[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Punisher and Fisk was awesome, the rest of the series was really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Punisher and Fisk was awesome, the rest of the series was really goddamn boring.

Did you like Elektra?
>>
>>81338923
Elektra was pretty good, my dick seemed to appreciate her. I think they blew their load on killing her like that though only to resurrect her next season. But I think that was part of the problem with season 2. Like, they probably hashed out the first four episodes and knew they had some great shit, but then when they got to the remainder of the season, they didn't really know what to do with the Hand.
>>
>>81338923
I liked Eleckra. I liked season 2.

Too much Karen though
>>
>>81339093
>Too much Karen though
Fucking this. Christ.
>>
I actually liked the Karen stuff a lot, I thought it was really cool how she became like "the new Ben Urich".

I really felt they fucked up all the stories they based on the comics, like bullseye not being the one who kills Elektra and the fucked up way Daredevil freed himself from the Punishers chains on the rooftop.
>>
>>81338923
Elektra was alright, but not as the Black Sky. It makes no sense that a kind of above-average ninja with a sadism fetish is some kind of ancient ninja weapon. Just leave her as Matt's ex flame who can follow him when he puts on the suit.

Foggy and Karen's whole arc was ok, but everyone around them is so much more interesting that with them, less is more. You could have condensed the whole Frank defense/ investigation part of the story, especially since it doesn't amount to much in the end, and thrown a bit more into the first part of the show, where DD and Frank are still running into each other periodically.
>>
>>81339093
Elektra was fucking shit. Any semblance of a character she had was just thrown out the window once they actually tried doing something dramatic with her. Not only that but she makes Matt act like a retard too, not like realistically "out of love" or some shit but just legitimately poorly written. Right before they attempt the final fight against The Hand, he goes to her and says that they're going to do it his way, their way. But then Elektra just goes around stabbing people in the head. She's the most generic femme fatale type i've seen in a show thus far. Her assassin was more charismatic than she was.

Karen had real character developments. Her conversation where she reveals that she's kinda ok with killing criminals is a major change for her. You can see that she has been racked by the whole Fisk and Punisher fiasco. I will say that it's annoying that they just kinda forced her into Urich's role later in the season rather than doing it a bit more gracefully.
>>
Any foggy is too much foggy, goddamn what a whiney faggot.
>>
>>81338923
She was a hell of a lot better than Jennifer Garner. I liked her a lot at first, but her role felt very forced in the end. Maybe it would've helped if they gave a clear explanation of what the Black Sky was. Regardless, she worked well with Matt/Daredevil and had some solid depth to her.

Honestly, maybe I'm a pleb or whatever but I would really prefer KarenxFoggy and MattxElectra. Foggy and Karen had some really great chemistry, whereas the scenes with Matt+Karen range from tepid to cringe. Intentional cringe I suppose, but still, they just don't work romantically.
>>
>>81339413
>>81339443
>Siblingposts
Cute.
>>81339271
How does he free himself in the comics?
>>
Elektra being the Black Sky was dumb. Stick spoke about it like it was the greatest weapon ever and then you see Elektra struggle against Hand mooks.
>>
Does anyone know who the redheaded woman working with The Hand was supposed to be? She shows up in the last episodes, doesn't get dispatched during the last fight, and seems to hold some sort of leadership position in the Hand, but she's just credited as "Tyler" in the credits and I can't figure out if she's supposed to be a parallel to any character from the comics.
>>
File: Daredevil.png (1 MB, 1024x1809) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil.png
1 MB, 1024x1809
>>81338923
I liked season 2 a lot.

Sure it was overly ambitious but I felt that DD and JJ both had focused too much on a single plot. They needed more things to do.

So yeah, the two main stories didn't gel. In part they weren't supposed to, kinda like how Elektra was originally sent to drag Matt away from his life/friends in the past, she kinda did it again in the present.

As with the other two series it peaked far too early and ended anti climatically. There was a few issues, like the Blacksmith was a pretty bad reveal.

Hopefully this season will be a learning curve and they will try harder to juggle different plot lines.
>>
>>81339605
>How does he free himself in the comics?
He doesn't free himself. It's a scene from a PUNISHER book, which should explain everything.
>>
>>81338923
Frank was the best part of the series. Too bad they focused most of it on The Hand.

Taking 2 completely unrelated plotlines and shuffling them into 1 season just so they can have Elektra *and* Frank is pretty fucked. They should have just had Frank wrecking shit and DD chasing him.
>>
>>81338923
Because nobody gives a fuck about fucking ninjas
>>
>>81339965
Yeah, I've been trying to figure that out too.
>>
no GOD I HATED HER

more properly i hated how she was written into the story and i just wanted her to leave my matty alone
>>
>>81338923
>Did you like Elektra?
No, both actress and her subplot was fucking awful.
>>
>>81339605
He doesn't he tries to shoot frank but frank removed the firing pin in the first place. It made Matt a hypocrite and frank right.
>>
>>81340914
Punisher was the highlight. In fact, Punisher plus Kingpin may have been the highlight.

The Elektra stuff just fell flat for me. Daredevil fighting 50 ninjas one by one wasn't great.
>>
>>81343345
>Daredevil fighting 50 ninjas one by one wasn't great.

That's one of the things I was thinking looking at it. Problem of adapting from one medium into another without playing to its strengths.

There's some very cool creative stuff in portraying Daredevil's blindness and enhanced senses in the comics that won't work in filmed form. And a fight against 50 ninja that can be condensed into a couple of pages *need* to take a lot more time proportionally from the filmed version. Making it a lot more tedious if you don't use combat parsimoniously.
>>
I liked Elektra fine, but the whole Hand subplot was threadbare and pointless.
>>
>>81338923
I liked season 2 more than season 1 even if I admit season 1 was more well put together overall.

I never felt like i was watching a filler episode with season 2. It moved along and i felt each plotline had a good ammount of time spent with it.
Yes even the Punisher one. I think the Punisher has a simple fucking arc and this idea he should have been in more is just people who like the punisher wanting more punisher doing frank shit. I love me some Frank too but he was used sensibly in this and it wasn't overdone.

Fisk of course was the magical surprise and yeah he was awesome too.

The Elektra/Hand stuff though for me was just as good as the rest of it. I loved finally seeing the hand brought into live action and fighting Daredevil. I also thought Elodie was a kick ass Elektra. I'm hoping she is tempered by being inducted into the hand in future seasons but this was a cool slightly less restrained Elektra who had a good dichotomy of genuinely wanting to be a decent person but also relishing in that dark side of herself. It made me think of the Elektra miller wrote in DD man without fear. The kind of person to lure attackers into an alley like bait so she could enjoy ending their lives with justification.

I loved how Daredevil fucks up a lot in this season. Cos when i think of daredevil that is an element of the character. He has his heart in the right place but he aint batman. He has terrible fucking judgement about a lot of shit. So the season had so much of him juggling the different aspects of his life but never quite getting a firm grasp on any one of them.

I dug Karens journey though I feel they are really regretting removing Ben Urich from the show as he was replaced with white beardy ben urich in this season. But giving her a sense of purpose that kept the connection to the punisher story open i dug. Same with Foggy I loved him in this just like seas 1.

My cons. The blacksmith shit, and too many hanging threads.
>>
As someone who thought season 1 was bretty alright, albeit dragged out and with Kingpin being the best character, will I like season 2?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.