[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did a lot of Super Heroes back in the days get their powers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: FG-Cadillac-DV-Convertible.jpg (82 KB, 593x394) Image search: [Google]
FG-Cadillac-DV-Convertible.jpg
82 KB, 593x394
Why did a lot of Super Heroes back in the days get their powers by Radioactive waste?
>>
Nuclear weapons and by extension all things radioactive were the tightest shit that people could imagine back in the day. People absolutely loved nuclear everything. The bikini was designed specifically because of the Hydrogen Bomb tests at Bikini Atoll.
>>
>>81345117
Because back in the day all anyone could ever think about was how atom bombs could wipe them out at any moment.
>>
>>81345117
How many actually got it from radioactive WASTE besides Daredevil?
Jessica Jones and the TMNT don't count because it was the same damn truck that got Matt.
>>
>>81345366
If they don't count, your question should be "how many wastes gave powers to superheroes".
>>
The bigger question is how do superheroes get their powers these days

Gender reassignment surgery?
>>
>>81345711
I'm serious. In the 60's they got powers from radiation in general, but radioactive WASTE? Despite the sterotype, I can't think of many.
>>
>>81345117
Nuclear was the cutting edge at the time, now we're moving from GM to nanotechnology.
>>
>>81345366
Toxic Avenger

unless it was the same truck
>>
>>81345117
People didn't know shit about radiation.
Just like now people don't know shit about nanotechnology.
>>
>>81346055
Does that mean our comics with nano powers are dated in a few years?
>>
>>81347107
Yep.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.