[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have a preview for JL Darkseid War Special /co/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
File: JUSTLDWSP_Cv1_ds.jpg (347 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
JUSTLDWSP_Cv1_ds.jpg
347 KB, 780x1200
Have a preview for JL Darkseid War Special /co/
>>
File: JUSTLDWSP_1_1.jpg (380 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
JUSTLDWSP_1_1.jpg
380 KB, 781x1200
>>
File: JUSTLDWSP_1_2-3.jpg (591 KB, 1562x1200) Image search: [Google]
JUSTLDWSP_1_2-3.jpg
591 KB, 1562x1200
>>
File: JUSTLDWSP_1_4.jpg (400 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
JUSTLDWSP_1_4.jpg
400 KB, 781x1200
>poor moe Power Ring is damned to get tortured forever
he wasn't THAT evil ;_;
>>
File: JUSTLDWSP_1_5.jpg (374 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
JUSTLDWSP_1_5.jpg
374 KB, 781x1200
>>
File: JUSTLDWSP_1_6.jpg (286 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
JUSTLDWSP_1_6.jpg
286 KB, 781x1200
>>
>>81346387
I forgot this was still going on
>>
>>81346438
Power Ring a cute
>>
>>81346387
Thanks, Cody!!!
>>
>>81346474
Why are edgeladies so rare?
>>
>>81346461
>>81346474

God the dialogue is shit. When will this decompressed shit finally end?
>>
>>81346790
May
>>
>>81346790
Why stop it when people pay 3.99 every month for 9 months to get a whole story?
>>
>>81346404
>>81346415

Fill me in /co/mrades. I dropped GL since Hobo Hal. Is this Hal? Who's the girl?
>>
>>81346438
So, any bets on who is trapped inside the power battery?
My guess is Earth-3 Abin Sur.
>>
>>81347079
That's Earth 3 Hal Jordan, he was Power Ring but Sinestro killed him and his ring found the girl

her name is Jessica Cruz, she's going to end up an actual Green Lantern by the end of this arc
>>
>>81347152

Thanks brah' any issues I need to read to bring myself up to speed on Earth 3 or is it not required for Rebirth GL?
>>
Holy fuck this is still going on
>>
File: b052_-_gl_cv1.jpg (2 MB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
b052_-_gl_cv1.jpg
2 MB, 988x1500
>>81347278
nah no required reading

Hal Power Ring was in Forever Evil and Jessica was introduced after that

Jessica and Simon Baz are going to star in the Green Lanterns book
>>
So are we excited for Bryan Hitch's Justice League run? I only read one issue of JLA and it wasn't that bad, but good enough for him to write the main book? eh
>>
Has it been revealed yet what the connection, if any, is between the Power Ring Volthoom and the First Lantern Volthoom?
>>
>>81347393
I thought JLA was trash after the second issue tbqh. Hoping someone good is on the Rebirth version of it.
>>
>>81347494
Power Ring Volthroom is probably just the earth 3 version
>>
>>81347393
it was okay but yeah I'm not really looking forward to him on the main book

also I'd be lying if I said I wasn't butthurt that Hal's getting removed from the JL AGAIN

>>81347494
no
>>
>>81347494
>>81347556
First Lantern Volthoom was from Earth 3. He got sent back.
>>
>>81347393
I'm not because his JLA is decompressed mediocrity.
>>
>>81348204
And far enough into the past to have quite a lot of ex-hosts
>>
>Literally all women
cringeworthy
>>
>>81348236
And JL isnt?
>>
>>81348907
Don't be a fag, Fannie.
>>
>>81347393
His run is way too long. Morrison already explored the same concept in four issues, and Hitch doesn't seem to have anything better to say beyond what Morrison already did.
>>
Thread needs big mama Darkseid
>>
Explain this darkseid war shit to me. It sounds interesting, but it looks like blackest night where there is one central story line and then a.hundred side stories in all related comics. Should I just wait for a collection of it?
>>
>>81353819
>Explain this darkseid war shit to me.
The anti-monitor has a sad past and he goes to war with darkseid. Everyone gets "god" powers and yet they do nothing.

>It sounds interesting
Is not, there was huge hype, and everyone believed Johns would finally do the new gods in the right wy, we were wrong.

>but it looks like blackest night where there is one central story line and then a.hundred side stories in all related comics.
It's just the JL book and 7 tie ins. 17 issues total
>Should I just wait for a collection of it?

Yeah, it's pretty slow, and kinda boring, amazing art, but bad characterization and nothing really happens. My guess is that it will be good when everything is finally out and you can just read in in one sitting.
>>
>>81347393
With him no longer drawing, I hope it's not as decompressed. And I just want more interactions between the characters themselves.
>>
>>81347079
That's Jessica Cruz, the new Power Ring. Power Ring died and his ring chose her, but now she's a part of the JL.
>>
>>81354158
>>It's just the JL book and 7 tie ins. 17 issues total
The tie-ins are also one shots and not necessary to read. But the GL one is highly reccomended to check out.
>>
File: Motherbox and Daughter.jpg (233 KB, 1500x2198) Image search: [Google]
Motherbox and Daughter.jpg
233 KB, 1500x2198
>>81352249
Indeed.
>>
File: Broken.jpg (475 KB, 2232x1698) Image search: [Google]
Broken.jpg
475 KB, 2232x1698
>>81356107
>>
File: The Good Ol Days.jpg (1 MB, 2192x2500) Image search: [Google]
The Good Ol Days.jpg
1 MB, 2192x2500
>>81356199
>>
File: The size of inevitability.jpg (949 KB, 1920x2287) Image search: [Google]
The size of inevitability.jpg
949 KB, 1920x2287
>>81356317
>>
>>81347356
Here's the Nrama interview with Dogfucker in this regard.

>Step aside, Hal Jordan, and prepare for two new recruits to take the lead. Launching in June as part of DC's Rebirth, the new ongoing series Green Lanterns pairs Jennifer Cruz and Simon Baz in what former Marvel exclusive writer Sam Humphries calls "Lethal Weapon with alien technology."

>Kicking off with Green Lanterns: Rebirth #1 illustrated by veteran GL artist Ethan Van Sciver, the bi-monthly series itself will be drawn by Robson Rocha and Adrian Syaf. In it, Humphries promises to explore the entire emotional spectrum through the eyes of these two rookie recruits.

>Newsarama chatted with Humphries after the Rebirth announcements at WonderCon 2016 to find out how Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz fit into the DC Universe, what his first arc, “Red Dawn,” is all about, and how his Earth-bound Green Lanterns will still be “epic” on a cosmic scale.

>Newsarama: Sam, let’s talk about Green Lanterns.

>Sam Humphries: Yes! Green Lanterns. I’m glad you enunciated the “S” cause that’s what this book is all about. The plural. There are two new Green Lanterns of Earth. These are the Green Lanterns of Earth, Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz. And I’ve been calling it “Lethal Weapon with alien technology.”

>Nrama: Let’s talk about Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz. These are characters who have been established in the DC Universe, but this is their first real spotlight. What’s your take on these characters and their relationship?
>>
>>81356567

>Humphries: Their relationship is what this story is all about. They’re partners, they’re rookies, they’ve been thrown into this situation but they don’t know what to make of each other. They don’t know if they can trust each other. They don’t know if they should be afraid of each other. And just like that dynamic that you see in other great cop movies and TV shows, that’s the kinda dynamic that we’re gonna start with, and we’re gonna give it a real strong DC Universe twist.

>Nrama: We know Simon and Jessica are coming up against the Red Lanterns in an arc called “Red Dawn.” Are the Red Lanterns coming to Earth where these two Green Lanterns are stationed?

>Humphries: Hal Jordan is off in space. [He will be in a separate twice-monthly book called "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.] Earth is under the protection of two rookie Green Lanterns. If you’re the Red Lanterns, this is the best news you’ve had all month, especially if you’re Atrocitus and Bleez, and you’ve figured out that Earth is crucial to the survival of the Red Lantern Corps. All of a sudden, the best Green Lantern in history is off in space, and you’ve got these two rookies who may be strapped with the most powerful weapon in the DC Universe, but they don’t really know how to use it yet. So they’ve decided that Earth is crucial to their future, but the humans who live on it are expendable. So we’ve got rookie Green Lanterns, but epic stakes.

>Nrama: Aside from the Red Lanterns, are there any other parts of the Green Lantern mythos that you’re bringing in? And can we expect any of that unique Sam Humphries twistas well?

>Humphries: Yes to all of the above, absolutely. When it comes to the Green Lantern mythos, nothing is off the table – and I mean absolutely nothing. Within the first few arcs we’re gonna touch on every color in the emotional spectrum, every corps that’s out there. Virtually everyone who wears a ring these days.
>>
>>81356605

>And yes, there are new things that I’m bringing to the table. One of the most amazing Green Lantern stories of all time is “Sinestro Corps War.” And what’s amazing about that is, you take the core concept of what the Green Lantern Corps is, and you take the green and make it yellow. And it’s still part of the core concept, but all of a sudden, you’ve taken one epic idea and you’ve made it twice as epic. And if you’ve got green and yellow, you’ve got all the other colors, and you’ve made it seven times as epic. And that’s what we’re gonna do, building on the core of Green Lantern, which is courage over fear. That’s what Rebirth is all about – building on what makes these characters and these legacies great.

>Nrama: Between Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, who is the character you identified with most easily? Is there one of them that was harder to grasp?

>Humphries: I did really respond to Jessica Cruz right off the bat, and Simon was a little more difficult for me to figure out. But since I’ve been working on it, it’s flipped a little bit. They’re more even, but now I feel like I’ve got a really strong handle on Simon, and Jessica is the one who’s still surprising me.

>Nrama: Simon and Jessica are the two Green Lanterns of the Justice League. Will their status as rookies affect their role on the team?

>Humphries: They may be rookies, but they are going to be involved in the very heart of the DC Universe moving forward. There’s one big thing that we teased to today that I don’t even want to say the name of it out loud. There’s one big thing coming after Rebirth that’s gonna rock the DC Universe, and Simon and Jessica are gonna be front and center for what’s going on. So yes, they’re in Green Lanterns, yes they’re in Justice League. They’re gonna be in all the major things that are happening in the DC Universe. Yes, these are the Green Lanterns of Earth. It’s gonna be an amazing experience.
>>
>>81346415
Why is she such a waifu /co/?
>>
>>81356567
>Step aside, Hal Jordan, and prepare for two new recruits to take the lead. Launching in June as part of DC's Rebirth, the new ongoing series Green Lanterns pairs Jennifer Cruz and Simon Baz
>Jennifer
if you're gonna be smug about it you could at least get her name right
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.