[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"In my mind, it was that Robin had died about 10 ye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: Ben-Affleck-000220464.jpg (70 KB, 575x370) Image search: [Google]
Ben-Affleck-000220464.jpg
70 KB, 575x370
>"In my mind, it was that Robin had died about 10 years earlier in some run-in with a young Joker," Snyder told IGN. "So that was an interesting thing to me. Sorta a fun backstory to play with."

http://www.newsarama.com/28637-zack-snyder-on-when-robin-died-hints-at-what-darkseid-is-hunting-for-in-justice-league.html
>>
>>81304677
>Booty shorts

Fucking.

If they had the balls to do this, why no briefs?
>>
Batman's lost like ten Robins. Why does he suddenly snap over one in BvS?
>>
>>81306481
>. Why does he suddenly snap over one in BvS?

He doesnt, he snaps after Superman appears.

Watch the movie.
>>
>So there was a character that might appeal to kids or lighten up the movie. I thought it'd be really interesting if I killed him.
I can't wait for the interview where he reveals Bizarro or Mxyptylk were in the movie but he had them shot.
>>
>>81304677
So this quote indirectly puts the le Joker iz Robin meme to rest. Can you idiots shut the fuck up now?
>>
>>81306562

Shit, he already admitted to doing the same thing to Jimmy Olsen.
>>
>>81306553
no he revokes his no-kill rule in BvS when Robin dies
>>
>>81306815
In the prequel comics it's said that it was after superman, and in the movie Alfred talks about how fucking up he has become
>>
>>81306669
Now the question is "Why didn't he kill the Joker in those 10 years yet was willing to kill in BvS?"
>>
>>81308454
Because killing the joker would ultimately accomplished nothing.
>>
Why did Snyder make a universe where it's a legitimate question, Why hasn't Batman killed the Joker?

And they made mother boxes the most boring looking things!!!
>>
>>81308718
I heard those were actually father boxes.
>>
>>81304677
So much like everything else in the film the Robin costume is meaningless?
>>
>>81308454

Cos maybe the Joker didn't get out of prison/Arkham in that time? Also, apparently he only really started getting bad after Supes showed up.
>>
>>81308972

Dude, he says it right after that bit about 'twenty years in Gotham, how many good guys are left', it's shows both the longevity of this Batman, as well as hinting to that he's a bit deranged.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>81306735

>jimmy dies in the first ten minutes

I still think they're going somewhere with this. It's impossible for them to "kill" jimmy off like that. I don't know why but I'd bet my ass that jimmy is still alive somehow
>>
>>81309055
The amount of times I saw it in trailers in the run up to the film, and the prominence of Bruce sadly staring at it, I guessed it was going to a plot point in Suicide squad. There's also that rumour flying around that about a Batfleck movie with Robin and Nightwing. The fact that Snyder only put it there because he's aware of Death in the Family, and as a ham fisted way to show Bruce has gone off the deep end is a bit irritating.
>>
>>81309097
I could totally see Snyder killing Jimmy Olsen without a thought. And he's not a huge draw so I can also imagine no one stopping him. I still don't know why they made him a CIA agent.
>>
>>81309097
you're an optimistic retard.
>>
>>81309277

>I could totally see Snyder killing Jimmy Olsen without a thought

snyder is too much of a self-labelled comic fan. also, remember the first rule of death scenes
>you didn't see the motherfucker get capped, it didn't happen

>I still don't know why they made him a CIA agent

I think that's the reason why it's a secret. it will probably play out in another movie
>>
>>81309569
>I think that's the reason why it's a secret. it will probably play out in another movie
dude do you seriously believe that?
like are you sitting there thinking Zack is playing the long game with wheels within wheels on these characters? That he didn't just go 'well i dont give a fuck about Jimmy Olsen, may as well have this CIA guy be him cos hes pretending to be a photographer. Ha people will be like oh shit look thats jimmy olsen, this guy references shit.'
>>
>>81308645
>>81309026
Isn't there a 1% chance Joker would escape from Arkham and start killing people again? Shouldn't Bruce have to take it as an absolute certainty and destroy the Joker?
>>
>>81309759

>like are you sitting there thinking Zack is playing the long game with wheels within wheels on these characters?

cmon, half of the movie was all about playing the long-term game with characters. he literally put a barry scene in it without people knowing jack shit what the fuck was going on
>>
>>81309823
Advertising the next movie isn't playing the long-term. It's increasing hype for future product releases.

Actually playing the long game requires a small amount of subtlety. Laying in this or that in a way people don't even necessarily notice so that later on there is payoff you didn't see coming. It is not going 'HEY LOOK AT THIS SHIT SEE JUSTICE LEAGUE COMING 2017'
>>
>>81309916

well do you see people paying attention to jimmy? nobody is talking about him because everyone thinks he's dead so in my eyes, that's pretty subtle
>>
>>81304677
so who wrote on robin's suit? young joker or young lex luthor?
i hope they reboot JL or at least fire Snyder. He hates superheroes.
>>
>>81309951
wow you really don't know what subtlety is do you?
There is nothing subtle about introducing a character without telling the audience who he is then shooting him in the head within the first minute of him being introduced. That has all the subtlety of taking a grocery bag with unknown contents and throwing it in the garbage without looking inside the thing.
>>
>>81310107
Are you asking who spray painted 'haha jokes on you batman' in green letters on dead robins suit?

is that what you're asking?
>>
>>81309951
We know for a fact that the proper introduction to Jimmy was just cut because of the runtime, it's confirmed we'll get it in the extended cut. That's not being subtle, that's cramming too much pointless shit into an already pretty long movie
>>
>>81304677
>Snyder Kills the DC Universe Issue 2
>>
File: laughing Godzilla.jpg (193 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
laughing Godzilla.jpg
193 KB, 900x900
>>81309773
>>
>>81304677
>run in with young Joker

Yeah in the mirror because Robin is new Joker
>>
>>81310176
>green letters
>green
Fuck me, they're bringing in the Riddler.
>>
>>81304677
Why the fuck would he put an underage child soldier in red hotpants to fight psychos and muggers?
>>
>>81304677
>zack-snyder-on-when-robin-died-hints-at-what-darkseid-is-hunting-for-in-justice-league

I just don't care, whatever. Do whatever the fuck you want with JL.
>>
>>81309097
>>81309277
>>81309569
>>81309759
>>81309823
>>81309916
>>81309951
Zack admitted he killed Jimmy so he could show "shit gets real"
>>
>>81310719
Maybe jessie eisenberg can play him. That guy would be perfect as a supersmart egomaniac with a twitchy quirky attitude prone to fits of outrageous behavior.
>>
>>81310869
And because they had no plans to use him anyway. Which i guess tells a lot about the future Superman stuff
>>
>>81304677
Maybe it's my fault for not reading this article but this quote comes off like Snyder is saying 'I totally had this original idea where Batman's sidekick Robin dies and that death effected him. So I thought it would be cool if he kept the suit in his Batcave as a reminder.'

Please tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>81310687
Also Batman is actually Deathstroke. And Wonder Woman is actually Big Barda. And Superman is really Mister Mxyzptlk. Lios Lain is actually Pamela Isley
>>
>>81311362
Nope that's basically it.
He's a complete faggot hack who has no clue what he's doing.
After the shitpile that is BvS, I'm completely giving up DC movies as long as that idiot is in charge.
At least DC games are still good.
>>
>>81311362
That's pretty much what happens in the Death in the Family retard. And obviously Synder, Affleck are going to adapt parts of it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.