[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shitty generic villain(s) >exactly two cool moments across
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 600x887
>shitty generic villain(s)
>exactly two cool moments across 6 issues
>Galactus kills the wave rendering all of the fight before that pointless
>Cammi
Why do people like this event again?
>>
It had Terrax and I like Terrax. I didn't really like it though
hate to try to derail the thread, but can someone post some Terrax recommended reads?
>>
>Why do people like this event again?

>great action scenes
>great new takes on old characters (Nova, Ronan, Star-Lord, Drax)
>plenty of cool moments - initial attack on Xandar, Ronan taking back Hala, Drax killing Thanos, Nova vs Annihilus
>based Cammi

Annihilation was the best cosmic story ever written. DnA tried but based Giffen is just a better writer
>>
>>81295302
It was the last time Marvel published a good comic.
>>
>>81295491
>great action scenes
No fucking way. The action scenes were just a bunch of frantic laser blasts. It'd be one thing if the art was particularly good.
>plenty of cool moments -
>initial attack on Xandar
The first thing I didn't like. I had no sense of scale. I understood that the attack was supposed to be big but we hardly saw that. Besides who just puts their entire military force in one single place? Great job worldmind.
>Ronan taking back Hala
Yeah, Ronan and Super Skrull mowing down mooks like nothing. No tension at all. Didn't care in the least. And first Surfer leaves that faggot Ravenous alive then Ronan. Fucking hell.
>Drax killing Thanos
I could have been if Thanos hd actually been fighting back and it wasn't just Drax being a hard headed retard.
>Nova vs Annihilus
One of the two I mentioned
>based Cammi
I don't see how you could possibly think this. She was useless and annoying and did nothing but make snarky remarks IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING WARZONE. People dropping like flies all around her "Hey Drax can I keep your daughter's ear?" For fuck's sake.

>>81295672
You're cute.
>>
>>81295302
Well, let's compare it with the earth-based event going on at the time: Civil War.

Anyone else want to comment on how good Civil War was versus Annihilation?
It was a completely shit event when Goat Licker wrote it, ver 2 with Bendis will be infinitely worse.
>>
>not liking Cammi
Shit taste
>>
>>81295842
>he likes current Marvel
>>
>>81295862
Not OP, but I never understood what she was doing there. After she goes away with Drax... what did she do to help solving the crisis?
>>
>>81295302

the tie-ins are really solid.
>>
>>81295302
>Keith Giffen comic
>Mediocre

no shit
>>
>>81295877
>>81295672
Vision, Superior Foes, X-Men Legacy, Mighty Avengers were all better than Annihilation
>>
>>81295860
I'm still waiting for Bendis and Dog Fucker pump out Annihilation 2
>>
File: img_6045.png (108 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
img_6045.png
108 KB, 240x240
>>81295990
>your taste
>mediocre
No shit.

>>81296020
>Superior Foes, X-Men Legacy, Mighty Avengers
>>
>>81296020
>responding to weak bait
>>
>>81296031
how many of those comics have you actually read anon?
>>
>>81295962
Not everyone needs to contribute directly to the plot. I generally liked Cammi's parts, but she was in no way essential to the overarching plot.
>>
>>81296052
Dude, stop.
>>
>>81296021
OP will love it.

>>81296052
I usually give a book 3 issues before dropping it, ANADfag.
>>
>>81296061
>she was in no way essential to the overarching plot.
Exactly. If they made an Annihilation movie, she'd either be removed from the script or would do something useful.
>>
>>81296061
>I generally liked Cammi's parts
Can I ask why? Everytime she was on screen she reeked havoc on the tone and wasn't even funny.
>>
>>81296106
Well yeah, unless you wanted to do a full 1:1 of Annihilation doing the full Drax transformation. But that's the benefit of a comic, you don't need to make those kind of decisions to keep the run time low. Decompression in comics works really well.
>>81296116
I generally like the adult mentor/child archetype thing that was going on with Drax and Cammi. One of my favorite literary devices.
I just liked how non-standard she was. She had no "right" to be in a comic book like that, but there she was. She was just a yappy dog, but I thought it worked.
>wasn't even funny
I read Annihilation when it was coming out, so I guess I'm just biased to her humor since I was 13.
>>
>>81296021
Don't you even say that.
>>
>>81296052
superior foes was awesome tho
>>
Because Nova saved the universe while the heroes on Earth were squabbling like little children.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.