[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of the Damian resurrection storyline?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
What did you think of the Damian resurrection storyline?
>>
>>81346848
I wish Tim kept the costume. I'm fine with the wings.
>>
was it lazarus pit and why does alfred look like he just got transported from the 90s?
>>
Maybe too early but Damian would have been forgotten otherwise.
>>
unlike Jason he is better off dead.
>>
>>81346848
meh. I like Damian but I don't think bats should ever go above street level. (why does everything look like google + vomited over everything?)
>>
>>81347061
I feel the opposite. I would much rather piss whiner jason the hardcore hood had remained dead. Would have meant something. Damien however is a much different take on robin and the father son dynamic makes him far more interesting.
>>
>>81347263
>Damien however is a much different take on robin and the father son dynamic makes him far more interesting.
He is literally stolen personality traits of the other Robins rolled up into one annoying little package. I don't have it but theres a screen cap of someone pointing this out and explaining it in much better detail.
>>
>>81347335
is that the only reason why you don't like him?
>>
>>81347093
4chan's best idea of a april fools day prank I guess
>>
>>81347335
Don't forget him having Cass things too and getting shot and paralyzed like Barbara.
>>
>>81347335
I think he's actually Bruce Wayne ramped up to eleven. In skills, in tragedy and in absurdness.

Still, he is my absolute favourite.
>>
>>81347335
I always took him as a miniature batman with fucked up talia assassin shit rolled in there.
>>
I don't know why I expected this thread to be anything more than "my Robin is better than your Robin"
>>
>>81347490
>>81347496
This. Has everyone conveniently forgotten the Batman of Bethelhem stuff? He's basically Bruce.
>>
I liked the batshit "Bruce goes to fucking Apokolips wearing a suit called the HELLBAT and punches Darkseid in the face" setup. Also glad they didn't just use a lazarus pit, that would have been lame as hell.
>>
>>81347392
It's a pretty damned good reason not to like him, to be fair.
>>
>>81347458
why must the management always be so tarded? seriously why is making your interface less appealing seen as a good idea? don't we suffer enough to recaptcha (where we basically labor to post) maybe im projecting but most of us are not social so we don't give a fuck what candler day it is, if we were we would not be here on those days.
>>
>>81347596
for me that sounds like batwank, special lazarus would have been better
>>
>>81347631
not really. its like saying "I like cake but I hate this cake that has parts of all the other cakes"
>>
>>81347756
Your opinion sucks. Lazarus pits are beyond played out, it would be an extremely underwhelming and predictable way for things to go. No one would give a single shit about the storyline, all anyone would ever say is "totally called it." Would you want to write that story? I wouldn't.
>>
>>81347061
You got that the wrong way around friend.
>>
>>81347566
Yeah that was pretty stupid of you
>>
>>81347756
I bet you hated it when Godzilla went to hell.
>>
>>81347812
anything more underwhelming then him fighting darkseid would have been him punching god in the face to get his son back. he was coming back 1 way or the other there was nothing that would not make it underwhelming, only think you can do is not make it look retarded when animated and not dependent on joint universe. underwhelming factor could have been covered by interesting side effects instead of regular rage or super powers
>>
Needed more Dick
>>
>>81348126
Don't we all?
>>
>>81346848
It was stupid.

>>81346986
Nope. Apokoliptan tech because Darkseid wanted him for some reason?
>>
>>81347578
That's not a good thing.
>>
>>81347789
its fair because his being an amalgamation of of the other characters ruins them. what makes them unique and interesting is just stolen and put into Damien.
>>81347490
>>81347496
Each of the Robins is a piece of Bruce. this is the draw to each of them and why Damien ruins them.

Dick:The Charismatic Acrobatic Leader
Jason:The Angry Violent Fighter
Tim:The Intelligent Detective

Damien strips them of this by being tiny Bruce.
>>
>>81350893
>unironically wanting TMNT Robins
>>
>>81351264
I never said I wanted that but thats what they are. and who wouldn't want an ongoing of the Robins teaming up and going on adventures and crap?
>>
>>81346848

Godawful in every way. I try not to think about it and just focus on Damian being back.

They actually made something stupider than Superboy Prime's punch bringing Jason back.
>>
>>81347578

Yep. Morrison even makes it so that the future Damian who didn't get nuked in Gotham ended up training Terry in lieu of Bruce.
>>
>>81351743
Once again, not a good thing. Why the fuck would you want a new character to follow literally every beat that their predecessor took? That's boring and unoriginal as fuck.
>>
>>81352346

>how do tragedies work
>>
>>81352511
There's a difference between tragedy and name swapped situations. Tragedy would be despite Damian's best efforts to be different and walk his own path that he still ends up a broken and bitter man.
>>
>>81352639

That's not what happened? It's implied Batman's death forced him into it and he's become very bitter about it, complete with even doubting his own abilities and admitting he could never be a better Batman than his father or Dick, having to pull every trick in the book just to keep up with everything Gotham throws at him.
>>
He is just going to die again. Watch.
>>
>>81351709
>They actually made something stupider than Superboy Prime's punch bringing Jason back.
Let's not go saying things we might regret.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.