[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think Adult Swim will do this year? I think they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: Adult_Swim_April_Fools_2007.png (98 KB, 249x183) Image search: [Google]
Adult_Swim_April_Fools_2007.png
98 KB, 249x183
What do you think Adult Swim will do this year?

I think they're going to do nothing
>>
WACHAAAA
>>
>>81285459
flcl reboot
>>
>>81285534
what's flcl?
>>
I still think the time they drew moustaches on everything was the best.

There would be a moustache floating in space, then a character would walk in and stop so he caught it right on his upper lip. It was fucking great.
>>
It’s crazy how downhill Adult Swim has gone recently.

For example, in December of 2008, when Adult Swim only broadcast seven hours a night, this is what their schedule included:
You had Moral Orel*, The Boondocks*, Aqua Teen*, Robot Chicken*, Superjail*, Frisky Dingo*, Squidbillies*, Metalacolypse*, Xavier: Renegade Angel*, The Drinky Crow Show*, Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job*, Sealab 2021, Stroker and Hoop, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Home Movies, Mission Hill, Clerks: the Animated Series, Minoriteam, and Lucy Daughter of the Devil all in regular rotation, with new acquisitions King of the Hill and The PJs joining the lineup in the final week of the month leading into 2009.
Also, Anime aired at that by Adult Swim included Astro Boy, FLCL, Code Geass, Shin Chan, The Big O, Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Moribito, Ghost in the Shell, and Bleach.
Seth McFarlane shows only aired in reruns in the 11 PM hour: reruns Monday-Thursday and new episodes on Sundays.
Today, Adult Swim has expanded to airing for 10 hours a night, and this is what their lineup is comprised of:
Robot Chicken*, Squidbillies*, Venture Brothers*, Children’s Hospital* (new episodes airing, but has been cancelled), Mr. Pickles*, Mike Tyson Mysteries*, Rick and Morty*, DVR Theater* (currently Infomercials reruns, sometimes premieres of Off The Air, Fishcenter Live, or other specials; was formerly a showcase for older AS shows), and Aqua Teen are the only non-FOX comedy programs currently airing.
The only anime airing on Adult Swim is Dragonball Z Kai, Dimension W, Samurai Champloo, Naruto: Shippuden, One Piece, and Kill La Kill.
Reruns of Family Guy, Cleveland Show, and American Dad alone make up over 60% of Adult Swim’s lineup, while Bob’s Burgers and King of the Hill reruns also air 6 and 7 nights a week, respectively.
* denotes the shows that were in production and airing new episodes on AS that year.
>>
>>81285576
newfag
>>
>>81285604
A lot of those old shows got like 1/100th of the viewers rerurns of Family Guy gets. From a business standpoint it make sense to air them during the prime hours, I agree they don't need to air them twice though and could really mix up the after midnight time slot
>>
>>81285534
already? we still haven't gotten the Samurai Jack reboot yet
>>
I'm half expecting them to air the new Samurai Jack premiere totally unannounced.
>>
Brand new episodes of ATHF, Sealab 2021, Brak Show and Harvey Birdman, along with the original bumps.

That's what I'd love to see anyway.
>>
File: Haruhara.Haruko.full.172090.jpg (491 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Haruhara.Haruko.full.172090.jpg
491 KB, 1600x1200
>>81285576
>not knowing one of the few animes Adult Swim actually likes
surprised they aren't trying to reboot Cowboy Bebop as well.
>>
>>81286329
not until IGPX gets another season
>>
>>81285576
six episode animation tech demo with a convoluted DEEP plot and a good soundtrack
>>
>>81286321
>original bumps

/co/ is surprisingly conservative in taste

Your childhood/teenhood isn't coming back, putting those old shows in air again isn't going to make things fresh again
>>
File: 1452000286641.jpg (279 KB, 473x600) Image search: [Google]
1452000286641.jpg
279 KB, 473x600
>>81285576
>what's flcl?
>>
>>81286519
FUCK YOU I WANT TO FEEL YOUNG AGAIN
>>
>>81286519
They did the same thing with Toonami 4 years back.
>>
theyre actually advertising their prank this time, so they certainly want people to tune in
>>
>>81285459
a whole night of new venture bro's episodes
>>
>>81285459
new Perfect Hair Forever
>>
>>81286772
Yeah, running an ad that goes through everything they've done.

Reminded me how stupid coin hunt was last year.
>>
Mustaches and cat heads imposed on episodes of Perfect Hair Forever, random pilots, and The Room, while coins and fart noises appear randomly, and the Aqua Teen movie constantly plays in a tiny square in the corner.

And then at the end, they announce the return of Miguzi.
>>
>>81287865
then they announce a Code Lyoko & Totally Spies reboot
>>
>>81286772
>>81287622
since the ad hasn't been uploaded online yet, I decided to upload it. I can't into computers so it's a shitty camrip

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x410fn7_adult-swim-april-fools-2016-promo_tv

first time they've ever advertised it, so hopefully it's something good this time
>>
What april fools pranks have toonami done? I know toonami and the 3 years of the room, but what about the rest?
>>
>>81285459
Something lowscale like the last couple years. No dubbed anime or Wiseau shenanigans this year (my prediction anyway). I fell for the KND meme last year, and was horribly let down when it was a bunch of coins floating on the screen. Once I accepted this was the prank, it was pretty funny.
>Shake headbanging in front of a coin and leaving all other characters hundreds of points behind on the leaderboard
>Carl in dead last all night long

>>81288383
search wikipedia
>>
>>81289349
>Carl in dead last all night long
absolute travesty
>>
REMEMBER WHEN WE THOUGHT WE WOULD GET GKND FOR APRIL FOOLS?

Damn, can't believe it will be a year for that.
>>
>>81289415
I find it hilarious that everybody thinks they know what AS will do and they never get it right
>>
>>81288383
Sorry, there used to be a good Wikipedia article for the gags in chronological order, but it's gone now.
Here's until 2010: http://tviv.org/Adult_Swim#April_Fool.27s_Day
>>
>>81289415
>all we got was a stupid unfunny fucking coin hunt
Literally the most disappointing moment of my life.
>>
>>81288383
>>81289504
All April Fools stunts
https://web.archive.org/web/20140703013614/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim#April_Fools.27_Day_stunts
>>
File: FISHXIII.png (1 MB, 1083x603) Image search: [Google]
FISHXIII.png
1 MB, 1083x603
>>81289616
Fishcenter Live is a gift from the Gods. Watching the simulcast while watching the Aqua Teen marathon was great. I even watched the crown ceremony around 6 am.
>>
I just found the Squidbillies unfinished pilot
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s43g4
>>
I expect them to do something shitty like that fish coin bingo thing they did last year
>>
>>81290104
There's a better version on MySpleen
>>
File: 1431235710278.png (489 KB, 656x425) Image search: [Google]
1431235710278.png
489 KB, 656x425
>>81285576
>what's flcl?
>>
>>81290723
If only I could get an invite to MySpleen, or have a proper internet connection so I could seed nonstop through the night. Only one can dream so much in his mere lifetime
>>
>>81285576
It's an entry level show for normies
>>
File: 1424423818597.jpg (51 KB, 461x294) Image search: [Google]
1424423818597.jpg
51 KB, 461x294
>>81291222
The thing has too many references to other anime as well as numerous anime tropes to be entry level. If anything its slightly above entry level just because of its length.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.