[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>BvS was a mess of bad decisions >Snyder still apart of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1392431859837.gif (290 KB, 396x290) Image search: [Google]
1392431859837.gif
290 KB, 396x290
>BvS was a mess of bad decisions
>Snyder still apart of Justice League and is still the head of this Universe
>Suicide Squad getting reshoots to be more "fun"
>blew their load on Death of Superman already and from hints we're getting Injustice soon
>Fucking shot Jimmy Olsen in the head for no reason
>Jessie Eisnberg is our cannon Lex who's basically mixed with the joker

Fuck. Can someone just convert me to a marvelfag already? I'm tired of being hurt.
>>
If you aren't a marvelfag you won't become one anytime soon. You made the choice to praise and consume a brand instead of a well writter chracater or compelling story. If Spiderman, F4, or X-men didn't marvel you in any way, you better start liking BvS right now.
>>
>>81305783
You can post this shit as much as you want, it won't make it true.

nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/
>>
>>81306339
I wouldn't say I praise/consume the DC brand entirely but I'd expect most people into cape comics who dont read literally everything under the sun to have a preference to a certain universe/more characters from one brand.

It's not like I'm shying away from calling BvS a fucking mess, but it just hurts more that it's a mess because it's involves characters I like.

I'm not a full DCuck either. Still enjoy Spiderman and the occasional Xmen/force story.
>>
Just accept that DC is better at comics and Marvel is better at popcorn flicks.

DC was ahead of Marvel in the animated film department too, but now they're mostly shit.
>>
Live action doesn't matter. Just watch the Lego movies, Batman looks fun.
>>
>>81306372
Batman v Superman is not smart. It is ATTEMPTING to be smart, but the direction and the writing are too poor to actually make a point about anything.

Shit doesn't count if you don't stick the landing.
>>
>>81305783
The important thing to remember is that Jonathon Kent committed suicide by tornado because he couldn't stand to be haunted by the screams of drowning horses anymore.
>>
>>81306777
Yeah i love people who honestly think it has depth because they themselves are too dumb to realize slapping a theme or two onto the surface of your film doesn't actually mean anything unless you also explore that fucking theme.

Snyder is like the asshole who puts quotes from famous people saying shit they think sounds deep on their facebook without any quotation marks or citing the original person who said it so it almost seems like they thought of it. and those who honestly think BvS is smart are like the people who comment saying how insightful the quote was.

Snyder aint insightful folks. He just knows how to copy and paste off a fucking beatle lyrics page.
>>
>>81306528
Fair enough. I'll tell you what I like about the MCU. I never cared for Iron man, not even wanted to look at him in any way to try to like it. There was no reason for me to read any iron man comic book, yet I was a fan of RDJ. So i gave it a shot at Iron man. Good movie, great characters, mediocre story and great cinematography. Fun/10. Enough for me to care about the next one.
You can start there. If you have no interest in the MCU, you can start looking for an actress or actor you previously like. In comic books its easier to search for a script writer or a previously known artist and read a character that you normally wouldn't, like punisher or captain marvel.

If you wanted to talk about how bad BvS was, yes, is fucking terrible and all over the place. That "you have to read comics to understand" comment is bullshit. Pretentious people that had the "oh, i get that reference" moment and try to sound smart because they can't pinpoint the rush pacing, Snyder "genius" intentions, lack of character motivation, etc. Those are facts, whether that's not a problem for you or others, that's fine too. Everyone has their own opinion of how a movie should be made to be good and how should be made to be bad
>>
>>81305783
>Fucking shot Jimmy Olsen in the head for no reason
He said it was fun. Kinda reminds me of the asshole who made the devil may cry remake. Good thing that shit underperformed.
>>
I am Marvelfag. After this shit movie I just started to watch the Justice League shows.
I sincerely despise any cuckold that defends the tone of these garbage Snyder movies.
>>
>>81306884
>He just knows how to copy and paste off a fucking beatle lyrics page

So, just out of morbid curiosity, should I do the same with the lyrics of "I Am The Walrus" and see if total dummies think I'm a genius?
>>
>>81305783
Just read the comics.
>>
>>81307160
better yet, post a lone youtube link to Revolution #9 and feel substantially smarter.
>>
>>81305783

The reshoots thing is a rumor. Death of superman isn't exactly a great story and Eisenlex is the opposite of the joker in many ways (a better comparison would be the riddler)
>>
File: stopit.jpg (108 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
stopit.jpg
108 KB, 456x386
>Wonder Woman getting reshoots to be more of a "solo" film with less connections to BvS
>SS getting reshot to be more "fun"
>Aquaman promising to be more "fun"
>Justice League recently announced to be "lighter and more fun"
>Two Lego Batman movie trailers in the same week as if WB wants to remind us "Don't worry, we know Batman is still wacky!"

I actually am looking forward to The Lego Batman movie but I feel like it's all a bunch of damage control
>>
>>81306372
Failing on basic levels of storytelling, like setting up motivations or having things make sense from one scene to the next is not "too smart". It's just bad storytelling.

Go watch Sucker Punch again, it's the same flashes of genius in a sea of shit.

Putting someone who clearly doesn't understand the concepts behind the characters in charge of making a movie universe out of them is simply stupid.
>>
>>81306613
>DC was ahead of Marvel in the animated film department too, but now they're mostly shit.

Yeah what's with that?

Hopefully the creative team behind the first few waves of DC animated films are doing the Killing Joke.
>>
>>81309637
Wasn't this because Timm was behind most of the animated stuff, someone who understands and gives a fuck about the DC characters, unlike Snyder?
>>
>>81309637
They decided to make everything about Batman and Damien only and this was a mistake
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.