[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi I started reading the new Spider-Man comics. This was the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: FUCK MY LIFE.png (750 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
FUCK MY LIFE.png
750 KB, 1012x675
Hi I started reading the new Spider-Man comics. This was the biggest mistake in my life, holy shit.
Any thoughts on Mary Jane dating some firefighter and the new stories going on with Spidey?
I am biased because I like Mary Jane-Watson so tell me, just how awesome the new comics are. I can understand that new readers will like the fresh new start so tell me all the positives!
At least let my pain have some meaning!
>>
>>81290574
She hasn't dated Peter in almost a decade now OP.

The current Amazing Spider-Man ongoing is alright, but kind of boring. There's about five different plots going on and none of them are that interesting.
>>
>>81290599
Sorry. New is not the right word. I'm late to the party.
I feel just awful after the Spectacular show, and then I see Gwen getting raped,
Civil War, and then One More Day, and then this.
I feel like I'm getting punched in the stomach, and I try to make it feel better but then I get punched over and over until I die.
>>
File: renewyourvows.jpg (947 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
renewyourvows.jpg
947 KB, 1988x3056
>>81290574
>>81290689
Might I suggest renew your vows? In this continuity, they are still together, and stay together throughout. Plus, its cute.
opening line even is:
>this was how it was always meant to be
>>
>>81291293
I dunno dude, it looks really sweet.
But last time I got my hopes up for a good ending, Peter died in both Ultimate and Spider-Girl.
This ongoing?
>>
File: ryvwedding.jpg (794 KB, 2063x3131) Image search: [Google]
ryvwedding.jpg
794 KB, 2063x3131
>>81291346
5 issue self contained mini-series in an alternate universe. Not quite undoing the damage, but I think it was worth the read. I don't wanna spoil how it turns out, but you don't have to worry about some tacked on, contrived, bullshit ending, clearly only there to make the story tragic.
give it a try if you like:

http://readcomiconline.com/Comic/Amazing-Spider-Man-Renew-Your-Vows/Issue-1?id=34124
>>
>>81291606
Thanks! I'm surprised it's on that site, tried looking for Spectacular Volume 2 but had to resort to comix4free.
I think the real heroes are the people who buy this shit. Wish it was just a patreon donation instead of paypal and bitcoin.
>>
It's really good.
Kinda sucks about all his friends dying though but takes can't be choosers.
>>
Anyone got a checklist on contemporary Spider-man titles? I'm reading Ultimate Spidey on and off at the moment and reading Spider Gwen. Spider Gwen is pree interesting.
>>
>>81290574
no mercy for MJ fans
>>
Renew Your Vows is a lot of fun and lighthearted, it's like a really bad superhero film.
I loved it, I really hope stays a running title.
>>
>>81291293
>Might I suggest renew your vows?
Don't. Its fucking awful.

>Plus, its cute.
Yeah, having a whole story about how awful is to be Spider-Man is great, isn't it cute at all. The dialogue in it is fucking trash, too. Slott couldn't even use Mayday for the kid. instead he created some OC named "Annie May Parker". Why the hell would someone name their kid 'Anime'?

Remember how Slott kept saying "But guise! Its totally going to have huge effects on ASM going forward!" and all we got was the shittiest part: the moronic villain, Regent?

>>81291606
>that Quesada variant
Was this supposed to be a "fuck you" to Stan Lee? That spidey-wink is so on the nose.

This was drawn by the guy who came up with, wrote and enforced both One More Day and One Moment In Time.
>>
>>81291889
>I really hope stays a running title
It already ended, idiot. We're nine issues into the next volume of ASM. Where the fuck have you been?
>>
>>81290574

will they ever bring the two back together her and Peter?

or will Quesada have to die before that happens.
>>
I gave up when Marvel started fixing things that weren't broken..
>>
>>81291799

why does everyone at Marvel hate her?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.