[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else disappointed that they pussied out on actually showing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Anyone else disappointed that they pussied out on actually showing Frank's family being gunned down?

I felt that for Punisher's character, we really needed to see how horrible it was.
>>
>edgy series wasn't edgy enough
Sure Rick, sure.
>>
>>81345094
Nice buzzwords gayboy
>>
Showing Frank's family getting killed would have pushed his moral conviction forward a little too much in a series where Frank is supposed to be morally wrong and Daredevil CAN SAVE EVERYONE.

They do everything they need to with Frank for the character they're establishing him as, imo
>>
>>81345001
Saving that for his solo series, most likely.
>>
>>81346042
>Marvel MCU gets its own Netflix universe
Yes
YES
>>
File: 1364749955379.jpg (285 KB, 852x829) Image search: [Google]
1364749955379.jpg
285 KB, 852x829
>>81345001
I think piecing it together over the course of the season was generally better for pacing. As it was set up there's no reason to be graphic with it. They still went through great pains in court to explain exactly what happened and why Frank Franks. And if you're in it for graphic violence you likely had your fill as well.
>>
>>81346076
You do realize they're already building up for a crossover, right?
>>
>>81345001
No we don't
>>
>>81345001
It was more powerful merely through his dialogue when he says shit like her face came off. You can tell from the way he says it how horrible it was. Stop asking for unecessary edgy gore.
>>
>>81345935
>implying it's bad to enjoy sucking cock
>>
I think it's better we didn't see it, because it would take away from the monologue. It's better to see how his lost family has affected him than actually seeing the loss.
>>
As far as pure storytelling goes it is entirely unnecessary, there's no reason to show it. In fact that absence becomes even more powerful by seeing the effects it has on the character. If we see it happen, it makes it objective and definitive - there is no room for embellishment or emotion or restraint of any form, especially with something that awful. We see how Frank sees it, and his version of events which completely shape his entire character. It's so integral to his psyche that if we actually saw it happen it's possible to poke a hole in it or think "surely it was awful but not awful enough to warrant THIS kind of response."

It's like dabbling in chiaroscuro, the interplay between light and shadow, seen and unseen creatures an immediately more contrasting and striking balance than if everything were illuminated. Further it lets us fill in additional blanks and imagine things through Frank's eyes instead of a filmmaker's camera. It draws you not just into Frank's story, but the other characters as well, since you experience it the same way they do.

If it actually showed it, it would probably be weaker. It would undermine his cemetery monologue entirely. That's the entire emotional payoff to a sub-surface plot element that is all the more powerful for the obfuscation until that point and after.
>>
>>81345001
Fuck off, Rick. The brutality isn't the point. The senselessness is and that's captured just fine.
>>
>>81345001
YOU GOTTA MAKE THE HARD CHOICES RICK
>>
Believe it or not, anon, not many people in the Netflix audience derive pleasure from watching a prepubescent girl's grey matter running out of the crater-that-was-her-face like you or I.
>>
>>81346113
>Implying Clusterfuck Studios could ever manage fitting the Netflix characters in Infinity War.
>>
Dumbasses, It didn't have to be explicit, but some sort of flashback would have been nice. We barely even got a look at his family.
>>
>>81354974
Which they are obviously saving for,some other reveal either in DD or their other upcoming street-level shows
>>
>>81345001

It's almost like it wasn't a Punisher show at all.
>>
>>81356678
How is that obvious? His origin is basically done, now. Why would his family come up again?
>>
>>81353838
>mcu
>a clusterfuck
>not knowing about the defenders netflix series
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>81345001
Are you the same guy that needs to see batman's parents die and Spider-Man get bitten by a radioactive spider every movie?
>>
>>81358626
>Ryan Dunn
what a jackass
>>
>>81345001
I don't like how they watered down Frank's acquired taste for killing.

The whole point is that he enjoys it, although he wouldn't admit it.

I just want the PunisherMAX bullseye arc
>>
>>81345001
Why would they pussy out by not showing it? He's had 3 movies, his origin story didn't need to be shown again. It worked much better this way, focusing on Frank franking instead of the excuse he uses to brutally frank people.
The show had plenty of gore as it was.
>>
>>81360128
>The whole point is that he enjoys it, although he wouldn't admit it.
That's not the whole point. That's the realization that comes from giving his behavior a some thought, the idea of enjoying what he does never even crosses his mind. Stop complaining about dumb shit, you ugly faggot.
>>
>>81345001
yeah but him have a nice dick
>>
Anyone got that essential Daredevil reading collage. Looked all over and can't seem to find it.
>>
I hate that Frank and Elektra had no interactions
>>
>>81360283
You can't just call him ugly, can you? You don't even know the guy
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.