[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did marvel ruin her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: vsvc.png (150 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
vsvc.png
150 KB, 500x284
Why did marvel ruin her
>>
>>81282517
did they ? They ruined for you ( /co/ ) but maybe no for everyone else
>>
I'd just blame Henderson for ruining her
>>
You assume there was something to ruin to begin with.
>>
File: Squirrel Girl.jpg (83 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel Girl.jpg
83 KB, 633x537
>>81282576
The art in her book is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>81283695
OH MY GOD WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAACE!
>>
>>81282637
Why her?
>>
>>81282517
because of the current PC police, they turned her into something more of an ugly pig character, weather keep her op that she can even defeat galactus.
>>
>>81283695
I used to draw self-portraits, but I have some severe fear of actually looking at myself in mirrors and photographs, so I would caricaturize and exaggerate the hell out of my face, making all the goofy, ugly parts stand out. My big flabby saggy cheeks, my floppy fish lips, my squinty eyes that are too small for my head, my goofy dinner-plate ears, my dead caterpillar eyebrows, and the whole hideous thing being just ever-so-slightly asymmetrical. Everytime I see Henderson's Squirrel Girl, I just see my own fucked up, deformed face in those caricatures, and my stomach turns over.

Also, it's just not funny or engaging at all. It's like the anti-entertainment equation. Horrible art and somehow worse writing. Why the hell did ANGRY get shit-canned and this didn't? SG's sales have been bad to awful, and keep dropping, but it never gets the axe.
>>
>>81284522
i wanna say get good with your drawings but my last self portrait oil painting i did i gave myself a fat neck and the self portrait in pencil i made my cheek bones sharp. there's some psychology that says people tend to naturally like their own voice and how they look. something like you exaggerate your flaws and over do it when drawing yourself
>>
>>81284401
Whenever I hear someone talking about PC is in the context
>”a media company took a decision that I don’t like” -said the entitle manchild

Just curious, is PC even fucking real?
>>
>>81284401

The secret of the duplicate chromosome is that it is made out of ham
>>
Ignore this character, the comic is literally 'I am a 40 year old retard with super powers, god have mercy on us all.'
On the same topic, how do you think the marvel universe health care system deals with metahumans with mental/physical disabilities like down syndrome? Is there a super tard ranch they keep all the mongos on?
>>
>>81282517
All it takes is one crappy team to ruin a character.

Although, it only takes one great team to fix a character. There's hope yet.
>>
>>81286168
Yeah, but it ain't what it used to be in the 90s. These kids today would have a stroke if had to endure Tipper Gore.
>>
File: Burrito.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Burrito.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>81282637
As much as I hate her style, you can't blame her. You have to blame Ryan North for, not only picking her, but writing her as he does.
>>
>>81282517
she's only ruined inside of her own book(and the occasional piece of art in other books and material taking a bit too much from Henderson's art), she's perfectly fine looking in New Avengers
>>
File: Squirrel Girl.webm (406 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel Girl.webm
406 KB, 960x540
>>
File: Hibernate for a Week.webm (273 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hibernate for a Week.webm
273 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: Marvel Heroes.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Heroes.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>81290762
Oh God, I forgot this show existed.
How bad is it?
>>
>>81291270
It was good show
>>
>>81291270
I marathoned it the other week and honestly its just incredibly mediocre. there was only a couple good episodes and they nearly all revolved around Doom. Overall it really felt like the writers just didn't care
>>
>>81284522
Is it wrong that I read this as "I have a legitimate way to fuck with trigger warning systems?"
>>
>>81290817
While watching this silent webm, the Justice League unlimited theme was playing.
>>
>>81291270
It was quite alright actually.
>>
>>81283695

The only good face is Iron mans, mostly because you can't actually see his face.
>>
>>81282517
too attractive, this is triggering
>>
>>81283695
They look like they're about to have a super-orgy.
>>
>>81283695
Those nubby ears piss me off so much
>>
>>81290720
I wanna suck on that tooth
>>
>>81290636
>As much as I hate her style, you can't blame her. You have to blame Ryan North for, not only picking her, but writing her as he does.
I wish more people understood this.
It's wrong to dump all the hate on Erica for ruining this character. The entire creative team is to blame. Ryan North and the editors at Marvel are just as responsible for this if not more so. Scapegoating Henderson just because her art is repulsive is lazy and will lead to North and his cronies to slip out of this carwreck unscathed only to ruin some other comic book title.

EHen is just the low hanging fruit. The entire tree is rotten right down to the root and needs to be bulldozed.
>>
>>81286168
>>”a media company took a decision that I don’t like” -said the entitle manchild

Just curious, is PC even fucking real?

Yes Tumblr and you just proved it
>>
File: SG.png (733 KB, 586x592) Image search: [Google]
SG.png
733 KB, 586x592
>>81283665
A hard working college student who had mostly put her superheroics aside to get an education. Also worked as a baby sitter for two heroes and hung out with the Avengers as a plus
>>
>>81290762
what's on her head?
>>81291270
>""""""""bad""""""""
rewatch it anon, it was good
>>
>>81283695
Didn't they do a reboot of this, and then change absolutely nothing?
>>
>>81294142
no, that was just the first run with that creative team ending and a second run with the same creative team beginning
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.