML run was Wally going to a "You got out of jail on a technicality!" party where Cold and some other Rogues were largely calling it quits and they actually had a nice moment.
>>
>>81352945
Far more interesting character concept. A lot of creative room to explore, that was explored, and was great.

Barry coming back didn't really fix anything, even with putting a good writer back on the book it was just kind of this plodding mediocre whatever of a run. Flash hasn't been a top quality DC comic since Rogue War which, go figure, was when they tried to replace Wally and everything went to shit.
>>
>>81354615
There is literally nothing good about Waids Flash v Razor with powers of super lube. Literally his power was lube can't make this horseshit up.
>>
>>81361333
The point is you read The Return of Barry Allen and thought "Boy this isn't very good."

It's okay to have shit taste, you've got a bigger selection to choose from if all you like is garbage. Embrace being a plebeian.
>>
>>81361333
>naming a kid Shelia instead of Sheila
>>
>>81361333
Lube powers? Does it end in sex?
>>
File: laughing_skeleton.gif (297 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laughing_skeleton.gif
297 KB, 500x281
>>81354069
>that pic
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.