[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you rank the daredevil runs? I read the Miller run, where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (434 KB, 900x1375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434 KB, 900x1375
How do you rank the daredevil runs? I read the Miller run, where should I turn next
>>
>>81306220
Bendis > Bru > Waid
>>
>>81306220
The Nocenti run next
>>
>>81306241
This, but i'd also recommend Kevin Smith's stint with Guardian Devil, helps to establish the status quo for Bendis' run
>>
Read Nocenti's run then Bendis, Brubaker, and Waid.
>>
Is Daredevil one of the few Lee creations (along with She-Hulk maybe?) whose initial run is considered sub-par to most other offerings?
>>
>>81306220
I'm surprised so many folks are fans of waids run. Well i should say 'i'm surprised so many Daredevil fans are fans of waids run'.

They weren't shit comics but man they just never felt like daredevil to me. They lacked the hard edged noir and grit that when i think of daredevil I think of. The stuff that Miller used to remake the character into what we all know him as today.
>>
>>81306241
Is Bendis Devil really that good? I've read plenty of Bendis to not like his work. Even stuff like Alias leaves me wanting.
>>
>>81306660
It's my fav Daredevil run of all time. I wouldn't say it is better than frank millers at all. But its my fav. Though I like some bendis stuff (powers, early ult spider-man, dark avengers) so honestly there are those that if they see anything that makes them think bendis wrote it will be incapable of enjoying it regardless because its 'bendis'. They are consistently good stories with great daredevil characterization and deal with really cool shit in murdocks life. But again if you are someone who has never liked a single thing bendis has written it is probably gonna be something you aren't able to enjoy.
>>
File: DD.png-original.png (17 KB, 955x205) Image search: [Google]
DD.png-original.png
17 KB, 955x205
>>
Am I the only person on this planet that really, really hates the Bendis run? Issues on end of Matt doing boring as fuck shit, absolutely monotonous gangster dialogue (Bendis DOES NOT have the talent to make any of it entertaining a la Ennis), boringly written action sequences, AWFUL romance, and I don't particularly like Maleev's art.

Miller's run is and will forever be the best, followed by Nocenti.
>>
>>81306768
I didnt mind his early Ultimate Spider-Man either. I'm not so obdurate that I won't read something because of someone's name on it that I don't like. But tell me in a little more detail about what you like so much about it. I honestly am open to suggestions. But I like buying Omnibus collections, and so I just wanna make sure it's worth the money.
>>
>>81306254
>>81306827
>>81306805

Okay, tell me more about the Nocenti run.
>>
>>81306901
Also, tell me about the Brubaker run. That seems to be the one least mentioned.
>>
>>81306660

Bendis DD is really well crafted. I think the run is great because it's barely about DD but the world arround him.

It's not as good as Frank Miller's run but it's good for different reasons. Besides it sets up Brubaker Run so.
>>
>>81306660
imo it's the only time bendis didn't make me want to drink bleach and i don't want to think about why it worked when everything else he touches sucks because then the spell might be broken
it's good tho my bro
>>
What do you guys think of Guardian Devil? Not really a Kevin Smith fan but just started it and it seems interesting.
>>
>>81309199
I read the first page. It sounded contrived. Kevin Smith trying too hard. The only good book he ever wrote was Quiver.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.