[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can forgive the sloppy story, I can forgive the at times bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 22
File: wp_ss_20160330_0001.png (2 MB, 1824x949) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160330_0001.png
2 MB, 1824x949
I can forgive the sloppy story, I can forgive the at times bad special effects, I can even forgive them making Lex a joker wannabe, but I cant forgive what they did to batman. Has Snyder never heard of batman before? He never uses guns or kills, ever.
>>
golden age and TDKR
>>
When did bats kill in tdkr?
>>
>>81275728

Like once, when the mutant kid was holding the little girl hostage

Shot the sap right in the face with a light machinegun (which, it's worth noting, he didn't bring, he just stole it)

But that's the only instance
>>
>>81275421
Pleb opinion
>>
>>81275421
shut up
>>
https://www.google.com/search?q=batman+using+guns&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjVpqP9yenLAhUFHR4KHYI1DzcQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=_
>>
File: 1453866384850.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1453866384850.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2951
Snyder is clearly basing his Batman off of best Batman
>>
File: 1453866420035.jpg (3 MB, 3900x2998) Image search: [Google]
1453866420035.jpg
3 MB, 3900x2998
>>
Every single cinematic batman has killed. Shut up already.
>>
>>81275421

He has actually killed people... with a gun
>>
>>81275421

"A fitting end for his kind."

Besides in the original comics, TDKR, several other Elseworlds, just about every movie, and that time he bricked up KGBeast and left him to die.
>>
Having him kill and use guns does seem a bit much to me. Like his whole character arc in the movie is about the trauma over his parents' murder, yet they decide to cut down his two big rules that derive from that very same trauma? It just doesn't feel right. One or the other might have been fine, but getting rid of both?
>>
>>81277782
>every single cinematic batman has been shit
That's just all the more reason to complain
>>
>>81275421
Who did he kill? Explosions are disgregarded cause they always have been. KGBeast totally survived being lit on fire. Please tell me.
>>
>>81278846
He only actively used a gun in the Knightmare, which a post-appocolypse world ruled by Darkseid/Superman. At that point it'd be retarded if Bruce still refused to use a gun.
>>
>>81275421
but but but OP what about all the elseworlds or the couple months back when the character was first invented, or the movies ALSO made by people who don't read comics?

checkmate athetitsts
>>
File: hrumph.jpg (96 KB, 626x583) Image search: [Google]
hrumph.jpg
96 KB, 626x583
>>81275479
>TDKR
>implying that counts
>>
>>81275762
He doesn't shoot him in the face. He shoots him but not in the face. The shot position implies its the shoulder.

If he shot a guy in the face he wouldn't have had any qualms about using rubber bullets (promise) with the mutants or stopping himself from killing the joker.
>>
>>81278934
He uses a grenade launcher, a sniper rifle, and turrets on the Batmobile. They might not shoot bullets, but it just feels ridiculous. Especially since they could have just used batarangs for a lot of that stuff.
>>
>>81275421
I don't mind him killing in and of itself because this is its own universe. and every batman in a movie has killed. But my main issue is that he kills in this universe......but the joker is still alive.

In tim burtons batman he kills the joker. cos why wouldnt he, he dont give a shit. oh well people die not his problem. So joker comes he fights he dies.

Why would the joker in this universe still be puttering around if batman kills people. Why would he let the guy who murdered his surrogate son and sidekick live but blow guys away in his batmobile and batwing with impunity.
>>
He used a shot gun to blow the guys fuel pack away, he jacked a dudes machine gun and fired it at people, he actively killed several people in the car chase scene.
>>
>>81275421
Batman going out of his way to not hurt or not kill dangerous criminals is a really childish rule that most people including me would laugh at
>>
Wasnt the whole point of the bat brand/lex scene was to convey the idea that Bruce realized how ruthless he had gotten and decided to pull his punches again?
>>
File: 1425674847792.png (307 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1425674847792.png
307 KB, 403x403
>>81275421
>complaining about the guns
>not the lack of detective work, or reasonability when it comes to Supes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the case of Superman and Batman fighting, isn't Batman always the one to try talking first? Why is it that Batman ignored Superman who asked for his help, twice?
>>
>golden age
if they were going to take characters from their different ages, why couldn't Snyder given us silver age superman instead of this shit show
>>
What if he's only recently started going fucking brutal on criminals because of what happened in Man of Steel? I feel like that's what Alfred was referring to about the rage and good men turning cruel. As if at this point in his life, this version of Batman was at his most merciless.
>>
>>81275762
He kills the joker
>>
>>81280298
Well we got detective work in regard to the boat carrying kryptonite. But heres where Bruce failed big time: he never saw superman as a person. The idea of him having a family, a mom, or even relating to humanity never occurred to him. You can his fear was a mixed pot of the meteropolis destruction, robins death, his years in gotham, and the knightmare. But yeah Bruce is still an idiot for not hearing him out first
>>
OP here, I guess it's fine to take some liberties with characters, but for the main DCCU (if thats what we're calling it) I would have liked to see a more traditional batman.
>>
>>81280502
I think the tie in comic relates to this. Bruce isnt the big fish anymore. That combined with the trauma of metropolis/robin probably drove him to be so ruthless
>>
>>81280298
This too. Also they said he had been crime fighting for 20 years, They really expect us to believe he has never encountered someone with super powers before?
>>
im pretty sure that bats being opposed to guns fundamentally is a more recent thing, since gun control and columbine
>>
>>81280298
>not the lack of detective work
Oh fuck off don't sit there and pretend the DCEU Batman is the only one that isn't doing any detective work.
>>
>>81275728
Are you joking? He finally murders the Joker.
>>
>>81280648
To be fair, I think this is the first time hes met someone on supermans power level. Killer Croc, maybe even Clayface for all we know, but certainly not the weird shit thats now popping up as stated in Suicide Squad
>>
>>81279480
>>implying that counts
Considering that this is the version that this Batman is based off of
It does
>>
So essentially your argument boils down to...

>not muh batman
>>
>>81280225
then why are there living batman villains?
cool he kills people fine....why spare just the really bad ones?
>>
>>81280673
>other people did it do it's ok
>>
>>81280225
It makes more sense than killing everyone except the Joker. At least Burton's Batman killed the main bad guy and not just a bunch of thugs. Cme to think of it, why didn't Batman kill Lex in this movie?
>>
>>81280172
>tosses one of Joker's henchmen off a bell tower to his death
>ensnares The Joker with a grappling hook to a heavy stone gargoyle causing him to fall to his death
> sends a remote controlled Batmobile to blow up Ace chemical and everyone inside

>Smiles at a Penguin henchmen before kicking him into a hole with a live grenade and walking away as he explodes.

>throws a bunch of coins at Two-Face (supposedly his best friend) causing him to fall to his death.

>Sets the temple base of operations of the League of Shadows on fire killing dozens including fake Ra's.

>Speeds recklessly down gotham freeway, destroying property and pancaking police and civilian cars.

>Kills Two-Face( yet again) by shoving him to his death after The Joker makes him break his "one rule"

I giess Batfleck was keeping with tradition
>>
>>81280673
But this is Batman, the guy whoes comics his company is named after (Detective Comics), the world's greatest detective, the goddamn BATMAN, and he didn't know who Supes was? Didn't bother to investigate him at all? Hell the film portrayed Lex as a better detective than Bruce.

I just found that one moment to be completely out of character for Batman, beyond that I liked the film. Give it an 8/10
>>
>>81280971
No he isn't. The joker and other batman villains are still puttering around. The tradition would be if he killed other people AND the super villain.
>>
File: 1402950199717.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1402950199717.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>mah golden age
What the fuck does that prove? Superman used to only jump high in his early days does that mean he shouldn't fly anymore?
>mah TDKR
It was an elseworlds story you mongoloids, It was purposely made to be different from the popular interpretation of Batman. He was a cynical old conger in an equally cynical world and was by no means supposed to represent something you follow.
>mah Burton films
You know what? Unpopular opinion time here, they were shit Batman films. Great films but poor Batman adaptations. More to the point, the public didn't give a shit about how they characterized Batman then because wasn't anywhere near as popular as he is now and thus could get away with. Nowadays even the most casual of casuals knows about Batman and his no kill rule, there is no excuse for this
>>
>>81279903
>But my main issue is that he kills in this universe......but the joker is still alive

We have a winner.

People are quick to say "Batman only started killing since Jason was taken and tortured!", which is true. But then the entire logic at work here is that Batman has not come across the Joker at all since that event, and has not had the opportunity to kill him. And considering that the Joker lives to cause Batman trouble, that's extremely hard to believe.

Most, if not all of Batman's rogues gallery should be dead. Otherwise, he's killing thugs, but leaving the most dangerous people alive.
>>
>He never uses guns or kills, ever.

Remember that time Batman blew someone up with dynamite? Hey what about that time Paul Dini wrote a comic where Batman pushes a purse snatcher into an oncoming train?
>>
>>81280784
Pretty sure that guy's casual and thinks you mean Dark Knight Rises.
>>
>>81281060
>It was an elseworlds story you mongoloids
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? It's the fucking source material for this movie, retard. It also helped define modern Batman more than probably any other story. I don't know where it's written that you should only base characters off of mainline DC canon, especially since defining stories like that and All Star Superman aren't canon.
>>
File: 1401417935823.png (334 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1401417935823.png
334 KB, 640x464
Doesn't Superman kill too?

If so, as bullshit as it was, it completely kneecaps the whole justification for Superman killing Zod being the starting point of him never killing again
>>
>>81275421
Except in all the previous movies.
>>
>>81281376
He could have just broken the Warlords hand before he fired. Didnt really need to send him through 5 walls
>>
>>81281507
Shit man, he literally could have held his hands like a child. He could have melted the barrel of the gun with his heat vision, He could have lightly flicked his forehead.
Instead, he slammed him through like, 3 concrete walls.
>>
>Batman is willing to kill...
>but only if you're a henchman nobody or a random thug
>dangerous villains with names who will undoubtedly show up and kill again, receive only a slap on the wrist
>rape somebody, and you get the brand
>orchestrate the death of thousands, and you get a love tap
>>
>>81281575
You could argue that his heat vision could ignite the gunpowder in the bullets thus hurting Lois but yeah this could have been handled better. I mean its not a great way to start this movie
>>
>>81281337
> It's the fucking source material for this movie, retard.
No it isn't you tard, Snyder even said all they did was take elements from it and they couldn't even do that right. This is supposed to be an introduction to the DC universe for a public that only knows Batman and Superman. How the fuck does mostly adapting a non-canon story with no context on how things got that way do that?
>>
>>81281575
You could've turned the gun into steam, the bullets into mercury, the bottle into goddamned snowflakes but you didn't, did you? You really don't give a damn about human beings. You're driftin' out of touch, Supes. Lex help us all.
>>
>>81281746
Post of the night Anon, 10/10.
>>
>>81281746
I just pictured Clark walking around nude all the time
>Its time you learned how to put on pants
>>
>>81281652
>It's not the source material, they just took it!
You realize that using something as a source doesn't mean you're adapting it.... right?

and
>no context
Except the first fucking film. Are they supposed to pretend MoS didn't happen?
>>
>>81281652
DC themself have said they stopped giving a shit about what's canon and what isn't, there's only stories, and some of those stories are sequels to others
>>
Anyone have any idea what the flash time travel scene was about? Foreshadowing for the next movie?
>>
>>81281037
>The joker and other batman villains are still puttering around

Do we know that for sure? Does Suicide Squad take place post-BvS? Maybe Batman has been killing the fuckers off
>>
File: fry.gif (676 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fry.gif
676 KB, 500x375
>>81281904
The "source material" is the entire DC universe catalogue. They for some godforsaken reason chose TDKR as a base. You were the one who claimed it had to be slavishly devoted to it, despite it not being canon in the slightest. Because hey, Batman "killed" in that, why shouldn't he here HUH!?

> Are they supposed to pretend MoS didn't happen?
Oh yes, I remember the Batman sub-plot in MoS and the Wonder Woman plot too! How could I forget such wonderful buildup, not like Diana's inclusion was an afterthought and Snyder doesn't know how to make proper character motivations.
>>
>>81275421
>I can forgive the sloppy story, I can forgive the at times bad special effects, I can even forgive them making Lex a joker wannabe,

See, I don't give a shit about "character truism" beyond admiring when it's faithful because these characters change a lot over time and anyone who thinks otherwise mostly isn't as knowledgable about comics as they think they are.

On the other hand a movie with poor editing, weird pacing, and plot holes will STILL have poor editing, weird pacing and plot holes decades from now.
You can tell that they scrapped the entire thing and restarted it from scratch six months ago because the writing and story are sloppy as hell.
>>
File: Itchy_&_Scratchy_Land_41.jpg (102 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Itchy_&_Scratchy_Land_41.jpg
102 KB, 576x432
>>81282075
>DC themself have said they stopped giving a shit about what's canon
Well fuck them too. No wonder I'm with Image and IDW now
>>
>>81281060
>they were shit Batman films

seriously Batman Returns is almost fucking unwatchable, not even joking. I'd watch Batman & Robin a million times before I'd sit through that shit again.
>>
This is why I only discuss capeshit movies on /tv/

You are a idiot.
>>
>>81282403
Mask of the Phantasm is Batman's only good movie
>>
>>81282245
We know it takes place after superman appeared. So unless batman only just started killing random thugs with impunity it stands to reason hes the hardnosed no nonsense fuck the world batman we see in BvS.
>>
>>81282466
I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely the best one

but if we're allowing animated movies into the ring, then there's no fucking contest for live-action films, Red Hood and TDKR and Phantasm blow everything out of the water

>>81282527
oh well fuck it then, that is bullshit
maybe he'll kill Leto's Joker and we'll never see him again
>>
File: QW_001_COVER_SOOK.jpg (428 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
QW_001_COVER_SOOK.jpg
428 KB, 781x1200
>>81282400
NO VALIANT!?
dude if you haven't read em check out the new line they started a few years back. Its so goddamn refreshing.
Particularly XO manowar, quantum and woody, and my personal fav Archer and armstrong.

Archer and armstrong is like johnny quest meets indiana jones, meets hercules.
>>
>>81282184
It was referring to the knightmare possible future involving Darkseid
>>
>>81275479
TDKR isn't Batman, it's old batman from the future. If Snyder wanted TDKR, why didn't he just make it. Fuck.
>>
>>81282403
I enjoy batman returns...but holy hell its a bad movie. It looks AMAZING the sets, the style, the visuals. But its an incoherent fucking mess with no sensible character motivation. Its a joy for me to watch though. Its just silly as shit.

>>81282466
EHHHH nah. Maybe theatrical release but if were counting animated ones come on. The dark knight returns two parters were kick ass. Id actually hazard those are in my opinion the best batman films of all time (animated or live action).

though mask of the phantasm is fucking gnarly.
>>
>>81281245
Yeah, that pleb.
>>
>>81275999
>>81276034
This is fucking awful.
>>
>>81282527
>So unless batman only just started killing random thugs with impunity it stands to reason hes the hardnosed no nonsense fuck the world batman we see in BvS.

People do get this is exactly what happened right? That after being at ground zero 9/11 superman edition, he went off the deep end?

I feel like a lot of people don't.
>>
>>81280544
He breaks the Joker's neck and the Joker himself twists it further enough to snap himself dead.
>>
>>81282551
I still haven't seen red hood. I should probably see that.
I mean i just watched the jl vs tt movie. And i liked that even though everyone hates damian wayne. Hes so fucking adorable with raven how can i hate that.
Not to mention starfires boobs flying everywhere aint so bad.

Also as for the leto joker thing. I honestly love leto as the joker. I'm not big on the tats and i know tattoo man comes into the movie so im hoping somehow it ends up with them getting sucked off him or weaponized then destroyed or somehow gone. But beyond those...guy looks like the fucking joker. The wild cackle, the manic attitude, the 'doing this for a good time' nature, the bright green hair, the gaunt pale face. I even love the chrome grill. I mean shit batman pops you in the mouth enough your gonna have some work done.
>>
>>81282698
Really? why is it were assuming that.

We see this horrible thing happen but nothing in the film says this is why batman is brutal now more than he used to be. It doesnt even allude to that. For all we know the death of robin and the passage of time has hardened him.
>>
>>81282812
>Really? why is it were assuming that.

Because Alfred says exactly that? What do you think the powerlessness turns good men cruel speech was about?
>>
>>81282812
the bat brandings are a new thing and Alfred says something about "good men turning cruel when they're powerless" or something
>>
>>81282884
Snyder is like one of the least subtle directors around and even when it's blindingly obvious people have absolutely no idea how to process information unless it's literally spelled out to them, it's fucking amazing.

Alfred should have just said: "Bruce you used to be good with a strict moral code that would never allow you to kill a person or brand them, but now ever since Superman emerged in the battle for Metropolis in the previous film Man of Steel (2013) you've become an entirely different person who now kills people and brands them!
>>
>Every thread for the next six months
>>
File: jeffrey-dean-batman-vs.jpg (22 KB, 595x312) Image search: [Google]
jeffrey-dean-batman-vs.jpg
22 KB, 595x312
>>81275421
In apocalypse part, i think thats a reference of Bats using guns cause its Pa Wayne being batman(all that time travel thing) and if thats the case i sooo do want Pic related as Batman
>>
>>81283085
Not only that, but he specifically DIDN'T brand Lex at the end to show he's going back to his old ways and not doing that shit anymore. I mean, this place is seriously fucking retarded.
>>
>>81282340
>You were the one who claimed it had to be slavishly
Lol, you wanna point to the post where I supposedly said that?

>Batman sub-plot
Everyone fucking knows Batman. You can introduce him as an established character. Everyone knows his character motivation. They don't have to reinvent James Bond every new franchise.

>Wonder Woman
Was introduces just fine. I don't understand what you'd prefer to happen with her.
>>
>>81280679
No he didn't. He paralyzed him. Joker finished the job to frame Batman.
>>
>>81283624
It's not just this place, the reviewers too. Hell, I watched the RLM review and even they were way off on a lot of it. Not saying that anyone who doesn't like the film is a moron, but come on, people aren't even trying to understand what's happening.
>>
>>81284285
>but come on, people aren't even trying to understand what's happening.

Are you really surprised after MOS when huge portions of the most vocal detractors get basic plot points completely wrong?
>>
>>81279881

>grenade launcher

That fires smoke grenades that only harm Kryptonians

>A sniper rifle

That was used to shoot a tracking device on to a truck

>and turrets on the Batmobile

Which every recent iteration of the Batmobile has had
>>
>>81284323
my favorite was the comic that kept floating around showing Clark and Lois making out after snapping Zod's neck to complain about how little he cares about murdering someone.
>>
>>81284323
I wasn't here for the MoS fallout. What'd they screw up specifically?

The main thing I can think of is everyone bitching about "Man of Murder". He kills Zod at a moment where he's about to eye-beam a family to death, shows clear anguish over it, and people act like the character's instantly ruined.
>>
>>81279881
>but it just feels ridiculous
Was it ridiculous when it happened in the source material?
>>
>>81275479
>literally faggot: the attempted justification
>>
>>81280869

How do you know there are? The only villain we saw in this Movie was Lex and he wasn't a villain to begin with.

We can assume Joker is still alive because his in SS but him still being alive probably has to do with the fact that whenever Batman stops him he goes to Arkham and not an actual prison because his fucking insane.

Fighting the mentally handicapped and fighting hired mercenaries are two different things. I'm certain if Batman had to go toe to toe with Deathstroke it would have to be a fight to the death.
>>
>>81284559
Or maybe Batman just hasn't been killing most of his career.

if Alfred thinks that branding people is an extreme progression and is perturbed by it, wouldn't that indicate that it's unlikely Bruce has been murdering people this whole time? BvS is intended to show Bruce at his absolute most brutal. He's someone who is entirely single-minded and suicidal. He wants to kill Superman. He thinks that's more important for the Earth than anything else he's done.
>>
>>81284631

That does make sense. Also if Batman has been doing what his doing for so long theres no way a newspaper would print a Bat Brand story on the front page. It must be something he only recently started doing.
>>
>Batman kills
>B-b-but what about the Joker????

Who says he hasn't tried? Perhaps Joker just won't fucking die, no matter how much punishment Bruce inflicts on him. This is, after all, the villain who keeps seemingly to die in comics constantly only to miraculously reappear completely healthy a year later. Or he's been in Arkham for the better part of three years, because it's not a revolving door anymore. What now, faggots? My speculative head canon trumps yours!
>>
>>81284702
Honestly >>81284631 just makes the most sense to me.
>>
File: 4065113-2215848232-batma[1].gif (965 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
4065113-2215848232-batma[1].gif
965 KB, 450x248
>>81275421

What about bombs?
>>
>>81285055
It honestly kind of shocks me that we're having this discussion. There is almost no way to interpret this movie in any other way other than that Batman has just recently started doing this.

Even the Bat-Signal on the roof is covered by a tarp and implies that it's gone into disuse because he can't work with the cops anymore due to his actions.
>>
>>81275421
I wasn't crazy about MoS and this just doubles my insistence that this is one of the darker alternate earths where everyone is kind of an asshole. NOT full on evil, just a more dickish short sited and selfish version of themselves.
>>
>>81284511
>dark-knight-returns-grappling-gun
>>
>>81285764
And in the movie it's a gun used to launch tracking devices. How is one better than the other?
>>
>>81285840
Solid point.
>>
>>81285484
>It honestly kind of shocks me that we're having this discussion.
It's just another stupid meme like Man of Murder. This place needed something to bitch about, but they bitched about the least offensive thing in the movie and one with actual reasoning.
>>
>>81275728
He doesn't. /co/ apparently doesn't read comics.
>>
>>81286358
He kills a at least one goon in the movie. I'd say that's where most people get it from.
>>
>>81286615

The animated movie? They're talking about the comic.
>>
>>81275421
He's making Batman good
Get BTFO batfags, Joker wont kill a trillion people anymore
>>
>>81285675
So it's our earth then.
>>
>>81286752
Yes, the animated movie. And I know they're talking about the comic. Which is why I said that's where most people probably get it from.
>>
>>81286615
Oh, I haven't seen the animated movie. I thought they accurately portrayed the comics but I guess some don't
>>
>>81275421
>He never uses guns or kills, ever.
Except all the times he does.
>>
>>81286358
Yes, he does. When a goon threatens to kill a kid, Bats shoots him. The "I believe you" scene that was adapted in the movie.
>>
File: Barr09.jpg (121 KB, 400x662) Image search: [Google]
Barr09.jpg
121 KB, 400x662
Stole these from another website 'cause it'd be a lot faster than downloading the issues again and tearing out said examples.
>>
File: BATMAN288.jpg (62 KB, 568x250) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN288.jpg
62 KB, 568x250
>>
File: batman402.jpg (310 KB, 1024x1574) Image search: [Google]
batman402.jpg
310 KB, 1024x1574
>>
File: batman425.jpg (168 KB, 668x880) Image search: [Google]
batman425.jpg
168 KB, 668x880
>>
File: Batman425d.jpg (46 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
Batman425d.jpg
46 KB, 400x268
>>
File: Detective405-07.jpg (183 KB, 668x696) Image search: [Google]
Detective405-07.jpg
183 KB, 668x696
>>
File: 1458858061245.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1458858061245.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>Fictitious movie
>There are super powers
>Grown men running around in costumes
>Laws of the universe don't apply to them
>Demons, aliens and magic is present
>Complaining about what's logical and not
>>
>>81290802
>>81290810
>>81290820
>>81290826
>>81290839

Now let's make a few things clear. These few examples? Except for one of them they all originated from Post-Crisis Batman.

So, let's drop the whole 'BATMAN NEVER KILLS' meme OK?

Also I wasn't responsible for this >>81290847
one.
>>
>>81290810
>>81290820
>>81290826
>>81290839

These are all examples of bad guys trying to kill Batman, and getting themselves killed in the process
>>
File: what a hilarious premise (2).gif (391 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
what a hilarious premise (2).gif
391 KB, 500x372
>>81279903
Because maybe in this universe, the Joker is a criminal mastermind and has always had some kind of unbeatable plan in place to prevent Batman from killing him.

>>81275421
Bruce had a speech talking about how many good men stayed good, and I felt like he was obviously self-deprecating his own moral character. Once again, this is a lot different than the Batman we're used to seeing, but this one is older and way more cynical. He seems to have practically given up trying to defeat evil in Gotham, just accepting it as a part of the world. Once upon a time, he probably was very strict about the level of violence he would use against his enemies, but after dealing with probably thousands of criminals and losing a Robin, he got softer on his rule and became more of a beast.

Also does it just kill anyone else that Batman said he will never stop crime and his fucking LEGACY was gonna be KILLING SUPERMAN?

>mfw
>>
>>81275421
That's the entire point of his arc in this movie, anon. Batman is going off the deep end and is getting increasingly unhinged. He's branding criminals with a mark that leads to certain death (prolly because he only gave it to child molesters or something)He's permanently crippling people, he's fantasizing about shooting people and blowing people up without remorse. All leading up to him finally standing over Superman about to straight up fucking murder him.

And Superman says something which shocks him, the whole martha thing flashed him back to his parents dying and reminded him of why he does this. And it also helped sink in that this guy is just someone who loves his mother, it not only humanizes Superman, but it relates him to himself. And it forces Batman to realize that he's inches from becoming the same kind of monster that took away his parents from him, in taking Superman from his mother and his girlfriend. That's why Batman looks shocked when he hears it, why he recoils in horror and throws the spear away.

Superman gets through to Batman, and makes him realize he's better than this. It's a wake up call to Batman to pull himself from the edge. And we see that at the end in the Jail with Lex, he could easily brand him, kill him ,but instead he menaces him but doesnt do it. This shows Batman has regained his moral compass. That's what the "I failed him in life, but I wont fail him in death" line was about.
>>
>>81275479
Literally one year of his entire existence during the golden age. He stopped using them by 1940, and stopped killing. TDKR is an elseworlds.
>>
>>81290942
this
>>
>>81290942
>>81291032
Yup!

>(Alfred shows Bruce newspaper with *branded* criminal)
>>A: New rules?
>>B: We're criminals Alfed; we've always been criminals. Nothing's >>changed.
>>A: Ohhhh. Yes it has sir. Everything's changed.
>(plays videos of Supes...)
>>A: Man falls from the sky. The gods hurl thunderbolts. Innocents die.
>(close-up of Bruce)
>>A: That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men cruel.

This is a *meaner* Bats indeed.
>>
>>81282636
This is a fucking adaptation of TDKR.
Normalfags don't care and comic readers probably knows which book it is.
>>
if batman had trouble with (and got his ass beat) by bane how did supes have any trouble
>>
>>81290942
>>81291628

I'm seriously starting to think that 90% of people watching this movie have an entire different movie mapped out in their brains beforehand, and when what they see doesn't match up with what they were expecting, they start crying.

It's a flawed film. But for fuck's sake, almost all of the criticisms I hear of it make no sense.

>Lex has no motivation.
He explains his motivation to the senator about how his uncle(can't remember if it was uncle or grandfather or what) had to offer flowers to a 'benevolent' dictator, and he thinks Superman will probably become a GLOBAL 'benevolent' dictator.

>Senate scenes are pointless.
They establish how frustrated and powerless Superman feels, how every time he does something good, someone erases it and does something worse. And they establish how people are still split on whether they can trust the alien god protecting them. This feeds into the finale of the film which settles that debate. Superman gave his life for the planet. He proved he's trustworthy, and proved himself as the beacon of hope.

>Batman kills.
What the fuck else is new? For every time it's been stated, in comics or movies or cartoons, that "Batman doesn't kill ever!", Batman has killed someone. Batman fucking kills, get over it. At least this movie isn't lying about it. Also, like the post I'm replying to said, this is a desperate, end-of-his-rope Batman, slowly sliding into become a rage-fueled monster. And it's Superman who shows him that.
>>
>>81292890

>Also ... (Senate scene aftermath Supes @ Lois's balcony)
>>S: I didn't see it Lois. I was standing right there and I didn't see it.
>>L: Clark, there are people behind this.
>>S: I'm afraid I didn't see it because I wasn't looking.

Too ashamed to look at an amputee victim of Day Zero. Didn't look that way to notice the wheelchair. Senate hearings should be secured anyway, right?
>>
>>81293193
Like I said, the movie's flawed. That's one of the flaws, how he even managed to sneak in the explosive. But it's a really small nit to pick, I think.
>>
>>81293266
>how he even managed to sneak in the explosive.
Metal detector used on amputee. Visual check of wheelchair (it's not like security took it apart).

It's a Lex chair! Lex gave to him. Lex cleaned him up and had his cronies meet the Senator. He's been into a senate office before with the same chair. Security and familiarity have a strange relationship.
>>
>>81293461
Oh, my bad, I forgot about the lexchair. That does make sense.
>>
>Batman 1989, movie people love
>Batman kills

>The Dark Knight, movie people love
>Batman Kills
>>
>>81293650
Man, Lex manipulated you, too?
You just got Lex'd!
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.