[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't loved a show show this much since Avatar. I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 81
File: OTGW.jpg (55 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
OTGW.jpg
55 KB, 960x540
Haven't loved a show show this much since Avatar.

I know I'm late to the party, but holy shit Over the Garden Wall was fantastic. I marathoned all ten episodes, and since they're all only 11 minutes it was basically the length of a movie.

that ep 9 twist actually caught me by surprise
>>
>>81296308
shameless bump, has anyone read the comics?
>>
File: Big City.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Big City.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
you're too late

discussion is closed
>>
>>81296308
I think it might be my favorite cartoon of the last 10 years or so, I like it better than Avatar since unlike Avatar the ending in it doesn't suck.
>>
File: that feel galaxy.jpg (379 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
that feel galaxy.jpg
379 KB, 800x600
>>81296923
>i was too late to discuss OTGW

such is life
>>
>>81296308
Easily my favourite animated serial, admittedly I cant even remember what the twist you mention was
>>
I thought that some parts were endearing, but I definitely cannot call it better than Avatar. Especially not Korra.
It was a fun show for its length and I know a lot of people who really enjoyed it.... maybe just not for me?
>>
>>81296308
I thought it was great fun. Perfect for a mini-series.
>>
File: 13989942225265.jpg (21 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
13989942225265.jpg
21 KB, 288x499
>>81297041
>especially not Korra
>>
>>81296999
maybe you should have listened to us when we had 20 threads constantly clogging up the catalog with 200 posts each
>>
File: tumblr_o2xe42VQUQ1qg2udno1_1280.jpg (465 KB, 1100x671) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2xe42VQUQ1qg2udno1_1280.jpg
465 KB, 1100x671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhOBCw3ipE

Favorite song?
>>
>>81297007
that the brothers actually live in the modern world and their clothes were just halloween costumes
>>
>>81297195
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlf0k4zY5g

>dat potatoes and molasses latin reprise
>>
>>81297007
>I cant even remember what the twist you mention was
The super surprising twist that Sara was a black tomboy.
>>
>>81297041
I think comparing it to Avatar is kind of apples and oranges. Very different art and styles of storytelling that accomplished different things.
>>
>>81297195
It's a bit harder to find, but I love the children's chorus that plays for Come Wayward Souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K3wlPAjdv0
>>
>>81296308

It was just so goddamn charming from start to finish.

Can't wait til my nephew is a bit older to watch it with him and see an actual kid experience it for the first time.
>>
>>81297393
Got the dvd. Got the young niece and nephew.

Now I wait.
>>
>>81296308
Discussion for this was legit fun. The irl cemetery screenshots, the guesses, the lore, that fucking bird scissors from ebay that's addressed from pottsville, dissecting the show to find the little hints like the black widow symbol and the three women on the wall--shit was so good.
>>
>>81297393
I rewatched it with my siblings and it was great fun. They got legit spooked and hooked at the mystery. They couldn't stop singing Potatoes and Molasses for weeks, and we even tried molasses on potatoes (it tasted terrible by the way).
>>
File: that feel crying.jpg (7 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
that feel crying.jpg
7 KB, 207x244
>>81297084
>i ignored them
>>
File: come wayward souls.jpg (32 KB, 538x717) Image search: [Google]
come wayward souls.jpg
32 KB, 538x717
I wonder how the ending would have been received if they went the tragic route and made Wirt the new lantern bearer.

Probably too heavy for cartoonnetwork.
>>
File: Forward, Oneiroi.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Forward, Oneiroi.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>81297195
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAoDupdMOFk

Bonus: The demo version of a song that Pat McHale wrote. It was included in one of the comics as sheet music
http://oldsidelinghill.tumblr.com/post/133938004371/heres-a-demo-version-of-the-song-that-was-in
>>
File: Beginning.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
Beginning.webm
3 MB, 600x336
I knew the ending before I watched it, but it was still pretty enjoyable, sort of like a short film. I should watch it again.

Should be good to take WebM requests from the series if anyone wants anything
>>
>>81298393
>those catacombs
Lorna had quite the kill count didn't she?
>>
>>81296308
Indeed, OTGW was a wonderful mini-series.
>>
>>81298015
There's not enough art of Wirt being the lantern bearer without him as some dumb fusion with The Beast.
>>
>>81297970
You sowed your own fate, villain.
>>
>>81298605
...I somehow never realized that he wouldn't look like the beast as a lantern-bearer. Welp, now I'll never forget
>>
File: 1416872614539.png (727 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1416872614539.png
727 KB, 1024x1024
>>81296999
Come back in the fall when the threads start popping up again. See you then, latecomer!
>>
>>81298015
>something something beautiful lies
who says it didn't end badly
>>
>>81299665
>I shipped Wirt and Beatrice

so bittersweet
>>
>>81298953
Expected since that's majority of the "Bad End" art
>>
>>81296308
What would you like to discuss? It is a great mini-series. Far better than some movies I've seen.

Fun fact for you OP: Sam Ramey is the voice of the Beast. The creator Patrick McHale of the show had apparently been a fan of his since he was a young child, and when he was creating the series, he envisioned the Beast to sound like Mr. Ramey. When the show got greenlit, he was asked for casting for the Beast and he said "Someone who sounds as close as possible to Mr. Sam Ramey, the opera singer."

The powers that be heard this and responded, "Why not ask Mr. Ramey himself?"

Of course, then they actually got Sam Ramey. I find that really awesome, that McHale got to cast the PERFECT voice for the character he's been planning for years in his fantasy creation, since possibly his youth.

On other topics, what should we discuss? Favorite symbolisms? Favorite comedy moments? Fav episodes / twists? Mine is the whole Ringing of the Bell episode.

Theories? Easter Eggs?
>>
>>81300813
so its pretty much confirmed that the unknown is the afterlife, right?
>>
>>81300813
I was sorta hoping that this show would spark a bit of a resurgence of interest in 19th century Americana
>>
>>81297527
I sadly missed all that. I only took the time to watch the show just when the threads were dying off.

And then the 4chan archive whatever died/was deleted, so all the previous gold threads were lost.

>like the black widow symbol and the three women on the wall

Can you explain these? I'd love to hear.
>>
>>81298015
I'm a sucker for good endings. I can appreciate an ending wherein the protagonist sacrifices himself. It's the other favorite of mine.

But I'm really glad that Wirt didn't get stuck in the Unknown.
>>
>>81296308
I never got to participate in the threads, but I love this series. The atmosphere, the tone, the ardent love of history...it's really great. Especially since I'm a huge, huge fan of Americana.

I even got my mom to see it with me. She's a music teacher, and on one long drive I put on the soundtrack. Turns out that there are a ton of references to American music styles in there, which she kept pointing out as we went. It legitimately helped me appreciate the series all the more.

So when we got home and watched it with my younger sister she stuck around. It was nice.

>>81298058
>that part in the show when the opera starts to fade out but sticks around long enough to be there when the piano music starts
I get the chills every time.
>>
File: Cat_Woman.jpg (214 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Cat_Woman.jpg
214 KB, 512x512
>tumblr artstyle
>>
>>81300813
>>81300937
Not at all. There's a lot of room for interpretation.

Personally I prefer to think of it in a very classic sense of faerie tales, where the protagonists slip away into the magical realms. If you've ever played WhiteWolf Publishing's game "Changeling: The Dreaming" this world fits it pretty well. (As does the movie Coraline, by the way.)

It's pretty easy to imagine that Wirt and Greg are in a dark faerie landscape. The show deals with common themes of struggling with growing up, responsibility, running away from your fears and facing them, courage, bravery, (youthful) silliness, and more. Another thing that is subtly in the background is the concept of banality vs glamour. (Which is a very important core concept from Changeling the Dreaming, drawn from a wide group of faerie tale stories.) Simply put: It is creativity (glamor) versus dullness/fear/emptiness (banality). Wirt struggles with keeping his natural creativity and enthusiasm for the things he likes, while facing rejection and self-confidence issues with himself.

I personally never got the impression it was the afterlife though, but I'd be happy to hear theories why you or others think that.

I love that fact that it happened on Halloween night in a cemetery, which in my opinion adds to the (Halloween) faerie tale flare.

I secretly shipped Wirt and Beatrix, along with Lorna. Man she's a topic all in herself. I do like Sarah though.
>>
>>81300937
Not sure, but I love the references to the Divine Comedy.
>>
>>81301874
I think it's hard to make the argument that the unknown ISN'T the afterlife, or at the very least a sort of purgatory.
>>
>>81302014
I understand why most people think that at first, but I think that >>81301874 is correct in thinking that OtGW fits more comfortably in the Faerie tradition. Faerie has some similarities to the afterlife, but is not equivalent (this is a major theme in the medieval romance Sir Orfeo). Modern audiences, I think, are less familiar with the medieval Faerie tradition than they are even with classical myth, and that's why they don't pick up on it.
>>
File: a home on the mississippi.jpg (202 KB, 900x564) Image search: [Google]
a home on the mississippi.jpg
202 KB, 900x564
>>81298015
That would have been lame. OtGW is a triumph in simple storytelling. Wirt's character arc actually had climatic closure with the way he stood up to the Beast. I wouldn't have minded a more bittersweet ending though, everyone just got what they wanted a bit too easily, especially the Woodsman.

We need way more cartoons with a rural aesthetic.
>>
>>81302139
The biggest argument for it being a death tale / journey into the afterlife for me is how they spend the time on the real life side of things under the surface of a icy stream

of course now that I say that, I do see the logic in saying the stream is a door to the fae world.

still, with the character of the beast permeating the landscape in the way he does, and the moments of lost hope in ep9(?) turning quickly to a cold death, and having to navigate your way out it sure seems like a more classical tale of dealing with death

though I don't have a good explanation for bringing the frog out, you've certainly got me there.
>>
>>81302477
Not contradicting you, but the idea of differences in the passage of time is a big aspect of Faerie.

Also, now that I think about it, the frog really supports the idea that the Unknown is Faerie because of idea of the natural objects existing simultaneously in both realms
>>
>>81302218
You're really going to have to define "rural" aesthetic. OtGW is a sprawling look at Americana, focusing heavily on the Ohio River Valley area with bits of New England.

Something like your pic would just cover a small portion of the western South, and cover three distinct cultural areas.
>>
>>81302589
As another note (and with how important the music feels to the series) I'd say that the beast's song "come wayward souls" really pushes me toward saying that he is a personification of death

I'd even be willing to say we're both right, that it IS a fae world, but that it's still 'death'
>>
>>81302601
I literally just mean any rural aesthetic. Doesn't even have to be American, just a nice countryside setting.
>>
>>81302711
You're slightly off. He's not a personification of Death, he's the Devil.
>>
>>81302910
and you can call those different but I would be tempted to argue they aren't
>>
>>81302965
The Devil is a completely different concept from Death. The Beast is a devil-figure steeped heavily in American folklore with a little bit of European folklore added. He tempts, he misleads, takes those who would stray from home, he attacks people at their weakest, he cuts deals that benefit him. He's Old Scratch mixed with Herne the Hunter.

>>81302737
There were some cartoons in the 80s coming out of Europe that had wilderness settings.
>>
File: rainbowpuke.gif (402 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
rainbowpuke.gif
402 KB, 300x165
What does everyone think of the theory that OTGW is based on Dante's Inferno?

Here's a link if you didn't know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBg8tQvATIA
>>
>>81303530
McHale acknowledged that some of the parallels were on purpose
>>
Damn, this thread turned out fucking good. Think I'm going to rewatch it in a few hours, hopefully the thread is still going hard

Also, Lorna is by far the best girl, come on now guys
>>
File: missed easteregg.gif (1 MB, 470x235) Image search: [Google]
missed easteregg.gif
1 MB, 470x235
Anyone notice?
>>
>>81303240
>There were some cartoons in the 80s coming out of Europe that had wilderness settings.
Any specific recs? I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.
>>
>>81303767
I knew the boat was a parallel, but not that the frogs were dressed just like the kids. Nice catch. This kinda reinforces the theme of the ending song.
>>
>>81301149
I was hoping it would spark anything at all about well thought-out mini-series

>>81303882
What do you think it means?
are the two frogs actually the kids, or is it something else?
>>
>>81303767
Where's that kids bit from? Pilot?
>>
>>81304066
Opening sequence.
>>
I just preordered the Australian Blu-ray for SU season one too. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll make a torrent of the whole disc. I'll definitely have to do an encode of Tome of the Unknown since it's the first time we'll be getting a decent HD source for it, I'm fairly certain.
>>
>>81304180
>Australian
Yeah, there's gonna be censorship
>>
>>81303819
Moomins and David the Gnome off the top of my head.

>>81303709
You could do a spinoff episode for almost every single episode.
>>
>>81304173
Cheers anon
>>
>>81304288
Madman is releasing it, they are extremely good about not pulling that shit. I'd compare them to Shout! Factory.
>>
>>81303709
bump for lorna

>>81303240
at its most basic, the devil is the ruler of the underworld, and as its gatekeeper (i think) the devil figure can easily be equated to a personification of death, at least to a point
>>
>>81297282
it's goddam beautiful.
>>
>>81298499
Weren't they all dead souls?
>>
>>81305076
I don't think I've ever read about a Christian tradition where the devil is also the gatekeeper to hell. In many traditions the notion of the devil being the ruler of Hell is a metaphor, as it's a prison.
>>
>>81305076
>bump for lorna
damn right

filename very much related
>>
File: 2spooky.webm (937 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.webm
937 KB, 1920x1080
>>81298393
>>
>>81302218
I think the Woodsman had paid his price pretty well by the end. He gave UP on seeing his daughter again, he fought the beast to exhaustion, and he'd been working in the forest for who knows how many years.

>of course now that I say that, I do see the logic in saying the stream is a door to the fae world.

I like to think it wasn't just the stream, but a combination of them literally climbing over the garden wall on Halloween night and tumbling into the water. The portal to the faerie world wouldn't have work without those precise steps and the time.

>character of the beast permeating the landscape

Good observations definitely. Though he reminded me of a faerie spirit that is pretty closely dedicated to destruction. If you've ever seen the movie "The Never Ending Story 1" you meet wolf character Gmork, who is dedicated to the destruction of the magical world. It's his nature. Also I've referenced before Changeling the Dreaming world, with banality vs glamour before, and such a faerie creature is not impossible nor improbable to exist there.

>though I don't have a good explanation for bringing the frog out, you've certainly got me there.
What's the problem with the frog going into the mystical land and then returning to the mortal world again?
>>
>>81303767
OH SHIT
>>
>>81305076
Bump for Lorna you say? She might eat you...
>>
>>81304180
There is no BluRay of Over the Garden Wall, right....? Only a DVD. (Which, by the way, What the FUCKING Hell Cartoon Network?)
>>
>>81296723
I read a couple, and they're actually much better than I thought they'd be. The origin of the Woodsman comic was great.
>>
>>81307212
Only in Australia. Comes out next week.
>>
File: tapes_by_raccoonbunny-d8pnkis.png (2 MB, 1280x953) Image search: [Google]
tapes_by_raccoonbunny-d8pnkis.png
2 MB, 1280x953
>>81303819
You should checkout the 2009 movie Coraline. It is not a Wilderness setting but it is really extremely similar to the faerie tale setting.

>I don't think I've ever read about a Christian tradition where the devil is also the gatekeeper to hell

Pretty much this. In fact from what I've experienced some tradition says Hell is kind of built for him most of all.

>>81307289
Seriously? Link to where I can buy it?

The one problem I've had with buying from Australia in the past is lazy NTSC to PAL conversion, whereby the framerate is fucked up. (Squeaky high voices, screws up the pacing.) But this was several years ago so I'm hoping it won't occur with a modern Bluray release.

I would REALLY love to know if the episodes are the same time length as the 1080p iTunes rips. Because I might have to buy this thing.
>>
>>81307212
Cartoon Network and by extension Time Warner as a whole are the absolute worst when it comes to DVD/blu-ray releases for TV shows.
>>
>>81306968

She never had tits.
>>
>>81307451
https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/35209/over-the-garden-wall-limited-edition-bluray
It's going to be region free so you'll either have to play it on your computer or own a region-free player, alternatively you could burn an exact region-free copy to play in your region locked player (which is what I'll probably do).
They're also putting out Steven Universe season 1 on Blu-ray and Sym-Biotic Titan, though that's only on DVD unfortunately.
>>
>>81307451
>>81307625
Also I'm pretty sure this series was produced at 24fps and I would expect the Blu-ray to be presented as such. It think it being presented in PAL would be highly unusual.
>>
>>81307550
Sure she did, they just werent developed yet
>>
>>81307625
*region B
I am not on it today.
>>
>>81306715
What about Quincy Endicott. He's a character in the Unknown (the crazy rich man in Episode 5), but on the "real" side, we see his grave.
>>
>>81307834
I'm on your side that it's a death metaphor, but it's plausible that there's no body under the headstone, that he disappeared and people assumed him dead
>>
>>81307940
Although, I just recalled reading an interview with PWard, where he says that his interpretation is that the Unknown is actually something mortal minds can't comprehend, and part of the reason for the cartoony feel is that Wirt and Greg's minds process it through a "Saturday morning cartoon" filter. So that's a major point for Faerie.
>>
>>81307550
She was meant to, bro. She was meant to.
>>
>>81307671
I just checked the iTunes rips. 24fps. Good times.

I am highly tempted to buy that. I might wait to see if there's going to be a North American release though. Same me the trouble.

>>81307834
He could have easily been given a grave by people who thought he had disappeared and died. Missing Person for years sort of thing. This basically >>81307940
>>
>>81308321
If that happens, my bet would be through the Warner Archive. But Warner doesn't seem to have much interest in properly releasing CN shows for the most part, it really sucks. Which is why it's good that in other countries they license that stuff out to companies who actually recognize the existence of a market for it.
>>
>>81308114
Here it is: http://manuscriptsburn.blogspot.co.at/2015/02/behind-potatoes-and-molasses-interview.html?m=1

I meant with Patrick Mchale, obviously.
>>
Anybody up for a rewatch/talkback?
>>
>>81298015

It would never happen. Its Dante's inferno, but cartoonish
>>
Trey the explainer has a pretty nice solid theory. Just watch it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2TvzMXLdSHghLmciolHCSPHx2R-l2nSm
>>
Who likes the sjw tumblr shit
>>
>>81309789
What?
>>
>>81308841
You'll have to wait for Thanksgiving again
>>
I wish someone would stream it so we could all watch it but every time I stream something my connection goes to shit.
I miss watching shit with /co/ but mods are on that flies to shit.
>>
>>81311591
Pretty sure watching shit is fine, you're just not allowed to post stream links in the OP
>>
>>81311591
>>81313302
We could literally cytube it right now if this sort of shit quality is alright
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3wtbne_over-the-garden-wall-season-1-ep-08-babes-in-the-woods-full-hd_tv
>>
Potatoes and Molasses best song
>>
>>81307475
Disney.

The only Disney cartoon released in entirety on DVD is the Weekenders, because it was small enough to fit on two discs.
>>
>>81307475
Actually they've gotten pretty good, but OtGW musta slipped under their radar because everything else seems to be getting blu ray releases just fine.
>>
>>81315402
>Potatoes and Molasses reprise best song
Fixed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWt7sH14uZ4
>>
>>81317008
>implying it isn't pottsfield song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMPiZBBd1B0
>>
>>81317174
Doesn't the toad have a rather nice song?
>>
>>81319330
two technically, but we're unwashed hipsters here so it is bad manners to talk of it even if it is the best
>>
Excellent harem, but could use more slice-of-life episodes.
>>
File: 1442107836473.png (357 KB, 800x655) Image search: [Google]
1442107836473.png
357 KB, 800x655
>>81319375
Nah, I imagine most of us love all of the songs
>>81319412
>main character is the ultimate beta
>practically shipped with three girls
how does this happen?
>>
File: tumblr_nf7nbfFUyv1t0oftvo1_400.png (284 KB, 392x552) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf7nbfFUyv1t0oftvo1_400.png
284 KB, 392x552
>>81319479
Beatrice probably sees him more as an annoying brother and Wirt is a cute. Just listen to the poetry tape, it's fucking adorable.
>>
>>81296923
Which episode was this? I don't remember this one
>>
>>81319626
Fake incest is best incest.
>>
>>81319479
Because he learns to stop being beta.
>>
>>81319654
It's the pilot.
Which has one of my favorite songs at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBJp-9GL4LU
>>
>>81320065
in all seriousness, how he acted in episode nine around his peer was a fucking flashback to my time in highschool. I had just automatically assumed that people didn't like me and everything i did was stupid when in reality it probably wasn't that at all.

it hit me pretty emotionally. Wirt was making the same dumb mistakes I made.
>>
>>81303530
Because it clearly is?
>>
>>81309063
>no explanation of nonsensical dream sequence
>deception of the viewers is unmentioned
>doesn't know the difference between symbol and theme
I agree with him that it's an inferno retelling but GOD DAMN get some higher learning first
>>
File: wendigo.jpg (84 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
wendigo.jpg
84 KB, 500x707
>>81306687
Humanoids with antlers has always been particularly creepy for me.
>>
>>81311591
>>81307671
I just checked the iTunes rips. 24fps. Good times.

I am highly tempted to buy that. I might wait to see if there's going to be a North American release though. Same me the trouble.

>>81307834
He could have easily been given a grave by people who thought he had disappeared and died. Missing Person for years sort of thing.
>>
>>81311591
Wish I could but alas I must work in the morning and I only just got back. Barely enough time to drop in, make replies and hit the sack. Hope this thread is up tomorrow!

Fellow /co/mrades, it has been fun talking about this with you.

I kind of wish there was more art of Sarah and Lorna with Wirt. It's mostly Beatrix.
>>
>>81320609
Most people didn't catch up on it on first view
>>
>>81322637
must have been spooked watching Hannibal
>>
File: OtGWBadEnd.png (930 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
OtGWBadEnd.png
930 KB, 750x750
>>81296723
>>81307238

How many comics were there? I remember one about Wirt and the rest going on a ship that sailed a sea of wheat, and the Woodsman backstory. Were there any more? What title should I look up to find it in the desu archive?

>>81299866

Am I the only one who didn't like Beatrice? Worst girl.

>>81298015
>>81298605

I think pic related would have been a sadder Bad End.
>>
File: GTFOOnionSisters.jpg (31 KB, 349x426) Image search: [Google]
GTFOOnionSisters.jpg
31 KB, 349x426
>>81301149

I remember someone once dumped an old time-y comic about various veggie-people (similar to in the pilot) since characters like were most likely the inspiration for that pilot.

All I saved was this reaction image I made, but I always appreciate people storytime old timey comics.

It was called Onion Sisters, I might try looking for a download of it for a storytime.

>>81300813

Just out of curiosity, have there been any AUs or comics about people from different eras entering the Unknown? If Wirt was from modern times (or at least a decade or three from our current time) and the people he met there were all from the past, what would have it looked like if someone from Lorna's pilgrim times would up in the unknown? Would everyone in that spirit realm have just been Native Americans?

>>81301742
>Turns out that there are a ton of references to American music styles in there, which she kept pointing out as we went.

Do you remember any tidbits in pariticular? Sounds interesting.
>>
File: pilgrim tiddies.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pilgrim tiddies.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1080
>>81303709
>Also, Lorna is by far the best girl, come on now guys

Excellent taste

10/10 would drive to wickedness

>>81307550
>She never had tits.

Was her dress just poofy?

>>81319479
>how does this happen?

Main character syndrome. No matter what flaws the hero might have in the show, he'll always become a sex god with the entire female popular after his dick in the fanart.
>>
Bump for Greg
>>
File: everybody knows you're an egg.webm (1 MB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
everybody knows you're an egg.webm
1 MB, 1920x1078
Rhondi best character
>>
File: babbling brook.gif (726 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
babbling brook.gif
726 KB, 268x170
Dumping
>>
File: bird in tree.gif (751 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
bird in tree.gif
751 KB, 268x170
>>81326232
>>
File: blackberry bush.jpg (180 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blackberry bush.jpg
180 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: brook.jpg (271 KB, 1280x757) Image search: [Google]
brook.jpg
271 KB, 1280x757
>>
File: chopped tree.jpg (196 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
chopped tree.jpg
196 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: dark forest.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark forest.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: glowing forest.jpg (218 KB, 1280x724) Image search: [Google]
glowing forest.jpg
218 KB, 1280x724
>>
File: home in the rain.gif (507 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
home in the rain.gif
507 KB, 268x170
>>
File: lantern in the woods.gif (323 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
lantern in the woods.gif
323 KB, 268x170
>>
File: misty forest.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
misty forest.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>81296308
Yeah i only watched it a few months ago I didn't like it ad much as avatar but it had this feel like the vegetable people that felt like an old school cartoon
>>
File: misty reeds.jpg (158 KB, 1153x654) Image search: [Google]
misty reeds.jpg
158 KB, 1153x654
>>81326307
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: Over the Garden Wall Enoch.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Over the Garden Wall Enoch.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: over the garden wall poster 01.jpg (146 KB, 584x878) Image search: [Google]
over the garden wall poster 01.jpg
146 KB, 584x878
>>
File: Over the Garden Wall poster 02.png (688 KB, 555x810) Image search: [Google]
Over the Garden Wall poster 02.png
688 KB, 555x810
>>
File: Over the Garden Wall pottsfield.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Over the Garden Wall pottsfield.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Over the Garden Wall red moon.png (1 MB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
Over the Garden Wall red moon.png
1 MB, 1280x719
>>
>>
File: Over the Garden Wall stone wall.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Over the Garden Wall stone wall.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>
>>
File: Over the Garden Wall to thee.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Over the Garden Wall to thee.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>
>>
>>
File: peacocks.gif (221 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
peacocks.gif
221 KB, 268x170
>>
>>81302139
>Modern audiences, I think, are less familiar with the medieval Faerie tradition than they are even with classical myth
They're very familiar with it without knowing it, they just don't recognize it as L Frank Baum's Oz.
>>
File: pond's edge.jpg (182 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
pond's edge.jpg
182 KB, 960x540
>>
File: shrouded forest.gif (292 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
shrouded forest.gif
292 KB, 268x170
>>
>>81326232
>>81326238
>>81326290
>>81326298
>>81326611
>>81326635

>those tiny ass gifs
>probably pulled off tumblr

Post webms bro.
>>
File: smoke.gif (575 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
smoke.gif
575 KB, 268x170
>>
File: snow on the water.gif (609 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
snow on the water.gif
609 KB, 268x170
>>
File: snowy mill.gif (611 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
snowy mill.gif
611 KB, 268x170
>>
File: tumbling leaf.gif (353 KB, 268x170) Image search: [Google]
tumbling leaf.gif
353 KB, 268x170
>>
Arguments for it not being the Afterlife or a dying dream are the bell in the frog's belly still glowing in the 'real world' and it being shown that the lives of the characters in the Unknown continue on.
>>
File: Woodsman and his daughter.gif (2 MB, 565x334) Image search: [Google]
Woodsman and his daughter.gif
2 MB, 565x334
>>
>>81324996
>how many bits were the tits
i believe it was a 4 comic mini
>>
Still have this on my drive
>>
>>81298605
I keep wondering why he always has antlers. I guess people like drawing antlers.
>>
File: closet mishap 1.png (77 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
closet mishap 1.png
77 KB, 500x335
Beatrice a cute
>>
File: closet mishap 2.png (98 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
closet mishap 2.png
98 KB, 500x430
>>81330185
>>
File: closet mishap 3.png (76 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
closet mishap 3.png
76 KB, 500x335
>>81330196
>>
File: closet mishap 4.png (93 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
closet mishap 4.png
93 KB, 500x335
>>
File: closet mishap 5.png (232 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
closet mishap 5.png
232 KB, 500x335
>>81330229
>>
>>81330229
Rebekah, this is sexist and I'm ashamed you would post it on a public and welcoming forum such as this one.
>>
>>81298393
no one? kek, colour me surprised
>>
>>81330244
Do they fug afterwards?
>>
>>81301746
That only works if people don't like the show, anon
>>
I loved it to pieces. In the end, I wasn't sure if I was crying because the story was so beautiful or because it ended and I knew it'd be a long time before I'd see a series of that quality ever again.
>>
>>81326607
IS lorna the woodsman's daughter?
>>
>>81326679
Isn't this from the end sequence?
I sort of got the impression that this was outside of the unknown

also >names
>>
>>81334543
No, they're explicitly different characters. We even see more of the Woodsman's daughter in a comic
>>
>>81320174
I feel you. I wonder if I would have been less of a paranoid loser if I had watched this show back then. Probably not.
>>
>>81296308
Never really got the love for this. It was dissapointingly mediocre.
>>
>>81334854
Typical Matt.
>>
Can we get a Beatrice in here
>>
Test
>>
>>81325892
There's an amazing lack of love for the show's best character.
>>
K
>>
>>81296308
I couldnt get past how pretentious it was
>>
>>81337649
How is it pretentious?
>>
>>81325107
Here's I can remember:

>The Pottsfield Town Song is a reference to the shape note singing done by early Americans
>The Highwayman Song is an almost direct Cab Calloway reference, down to the voice used.

Those are the only ones I can recall off the top of my head. It was a while ago.
>>
Why are so many of the best songs less than a minute long?
https://youtu.be/tX4k9b1JLlk?t=18
>>
>>81342556
because of the attention span of the modern cartoon viewer.
>>
>>81342556
Because the episodes are only 10/11 minutes long. If they had 2-3 minute songs, they'd be taking up 1/3-1/5 of the episode.
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.