[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this scene really traumatize kids as badly as the legends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11
File: Battleofautobotcity.jpg (70 KB, 550x630) Image search: [Google]
Battleofautobotcity.jpg
70 KB, 550x630
Did this scene really traumatize kids as badly as the legends and rumors say?
>>
>>81275028
No. It was more optimus dying in the next scene. And yes, we were all a bunch of crying bitches when that happened that day.
>>
He emotes just fucking fine in Prime, you retard.

No, he doesn't emote at all in the films. He's either static as hell, or "GIVE ME YOUR FACE AHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRGGGH!" every scene.

TF Prime Optimus is just as good as G1 Optimus.
>>
>>81275679
Well, that came out of nowhere
>>
>>81275028
Looking back Prime really takes a beating compared to Megatron.

That final hit really fucks up Tron. And yes it was horrifying as a kid
>>
I thought the entire cast of G1 and G2 being gunned down on the bridge of their ship was worse, what with smoke coming out of their mouth and eyes.
>>
File: Optimus Prime shot.png (206 KB, 406x304) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Prime shot.png
206 KB, 406x304
>>81275796

He did kind of run into some shots.

Seriously, why didn't he dodge the pointed rock Megs threw? He had like 12 yards between him.
>>
File: 1409312077686.jpg (252 KB, 1024x663) Image search: [Google]
1409312077686.jpg
252 KB, 1024x663
Yep.
>>
A lot of kids cried when Optimus died, but the real problem was that the writers of the show just stopped fucking trying after that and it spun off into retarded tom n jerry bullshit until eventually dying so completely that Transformers had to be completely rebooted a couple years later.

For anyone living outside of Japan, 1986 and onwards was a travesty for Transformers animation.
The comics got incredible at around that same time though as more of the UK style started bleeding over (based Simon Furman)
>>
>>81275929
That's because the g1 transformers body movements seem to require premeditation. They can't react well to surprise.
>>
>>81275028

TF: The Movie tested poorly with the early focus groups they showed it to (bear in mind these were 6-10 year old kids) and saw a lot of heavy editing . Some scenes which were considered too scary were removed entirely and some were cut down a lot to make them less graphic.

No clue if the urban legend that the death scene originally had Optimus' body crumble into dust on the medical bed is anything more than a fantasy, but if it was real that was probably making a lot of kids cry.
>>
File: Ironhide death.jpg (2 MB, 1770x2104) Image search: [Google]
Ironhide death.jpg
2 MB, 1770x2104
>>
>>81276088
>No clue if the urban legend that the death scene originally had Optimus' body crumble into dust on the medical bed is anything more than a fantasy

The soundtrack for his death has an extra 10 seconds that aren't in the movie...
>>
>>81276088

Wasn't there a scene for Shockwave being shown getting killed when Unicron came to wreck shit?
>>
File: mq1.png (100 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
mq1.png
100 KB, 240x240
>>81275933
>Cool as fuck
>Optimus' second in command (on paper anyway)
>One of the only season 1 guys to survive into season 3
>Has never had a shitty interpretation in other media

Is Jazz the single greatest Autobot of all time?

>we will never have a show with Jazz as the team leader
>Enjoy your Bee Team though
>>
>>81276177

The weird thing is that most of the scenes which were removed or changed before the Movie premiered are in the comics adaption, such as Ultra Magnus being drawn and quartered by the Sweeps (a late removal from the movie), but the Prime death scene ends the same in the comic.

The comic adaption does have the original lead-up to the Megatron-Prime mutual wounding though which did not include Hot Rod jumping in and making an ass of himself.
>>
>>81276227

There was a scripted scene of Shockwave and most of the rest of the season 1-2 Decepticons being killed by Unicron's assault yes. It was never animated as far as anyone knows, just like the scene where Red Alert dies bringing down Devastator.
>>
>>81276250
Bay Movie have him ripped in half
>>
>>81276292
Sure did, but up until that point, he was the best Autobot in the movie
>>
File: megatronwounded.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
megatronwounded.jpg
454 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>81275028
It was bad enough to save Duke's life in the GI Joe movie.
>>
>>81276250

Bumblebee's been pretty great, though. Yea, they overdid beep boop mime shit, but at least he's been pretty damn competent. And now he's voiced by Batman Beyond, which is sweet.

Animated Bee was annoying though.
>>
File: duke.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
duke.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
>>81276426
That shit was great.

>Duke gets impaled in the chest by a huge cobra
>Duke gives a tearful goodbye to his brother
>Offscreen Scarlet says that Duke has gone into a coma
>End of the movie Falcon looking up at the sky and says thank you to Duke then a voice comes from no where. "Hey guys Duke is out of his coma. He's going to be OK.
>Everyone cheers.
>>
>>81275028

I know this has always been a minority opinion, but... I was born in 78. Grew up on Transformers. I was definitely the target demographic. And I was actually delighted to see Optimus die. He was too perfect. For me, as a kid, having to deal with my own insecurities and uncertainties in life, Rodimus felt like a hero I could identify with. He was someone who had to struggle and try to succeed, whereas with Optimus it always just felt like a given. He was too perfect, too self-assured, he won too effortlessly and I kind of detested him for it because it felt like he just had everything handed to him on a silver platter and was cheered on just for showing up and being who he was.

Rodimus felt like the underdog I wanted to root for. Optimus made everyone else the underdog who I rooted for against him.
>>
>>81276250
Jazz was always my favorite.

Don't like him killing human in IDW, though.
>>
File: 1452905738852.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1452905738852.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>81276250
>Is Jazz the single greatest Autobot of all time?
Is the duck the greatest Predacon of all time?
>>
>>81276250
Jazz was also the fastest autobots. Yes, even faster than blurr.
>>
>>81277300
Yeeeeessss
>>
>>81277300
Tarantulas: blatantly traitorous
Inferno: Loyal but dumb as a boot
Terrorsaur: blatantly traitorous and dead
Scorponok Loyal and dead
Blackarachnia: Traitorous for cock
Waspinator: Idiotic immortal
Rampage: Disloyal. Only controlled by spark extraction
Dinobot: Traitorous for HONOR
Quickstrike: A good soldier

Megatron had a tough time
>>
File: 876.jpg (27 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
876.jpg
27 KB, 250x188
ALL YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD
>>
File: Transformers-movie-prowl-dies.jpg (34 KB, 616x348) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-movie-prowl-dies.jpg
34 KB, 616x348
>smoke pouring from mouth
>eyes fading as life leaves the body
>>
File: WheeljackVictory1.jpg (16 KB, 220x168) Image search: [Google]
WheeljackVictory1.jpg
16 KB, 220x168
>>81278485
But Wheeljack get's better in time for Transformers Victory!
>>
>>81281750

No one cares about the JP G1 trilogy.

Being a Ginrai fan is suffering.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.