[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1552x979) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1552x979
Why was it so bad?
>>
Ben! Listen to me right now! It’s Zack! Zack Snyder! He's the problem! Am I too soon!? I'm too soon! You were right about him! You were always right about him! Fear him! Fear him and find us. You have to come find us, Ben!
>>
They made terrible adaptations, had a shitty story line, and didn't know the ass end of a editing process if it kicked them right in the balls.
>>
>>81281842
Lex being smart enough to find out who batman and superman are, even though no explanation was given on how he had done so, but stupid enough to keep trying to kill Superman even though Darkseid would be coming.
>>
>>81281842
too Long, boring, shit character motivations, scenes that don't make sense, sub plots that lead nowhere, too much time spent on DCEU set up. could have been 8/10 with some major cutting. as it stands its 5/10
>>
>>81281842
It wasn't drone
>>
>>81282116
>sub plots that lead nowhere

Seriously, what the fuck was up with that "HAHAHA JOKES ON YOU BATMAN" with no explanation? Was it an Easter Egg? Is Joker still around? Is that why Bats is super pissed off all the time? I mean, shit, would it have been so hard for Alfred to say, "It wasn't your fault Master Wayne?"
>>
File: you seem upset.png (40 KB, 509x572) Image search: [Google]
you seem upset.png
40 KB, 509x572
>>81282316
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1552x979) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1552x979
>>81281842
That's why
>>
>>81281842
>all of them crushed
>except Eisenberg
>can't even pretend to be sad
Fucking autist.
>>
Zack The Wack Snyder
>>
>>81281842
LOIS LANE GETS CAPTURED THREE FUCKING TIMES IN THE MOVIE.
She throws a spear into the water and LATER TRIES TO RETRIEVE IT.
HAHAHA SHE DOESN'T EVEN GET IT. SHE NEEDS SUPERMAN TO COME SAVE HER AGAIN AND THEN HE HAS TO GO GET THE SPEAR. WHAT THE FUCK?
I mean, for after a while, you just have to decide whether it's even worth it at this point.
>>
>>81281842
I had a dream I watched it and it was terrible.
>>
>>81282316
https://youtu.be/VGsrMaxx8N4?t=1941
>>
>>81282128
>>81282316
People, not just marvel fans, have been saying its going to do bad.
It does bad.
The DC fan boys that where making daily "BvS going to be the end of Marveldrone days" threads are now trying to convince themselves its doing bad because everyone is a "Marveldrone"

It sure is suffering watching fan-boying casuals ruin everything.

Because people like you are going to actual convince DC that they did nothing wrong and Snyder should make more movies.

Marvels lighthearted comics does well not because people are "fanboys" but because that is what a "comic hero" is suppose to be, a person that holds themselves to a higher standard in the hopes of changing the next generation of kids.

If they want to hire a dude bro to make a "grounded gritty" super hero movie its not a super hero movie, its a anti-hero movie and NO ONE WANTS THAT.

I love how people forget there is a name for "heroes" that kills, its "anti-hero" because heroes don't kill.
>>
>>81282091
I liked Lex already knowing about the future Justice League members. Made him seem dangerous and competent and more like his comic book self than just another shitty Gene Hackman imitation. Then the rest of the movie happened and you realize what a stupid chucklefuck he is.
>>
Editing. Somebody has a disdain for establishing shots
>>
>>81282091
The worst is, they could have easily handwaved it away, if they even tried to give an explanation.

>"Please oh, please 'Superman'. Stop acting like your identity was ever a secret. Aliens come down, park on the front porch of some farm outside Smallville, you engage with a grudgematch with them on the spot, and there just so happens to be some weirdo kid who used to live on that farm and looks just like you in his graduation picture? Those are available online you know. Didn't even need to hire a detective to figure that one out."
>"Come on, Bruce. Some messed up guy dresses as a bat and has millions of dollars worth of untracable military tech? And he's based in Gotham? Granted, your cesspit of a city's thick with insane people, but how many of them have government contracts and lives atop a massive cave of bats that shows up on any seismic scan of the city? Quick tip, next time don't pick your "secret identity" based on a landmark right outside your door."
>>
>>81282835
You know what was bullshit about that? He literally only had files on the future Justice League members. Like, why weren't there hundreds of files and then maybe they just happened to pick the Justice League members? That would have been better.

This way, it makes him look like he can see the future.
>>
>>81281842
desu OP, i like the movie and i dont see all that bad things that everyone speakof.
I went to waatch the movie and i was like "im not gonna like this, im not gonna like this, shit, im not gonna like this" but thats not how i left... rly.... its like....no... idk, idk why people says its so bad, rly, i dont know
>>
>>81281842
Just like MoS, it tried to start at the finish line. Opening straight up with the big payoff that should have been set up by at least a couple previous movies.

That and the plot is stupid because it tries to mix several classic Superman and Batman stories with none of the context that made them work; the actors are all shit; the editing is arse; the characters are nothing like their source versions; the music is generic and completely misused; the visual tone is drab and boring; the effects are crap; the fights are (mostly) less interesting than even MoS; the whole thing is joyless; the jokes are unfunny; the dream sequences and JL cameos are unnecessary, boring and pointless, and they fuck the flow of an already boring and rythmless movie; and finally MARTHAAAAA
>>
>>81282467
She's an audience surrogate like Bella Swan.
>>
>>81281842
Fucking Superman. He lets the bad guys get away, TWICE. Once in Africa, where he can somehow see/hear that Lois is in trouble, but doesn't bother stopping the guys LITERALLY driving away from the scene of the crime. Come the fuck on. You see Lois is in trouble, but you don't think to stop the assholes shooting at your girl?
Second time, Batman is clearly following bad guys, huge explosions, gun shots, for GOD'S SAKE, you can see the fucking rocket launcher in the guys hand from the damn exposed, half destroyed truck, why the fuck would you only stop Batman?
Great job, Supes, always stopping and catching the bad guys. Way to go the extra mile.
>>
File: 1431104963524.png (632 KB, 755x768) Image search: [Google]
1431104963524.png
632 KB, 755x768
>>81283119
we must have watched different versions of this movie. anyway you seem like you've simple adopted each of the buzzwords that the people who go above and beyond to hate this movie say.
>>
>>81283003
My assumption is that these are the only ones he's found and Batman and Wonder Woman are going to make the league using that information. Like if Black Lightning and Booster Gold had been on that file then they would have been founding members too.
>>
>>81281842
It was Iron Man 2, right down to the same set of problems Set up more as a building block for other films than as its own film, bloated with plotlines that wreck the pacing, lack of proper development and contextualization of the villain and his scheme, poorly edited.

>>81283003
Or they're simply the four who did the most prominent things with their powers. WW fought alongside the US forces in WWI, Flash used his powers in a public altercation, Aquaman and Cyborg were not only both recorded on camera but also probably the first Lex came across since Lexcorp is the type to do extensive corporate espionage.
>>
File: 1444472014777.png (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444472014777.png
27 KB, 400x400
>>81281842
>Amy Adams' face
>>
>>81283273
What was wrong with what he said? They did try to mix different stories, Zach Synder even said it himself they used it as a basis. The actors are shit, except Ben, he was good. The editing was terrible, no flow or order of sequence, they had three story lines going at once. The music was misused, Lex walking down a hall was more exciting than Batman and Superman meeting. Generic? Probably not. The visual tone was drab, it was downcasted, just sad. Effects were crap with doomsday, who, for some reason, was zod and lex's blood mixed together, not the fucking awesome living embryo of death that he's supposed to be. Martha? Seriously man? You don't seem the stupidity of that? Superman could have said that exact same thing in the beginning of the fight and none of that bullshit would have happened.

Look man, you liked it, cool, but understand it was a shit movie.
>>
>>81282957
That could actually have been hilarious.

>>81283273
>buzzwords
No. Fuck you. We NEED that word. You do not get to dilute it with your shitty excuse-making every time someone gives yet another cogent breakdown on the reasons why this movie sucks shit. That is a good list of specific and meaningful problems in the film's construction. Either provide a rebuttal with actual substance or shut the fuck up.
>>
How many movies are they going to give Synder before they admit he's incompetent? Seriously. He's already laid claim to two very polarizing films featuring established and well known pop culture icons. It seems to me this is Snyder trying to prove he can handle a franchise, and the actual theme doesn't matter.

>"Superheroes? Fuck it, I'll give it a go."
>If Nolan can do it, I can too.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 MB, 1695x696) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 MB, 1695x696
>>81281842
>B-Batman n-n-never uses guns
>>
Snyderr literally

guy is DC's Whedon except even Joss can direct better
>>
>>81282957
They do you moron.
>The straighest line to Superman is Lois Lane

He literally trailed Lois
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
Because it didn't have the best superhero in it
>>
I don't understand Flash's message to Bruce in the dream sequence. He mentions Lois and then says "You were right about him, you always were" - who/what is he referring to? It was kind of difficult to understand him but it's been bugging me ever since I saw the movie.
>>
>>81283549
Nazis, No Ammo in the guns, Darkseid.

Nice grasping at straws m8
>>
>>81283605
Fucking Darkseid.
Lex's rant at the end made him realize this shit isn't over.
>>
>>81281842
Zack.
Snyder.

David.
Goyer.
>>
>>81283581
When? When the fuck did he do that? What did he possibly say to know that to find Superman you need Lois Lane? He could have gave one example. "I noticed you saved Lois Lane even though you let everyone else in the city die around you when you fought Zod." See? Right fucking there, that would have been enough, not really, it's still a bullshit reason, but it's still a fucking reason, which Luthor never gave.
>>
File: HandShake.jpg (24 KB, 317x400) Image search: [Google]
HandShake.jpg
24 KB, 317x400
>>81281842
Because it wasn't a team-up movie
>>
>>81283639
The statement is that batman "never" uses guns.

Sorry, kiddo. That shitpost for BvS is worthless.

We also deal with an emotionally unhinged Batman in this too, and one who's already had a career and seems either in the middle or towards the end, as shown with Robin's death.

So in a similar fashion to whatever happened to the man of tomorrow, we see him breaking his rule, in this film's portrayal of larger than life circumstances. He then promises Superman to do right by him in death, as he failed him in life. So we will see a growth.

FFS marvel fags actually demanding one-dimensional characters with zero depth.
>>
>>81283682
it doesn't need to be said.

Superman saved Lois in the attack on Metropolis.
Lois was the only reporter let into Zod's ship.
Lois was saved by Superman in the desert, yeah orchestrated by Lex, but this shows he KNOWS that Superman cares a fuckton about Lois.

He says, before he pushed her off the roof,
>I've found the straightest line to Superman is a pretty little redhead named Lois Lane

HE'S NOT FUCKING DUMB
>>
>>81283549
Isn't top right from fucking Odyssey

And bottom right is specifically being noted as "a once-in-a-lifetime exception"

I don't even necessarily disagree with your point anon, but are these really the best examples you can find?
>>
>>81283605
He was right about Superman not being a prick. He "always" was because he couldn't control their mothers' names.

Snyder literally ripped off Dr. Manhattan's reason to be human in a much shittier (albeit clever) way.
>>
>>81283549
One of those is literally a once-in-a lifetime exception though.
>>
>>81283423
>WW1
What the fuck is this asshole thinking? It's always been World War 2. What a fucking dick head. I mean, yeah, you shit all over the other characters, why the fuck not continue with your dick-assery and fuck up another one of the few things that make Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman.
That's another thing. Aquaman just letting himself get recorded? Bull. And cyborg was just getting a surgery.
>>
>>81283763
Eh, just did a swift Google search, anon.

My entire viewing of BvS is to take it as an elseworld story; a different approach to well established characters. And out of that I ended up enjoying it a lot more.
>>
>>81283828
>And cyborg was just getting a surgery.
Surgeries. Plural.
>>
Zack Snyder. Snyder. Zack.

All his films are bad in the exact. Fucking. Way. To a greater or lesser degree.

The actors don't matter, nothing else matters, Snyder can't direct actors, can't tell a story, can create visuals, that is all.
>>
>>81282308
I prefer that every little damn thing isn't spelled out. Use your imagination.
>>
>>81283751
Congratulations.
Lois indeed is connected to Superman.

How did he known how Clark Kent fits into the picture?

I mean yeah, sure there's a lot of ways, but that's the thing. It's an accepted fact that most people completely ignore the Clark Kent connection are completely incapable of noticing.
All they had to do, was somehow acknowledge that Lex is above that in this universe, instead of him just pulling the info out of his ass.

It's like in Star Wars, when you watch a ship jump to Lightspeed.
Sure, you don't need to see it, you can assume the characters just took a ship to the other planet, it's not a big deal to see the whole twirling stars effect.
But it ties the story together.
>>
>>81283751
You know, I'll give you that Superman saved Lois, so that's how Lex knew Clark Kent=Superman, because he was the only person he saved in Metropolis.

And who gives a shit if Lois was let into Zod's ship? How the fuck did he know that they were connected? It's just as plausible that Zod's a dickhead and wanted a female human to keep as a hostage while this Kryptonian whose lived on Earth comes on their entire lifeline just in case he tries to fuck with them.
>>
>>81283828
Because we havent seen WW2 a million times right? WW1? Complete fuckup all around, makes sense Ares had a hand in it.
>>
>>81283943
>>81283931

You follow Lois.
That's all you need to do to figure out who Superman is.
>>
Snyder: "You know what movie of mine was actually did good? Watchmen. What if i just do a Watchmen version of Superman? And now Batman Vs Superman...why are people mad?"

He ignores the source material. Enough said. Go home everybody.
>>
>>81283806
If we can make exceptions to one, this whole he can never kill aspect is pretty moot.

Especially when you factor in Batman strapping dynamite to a dude in Batman Returns, or incinerating clowns. Or flat out murdering the Joker.

I believe in exceptions, too. So why can't these be?

Take MoS. Zod's death was used to show how much he values life, as opposed to acting out a will to do good. Taking a life of someone who offered no other option taught him a lesson and essentially gave birth to the Superman with an unbreakable code.

Batman we see has a history, and we aren't entirely sure outside of the willingness to avenge and do right by his parents. The introduction of godlike beings that could effortless level cities put fear in him. It made him emotionally unhinged to the point where he lost all values. It was only during the Martha bit where he came to grasp that Clark was more human than he originally perceived, and it also gave him a chance to save someone from losing their parents.
>>
>>81283904
It would have given Batman MORE motivation to stop Superman, a possible asshole who could wipe them all out, and it would have brought together the comment made earlier to Clark Kent about "clowns in suits." There is a difference between an Easter egg, like superman lifting a car or a needed and possible plot point.
>>
>>81281842
God Amy Adams looks so crushed, it makes me just want to hug her and tell her that it wasn't her fault.
>>
>>81283984
You have to ignore a century of stories built on the idea that Clark Kent is the perfect disguise.

That's all you have to do, to make it that simple.

You can do it, but if you don't even acknowledge it, that's just cheap.
>>
>>81284064
They disavowed that in Man of Steel.
Lois had to interiew 10 people and bam she knows who Superman is.
>>
>>81284030
So what you're telling me is that you have to kill, to learn not how to kill? Do you even hear how stupid that is? And he stilled killed people in this movie.
>>
>>81284088
And yet no one else on the planet figured it out.
What makes Lex special?
That's the real question here.
What did Lex do, to figure it out, that apparently no one else did?

And it can be bullshit. It can be like the original suggestion, something anyone with half a brain and an internet connection could've done, but that would be the point of Lex then being an asshole about how superior he is to everyone.

Would've been Reeve level of ridiculous if it was that simple, but could've been a good ridiculous.
>>
>>81284204
He actually cared enough to find out.
Lex isn't special.
He just put the work in.

Everyone in Smallville knows.
They're not special either.
>>
>>81284204
He saw Clark take off his glasses duh
>>
>>81284250
The main point this originated from is "How did Lex find out?"

Which is simple and the movie telegraphs this to us.
Lois led him straight to him.
>>
>>81284247
>Lex cared enough
>No obsessive Superman worshipper cared enough
>Not the government that fears him and put a drone on watching him cared enough
>No one at the fucking Daily Planet cared enough
Really now?
>>
>>81283828
First, WW1 is sadly underused in film while everyone churns out a few WW2 films a year. Secondly, we're not really losing much with the change; it's not like Captain America which rewrote the entire history of HYDRA, Zola, Von Strucker, and Red Skull. The biggest thing we're losing is Paula Von Gunther, who hasn't been relevant since the Golden Age outside being a footnote in the clusterfuck that is Donna Troy's backstory.

And Cyborg was a head and partial torso connected to a jar full of organs being kept alive by STAR Labs before getting a Fourth World makeover.
>>
>>81281842
The interviewer that popped that question deserves a fucking medal.
>>
>>81284316
>the government that fears him and put a drone on watching him cared enough

The military lightened up, as personified thorugh Swanick.
>>
File: batmanwithguns.jpg (125 KB, 445x750) Image search: [Google]
batmanwithguns.jpg
125 KB, 445x750
>>81283763
The movie cribs a lot from Dark Knight Returns for this Batman. He uses a gun in that comic.
>>
>>81282937
They used so many fucking fade to blacks it was really jarring
Also not a fan of the shaky cam fight scenes
>>
>>81283768
Wait, I thought that Flash was warning Batman to stop Superman before everything went like in his dream? I thought he had the dream because Flash's "Presence" or whatever brought the dream out
>>
>>81284286
Lois=Superman
Lois≠Clark Kent

That's the entire point. Fine, what the fuck ever, it's a bullshit reason to say that Lois is connected to Superman past the ONE time he saves her and is on the ship. That doesn't excuse that fact that Lex knows that Superman is Clark Joseph Kent.
>>
>>81284418
I hated the editing. I can fully admit that. Like transactions please.
>>81284351
I want a modern Guther because Nazism hasn't gone away.
>>
>>81284496
>one time

She's been saved enough times to make it a certainty that she would be saved in Lex's staged warlord scenario at the start of the movie.
>>
>>81283985
Actually he stick hard to some really weird, but faithful, choices to source material. His Kryptonians are pure Golden Age, naturally strong and fast that gain extra powers from Earth's atmosphere.

>>81284316
After the third wrecked drone the beancounters told them to knock it off.
>>
They got the characters wrong, tbqh.
Superman isn't supposed to be Doctor Manhattan. He shouldn't be moping about the idea of being an all-powerful being.
Also, Batman RELISHED in violence. Like, he fucking stabs someone in the HEART with a knife. They made him a fucking maniac MURDERER.
>>
>>81284389
Yeah, to use as a fucking zipline. Don't be a nitpicky asshole. You know what people mean when they say "use a gun". They mean to kill, not to use as a tool. You might as well say that he's been using a gun since the beginning with his motorized grapple hook, you swarthy asshole.
>>
>>81282633
>If they want to hire a dude bro to make a "grounded gritty" super hero movie its not a super hero movie, its a anti-hero movie and NO ONE WANTS THAT.
FUCK YOU COCKSUCKER!
>I love how people forget there is a name for "heroes" that kills, its "anti-hero" because heroes don't kill.
POLICE THAT KILL TO SAVE LIVES IMMEDIATELY IN DANGER SURE AS GOD DAMN DUCK ARE HEROES AND SO IS CLARK SAVING 7-8 BILLION LIVES BY SNAPPING ZOD'S NECK.
BURN THE FUCK IN HELL IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE!
>>
>>81284030
I think Batman shooting the literal god of control and evil for the sake of the Multiverse is a pretty fine exception
>>
>>81284575
Also in Batman's first appearance he used a gun to kill Dracula.
>>
>>81284389
Bats uses a gun in TDKR, but not in that scene, that's just a grappling hook.

And towards the end, he tells the Sons of Batman that guns "are the weapon of the enemy".
>>
>>81284541
every one gets this fucking wrong the man got stabbed in the shoulder. it was payback for when batman got stabbed in the shoulder by the same guy
>>
>>81284538
>"Sir, third drone down."
>"Well private, that's about the last of our Superman funding. Shut it down."
>"We can't just stop sir!"
>"Well the brass ain't gonna pay for it, so unless you want to break your piggy bank, just report for reassignment."
>"Wait, I have an idea! Maybe, if we triangulate the three crashed drones, we could see where he most likely flew up from, when he went to take them down!"
>*que computer coding montage*
>"Well, shit. I just pulled up the satellite picture, and it's just some cornfield."
>"That's alright private. We just weren't meant to know."
>*they walk off, camera pans to the screen. Triangulated X is literally 200 yards from the Kent residence.*
>>
>>81284496
The military made the connection in Mos because she made it know she knew who Supes was.
You can bet Led kept tabs on her and saw her bf was looking familiar. Like others have said the people who know cared to know. Its an open server for smallville and some people in the Daily Planet
Supes' middle name is Joseph?
>>
>>81284527
Where? In what fucking context? Show me when she's in all of these perilous situations that Superman needs to come save her. You know what have been a more plausible scenario? IF LEX HAD SHOWN THEM A FUCKING PICTURE OF THEM KISSING ATOP THE CHARRED REMAINS OF METROPOLIS AND IT'S INNOCENT INHABITANTS. BAM. There you go. You now have Superman=Lois. You don't even have to have him show them. He could just be looking at it in a cutaway shot before doing some other bullshit that he's into. Or Mercy could give it to him in the beginning of the movie.
>>
File: 418.jpg (66 KB, 425x390) Image search: [Google]
418.jpg
66 KB, 425x390
>>81284632
Sorry I was mistaken, Detective Comics #32 and kills Monk.
>>
>>81284496
Back in the 80s Lex fucking outsourced discovering Superman's identity and the chick who did it found out pretty easily. Secret identities are mostly a genre convention, like FTL travel or magical swords.

>>81284519
Too bad modern Nazism is either a bunch of low-class Eastern Europeans looking to blame everyone for their country's problems but the corrupt people they keep electing to office or a bunch of drug-addicted American white trash interspersed heavily by law enforcement agents and informants.

That being said I had the idea of von Gunther being the head of a time traveling SS division.
>>
>>81284712
The movie gives you all you need to know to figure it out for your fucking self.

Like in that very same opening scene, Superman smirks and Lois nods knowingly.
They been through this shit before.

And, AGAIN, Lex FUCKING SAYS SO.
>The straightest line to Superman is Lois Lane
>>
I feel like the writers of these movies have been trying to hard to be original instead of staying somewhat faithful to the source material and it hasn't done them any favors at all.
>>
This movie drove me insane - there were several things that didn't seem to make sense, and I can't tell if it was shitty screenwriting or if I'm just a moron.

The courtroom scene - why did the Senator Lady freak out so hard? I couldn't tell if she was just disgusted with the jar of piss or what. Lex acted strange to her when she visited him at home, but I feel like it was an overreaction.

Why did Lex Luthor want Batman dead? His reason for hating Superman seems flimsy enough, but what about Batman?

What's the deal with the whole African terrorist incident? It's so poorly set-up and just seems to needlessly complicate the story - couldn't they have just stuck with the hearings/debates being over the General Zod incident?
>>
>>81284812
That's Goyer's problem. You could still see his influence in this movie. Not saying Terrio is a saint, but I'm willing to see how Justice League plays out before I criticize.
>>
>>81284696
>soldier doing more than the bare minimum when his actions aren't going to get him promoted, a pay raise, or a better assignment
>soldier doing more than the bare minimum in general
>>
>>81282308

Thought the movie was no better than 7/10. but the shot of Robin's costume serves to show that this Batman is not only already seasoned, but willing to take more extreme measures against crime because of what they've done to people he cares about.
>>
>>81284895
>Why did Lex Luthor want Batman dead?
He stole the Kryptonite
>>
File: 1441985940190.jpg (22 KB, 324x375) Image search: [Google]
1441985940190.jpg
22 KB, 324x375
Why are so many people blaming Marvel fans for the bad reviews?

I don't understand. Clearly there are a lot of people who just thought the movie was bad.

When Fantastic Four bombed, nobody blamed DC fans. Why can't the BvS fans just accept that the movie was a turd?
>>
>>81284802
Yeah, we've seen it, twice. I'm sorry. Three times. Once in mos when he saves her. second time in Africa, that Lex orchestrated. Third time is right here
>>
File: Poor Rich Evans.jpg (35 KB, 612x479) Image search: [Google]
Poor Rich Evans.jpg
35 KB, 612x479
DAWN OF AIDS.
>>
>>81284802
I like how this movie did its job in making you think and its pissing ppl off the answers weren't waved in front of their faces.
>>
>>81283639
>No Ammo in the guns
No. No, there was plenty of ammo in those.

Of course, that's a panel from Batman: Odyssey, where he proceeds to unload them at a trainful of civilians, because Odyssey Batman is an infamous fucking lunatic.

So no, still not the greatest example to use to try to prove a point about a definitive aspect of a character.
>>
>>81285004
You know there's 18 months in between
>>
>>81284972
Opinions. Everyone is entitled to one even if the majority would say otherwise. And I have yet to see anyone blame Marvel in these threads except for shitters trying to start a company war.
>>
>>81285046
Yeah, I blame the editing and some of the corniest/bluntest dialogue.
The rest I really enjoyed
>>
>>81284895
>The courtroom scene - why did the Senator Lady freak out so hard? I couldn't tell if she was just disgusted with the jar of piss or what. Lex acted strange to her when she visited him at home, but I feel like it was an overreaction.
She knew she had fallen for Luthor's plan and realized that something was about to go terribly wrong for everyone in the courtroom
>What's the deal with the whole African terrorist incident? It's so poorly set-up and just seems to needlessly complicate the story - couldn't they have just stuck with the hearings/debates being over the General Zod incident?
I have no fucking clue what the point of this was, they said that superman killed the terrorists but it makes no god damn sense since they were killed with bullets, if they had used some sort of laser to simulate Sups heat vision then it would have been sort of clever
>>
>>81284902
I was more interested in Wonder Woman but considering DC's track record with movies these days, I just don't see it going anywhere.

They should go back to TV cartoons, that's where they really shined outside the comics. With a certain obvious exception, of course.
>>
>>81285021
Then show it once, Superman saving Lois. They sure didn't have a problem showing a glowering superman reluctantly saving people.
>>
>>81285100
>glowering superman reluctantly

Oh, I see. You're an idiot.
>>
>>81285013
Thinking about how shitty it was.
>>
>>81284389
Rubber bullets
Honest...
>>
File: I'm upset.jpg (52 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
I'm upset.jpg
52 KB, 500x366
It had too much and not enough.
>>
>>81285129
Do you even understand what those words mean? Not once, did superman smile when he was saving people. Hell, he only smiled three times in the whole damn movie.
>>
>>81284895
>couldn't they have just stuck with the hearings/debates being over the General Zod incident?

But then Lois would have nothing to do.
>>
>>81285194
>Not once, did superman smile

Yes, but not because he was doing it reluctantly.
But because he was troubled by how these acts would be perceived and twisted.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17 KB, 795x91) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17 KB, 795x91
>>81285046
>I have yet to see anyone blame Marvel in these threads

I wasn't talking about /co/

take a look around the internet though. Like, any site where this is being discussed, Youtube, facebook, whatever.

you will find at least one idiot like pic related
>>
>>81281842
Contradicting the first movie.

>Don't use your super powers, son.
>Become a savior and use your superpowers,son.

Fucking hack writers. At least have the balls to stick to your own brand of bullshit.
>>
>>81285067
The editing goes without saying. I hate how Superman was given no time to speak for himself. It sucks to have Henrey's potential be squandered. He could be a fantastic Superman, but they don't seem to want to or they really don't care.
>>
>>81285285
>Don't expose yourself
>Don't let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can

Two different lessons
>>
>>81281842
>bad
>still pushing this meme
>>
>>81285234
One didn't lead to the reason, asshole. Superman was not smiling. Period. He was reluctantly saving people. Period.

There's a plethora of reason why he could not be smiling. He doesn't like saving people. He was troubled by how these acts would be perceived and twisted. He's an asshole. He's been force fed horseshit by his adopted parents. Who knows?

He was reluctantly saving people, given the fact he hesitated before going to Mexico when he was following Bruce.
>>
>>81285387
I bet you're one of those fags that still thinks Man of Steel was good
>>
>>81285458
>There's a plethora of reason why he could not be smiling.

Oh, you know...the fucking reason that his entire character arc is centered around.
>>
>>81281842
Does anyone have any JUST edits of Afleck or Cavill?
>>
>>81285329
>Let the children die Clark.

Great contradictory life lessons. No wonder this Superman is such a fucking mess.
>>
>>81285511
They don't deserve it. Snyder does. Everyone else are victims here.
>>
>>81284138
Are you intentionally obtuse?

Why are you inventing an absolute for an exception?

It's a contextual moment, nigger. An alien is discovering his powers, and what he can and can't, ought and ought not do in a bleak world reminiscent of our own - where morality constantly waivers and death is very real.

We have characters that aren't what they were in the comics - after nearly a century of remodeling and restructuring, and rebranding.

These are first exposures. I'm talking about the feeling and emotion that Superman conveyed as he killed Zod was so monumental for him that it sparked his code we are more familiar with.

It's not as asinine as you're making it out to be. For some unfathomable reason you just choose to be an asshat on purpose.
>>
>>81285508
What? Is he still upset about killing Zod? It's been 18 months. Is it his love life? I mean, being married to a woman you just met could force some people to reevaluate their life choices. Is it that people are starting to worship him as a god? You could tell people to stop. Is it that he's about to get into an unnecessary fight and then conveniently be saved by a coincidence, even though it will leave no marks, he won't bleed,his hair will still look perfect, and the fight didn't actually have to happen? I wouldn't be a happy camper either.
>>
>>81285644
It's the public hating him.
It's his guilt over the lives lost during Zod's invasion.
It's his self doubts in his ability to protect and his limitations.
It weighs on him the entire fucking movie.

Everything he says or has said to him fucking hits you over the head with it!
>>
>>81285644
>I mean, being married to a woman you just met could force some people to reevaluate their life choices
But they were just living together, did you missed the scene at the end where Ma'kent gives Lois the ring?
It's pretty obvious throught the whole movie that Lois is what kept Superman from going full emo, hell it was the entire point of Flash's intervention
>>
>>81285627

>Take MoS. Zod's death was used to show how much he values life, as opposed to acting out a will to do good. Taking a life of someone who offered no other option taught him a lesson and essentially gave birth to the Superman with an unbreakable code.
>taught him a lesson and essentially gave birth to the Superman with an unbreakable code.
>Superman with an unbreakable code.
>unbreakable code.
>unbreakable
>code.

Nah, I'm being the asshole and making an absolute out of what that guy said. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>81285726
Dawg! Superman literally says "take your hands off my wife" to that African nig before he kills him. What the fuck? Do we all just pretend that didn't happen?
>>
>>81282835
>Then the rest of the movie happened and you realize what a stupid chucklefuck he is.

I don't get why people think this is a bad thing. This was his origin story. Lex didn't just become the mastermind he is. It took years of him planning and failing and planning again to become the major threat he is. Give him time to grow.

>>81283639
>>81283763
>>81283806

Batman's "gun" is a gas grenade launcher so he can launch Kryptonite gas far away enough.

The only other time he uses an actual gun is when he disarms a guy with a pistol and uses it in his fight.

He preferred to use his disarming bat beacons when he went to save Martha.

Look at it this way. When Bruce is introduced he's a disillusioned old man coming out of retirement and his body, while still fit enough to punch guys like mad, can still tire out, so to compensate he resorts to more brutal tactics. In the beginning he's in a sort of rage that's caused by Lex's taunting notes (reminding Batman that all he's done has been for nothing, he locks up guys, they escape and kill and rape again) along with the PTSD from the Metropolis incident where Bruce saw an entire building of people fucking DIE and he was the guy who was supposed to keep his employees sage.

>>81283931
>How did he known how Clark Kent fits into the picture?

You really think Lex isn't smart enough to figure out that Clark Kent, the guy who becomes a reporter the day after Metropolis gets wrecked, the guy who has been a ghost for most of his adult life, isn't the alien?

Also he knew Bruce was batman. I mean...

No one makes the connection that Bruce Wayne is Batman? It's obvious. Batman has a shit ton of experimental gadgets and a tank car. It would cost some serious money for that, and who else but Bruce Wayne owns that much money in Gotham?
>>
>>81285797
I'm pretty sure he just tackles the guy through a wall
Speaking of that Africa scene is no one going to talk about the fact the Superman's pal Jimmy Fucking Olsen is dead as fuck?
>>
>>81285627
Look man. His parents should have taught him better. And are you saying that these first exposures to the world at large are a good thing to show? A man that kills, is unable to come to grips with what he's done, and then dies? That, is just sad. I'm sorry that you think this is the best that people deserve.

He he wasn't that upset. He started making out with Lois right after it happened.
>>
>>81285936
He made out with Lois before, when the World engine is destroyed.
>>
>>81285882
How the fuck could he survive that? He got put through at least two brick walls

It's as if Snyder doesn't understand that doing that would almost certainly kill a person
>>
>>81284632
Literally the page after shows he didn't shoot the guy.
>>
>>81285798
My point is, whether or not he is smart enough isn't the question, but rather, how did he do it? That's it. Unless you actually show that, you have an incomplete movie. Even worse, you expect people to cover up your sorry excuse of a movie by saying, "figure it out." If you had bother to leave clues, then it's fine. You didn't. you just wrote a bad script and decided to film it.
>>
>>81285882
He barely adds to the movies senpai
>>
>>81285798
>In the beginning he's in a sort of rage that's caused by Lex's taunting notes (reminding Batman that all he's done has been for nothing, he locks up guys, they escape and kill and rape again)
So uh.. why does that make him want to murder Superman?
>>
>>81286014
Yeah but killing him in the first 10 minutes seems a little disrespectful to the character, hell he wasn't even named during the movie, just on the credits
>>
>>81285970
>It all goes downhill after the first kiss.
Wow, that's some next level foreshadowing. Then they proceed to make up before an explosion causes superman to fly away. What a shitty film.
>>
>>81286076
Snyder wasn't ever going to add him anyway
>>
>>81286076
I can see where you're coming from.
>>
Actually it was good.

Technically flawed, but more than the sum of its parts.
>>
>>81284580
Triggered much?
>>
>>81285882
>>81286076
What?! Wow. The more you talk about the movie, the worse it gets. Like Wonder Woman stopping a full-fledged Zodoom blast with just her gauntlets and superman getting wrecked when he tried to do the same with his heat vision.
>>
File: (PAIN).png (76 KB, 1223x675) Image search: [Google]
(PAIN).png
76 KB, 1223x675
>watching the interviews
>"it's too deep man, i could hardly keep up XD"
>>
I don't get whats so wrong about this movie? I love the murder and shit, I mean fuck if I was superman I wouldn't be saving people I'd just kill the fuck out of them. Batman was great too, I thought he was just a faggot but he totally killed that flamethrower guy. DESU I think it was gay that batman didn't kill superman, but I totally get it because they had to kill Lex. I think its pretty cool that Doomsday looked like a nigger so Superman could kill a nigger without making normies mad
>>
>>81285999
>If you had bother to leave clues, then it's fine
Louis Lane is a straight line to superman. Pretty big clue as to how he cracked the case.
>>
>>81286022
>So uh.. why does that make him want to murder Superman?
Because he blames superman. The existence of superman undermines everything he has done.

He's been pulling weeds but superman is a fucking oak tree.
>>
File: ibelieveyou2.gif (259 KB, 1000x793) Image search: [Google]
ibelieveyou2.gif
259 KB, 1000x793
>>81285997
It is ambiguous. There is some some sort of splatter behind the gun, but whether or not it is a kill shot or just wounding him is up to debate. Either way it proves that Batman does uses guns even he pushed to the limit.
>>
>>81286022

Because he blames Superman and thinks Clark is a menace. He doesn't know that Clark grew up on a farm and had decent parents.

Also because his ego was kinda out of whack. One day you're a badass ninja in a bat costume, the next two gods are tearing apart the city and killing thousands of people in collateral damage. Makes you feel small and insignificant.

>>81286097

He was but his purpose was to die because it enforces the whole "you can;t save everyone" thing the moves have,.
>>
File: 1452035606173.webm (367 KB, 372x440) Image search: [Google]
1452035606173.webm
367 KB, 372x440
>>81286119
>>
If Bruce is as rich as Luthor and is supposedly the world's greatest detective AND has the biggest hate boner in the world against Sups, how come he wasn't able to figure out who he was?
>>
>>81286288
Man, you're really not letting up on that one sentence that goes against 30+ years of a family hiding an alien from the government, a man hiding his own identity well into his adulthood, and the secrets they buried, huh?
>>
>>81286368
He didn't think Superman was anyone but just an alien.
>>
>>81286415
Not in this continuity.
>>
What ruined the big moment we all were waiting for, the actual Batman VS Superman was the fact that all tension was eradicated the moment Luthor blackmailed Superman into fighting, Clark obviously didn't wanted to fight and he sure as hell was not going to kill Batman.
Batman beating Superman with a fucking sink was hilarious though
>>
File: Batman.jpg (14 KB, 185x272) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
14 KB, 185x272
>>81286327
>It is ambiguous.
Clearly a non lethal shoulder-hit, the mutant was using the baby for cover, and it's CLEARLY not a headshot.

Not to mention that the entire encounter with the Joker hammers home that Batman still hasn't broken his no-kill rule to that point, and won't even kill the Joker at the end in retaliation for multiple child-murders. Joker has to kill himself to make Batman look like a killer in the eyes of the authorities.

You really have to have a grade-school reading/comprehension level to believe that Batman gunned down that one mutant..
>>
>>81286463
What made Luthor think otherwise?
>>
>>81286531
I think he wanted to find Superman, realized Lois was his best bet, and discovered along the way.
>>
>>81286531
Because in this narrative Lex and Bruce switched their comic viewpoints of Superman.
>>
>>81286488
Well, one sentence does not convince someone they have the answer. Unless this was another religious allegory and we are just supposed to believe that Lex found out that Superman was Clark Kent without any proof except faith.
>>
It's not that he guessed out of the blue that Superman was Clark Kent.

He just followed Lois TO Superman.
The rest is inherent.
>>
>>81286601
That actually makes more sense than it should
>>
>>81286699
It's not that weird, it's just a different interpretation of the characters.
>>
>>81281842
technically unsound(editing, narrative structure, characterization).
>>
>>81285936
His parents did. They instilled the core concepts like doing right, and good for the world.

But you can't teach a child tough choices. That kind of comes from experience. I'm sure somewhere he was against the idea of killing. But even still, we're talking about someone with an unbreakable will that could only be beaten by extreme measures. A seasoned Superman may have found an alternative, but I'm not arguing that. Him, in his state, did what he could, was overwhelmed with the Kryptonians he had to face, and ultimately made a choice he soon swiftly regretted as you can tell from the sheer pain it caused him upon doing it.

You are completely off base with your generalizations. He's not a man that kills. He's a flawed hero that's learned a valuable lesson that would follow him from there.

Or are you actually trying to suggest superheroes are never allowed to learn? I'm sure that sat real well with Spider-man, which is why ever issue since his origin was about how he continued to be an asshat and let petty crimes act as small butterfly flaps.
>>
>>81286691
How? Superman has been keeping his identity a secret for a long time. Is he going to slip up now, when he not only has his own and family lives at stakes, but now that of another living being who isn't even related to him? Come on.
>>
>>81286802
>>81285936

Snyder said he had Clark kill Zod so that Clark would have a reason to have a no-killing rule when he could help it. If Clark can reason with his enemy he will not kill them but someone like Doomsday or Darkside are fair game.
>>
>>81286366
Does it upset you that Age of Ultron has a 75%, yet is completely unwatchable?
>>
>>81284580
I am not talking about cop and robbers bullshit or what OUR world would be like. I am talking about a fictional world where there are men and women so powerful they can choose not to kill in the hope of changing mankind.

If we cant find the compassion within ourselves to save the worst of us from themselves, then there is no hope for humans.
>>
>>81281842
>zack snyder has literally made nothing but bad movies
>why was this so bad guys
I can't believe /co/ is this fucking dumb. Not only that, but this place will still get hyped when Justice League trailers go out and AGAIN have endless threads about how shit it was and apologists will just stick their heads in the sand blaming critics.
>>
>>81286878
I think we complain about Clark killing Zod so much because of how the movie ended without adressing this or the fact that thousands died on Metropolis.
Snyder's statements only made sense when people started to complain about the "Man of Murder" but as a casual movie goer the impression that we had when MoS ended was that Clark just killed Zod and the next day he was all smiles and cheery
>>
The only reason that batman doesn't kill superman is because both their mothers are named Martha

Try and convince me that this isn't one of the stupidest moments in cinematic history
>>
>>81287031
To be fair 300 and Watchmen were pretty good
After MoS I lost all hope I had for this movie
>>
>>81283750
Fanboys are the worst.

As hard as this might be for you to understand , not all of us think any one comic company is better and frankly its that type of thinking that ruins comics and guarantees we never get another DC/Marvel cross over.
>>
>>81287041
The problem is capestuff works better in a serial format.
>>
>>81287073
All they had to do was Superman say "You gotta save my mom" instead of "You gott save Martha"
Then Batman would have been like "Oh shit, this guy ain't just an alien psycho, he's actually a momma's boy just like me!"
But no we had to have Lois come in and solve the problem
>>
>>81286952
>Age of Ultron
>unwatchable
How so, i mean apart from the fact you're a DC fanboy and Marvel can do no right?
>>
>>81286327
>it ambiguous
No shot in the head. No killshot.
>>
>>81281842
Snyder looks like old Mike Matei. Just as punchable.
>>
Zack is the problem and funny enough, Kevin Smith summed it up nicely.
>“There seems to be a fundamental lack of understanding of what those characters are about. It’s almost like Zack Snyder didn’t read a bunch of comics, he read one comic once, and it was Dark Knight Returns, and his favorite part was the last part where Batman and Superman fight. But … you get to do that in that book because you’ve got three books prior to that and 50 years at that point of comic book history to build on.”

He also clearly doesn't understand basic storytelling because all of his movies have serious editing problems and pacing issues.
>this movie is too straightforward, so I decided to put in this nightmare in the middle to complete stop the movie dead in its tracks and lose the audience
>I killed off Jimmy Olson for laughs and shock value because who needs em amirite
>>
>>81287331

>There seems to be a fundamental lack of understanding of what those characters are about. It’s almost like Zack Snyder didn’t read a bunch of comics

I still find it hilarious that Christopher Nolan, the poster-child for Internet spaghetti rage over someone disregarding the source material of a comic character to just tell his own story, understood the characters better then Snyder does.

Nolan at least got the intrinsic conflict between Batman vs Joker was order vs chaos, and he got how to update them into a battle of duelling ideologies borne out over a crime thriller.

Hell, fucking Bryan SInger understood the X-Men better then Snyder understands Superman/Batman, and he fully admitted he never gave a flying flippity fuck about the comic books and refused to read any before making the film.
>>
There's still hope to salvage this project, but it would require someone else putting their name on Zack's sloppy seconds. I don't think any notable director would be foolish enough to risk their credibility for a few superhero movies. DCEU deserves better. So many great heroes. So much story potential. All wasted.
>>
>>81281842
It was not. The critics were shit.
>>
File: Raughs.jpg (29 KB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
Raughs.jpg
29 KB, 600x379
>>81287788
>>
>>81287686
Just stick to the non Snyder movies, that's what I'm doing. Suicide Squad looks good and I'm somewhat interested in Wonder Woman now. I'm just going to pretend that Snyder's movies don't exist.
>>
>Superman kills Zodd
"MAN OF MURDER, MAN OF MURDER!"

>Batman kills a metric fuckton of goons

Not even a BatManSlaughter.
>>
>>81287874

It's easier to see Batman kill since he's done so in all his cinematic appearances.
>>
>>81281842

Bad editing and lack of storytelling. Miscasting Lex Luthor. Bad score by Zimmer.

That's it.
>>
File: 1456414341560.jpg (53 KB, 400x1050) Image search: [Google]
1456414341560.jpg
53 KB, 400x1050
>>81287817
Yeah, I guess that's all there is to do at this point. It still won't numb the pain of knowing the main line story is being spit-roasted by Zack and Warner Brothers.
>>
>>81282467
There was Nairomi, and when Lex got her, but when was the third time?

Truth be told the entire middle of that movie is a blur.
>>
>>81284030
>If we can make exceptions to one, this whole he can never kill aspect is pretty moot.

Trigun Style. Shoot to wound.

Perhaps he wanted to shoot him in the dick?
>>
>>81288057
>Bad score by Zimmer.
Say what you will about everything else but the soundtrack was incredible, the issue is how it was used. They took the same bits and used them over and over and over.
>>
>>81281842
No dance offs
>>
>>81289125
Vash the stampede has the brain of a supercomputer, able to effortlessly adjust for imperfections in the bullet, wear and tear on the gun, wind resistance, gravity, and trajectory
>>
>>81285079
I think the idea with the African incident was that Lex bribed/threatened all the witnesses to say that it was Superman who killed the men
>>
>>81287088
Watchmen wasn't good.
Fucking scene for scene translation and it wasn't good.
Fuck this guy.
>>
>>81285079
>>81290063
I thought the point was that Supes' involvement escalated the situation, resulting in the terrorists slaughtering people. He didn't kill them, but the violence that occurred wouldn't have happened without him is their argument.
>>
>>81281842
>narration
>dialogues
>it's not batman v superman but a "before the justice league"
>narration
>who undertsand shit about lex ? Autism is like magic, It doesn't explain shit...
>Doomsday and the death of superman
>dialogues
>Batman is dumb

Snyder is wrong since MOS.
We won't have a decent superman/batman movie in this century.
>>
>>81292495
Oh god and I forget Hans Zimmer.
This is funny how is music can resume a movie.
Interstellar was trippy, Inception strained, bvs shitty.
>>
I legit think the intern handled the editing for this and the director isn't very good
>>
>>81281842
nothing, film lived up to what i wanted in nearly every way
>>
>>81287031
>watchmen
>300
>Dawn

Ill give you the others, but MoS was decent and BvS was damn good
>>
>>81286867
It's not about slipping up at all.

The Snyders gave an interview with Empire the other day where they said that along with every thing else they wanted to play with the idea that Lex was smart enough to see through it.
>>
>>81287817
I disagree completely. Wonder Woman has Snyder's influence all over it, and Suicide Squad just looks terrible, with ASM-level redesigns (seriously wtf is going on with Killer Croc). I have no hope for their movies. At least the comics are somewhat readable, which is more than what I can say for Marvel though.
>>
>>81281842
Gal Gadot ruined this movie. Anyone that disagrees is a low test emasculated beta cuck.
>>
>>81283479
She got to kiss Cavill's stomach, so she doesn't get to complain about anything.
>>
>>81292965
do you wanna talk about it anon?
>>
>>81292958
the fuck you on about, croc's the only one other then katana to look just like his comic version
>>
File: Odyssey15.jpg (1 MB, 1280x2015) Image search: [Google]
Odyssey15.jpg
1 MB, 1280x2015
>>81285014
>he proceeds to unload them at a trainful of civilians
He fired them over their head to quickly get them off a train that was about to explode.
>>
File: Odyssey16.jpg (1 MB, 1280x2010) Image search: [Google]
Odyssey16.jpg
1 MB, 1280x2010
>>81293479
>>
>>81281842
I was really looking forward to this movie but my experience went:

Cool they're doing a TDKR type story line
no wait they are doing flash point
or wait are the doing Injustice?
Why is Batman Frank Castle now?
Is Lois completely retarded?
Wait why is Luthor a hipster bitch?
OH COOL they're introducing the other Justice Leaguers ..wait no they're not
WHO IS PLAYING THIS OMINOUS MUSIC AT ALL THE WRONG TIMES
"do you bleed?" "you will" WHAT?
>SAVE MARTHA!
>WUT YOU SAY?
I need a helicopter! Sure thing Lois! we can't have only 1 irrelevant woman Character in the big final showdown tumblr will roast us!
Wait Doomsday now? soooooo this is the Death of Superman story arc now?
WONDER WOMAN OUT OF FUCKING NO WHERE!
Wait...so...Luthor is autistic or crazy like the joker why has he been doing all this?
Doomsday explodes now?
Normie says: Is that The Hulk
Good thing Lois was there to get the spear! GIRL POWAH!
Why does WW have an weird middle eastern accent?
So..we ARE doing the Death of Superman story line....k

Batman: We need to get the other meta-humans
WW: cause why?
Batman: cause they will FIGHT?
Fight who? remember that weird dream sequence earlier in the movie did you see the big Omega sign in the dirt and the Parademons? Well those were easter eggs! DARKSIED IS COMING!
Oh wait you don't follow DC lore? oh..well then that won't make sense to you
>>
>>81282363

Oi, Amy Adams was good. The rest, not so much.
>>
>>81294044
>>81282363
I feel like Cavill is a decent Superman, he just needs a movie with better writing and direction. Amy Adams, idk, she's a good actress, I just don't think she's a good Lois.

This movie would've sucked balls if not for Batfleck. As it is it was pretty bad with him, but at least he was decent.

The opening scene was the best damned scene in the movie.
>>
>>81293896
>Good thing Lois was there to get the spear! GIRL POWAH!
Funny thing is, it's kind of her fault Superman died.

>Batman throws away spear
>For some reason, Lois picks it up, and throws it into water, which is not explained
>Batman realizes they need the spear, tries to get to it, gets held up
>There's a throwaway line about him not being able to find it (no shit, Lois took it away and dropped it into a pool of water)
>Lois goes back for it (though no one told her they need it) and traps herself in the well (what was that pool of water anyway? Was it a pool? Because it seemed way too small to be a pool)
>Since Batman can't find it, he goes back to fighting Doomsday with Wonder Woman (at this point, if he had the spear, he could have just given it to Wonder Woman and she could have used it with no problem)
>Superman has to save Lois, get weakened by the kryptonite and then, since by this point everyone is getting their ass handed to them by Doomsday, he has to do it himself

'Twas beauty that killed the beast.
>>
I bet Snyder is praying for it to pass 1 billion
If WB gives him the boot he has nowhere to go
>>
>>81281842
I liked it, went with the mind set that this is suppose to be an injustice thing, and because in my countries dub version bat man doesn't say 'I thought she was with you", but "yes she is my [single word for an old wife man above 50+ can only use]". when he said it the whole cinema burst in to laughter. It may not be the movie some or even a lot people wanted, but it was ok. Not saying that it is perfect. It is clearly material for 4-5 hours of film fit in to 2+hours.
>>
>>81294115
executive producer and writer
>>
>>81283605
I thought he said Lois was right.
In which Superman had a difficult time saying anything with a boot to his neck til Lois showed up to drive home the importance of the name Martha but what if that part didn't happen?

He uses the Superman, he's toast and Doomsday shows up.

Did the dream actually prevent Batman from going forward with it?
>>
>>81294115
He could go to Lionsgate or Legendary they'll take anyone or Blumhouse they seem to be the home of second chances
>>
>>81294192
>bat man doesn't say 'I thought she was with you", but "yes she is my [single word for an old wife man above 50+ can only use]
wait what? he said they're married? that's retard, wtf
>>
>>81293479
Yes. Like a goddamned lunatic who doesn't understand what ricochets are. What's your point? If it's that he wasn't using them as weapons, he does that and kills a guy with them a few pages later.
>>
>>81283904
>Use your imagination.
It's a fucking movie, is it too much to ask Snyder to SHOW us something? Like showing Batman and Superman becoming allies before Bruce goes "I have failed him" at his funeral? That line is complete flat. How did he failed Clark? The movie never showed them building a relationship. Hell, he almost killed the guy if not for a coincidence happening.
>>
>>81283709
This really bugged me.
0 scene where Batman acknoledges Superman as a peer crime fighter
1 scene with Lex's piss jar.

>WHY?
>>
>>81293896
In all fairness, the Martha bit wasn't that bad considering a good way to fuck with the Bat is to bring up his parents.
>>
>>81283904
> imagination
> In a movie
It's called BAD DIRECTING, anon. If you want imagination go read a book.
>>
>>81294090
>I feel like Cavill is a decent Superman
This honestly.
So far my favourite moment with him as Superman, is when he takes the drone out of the sky, and talks to the general (or whatever he was) face to face like they're both just ordinary people, trying to do good.
I hate this moment in terms of the movie itself and the jarring tone change, but he's really bringing out superman in it.
It could've been better if instead of crashing the multi-million drone, he instead brought it down in his hands over his head, putting it down next to the general as a sign of good will, but hey, at least while he was speaking, he felt like a really good Superman.
>>
>>81281842
Pacing, they crammed two, possibly three movies worth of material into one.
>>
>>81282363
I will maintain that Luthor wasn't Jesse Eisenberg's fault. He's played Luthorian characters before and was excellent in those roles. His failure in this movie is 100% director/writer based.
>>
>>81293896
>"do you bleed?" "you will" WHAT?
Are you fucking retarded?
>super powerful indestructible alien god destroys half a city without even damaging his suit
>destroys his super expensive ultra armored car by standing
>this is me showing you mercy, human bitch
>hey alien, lemme ask you something, do you even bleed?
>why fly away? do you not even know yourself? well, you will after I'm done with you
>>
>>81297429
He's not saying the lines don't make sense in context. He's saying that they're terrible corny-ass lines with enough edge to split a fucking hair.
>>
>>81282363
i agree
henry though? why? I mean he's not perfect but he sure as hell is not bad
>>
>>81286952
???
which movie did you watch
i'm a dc fag and i just watched AoU yesterday and it wasn't half bad
>>
>>81281842
>Cavill looks ridiculously good even filled with despair
How
>>
>>81297235
>Luthor
>fault

He was manic, sure, but he was great.
If you looked at the soul of Luthor, Eisenberg's take is what your would see.
>>
>>81294103
>For some reason, Lois picks it up, and throws it into water, which is not explained
I assumed it was to keep Supes safe. But I don't like to think too hard about this movie. I've already wasted enough time doing that.
>>
File: 130026793262.png (51 KB, 324x246) Image search: [Google]
130026793262.png
51 KB, 324x246
>>81281842
Well, I loved it.
>>
>>81298546
I don't know, my first thought was that too, but then why drop it in a pool of water?
If they're already gone, Superman isn't going to be any more safe from it if it's 100 yards away and in a bit of water, than if it's where they left it.
>>
>>81282467
Complaining about Lois getting captured in a Superman movie is like complaining about lightsabers in a Star Wars movie or quips in a Marvel movie. The fuck were you expecting, son?
>>
Even being drunk didn't save this movie for me. The ham handed build up for the Justice League was ridiculous and broke the pace of an already scattered plot. As cool as the Knightmare was, the Flash thing right after pushed it way too far. And then the fucking flash drive thing right before the fucking title battle. Save that shit for after the credits so it doesn't interrupt the mood.

Save Eisenberg, I think all of the actors are great. They're just held back by super shitty writing and directing. Affleck and Irons pulled through, and Amy sometimes does when she's not being used as a plot device, but Cavill...poor Henry. He's more of a superman in real life, with that presence, smile, and charisma, then they ever let him be in the movies.

Eisenberg, though....I thought most of his lines were great lines for Lex. But a GOOD Lex. Someone with a strong voice and presence. Try to imagine Clancy Brown saying those lines with that great cadence he does and it improves 200%

And the action....Christ. Sometimes it was excellent and sometimes it was just too fucking much. Was disco ball doomsday really necessary?
>>
>>81299513
Oh and I forgot the worst part. The Death of Superman. You have to EARN that. People have to care. You give this dude a movie and a half, liberally, to establish himself. You barely develop his character in a meaningful way and his only real relationships are with ghost dad, mom, and Lois.

When superman died in the comics it was after years of being seemingly invincible and an integral part of what made that universe tick. You could almost feel the pain and loss of not only the entire DC universe but also of all the friends he lost. All of the friends that knew damn well Clark always had their back. They didn't fucking earn the Death of Superman, they shoehorned it in
>>
>>81294370
jesus, people like you are why cinema is shit most of the time nowadays.
>>
>>81296667
you serious nigga?
>>
This is serious:

http://nypost.com/2016/03/30/batman-v-superman-is-too-smart-for-marvel-fans/
>>
>>81287031
Because it's not /co/. It's the cancerous people who still think /co/ is some hive-minded anonymous cell of comics.
>>
They should have done loosely like this with each film showly revealing more and more characters.
>Man of Steel
>Man of Steel 2
>Batman
>Wonder Woman
>The Flash
>Justice League
I understand if they don't want to follow the way Marvel is doing it, but if it works it works. Also should've had different writers and director but the damage has already been done.
>>
>>81301518
well its not wrong
>>
>>81301518
People look for any excuse to make sense of them enjoying something that they can tell isn't good.
>>
>>81301518
>Too smart
It's "too smart" the same way Atlas Shrugged is "too smart".
It manages to say in a 10 000 words to 20-somethings, what a 50s dad drinking whiskey on a fishing trip can explain to his 5 year old son in 10.
>>
>>81301815
but it was good, no excuses needed
>>
Horrible structure and characterization issues

I dare you to show me a conversation in this movie that lasted a full minute that isn't just Jesse Eisenberg committing career suicide on screen.
Hell, I don't even think there's many scenes that last a minute.
The film has no flow, no sense of build-up or character progression.
It's 2,5 hours of trailer fodder footage with nary a moment that makes it feel like a movie that has a purpose of its own.
>>
>>81301755
Maybe this movie was "too smart" if you're still in High School. I haven't heard another adult say anything other than it's not worth a second watch.
>>
>>81301878
Your opinion doesn't merit anything.
It's been broken down and analyzed all over the place.
The entire movie was badly made and horribly executed.
>>
>>81301891
explain why it wasnt, what i saw was a brilliant character study of a broken batman fuelled by hatred, leading him to destruction while superman sees the effect he causes on the modern day world.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.