[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things you learned from cartoons/comics that turned out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: 1458602377643.jpg (23 KB, 795x597) Image search: [Google]
1458602377643.jpg
23 KB, 795x597
ITT: Things you learned from cartoons/comics that turned out to be complete horse shit, I'll start.

>You can't read in dreams
>>
File: actual Batman.png (903 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
actual Batman.png
903 KB, 640x480
>>81311652
I once read the back of a CD case in a dream. Surprisingly, it worked perfectly.
>>
File: real-ghostbusters-2.jpg (452 KB, 900x679) Image search: [Google]
real-ghostbusters-2.jpg
452 KB, 900x679
>pretty much anything to do how nuclear power works
>>
Wait, that's not true? I've been reading to check if I'm dreaming for the past 20 years.
>>
>>81311652
I think it's kinda true in that you're not reading something that has physically been printed, you're reading whatever your mind can generate as fast as you can dream-read it
>>
>>81312422
You're dreaming right now.
>>
>>81312422
Try pinching yourself instead
I'm pretty sure you can't feel pain in a dream
I used to be able to kinda-lucid dream like that. Problem was I couldn't think of anything to do in the dream once I had control
>>
>>81312529

Lucid dreaming is an oxymoron. You're not conscious while dreaming, you are only dreaming that you are conscious.
>>
File: 1459200539900.jpg (85 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459200539900.jpg
85 KB, 500x375
>>81312422
Nope, total bull shit.
I think it was a month ago I had a dream where I checked my phone and all of the contacts were the names of dogs I work on (vetfag here).

The FIRST thing I thought of when I woke up was that BTAS episode.
>>
>>81312422
It's not. In mine yeah some words are just jumbled but I've been able to read signs and some venture bros quote in my dreams.
>>
>>81312446
For example: this thread
>>
>>81312529
I've felt pain before in dreams.

My check system uses lighting. If the sky is a dark color, but everything is fully lit, I'm dreaming.
>>
>>81311652
You can read in your dreams but if you try to read something twice the words will change. I checked.
>>
File: birdthink.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
birdthink.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>>81312529
>>81312639
>lucid dreaming
I've always meant to ask, is that a real thing?
Aside from that one episode of American Dad I've only ever seen it talked about on 4ch and I had to wonder if it was one of those "MIX BLEACH AND AMMONIA TO MAKE CRYSTALS!" kinda things.
>>
File: Smilin'_Joe_Fission.png (210 KB, 408x420) Image search: [Google]
Smilin'_Joe_Fission.png
210 KB, 408x420
>>81312217
The Simpsons explained it adequately enough in Season 1.
>>
>>81312836
A lucid dream is just a dream where you're aware that you're dreaming. You've never had one of those?
>>
>>81312836
I only ever tried as a kid
I'd figure out it was a dream via painless pinch (might be a belief thing if >>81312796 is true. I believe that it wouldn't hurt in a dream)
after that, whatever nightmare I was having stopped, but I never really managed to go anywhere from there because there was nothing I really wanted to do. I usually ended up waking up
>>
>>81312529
>couldn't think of anything
>not summoning your waifu and having a romantic night until you wake up and feel like killing yourself.
>>
>>81312836
Again, there is no such thing as a "lucid" dream.

That part of the brain isn't even in function while you sleep. While you sleep your conscious part of the brain shuts off and a different part of it starts working, managing your body functions, such as dreams.

You are merely dreaming that you are "conscious" without actually being so.
>>
Yeah, it's pretty much word salad that changes by the second, but still readable at the time of seeing it in the dream. Feel pretty sure it's not just my mind making me think I'm reading by just picking up on the "meaning" because I would see and recognize random katakana and shit in there once I started studying Japanese.

>>81312422
I've heard you can look at your hands to tell if you're dreaming because the appearance/number of fingers will be noticeably fucked up.
>>
>>81312912
Rarely, and once I do realize it's a dream I wake up shortly after so I don't have any time to play around with it.
I meant like manually "activating" a lucid dream, like the whole "pingpong ball halves on your eyes, listening to white noise" thing.

>>81313043
I heard you the first time, anon, but lucid dreaming is what it's commonly referred to. Until you can come up with something more accurate, that's what I'm sticking with.
>>
>>81312529
>you can't feel pain in a dream
>you can't die in a dream

This is a strange thing because I've had several dreams where I've been mauled by creatures (usually it's a Lion, even when the dream is that I'm at the fucking beach a lion comes out of the surf and attacks me, and it's always to the back of the neck) And while I know for a fact that I feel the teeth start to sink in, I don't really know if that count's as "pain" since it's more of just pressure.

I've also had a dream where in I repeated the same day seven times, and at the end of each time I died in a horrible fiery explosion, only to basically just restart all the events again. The very last time I stopped the explosion, and as I walked off someone shot me.

>>81313094
>look at your hands to tell if you're dreaming
That's a strange one too, because I'll often have dreams that are more of me watching myself do something, and from what I remember I look totally fine.
>>
>>81313247
Because you weren't paying attention to your hands.
>>
File: 1312956139992.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1312956139992.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
To tell if you are dreaming you are supposed to look in a mirror.
>>
>>81311652
Well when your dreaming you think your reading but really your not you think your clearlrylly reading something in your dream state when rely it's just a bunch of in hornet shaped that's you conscience puts together a a coherent thing so you can process it mentally
>>
>>81313247
I figure it's the terror and anticipation masking the lack of actual pain
A pinch is a pretty sharp pain and you'd be focused on feeling it instead of distracted by fear
>>
>>81313247
Your dreams sound like they'd make a hilarious physical comedy show.
>>
>>81313361
I thought you looked in the sky or tried to push your finger through your hand?

I don't see any reason why I couldn't dream of my own reflection...
>>
Sometimes I don't even know if I'm speaking a real language in my dreams, more like a bunch of weird mumbling that I and everyone in my dream can understand.
>>
File: 1454434569288.jpg (145 KB, 591x559) Image search: [Google]
1454434569288.jpg
145 KB, 591x559
>I have dreams of pure text.
>>
>>81313361
I could've sworn you are absolutely NOT supposed to look in mirrors in dreams because it gucks with your brain and you see some really horrifying nightmarish shit.
>>
>If someone bullies you and you have the abilitiy to get back at him, you're an asshole who needs to be punished by the asshole who bullied you in the first place.
>>
Man, my dreams are almost always a jumbled mess.

I remember one dream I was at a mall with a friend I have who is from scotland. Then we started playing some online game or something at the mall, at one point I somehow accidentally pissed off an NPC in the game and he tried to kill me. My friend killed him to save me. But that was apparently illegal so outside of the game he got arrested.

I remember even in the dream I was like "This makes no fucking sense"

Man, I wish I had more dreams that conclude in a happy way (ie not getting eaten or something or just waking up in the middle of things). Those always leave me really content when I wake up, but I can only think of like 2 times its happened.
>>
I almost never dream, it's just black and no memory of anything besides going to sleep and waking up. On the super rare occasion I do dream it's extremely vivid and expansive to the point it's like watching an entire TV series all at the same time. I keep a dream journal and write down everything, but I've only had two entries the past three years. Both of them I've expanded into fully fledged graphic novels.

the first is being published later this year, the second is a 2100 page, four volume set I've been working on for three years and probably won't be finished for another few years.
>>
>>81313570
Think I still speak English in my dreams because I've woken up a few times saying whatever dumb bullshit dream-me would have said in context.
>>
>>81313500
I don't know about that, but there are some that really fit that.

One time I dreamed my brother and I were running around our house because it was being attacked by Godzilla, and he had to fight it off with super soakers. And when we opened up the front door, we realized that our house was sitting on top of the empire state building.

And then there was the dream where my entire family was chased around my home town by a homicidal dinner plate that some how cut our old family hatchback in half.

and whenever I have a fever I always have this dream where I'm some kind of military commander in some fucked up world that's the bastard child of K'Nex and Tron.
>>
>dreaming some nonsense
>"wait, this is a dream. i can do anything."
>proceed to break into houses looking for advil and money because my tooth hurts
>old lady comes home and starts screaming
>"NO NO its ok, this is my dream."
>"Oh, ok." goes about her business
>go outside and grab a woman because sex
>she starts screaming
>NO NO its ok, this is my dream. this isn't real."
"Oh, good." and end up having the best sex dream I've ever had

Just wanted to share my first experience with having a dream I realized was a dream.
>>
>>81313603
That's acid, my man. Anytime I look in the mirror in my dreams I just look a bit older or have longer hair.
>>
>The police are incompetent
>>
>>81314270
>some police are competent

I mean I know not every cop is an awful cunt, but still.
>>
>>81311652
If you die in a dream you die in real life.
>>
Wait, thats not true?

Cuz whenever I read in dreams I have to go back and read it two or three times. And I actually, like, NOTICE that I have to. And each time I get angrier.
>>
>>81311652
>Bullies are cowards
Nope.
>>
>>81311652
I read half a Warhammer 40k codex in a dream.

Funny story, the codex stated that Dark Eldars had Imperial plasma canons and I started luicid dreaming because "this can't be true, why the fuck would Dark Eldars use Imp-tech plasma weap- ...wait shit, I'm dreaming."

My best friend later died on a grill while making hamburgers and it was hilarious.
>>
The concept of "pure energy" or even "energy blasts"

Dodging lasers, basically how lasers work at all.

How amnesia works.

What mouse holes look like.

The idea that lasagna tastes good.
>>
>>81314482
No it's not true. Just last month I drempt I was Spider-man and went through my (Peters) phone contacts
>>
>>81312836
Psylon here. Lucid dreaming is an actual, if rare occurrence where cognition continues during REM sleep. Yes, you can essentially 'control' your dreams, but this requires making a lot of changes to sleep and day-to-day habits that most people find it's not worth the effort.
>>
>>81314552
I agree with everything you said except the last part.
>>
>>81314552
>The idea that lasagna tastes good
Do you just wake up and decide to have no taste?
>>
>>81314597

Then what, my subconscious is making it impossible for me to dream read because... it just likes being a dick?
>>
>>81313361
I fucking recommend you do, it's probably the sickest shit yet, but it's a bit of a 50/50 for me.

Once I looked into a mirror and saw myself without anything different. Another time I had a really sloppy stitched gazglowe smile and no eyelids, which was a fucking kicker.
Woke up all sweaty and shit.
>>
>>81314636
most definetly
>>
>>81314746

Oh, so its not enough that I barely remember my dreams, and never dream about a succubus visiting me, now its fucking with my dream reading capability too?

Fuck you, subconscious.
>>
>>81314842
It's a bitch. Since I was young I've had dreams about the same girl, whom I've never met every couple of months. It's pissing me off
>>
>>81314842
Morrigan will never be real, not even in your dreams.
>>
File: Bird_Puppet.png (409 KB, 906x656) Image search: [Google]
Bird_Puppet.png
409 KB, 906x656
>>81311652
The nerd gets the girl
>>
>>81311652

I have this thing where I can read in dreams, but occasionally if I look away and back the text will be completely different.

Also all of my senses work in my dreams 1:1 as in real life.

>>81312836

Definitely real, I've woken myself up before when I knew I was dreaming and could tell that it was going down nightmare lane. It's really weird trying to open your real eyes from inside a dream and not you dream "eyes".
>>
>>81312217
>>
File: Nay.png (104 KB, 178x291) Image search: [Google]
Nay.png
104 KB, 178x291
>>81311652
>Broccoli is bad
>>
>>81312818
This.
>>
The parts of dreams I control is never very long

Like maybe the last ten to fifteen minutes before I wake up

And how much I control seems to change and depends on what was happening before I was aware

sometimes I can change into someone else or fly or throw fire from my hands

Others times am just me and it's just weird stuff happening

Or a nightmare and the only thing I can do is realize it's not real and wake up before something awful happens

As for books

I think while I can read the words they change after I've read them
>>
File: 1456671922739.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456671922739.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>81314084
>try to bang in a dream
>I just feel pressure on my cock, no pleasure at all
>>
>>81314504
>tfw used to bully bullies when I forgot my money or was bored
it was so fucking swell seeing those autists run over to the long haired skinny white boy to pick on to because they need their daily dose of pretense superiority.
>>
>>81314084
You literally fucked yourself.
>>
>>81315152

The weird thing was when I had a dream and I realized that I'd have the same dream years ago

Before the dream I wouldn't remember but during I would and what I did last time

I can't even remember it now because it happened years ago when I was a teenager

Just that the first dream ended poorly and the second time I remembered what happened and did things differently
>>
>>81315069
>It's really weird trying to open your real eyes from inside a dream and not you dream "eyes".
That happened to me once when I was a little kid. Somehow I realized that I was dreaming, tried to open my eyes IRL but couldn't. I could actually feel my eyelids stretching and trying to pull apart, but it was like they were glued together. This happened totally by accident though, I had never heard of lucid dreaming. I read about it many years later, but never managed to have one intentionally. At least not one that I could remember.
>>
>>81311652

I can distinctly remember a dream where I read something but while the words themselves were correct, they weren't in any logical order, it was just a mishmash strung together.
>>
File: 1451086770924.jpg (82 KB, 698x653) Image search: [Google]
1451086770924.jpg
82 KB, 698x653
>>81315359
>first lucid dream
>oh fuck gonna have sex
>dream up a 10/10 dream qt
>still get cucked by dream chad
>>
>>81313602

I've had dreams of just listening to other people's conversations.
>>
>>81313094
>>81313333
Funny thing: as a somewhat an artist, in my dreams I can envision my hands well enough that I'm self-convinced. So, my dreams give themselves away with "floaty" walk/run physics and seeing people long dead. Perhaps, checking the fingerprints will prove itself as a better method.
The only exception I remember was when I got my fingers compressed by lying in a wrong pose an in a dream they looked twisted because they felt that way, I guess.
>>
File: 1449469133154.jpg (77 KB, 527x750) Image search: [Google]
1449469133154.jpg
77 KB, 527x750
>>81315544
>tfw no ss13 cartoon
>>
>>81313602
Try dreaming in outdated science-fiction novels.
>>
>>81315359
sucks to be you
>>
>>81315544
This always happens to me. The weirdest part is, the chad that cucks me is me. What does that mean?
>>
>>81315544
What was she like.
>>
>>81315762
you're the only one standing in your way
>>
>>81315445
>The weird thing was when I had a dream and I realized that I'd have the same dream years ago
This happens to me sometimes. I remember things that happened to me in dreams before, but it may be my brain messing with me and I'm just thinking I dreamed that before when actually it's the first time I'm dreaming about it.
>>
>>81315472

I first had it when I was a kid too, but I still have it happen from time to time. It's like trying to sync up your "eyelids" with your eyelids, really hard to describe.

About half of my dreams are lucid, but I normally just go with the flow. It's pretty fun to see what your imagination can come up with.

It also gets really weird when you realize that the people you're talking with are just constructs made by your own brain. I wonder if you're talking to yourself, or if your brain actually creates some kind of limited separate consciousness for dream people.
>>
>>81311652
i wonder if that was just miscommunication. because certainly if you're having TROUBLE reading you're probably dreaming. if the words don't make sense, aren't staying consistent, etc... Doctor Who did it better.
>>
>>81315606
>So, my dreams give themselves away
I don't understand this concept. I've had really vivid dreams my entire life, but no matter how fucking weird or insane they are, I've never once "realized" it was a dream at the time. They have always made perfect sense in the context of the dream itself.

Hey, I can fly, but only by contorting myself into a weird position and I control elevation by changing the extension of my legs? Also, E.T. is chasing me, I'm in charge of ride maintenance at a massive theme park, and the ghosts who inhabit this haunted house that is made of Legos want to fuck things up for the Canadian Ambassador's party which will start WWIII?
Yes, this is all perfectly rational and in no way strange.

Seriously, some fucking days it takes me almost five minutes of being awake to understand how stupid my dreams are.
>>
I'm always too busy trying to accomplish a simple task in my dreams to just sit around and ponder if I'm in a dream or not. Mostly just trying to go from one place to another but not being able to remember exactly how to get to my destination or having some stupid shit happen that inhibits me from getting there (e.g. can't run right, can't jump correctly, can't see well, or I can't find the stamina to progress much).

One thing I do notice is that if I get hurt or badly injured, I never bleed. I've seen things like chunks of my body getting ripped out or my skin turning invisible and what comes out is either white meat like in a McNugget or I just see raw muscle that looks like uncooked meat. But no blood.
>>
>Best friend dies IRL.
>I'm 22, never seen death before, loosing my best friend fucked me up pretty badly.

>I have a dream about being a suicide bomber-Sith Lord.
>Thermal detonators in a bag in my left hand.
>Red Lasersword in the other.
>Dead-Friend walks up to me and starts talking like nothing.
>"Hi Anon."
>I'm fucking stunned.
>"B-BUT... friend! How are you here!? You're supposed to... be dead..."
>He puts a hand on my shoulder.
>"I though I would pop up and say Hi."
>I look at him, he literally died 2 days ago and this is breaking my heart.
>He tells me he can come and go as he wants.
>I snap out of my amazement.
>"Dead-Friend, drop some spoilers, bro! What does the afterlife look like!?"
>He like scratches his ching and goes: "It actually looks like Ancient China, but it like changes every so often."

He showed up 2 times later to spoil how the afterlife looked like, haven't dreamed about him in months.
Next time someone dies, I want it to be me, I never want to bury a friend again.
>>
>>81312878
actually yeah. they explained it perfectly back then. right down to the small amount of waste they just swept under the rug
after that the plant became a big cartoonish pollution factory. changing 'releasing slightly warmed waste water that bothers fish used to it being slightly colder' to 'releasing fucking toxic waste into the river causing mutated fish'
of course that made it a lot funnier
>>
>>81313716
Sounds interesting what's the name
>>
>>81316066
This is why I keep a journal. I know the dreams that I keep having and mark down how many times and the span between them. The cool thing is that sometimes little bits and new chunks get added in to the dreams. It's like picking up issue #1.5
>>
>>81315069
It's really weird when you realize you're dreaming and wake up in your dream and do all the things you normally do when you wake up but you're still in your bed.
>>
>>81312926
shit i still feel pain in dreams
>>81313043
bollocks. you can activate the concious part of the brain, just good luck KEEPING it on. it keeps sliding back out. in my case lucid dreaming now wakes me up
but it USED to work. i used to be able to take full control. for that matter i used to be able to imagine scenarios and environments in my head, and actually stay in them and explore them. god damn i miss that.
>>81312836
you must have just misheard that one. bleach and ammonia makes poison gas
>>
>>81315140
it can be. i just had a bad experience with it today, had a wee bit of diarrhea as a result of overcooking the broccoli. i'm usually more careful than that, but this was some 'organic' bullshit broccoli instead of the usual shit i buy.
>>
>>81316148
That's fucking stupid. Stupidly fucking heart-warming, Anon.

As far as Hell goes, looking like Ancient China isn't that bad.
>>
>>81316117
When I realize I'm dreaming it's because small insignificant details bug me instead of all the absurd shit that was happening a seconds ago, and it happens to me mostly when I'm dreaming about mundane things.
>>
>>81316311
Ah. I've never really been able to notice small details even while awake, so seeing them in a dream is a lost cause for me.
>>
File: crystals.jpg (59 KB, 427x500) Image search: [Google]
crystals.jpg
59 KB, 427x500
>>81316203
>bleach and ammonia makes poison gas
Why are you lying to me, Anon?

But seriously, how fucking new are you?
>>
>>81311652
Pretty much anything to do with dreams in general. I never see them portrayed realistically.
>>
File: crystals.jpg (132 KB, 1212x712) Image search: [Google]
crystals.jpg
132 KB, 1212x712
>>81316417
Good times.
>>
>>81314601
i had been doing it for like 15 years.
Until now what i can do is pretty much "change the channel", pretty much i can now i'm dreaming and just by stepping outside a room and thinking on another subject i can get away, there's no real control at least for me, no flying, no powers, but you can do stuff like think about cars and manage to drive a really cool car, but is not as if it appears in the ait you just start another dream. I have OCD so it was really easy for me to ask myself every hour "i'm dreaming?" then you ask yourself how did i came here, watch your hands and try to look at the proportions of stuff like TV's and other things that usually have a well defined size.

It's pretty cool.
>>
File: antispi.jpg (218 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
antispi.jpg
218 KB, 640x480
Fuck, you people actually control what you can do in a dream?

I just kinda go with whatever flow is happening, kinda like watching a TV program while I'm acting inside it

How in hell do you get a lucid dream?
>>
>>81316558

Every time I've realized that I'm dreaming, I wake up immediately. There's supposed to be techniques to control lucid dreaming, but I don't think it's so big of a deal to try and attempt it.
>>
>>81316558
I can do it pretty consistently by waking up and immediately going back to sleep a few times.
>>
File: 1448855682464.png (26 KB, 602x166) Image search: [Google]
1448855682464.png
26 KB, 602x166
>character smokes weed
>hallucinates
I fucking wish.
>>
>>81316626
>tfw your having a good dream and wake up
>then go back to sleep and pick up where you left off
that's when I get more control
>>
>>81316631
Eh, depends on the strength of the weed. I've smoked wax-base once, and that was a hit so strong that I was convinced for hours that at any second gravity would reverse itself and I would I fly right into fucking space. Not a lot of fun.
>>
File: ohneptune.gif (233 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
ohneptune.gif
233 KB, 500x282
>mfw Sleep paralysis

FUCK THAT. Its absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>81316855
Experienced that once, while detoxing from alcohol. It's a god damned nightmare, in the most literal sense. No one should have to go through that.
>>
File: no mouth must scream.png (510 KB, 450x446) Image search: [Google]
no mouth must scream.png
510 KB, 450x446
>>81316855
>>
File: lucid dream basics version 2.png (540 KB, 2388x2384) Image search: [Google]
lucid dream basics version 2.png
540 KB, 2388x2384
>>81312836
I've been able to fly and summon sexy bitches before after realizing I was dreaming, but not regularly.
>>
>>81316855
The only experience I've had with that was when I felt a towering presence at my bedside and it would seemingly topple over to fall down on me, but it never did. Shit's awful.
>>
>>81316972
>>81316933
>>81316900
>>81316855
I swear i heard noises and some shadow thing was touching me, and i was alone too.
I don't know what the best thing to do in that situation is. Do you close your eyes and try to go back to actual sleep to get out of it (which is really hard when you feel like something is about to attack you), or do you just like fidget around and try to jolt yourself awake?
>>
>>81316855
>>81316900
>>81316933
>>81316972
So, as someone who knows what that's like -
Is it even possible to explain sleep paralysis to people who don't know what it is? Because I'm utterly incapable of putting it into words. Nothing I've ever been able to think of accurately describes the "begging for the sweet relief of death" levels of fucking horror.
>>
>>81316747
Not exactly what I mean, I've done shit like that too, like this one time I thought my kitchen was a gas station, but I mean like, when a character gets stoned and seeing unicorns, galaxies, animals and shit, like they've just smoked themselves into the Lisa Frank dimension.
>>
>>81317071
It doesn't matter, explain it anyway.
>>
>>81317072
Oh, right. Yeah, even with my gravity thing, I still knew it was fucking stupid. It was more like a persistent paranoid delusion that knew full well was stupid but just could not stop thinking about. Yeah, weed never makes you hallucinate like that.
>>
>>81317133
I just did. I'm terrified of dying, but sleep paralysis was such a horrible fucking experience that I spent most of it wishing from the very bottom of my soul that I was dead just so it would fucking stop. I don't think there are words in the English language that can really give weight to even 10% of what it's like.
>>
>>81317071
It kinda feels like watching a video that your 99.9% sure is a screamer and you're just waiting for it to happen. You're just staring at whatever, unable to move.

Not sure if it's the same for anyone else, but I've been able to kinda break myself out of it and move, but Goddamnit it's physically exhausting. It's like trying to move something that's almost past your breaking point.
>>
>>81311652
Jesus christ what a nostalgia bomb. I remember watching that episode when it first aired with a friend, and I had no idea what was going on. My friend says "I think he's dreaming because you can't read in your dreams." I then realized it was true.

Your brain tells you what you are supposed to be reading, but the words don't really look correct.
>>
>>81312079
I bet you it was a CD case you already knew the words to.
>>
>>81317211
>>81317192
Can you just close your eyes?
>>
>>81316558
I just get sick of the bullshit and change the rules. Sometimes I float just off of the ground instead of walk, just because I can.

Of course, your nightmares will get more surreal once you realize you're basically untouchable in your dreams. I have nightmares about trying so save groups of people without grossly violating the rules of their world.Feels bad when they all die
>>
>>81317309
Don't know, never tried. You kinda want to stay vigilant while you can't move.
>>
>>81313602
Maybe you're on the internet too much and should go out and talk to people.

wake up.
>>
>>81317309
No. It's hard to explain. It's like being 100% full fucking pot of coffee levels awake, and utterly dead to the fucking world asleep at the exact same time. You aren't awake, you aren't asleep. You're both, but you aren't either of them. You KNOW that this isn't real, but you're also trapped inside the impenetrable dream-logic. Simultaneously.

I know, when I write it down it doesn't make any fucking sense. That's my problem. It can't really be described.
>>
>>81317309
With sleep paralysis you're usually haunted with the feeling of some dark presence looming over you, so its really scary closing your eyes cause you feel like it might attack you or something.
>>
File: 1450711072769.gif (348 KB, 449x343) Image search: [Google]
1450711072769.gif
348 KB, 449x343
>>81313247
>The very last time I stopped the explosion, and as I walked off someone shot me.
KEK, your dream really wanted you dead
>>
>>81317062

I had a dream about a shadow-thing reaching out from under my pillow while I was sleeping. I knew it would retreat once I awoke. I snapped around and grabbed its arm and pulled it from its shadow dimension onto the floor. It was a black and hairless humanoid, feeble and unable to move under the burden of its own weight.
>>
>>81317071

Sounds like the opposite of night terrors, when you realize that something is trying to kill you and your fight-or-flight instinct kicks in.
>>
>>81312836

I was able to achieve it during a period in my life where I was having trouble sleeping (Only sleeping a couple of hours at a time) but I fucking hated bad dreams, so when ever I would wake up I got used to pinching myself because of the old saying.

Eventually I started getting normal amounts of sleep but one night in my dream I was in my house waking up like I usually did - I pinched myself and didn't feel it so I convinced myself I was dreaming.

I ran outside and had sex with a chick, and I never had a lucid dream since -- like the gods of lucid dreaming were just like "Really, you could do ANYTHING, and you just used it to have sex?"
>>
>>81317521
Fuck me, I know those too. Went through years of night-terrors. Yeah, at least those are firmly in the realm of dreams.
>>
I'm not really sure what it means but I remember for years I apparently was a restless sleeper. Whenever my dad woke me up in the morning, I would wake up startled. I don't remember having bad dreams most of the time, but I apparently didn't sleep very easily.
>>
>>81316855
>>81316900
>>81316972
>>81317062
>>81317071
>>81317211

I've never had night terrors or sleep paralysis but reading about it for years makes it sound like the absolute worst experience a human being can possibly endure. I'm just thankful I didn't have sleep paralysis as a child -- fucking everything was terrifying to me as a kid and there's no way I would've been able to endure an episode at that age. Even now I'll still get the occasional nightmare but it's more about natural phenomena that I have long-standing phobias about (oceans, tsunamis, tornadoes, etc). I was always way too imaginative for my own good so I can't even comprehend the horror my mind would create if I ever had a sleep paralysis episode.

It'd be interesting if someone made a game or something that simulated the feeling of sleep paralysis for people who have never experienced it before, but my guess is the biggest difference is the fact that it's actually happening... I doubt CG aliens or shadow people staring down at you through an Oculus Rift would really simulate the feeling in the same way it is for those who actually experience real episodes.
>>
File: 1459228604632.jpg (31 KB, 445x503) Image search: [Google]
1459228604632.jpg
31 KB, 445x503
>>81315621
>that image
Why do you even have that
>>
>>81316855
>mfw i get this all the time
>mfw I've taught myself to wake up from it, along with nightmares
Wiggle your toes
>>
>>81317637
I've learned in recent years that I was a sleepwalker as a child, and I scared the unholy fuck out of my family. From about 6 to 10, I would occasionally just wander out of my room and stand at the foot of my parents bed or sit down in the living room and just stare, wide-eyed. I had no idea. Apparently, nobody wanted to scare me, since I never had any memory of this.
>>
>>81313716
are you me?
I have the exact same thing, including how I have been writing them down and expanding them into full stories.
here's to hoping we never dream the same dream
>>
My dreams are never that realistic. I can't even imagine dreaming a book or a mirror.

My dreams are always jusf really abstract emotional states. It's like taking a shitload of acid whilr you're drunk. There's no coherent sense of time or space.
>>
>>81317570
>firmly

I'd like to say "loosly." There were times that I kept trying to wake myself up, only to freak out worse upon finding that I was actually awake.

"Wake up, goddamnit! WAKE UP, GODDAMNIT!"
>>
>>81316855
>tfw lucid dreaming is tied with sleep paralysis for me

I have to ride a fine line when I lucid dream. Sometimes instead of waking up I slip right into paralysis. And let's not even get started on false awakenings.
>>
>>81317709
I was a sleepwalker for a while myself. My brother would come home late at night and find me standing at the top of the stairs doing nothing. Apparently one time I was walking in circles.

The rub was I was also sharing a room with my brother and sleeping on the top bunk, so my doctor recommended I sleep on the bottom bunk so I didn't slip and hurt myself while climbing down in my sleep
>>
>>81317673
You wanna simulate it? Do this.
>stay up for 24+ hours, until you get sleep deprives and delusional
>get someone to tape your arms to your side, legs together, head down
>use tape that you can break through
>tape yourself in enough layers to juuuuuuust barely be able to break through, like one more layer would be too much to break out of
>lie in bed
>turn off all the lights
>>
>>81317673
It couldn't possibly be done. Paralysis is right in the name, and that's a big part of it. The real terror is that it's not like a nightmare where you can't move or something. I assume those are common. It's more that you cannot possibly move because you KNOW that any movement is going to entice the monster. It's a conscious fucking decision. At least it was when I experienced it. You cannot possibly replicate that. Especially because you know you can just stop the game and remove the headset. When you experience sleep paralysis, you become convinced that you will never wake up, and this is your reality for eternity.
>>
>>81317735
Oh. I honestly thought the waking hallucinations were unique to me. I experienced that too (screaming for hours that something was outside my window, and why couldn't my parents see it) but I just thought I was really fucked as a kid.
>>
>>81317726
Mine used to be super stressed. Always in fast forward, feeling like I'm being chased or something.

Either that or depressing. I remember there was a recurring one I had that took place at a water park our family liked to go to, but it was old and abandoned and destroyed. It also connected to a town that eventually led to a creepy house/castle on a hill.

Recently I've been more actively dreaming but they are generally pleasant or at least not unpleasant. Wonder if its the new meds I'm on
>>
>>81316168
Doesn't Mr. Berns have a lot of other business?
>>
If you guys want to understand Sleep Paralysis you should watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPsjWqvwT4

Its on Netflix i think, and its pretty scary.
>>
File: really feeling it.png (54 KB, 182x135) Image search: [Google]
really feeling it.png
54 KB, 182x135
>>81312836
>>81317536
I had a lucid dream once where I shared sloppy seconds with a dog on some woman in a carnival tent. It was fucking surreal, let me tell you.
>>
>>81317811
>It's more that you cannot possibly move because you KNOW that any movement is going to entice the monster.

That's not how it is for me. There's a deep feeling of dread, but it's paired with complete inability to move. Like Beatrix Kiddo drugged in the Trunk paralysis.
>>
>>81317886
Judging solely from the trailer, the subtle bit at the beginning with the silhouette entering the room and getting closer is the most accurate. The last bit with the screaming the Freddy Krueger knock-off screaming "you are going to die!" is too overt. Sleep paralysis is more subtle, in my experience. It's almost like you kind of realize on some level that this shit should not be as terrifying as it is, and that mental confusion makes it even worse.
>>
>>81311652
I distinctly remember, the night that I watched that episode, I had a dream in which I could totally read a sign on a bus until I got off the bus to go fuck some furries.
>>
>>81312422

I imagine it's different for different people. I can't drive in dreams. Cars glide around like they're weightless and on ice, and whenever I'm behind the wheel I bump around like a Roomba.

I've had these dreams since I was a really little kid, so it's probably something to do with how my toddler brain assumed cars worked.
>>
>>81317959
Then I can only speak for myself. I wasn't trying to move. I was utterly consumed by that child-like idea of "if they don't see me move then I'm not really here". I probably wouldn't have been able to move, but in my recollection I was entirely focused on remaining still. So much so that I was trying not to breath.
>>
>>81318028
in my driving dreams i always have problems with the breaks. it must be some subconscious fear.
>>
File: 1405814735345.jpg (29 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1405814735345.jpg
29 KB, 279x304
>>81313603
>tfw constantly see myself as perfect and beautiful
Feels good being narcissistic.
>>
>>81318111
If it is, then I want to know what it is. I always dream about driving, but being incapable of breaking. The light turns red and I'm a block out, but my breaks only barely work and I end up sliding into the middle of the intersection.
>>
>>81318005
yeah for me sleep paralysis has always been more subtle except one time i did experience auditory hallucinations. as if some shrill voice was speaking to me. I was on my side and i could hear it behind and it was pretty fucked up.

Im glad ive yet to have visual hallucinations as clear as that.
>>
File: 1445005074276.png (87 KB, 235x243) Image search: [Google]
1445005074276.png
87 KB, 235x243
>>81317929
One time I tried to dream about fucking Sarah Chalke so I marathoned all of Rick and Morty and a few seasons of Scrubs, ended up staying up for 2 days just to make it happen.
Right before I fell asleep I got a text from my cousin.
>mfw I had a dream of Sarah Chalke fucking my 300 lb. cousin.
>>
>>81317521

>Waiting for my friends to come over on a Friday night
>super tired so I fell asleep on the couch
>suddenly I hear loud as fuck screaming and I'm just looking at my surprised friend
>realize it's me screaming and my heart is beating like its about to explode

Turns out as soon as he walked in I shot up kicking and screaming. The first few seconds were absolute terror. I couldn't hear what he was saying, I couldn't even recognize him. I had backed up in a corner and was shaking uncontrollably. I don't don't I was dreaming of anything or at least I can't remember what it was.
>>
File: 1436180446251.jpg (61 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1436180446251.jpg
61 KB, 320x320
>>81318200
This reminds me of that "EAT SHIT, BOB ROSS" pasta.
Do you do that a lot? Sounds like something you should probably be concerned about if it isn't an isolated incidence.
>>
I have had a recurring lucid dream/nightmare ever since i was a kid that always involves being on a narrow ledge on a cliff face. the world is dark but like a moonless night, not pitch-black. looking up i just see the cliff going on forever, and I know I would see that if I ever looked down. the ledge is always slanted, enough that if you put a ball on the ground it would roll right off the cliff but not so steep as to make it impossible to walk. the rock slips under my feet, similar to how it feels to stand in knee deep water with a strong current, pulling me towards the edge. and I just walk. I know I'm asleep and I know nothing could possible happen to me from falling over that edge, but none of the logic can drown out the overwhelming terror that I will feel. sometimes I'm walking, sometimes I spend the whole time scrabbling at fingernail-thin grooves, and sometimes I am still looking for a place to fall asleep safely.
being aware and 'conscious' during these dreams is what makes them so terrible.

Lucid dreaming sucks and I want it to stop
>>
>>81317886
Thaaaaaaaat's a little bit much, for me at least.
I don't see shadows, don't hear voices, screaming, whatever, I just stare at the corner of my bedroom.
It's the anticipation of waiting for something scary to pop up to gets me, but nothing ever shows up.
>>
>>81318135
in my dreams I always look like a real sloppy cartoon when I see myself
>>
>>81318200

I've heard stories about people trying to jump over balconies to get away, justifying that at least it was possible for them to survive the drop.

I consider myself lucky that I've never made it outside the house and into the street, honestly.

These fucking things are supposed to end in childhood
>>
>>81316855
I think I had a few times where waking up from a sleep deprived nap I'd have something like a sleep paralysis nightmare.
I was taking an afternoon nap, as one does when you don't sleep at night, when I heard clattering and footsteps down the hall. Unable to sit up, I look over to my door expecting it to open, with each blink my focus zooms in on the handle until it's right in my face. I could hear a strange sci-fi ringing growing louder and louder, becoming unbearable. My vision is blinded by a bright inescapable white light. At this point I'm rolling over helplessly trying to get up, it feels like I'm being smothered and can't breathe. The noise is jet liner loud, and the door handle is violently rattling. Suddenly I'm awake, the door is open and it's the middle of the day.
It happened to me two or three more times that month. Stress is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>81318482

Yeeaah. It's like there *was* something there and you saw it or almost saw it. You know it's there and it knows that if it moves, you can see it.

So the both of you just sit there, waiting for the other one to make a mistake.
>>
>>81315544
I tend to cuck myself in dreams like some qt guy offers to bang and I turn them down because they are married or something in my dream
>>
>>81316855
I only ever had a very mild case of this. Couldn't move or yell, and I felt someone being close, but I realized that my room looked off, so I thought to myself this must be kinda like sleep paralysis. It sucked, I couldn't wake up, so I waited until I got back to sleep.

Was more of an annoyance than the full-blown horror-type people talk about.

>>81317772
>false awakenings
These, though. Holy shit, I can't count how many rounds I made to the toilet to take a piss, only to do it over and over again, and by the time I actually got there, I couldn't shake the feeling that maybe I'm just imagining it again.

Pissing dreams in general are annoying as hell. Thankfully I can always hold the sprinkle back in real life, but in my head, I'm just looking for a bathroom, and it's either gone, occupied, or there are no walls. And when I do manage to pee, I have to keep on doing it since my actual bladder is still full.
>>
>>81314510
Clearly Eldar were trying to influence you in your sleep. You fended off their influence and did well, Imperial Citizen.
>>
>>81317849

I'd seen a night terrors forum a while back. It
was actually a bit comforting to read their
stories.The one that stuck with me was a
woman who got out of bed and saw something
written on the wall -- "PASSED" written in red.

It got me thinking about how I'd react to that.
Who wrote that? Are they still here? What did
they do while I was sleeping?

What would have happened if I had failed?
>>
File: This..gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
This..gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>81318726
Well put.
If there are people seeing figures and hearing voices, I've never met one.
>>
>>81318935
Fuck. There are no good answers there. Everything is a fucking terror puzzle. If it said FAILED, then the question is what did you fail, why, and what does that mean? If it said PASSED, then the question is what did you pass, why, and what does that mean?

Same fucking horror either way.
>>
>house is on top a hill
>at the bottom of the hill is a big forest with no visible human life in it.
>Window right next to my bed has a prefect view peaking down the hill.
There are times where I can't sleep cause I'm terrified at the thought of going through some sleep paralysis dealing with that window.
>>
Fun fact for everyone in this thread: Telling other people about your dreams is the most boring thing you can possibly do.
>>
>>81320351
I dunno, I figure people here are enjoying it.
>>
>>81315140
On a similar note:

>Brussel sprouts are disgusting

Of course, it could be due to people cooking them wrong or just steaming them without any flavor or whatever, but brussel sprouts are fucking great
>>
>>81320351
Fun fact time? Here's a fun fact: your opinion is shit.
>>
>>81320351
I've been enjoying it
>>
>>81311652
For some weird reason. Most of my dreams are straightforward with some being bizzare, but for some weird reason, I sometimes dream in third-person.
>>
>>81312836
Yeah it's real. It's a lot of work though. I remember one of my Arab friends telling me about how he had to wake up early to eat before his fast and go back to bed. He always talked about how vivid his dreams were and shit during a few weeks around the same time.

I don't think he pieced the two pieces together but I definitely think there was some shit going on.
>>
>>81317071
It's like you're completely paralyzed, to the point you can't scream, and you're fairly certain shadow monsters are after you
>>
I cant read in dreams, and whenever I try to move quickly I feel like I cant control my body
>>
File: ford-nucleon-nuclear-car.jpg (99 KB, 825x545) Image search: [Google]
ford-nucleon-nuclear-car.jpg
99 KB, 825x545
>>81315108
>the 90's
noblemen swerve
>>
>tfw can only dream when taking sleep pills
>>
I have never read in a dream and am physically unable to lucid dream so I guess I'll never know if it's bullshit or not.
>>
>>81311652
Nah, it's true. It has to be lucid dreams though. Regular dreams that you can remember after waking up don't count.
>>
File: 1441226389630.jpg (43 KB, 574x430) Image search: [Google]
1441226389630.jpg
43 KB, 574x430
>>81316855
>>
>>81311652

You can read in dreams, but if you look at the same thing twice it often changes.
>>
>>81317071
My solution to bad dreams is to close my eyes real hard and then open them. That will wake me up.
>>
>>81313043
>never experienced a lucid dream ever
You are missing out. Keep in mind that lucid dreams are more frequent for children ages 7 and below
>>
>>81311652
Things vary in dreams, both for different people and different dreams.

Some people will find that light switches don't work in dreams, others that books don't work, and if you were born before color TV, you had a tendency to dream in black and white.

There are no fixed variables in dreams.
>>
>>81313043
Hey asshole, what's the difference between being conscious and thinking that you're conscious?
>>
>>81312701
What kind of dreams do you have that you are required to read Venture Bros quotes?
>>
>>81323019
This works for me too
>>
When I was in elementary school, I once had a nightmare where I was walking on the ceiling and there this pitbull that was chasing me around the ceiling fan. I was screaming but nothing was coming out, and the only sound I could hear was the barking of the pitbull.

In fact, that was the one thing that was common in my ngihtmares - I'd scream, but nothing would come out.
>>
>>81320351
Fun fact: here's your (You)
>>
>>81316855

When I had issues with that it was always the same thing, the sound of a cat hissing loudly and it feeling like someone was shaking the bed. Never saw anything, but sometimes the hissing would get really loud, like whatever was hissing right near my ear.
I've never had a cat.
>>
>>81317071
You can barely move
You can look around
You shouldn't have looked around
On the foot of your bed is a dark figure
Beside you is a dark, shapeless lady who sits by your side
You feel the pressure she exerts on the bed
She assures you that you will do everything she wants you to do after you wake up
Shouts you make are just long exhales through your mouth
You wake up with your body buzzing all over and fades gradually
>>
>>81312836
It just means you're aware you're dreaming and often you can change shit. I get them all the damn time. Usually I just realize the shit that's going on in a dream is bullshit, so I know it's just a dream. I almost always use it to make a body of warm water and go swimming. I really like to swim but don't get to very often.
>>
>>81314224
>That's acid
Nah, whenever I look in the mirror while tripping I just get mesmerized by my own hair and beard and stuff. Dream mirrors, on the other hand, always fuck me up.
>>
>>81312836
When I fall asleep at work I lucid dream alot. Also get that thing where I'm stuck in my body in what I assume is the real world and can't move. Scary shit
>>
File: 1376235507017.png (316 KB, 579x579) Image search: [Google]
1376235507017.png
316 KB, 579x579
>>81323159
For me, and many others from what I've heard, it's running.
Running in a dream feels like you're trying to run while under water or something.
Hell, one time I was running from something in a dream, woke up mid-stride and kicked my cat off the bed.
>his face when
>>
File: Eye of Beauclaire.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
Eye of Beauclaire.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
I tend to have vivid dreams, but what usually pings me to the fact that I'm dreaming isn't anything like reading or pinching, but more like how things make me feel.

Some of the worst nightmares of my life scared me for reasons I can't really make sense of upon waking. Most recent example (several months ago and one of my most vividly remembered dreams to date) was when I was on a tour of a "haunted house" attraction in some small-but-not-actually-old-enough-for-ghosts town.

The house was actually fairly modern, had kind of a 70s-80s modern vibe to it, with big studio windows and slanted ceilings and shit. Only thing that was actually creepy about the house was that one wall, separated from the crowd by a rope barrier, looked like it had been splashed with a bucket of black ink, and there was small, trapezoidal eye scratched into the very center of the mess. The pupil was rolled up, and there was a stand in front of the wall with a plaque that said "Beware the Eye of Beauclaire," and the tour guide told everyone not to look into the eye (why the fuck the main attraction of the house was something you were explicitly not to look at is a good question, and the answer is fuck you my brain doesn't give a fuck about logic when I dream).

So of course I stare right into the fucking creepy eye on the wall, and then I freeze up. Can't move, can't look away. The black splatter grows outward to engulf the rest of the wall, and the pupil starts to roll down, really fucking slow. I remember shutting my eyes, but of course my eyes are already closed so nothing happens, and I woke up when the eye finally locked onto direct eye-contact with me.

Scribbled this into my sketchbook when I woke up. Kind of fucked me up for a couple of days.

Welp, /blog I guess.
>>
File: 1439862514317.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1439862514317.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
>>81323332
>I LIKE TO DREAM UP GIRLS AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF THEM
>I LIKE TO BREAK INTO HOUSES
>i like to go for a nice swim when the water's not to chilly.
That made me smile, almost-quads.
>>
File: 1446745041166.gif (109 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1446745041166.gif
109 KB, 300x375
>>81323574
What the fuck...
>>
>>81323569
once in a dream I had I acciedntally killed a baby panda and as I was running away I was just jogging in place while the surroundings stuttered every second
>now all I have is work related dreams
>>
>>81311652

I learned that you shouldn't look into mirrors while dreaming was bullshit.

It's fine.
>>
>>81312529
>not feeling pain in dreams.

I feel pain in dreams. Such is the curse of nightime ovular activity
>>
>>81323664
The point I forgot to make in telling to story was that the way I felt about the situation, just before I looked, made me realize I was dreaming. The question of "why is the main attraction something I'm not supposed to look at?" was enough to clue me into it. But my particular instances of Lucid dreaming have never meant flying to the moon or fucking three Emma Stones in the oval office. It's like suddenly realizing you're on a roller coaster, but still being strapped into the ride.

And I pretty much re-forgot I was dreaming when I looked into the spooky eyeball. Now that the dust has settled I'm thinking I should write some kind of short story or something based on the dream. Once the "leap out of my bed like a fucking rabbit and bound across my room in terror" session was over, I kind of look back and think "That was actually pretty fucking neat."
>>
>>81311652
When I am dreaming and I read something I read it again and the words mean the same thing but they aren't the same words, thats how I know I'm dreaming.
>>
My dreams are so incoherent most of the time. I forget most of what happened in them when I wake up. It's all just jumbled up bullshit that has no context or reason. It makes it really hard for me to believe that other people have dreams that make sense and they aren't lying about them.

I dream a lot about hell and that worries me somewhat.
>>
>>81312836
I tried before. Just ended up with horrifying nightmares.
>>
>>81315544
>dream that I'm having an affair
> it's literally my bfs twin
> even when I cheat on my bf its with my bf
>>
>>81316125
Dooode. I hAve this thing where I cant have violence in my dreams. Like ill try to hurt someone with a blunt object but it turns into a floppy noodle on impact
>>
>>81316855

Had this shit so many times. Seen the dark figure with white hair and the top hat, shadow people, the weight on the chest, the breathless screaming. It's not fun finding out you can in fact feel pain in your dreams and you can die in your dreams.

The worst was laying on my couch, didn't sleep on my bed for years, I can't really remember why now, just being a weird/dumbass teenager I guess and I woke up and saw a shadowy figure hovering above me. It was parallel to me so it seemed to have been staring me in the face, even though its features were hard to make out. Just a vague sense of a masculine form with a long coat and shoes and arms at his side.

I felt a weight on my chest and tried to scream but my breath was barely coming out in gasps. I tried to tap my hands, since I knew I was dreaming and could feel the sensation on my left hand even though I couldn't move my arms. My toes started to curl like I had a really bad charlie horse or cramp and the pain didn't wake me up. The weight on my chest just got heavier and heavier.
>>
>>81318111
Me too. ~Dream interpretation~ says its from feeling a lack of control, which is a good a theory as any.
The worst was a dream where I backed over a toddler in a parking lot and then its mom was holding the body and sobbing at me.
>>
>>81311652
Yeah, this
Just right now in a dream I read a whole thread full of shitposts.
Probably could still write down some of the greentexts.
>>
>>81312529
I got sing by a beer in a dream once
It hurt like a bitch
>>
>>81316855
So I get something like sleep paralysis where a figure is coming towards me then I wake up with my heart pounding. Sometimes it's actually scary like a ghost head or the Krampus, but other times it's been like a putti or a floating kitten and I still wake up terrified. Does anyone know what this would be called? I don't ever really feel "paralyzed".
Also I shouldn't have read this thread before bed.
>>
>>81317773
Your brother made it all up in order to steal the top bunk

pretty ingenious
>>
File: 100 percent sad.jpg (86 KB, 442x740) Image search: [Google]
100 percent sad.jpg
86 KB, 442x740
>>81311652
>the good guys always win
>>
>>81315544
fucking Leo
>>
>>81315762
trust no one, not even yourself
>>
>>81312701
holy shit bro, ever since I started watching the Venture Bros I have a VB-related dream at least once a week
>>
>>81314084
the people I try to fuck in dreams always try to convince me I'm not dreaming, and that I'm actually sexually assaulting a real person
then while trying to re-convince myself it's just a dream, I wake up, and jerk off

then I wake up for real and do laundry

mornings that start with me waking up while actually still dreaming are the worst
>>
>>81314552
Isn't pure energy just when anti matter and matter collide?
>>
File: punisher.jpg (4 KB, 168x192) Image search: [Google]
punisher.jpg
4 KB, 168x192
>>81320618

You trying to say there's nothing wrong with those sprouts? You trying to push those things into my store?! ONTO MY PLATE!? Well I got news for you, punk. If I see so much as one sprout, steamed or otherwise, Im gonna come for you and all your pushers and there won't be enough left of you to put into a resealable feezer bag!
>>
>>81312818
>>81315149
>>81311652

It depends on what you define as dreaming. In REM sleep, no, you probably can't read at all - because your brain is resting and the parts of it that deal with reading aren't working (at least in the ordered, specific way necessary for reading). But for portions of your dreams different parts of your brain are going to be more awake than during other portions (as you as a whole move between waking and sleeping, which happens several times a night), so there's always a chance you'll have the ability to read. How reliable it is and when or even whether it happens is probably unique to you, both genetically and in terms of your environment at the time and your diet/activity prior to sleeping. You won't really remember most of it - your dreams are generally happening when the parts of you that deal with consciousness are off - but you can remember bits and pieces as with all dreaming. Dream-reporting, as with all self-reporting, is unreliable - extremely so.

In short, being unconscious shouldn't be mistaken for sleep or dreaming and dreaming shouldn't be mistaken for being unconscious or asleep - these are not interchangeable terms. The more you remember that fact, the less likely you are to fall asleep at the wheel and kill yourself one day, so it's more useful than debating whether you can read in your sleep or not.
>>
>>81316855
Its even more horrifying if you have a legged bed someone could crawl under
>>
>>81313247
>you can't feel pain in a dream
I've felt pain in a dream before. Had a dream I was being attacked by ghosts and they boxed the shit out of my ears. Woke up with both ears stinging.
>>
File: 1423560237469.jpg (35 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
1423560237469.jpg
35 KB, 407x405
>>81316855
>having this but with roaches
>6 inch long roaches
>roaches everywhere all over the walls and ceiling
>>
>>81325592
Same here,

One time i got my side crushed by some giant demonic baby Sasquatch thing, Woke up with muscle spasms.
>>
Some of you guys are making me glad I rarely remember my dreams.

The driving ones I can sympathize with though, from even before I actually could drive I occasionally get dreams of accidentally driving off an overpass or a bridge or whatever, usually wakes me right up. No idea why.
>>
File: 1446430940427.jpg (38 KB, 602x423) Image search: [Google]
1446430940427.jpg
38 KB, 602x423
>That feel when you've had the same dream multiple times, and each time you have it, you realize you've experienced it before and are able to change the outcome
>>
>>81312926
>I believe that it wouldn't hurt in a dream
I've had my limbs cut off, been shot with a nail gun, and landed face first after falling out of a helicopter in my dreams. It's like a phantom pain when I wake up, but it disappears after like 20 seconds.
>>
>>81316855
I had that happen once. Was sleeping on my stomach, hot as balls summer so nude with cover tossed off, and I 'woke up' and had the absolute sure impression that someone was at the foot of the bed watching me, but I couldn't move or do anything. And then I felt this weight, like someone laying down full length on top of me, just for like...a minute, then the absolute sure impression that they rolled off me and got up off the side of the bed my face wasn't towards. At that point I actually woke up, and I realized right away what it was from having read some descriptions of it, but I still went through the house and turned on all the lights and checked all the closets. Shit was just too real seeming.
>>
>>81316855
Only had it happen to me once, it disturbed me but wasn't too bad. I saw a dark silhouette at the foot of my bed, and it started groping at my ass before I fell back asleep.
>>
>>81312529
You can feel pain in dreams.

And you can read some stuff too.
>>
>All these people being afraid of sleep paralyzis.

I went to bed and paralyzed myself 2 weeks straight.
>Itching that suddenly stops.
>face and fingers gets cold
>hand approaching you from the ceiling
>bald man approaching from the ceiling
>roaches approaching from the windows
>Shadow people skulking about
>You can't move.
>After hours of "Wanting to move" my limbs appear super heavy and you can't snap out of it.

It's not that terrifying and it was usually the best way to attempt a luicid dream.
I succeeded once in two weeks, good results.

Then again, maybe it's more terrifying when you arent expecting it.
>>
>>81312926
You lucky motherfucker. I expected to be able to control my dreams after discovering they were lucid. I couldn't. Nearly every dream I've had has only gotten worse by me realizing, like the one with the Orca eel
>>
>>81325886
>that feel when you have serial dreams, each acting as another episode in the grand saga
>>
>>81311652
This is probably my #1 example right here, fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>81327251
>sometimes don't remember the dream saga until you're dreaming it again
Shit's cash
>>
>>81312529
>I'm pretty sure you can't feel pain in a dream
About a week after watching Eraserhead I had a vivid dream about differing a stillbirth
I gave birth, but the baby was dead
It was agonizing
I'm a guy, and in the dream I was still a guy
I flinched whenever someone touched me for a week afterwards
>>
>>81316855
I get sleep paralysis at least once a month, have never really hallucinated while experiencing it though(partially cause my eyes never open when it happens, and even if they did I sleep with a bandanna on my face cause my eyes are really sensitive to light when I'm sleeping, so I still see nothing), the whole not being able to move part is hellish enough, especially since I often feel like I can't breathe right when it's happening, not to mention when it does happen my perception of time goes all screwy, it often feels like hours pass even though I know only a minute or two has actually passed

also oddly enough the most potent nightmares I've ever had are ones that are almost impossible to describe as they tend to be incredibly abstract in nature, only thing worse than those are dreams I've had several times where I can't remember anything that happens in them, but upon waking I end up incredibly depressed for hours on end
>>
>>81317709
One of the few times I've slepwalked was to get off the couch and go up to my bed. Shit was weird, I even was able to get under the covers. Maybe I was synced up to a dream
>>
>>81313702
>conclude in a happy way (ie not getting eaten
Just develop a vore fetish, then you'll be happy either way.
>>
File: 1399144731951.jpg (69 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1399144731951.jpg
69 KB, 668x712
>>81315544
>be dreaming about having sex
>I turned into a girl and got banged by a dude
>The dude who banged my female me was my actual me
Is this what 15 years of masturbation does to you?
>>
>>81317277
You wish. It was an entirely new rock band with a track list of songs I never known before.
>>
>>81323066
Not that guy, but that's an easy question to answer:
Thinking you're conscious is knowing yourself as a character in the dream. Remembering the dream and the things you did in it doesn't mean you were in control of the dream, though it's easy to think you were. In a dream, you're on cruise control.
>>
I can read in dreams, but what I read usually keeps changing. If I read something multiple times and its not the same it is usually enough to wake me up.
>>
>>81311652
It's not hose shit. The words are all gobbly gook but your brain just uses dream logic to fill in whatever the hell it wants.
>>
I used to have dreams of writing computer code. It would cause me to repeatedly wake up and fall back to sleep, fucking awful.

Sometimes I'll dream of playing sudoku or freecell which is also frustrating because the layout of the boards keep randomly changing.
>>
>Have superpowers in a dream
>They work for a little bit
>Then become concious in the dream
>suddenly powers dont work anymore
"Lucid dreaming" is bullshit. When I realise that Im dreaming in a dream, my brain doesnt let me do shit.
>>
>>81311652
You can read in dreams, but if you try to read the same thing a second time it'll either be jumbled or different. Once you stop observing something in a dream it stops existing; take a second look at it and your brain will try (and usually fail) to fill in the blanks
>>
Thing is in dreams I never NEED to read. If I see a sign or a computer screen or a written worksheet problem, I will just know what it says or what relevance it is and the process of reading will be entirely skipped. Every once in a while when I flitter between lucidity and captivity, I will think to focus on what it is I'm "reading" and I can focus on it and the words start appearing clear enough, but the words have absolutely no meaning, just streams of random words.

Final group the box having great last jump fretting lowly magic harrow glue.
>>
>>81329333
>He doesn't want to bang himself
Fucking homo
>>
>>81332560
I'm not sure that distinction is meaningful. Are they intrinsically distinct? Can you prove that you're conscious right now and not in a dream?
>>
>>81312422
you can read yet, if you read a page, look away, then read it again, it will change. Might be subtle changes though, and the meaning will be generally the same.
>>
>>81324063
not trying to sound too /x/ here, but literally if you're to the point where you consistently have "horrible nightmares" you're almost to the good stuff. Just keep trying to lucid dream, you'll get used to the scary stuff and weird sensations in no time
>>
>>81324063
Stop looking in the mirror.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.