[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people get so mad about Harley being an anti-hero now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: harley-quinn.jpg (142 KB, 620x928) Image search: [Google]
harley-quinn.jpg
142 KB, 620x928
Why do people get so mad about Harley being an anti-hero now?

She's just the female Deadpool but not as bad since she hasn't be invited to the Justice League and absolved by Superman
>>
>>81345071
I like it.
>>
>>81345071

Stop making this thread, Jeff.
>>
>>81345803
as you should
>>
File: 0ocyypC.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
0ocyypC.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
I hate her redesign, more than what she's become. It's the god damn nose.
>>
>>81347669
The old costume was too plain, it was designed for a simple cartoon
>>
>>81345071
Harley has been written as far more amoral and has done much worse things than Deadpool ever has.

But it's also perpetuating the sexist notion that a female villain just doesn't know any better, and was simply led astray by a man. Acting like only men have agency is harmful to both genders.
>>
>>81345071

You posted this exact thread a few days ago. Several people answered your question.
>>
>>81347844
>Harley has been written as far more amoral and has done much worse things than Deadpool ever has.
k e k
>>
>>81348140
I think murdering and torturing lots of innocent people for fun far surpasses the worst Wade has under his belt, if only by quantity alone.

Especially murdering a bunch of kids.
>>
Would have been better if they did it with the joker.
>>
>>81348252
Difference is that Harley redeemed herself and corrected her behaviour to the extent than an anti-hero should

Wade still acts like an anti-hero despite supposedly being a full blown hero
>>
>>81347741
>simple cartoon

What're they paying you Mr.Intern?
>>
>>81348454
That's just shows how Harley is poorly-written, though. You can't have a character go from a sociopathic monster to a bubbly hero with the flip of a switch. It's like if the Joker suddenly became a hero and everyone accepted it.

Deadpool's characterization has just been more consistent.
>>
>>81348568
Not him, but I doubt it was meant as an insult. The show visually had a clean, simple look that doesn't translate perfectly to other art styles.
>>
>>81348678
>Deadpool's characterization has just been more consistent.
Waypool is nothing like Deadpool under Kelly
>>
>>81345071
>Why do people get so mad about Harley being an anti-hero now?
Because some of her fans see her as a blameless hero and they won't shut the fuck up. And her solo tries too hard to make her funny and likable.
>>
>>81345071
Same shit that happens to any villain that gets popular.

They get their own series and is made into some anti-hero. Then all the shit they did and people they killed is just handwaved away.
>>
>>81348361
Hey then he could make some purple armor and take Batman's place on the JLA for a while.
>>
so, her gimmick is that shes femjoker, but fights baddies
>>
>>81348678
Didn't that happen and people accepted it? People were even excited for it when he was helping Dick-Bats.
>>
>>81348568
God I wish people actually got paid to shill on /co/. I'd take that job in a heartbeat
>>
>>81348893
Still better than the difference between murders children harley and teen hero harley
>>
>>81350683
Venom was an anti-hero long before he got a solo.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.