[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hire only the best talent available >sift their work through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1457317021922.jpg (86 KB, 487x738) Image search: [Google]
1457317021922.jpg
86 KB, 487x738
>hire only the best talent available
>sift their work through focus group after focus group, broadening its appeal to the lowest common denominator and destroying whatever creative vision the artists once had

Why must Disney do this?

They could still make billions if they were more daring, if they trusted themselves to their creativity they way Walt once did.

And just think of how much less bland Frozen would have been if Elsa were the villainess like she was supposed to be.
>>
>>81274579
But people now have and "expectation" of how it should be, and if they move too far away people will say it's moving away from what it was. Or something like that. And they are still doing good so I guess they are thinking, why fix what isn't broken.
>>
>>81275252
>And they are still doing good

at making money
>>
>>81274579
They make millions precisely because they carefully appeal to the widest audience possible. Trying to be daring got them their biggest box office bombs.
>>
>>81274579
>They could still make billions if they were more daring
I find that unlikely.
>>
>>81275288
Which is what they're concerned with.
>>
>>81275316
>Trying to be daring got them their biggest box office bombs.

And their greatest works, which established the company in the first place.

Stagnating creatively can't be a good long term strategy.
>>
>>81275362
As long as the pigs keep eating the slop.
>>
>>81275362
>which established the company in the first place
And this current establishment is earning them billions of dollars. Why would they rock the boat unless they started losing money?
>>
File: 1450281857794.jpg (84 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
1450281857794.jpg
84 KB, 600x602
The Force Awakens does its best to be a carbon copy of A New Hope is every way possible, doesn't it?

And when's the last time you saw an MCU movie that wasn't like every other MCU movie?

EVERYTHING is so bland!
>>
>>81274579
>how much less bland Frozen would have been if Elsa were the villainess like she was supposed to be.
It'd have been bland as fuck, yet another evil witch white queen antagonist. It wouldn't have had the same kind of emotional punch with the adult audiences and wouldn't have made as much money.

If you want to see an awesome animated version that's faithful to the story, watch the Russian Snow Queen from the 1950's. It's amazing. Disney made a good call to not try to redo that but instead to develop a different story altogether
>>
>expecting jews to respect the creative process more than making the most amount of shekels possible
Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>81276390
Interesting, um, gesture, there.
>>
File: snow-comp-41.jpg (841 KB, 1300x1003) Image search: [Google]
snow-comp-41.jpg
841 KB, 1300x1003
>>81276567
>every reaching hand is the nazi salute
You're a paranoid retard,son
>>
>>81276850
>can't take a joke
>>
>>81274579
Have you realized just today what a "corporation" is? A corporation is not a person, who can be good or bad; a corporation is a machine, built to feed its investors.
>>
>>81276935
>i-i-it was totally a joke i swear

what is Poe's law
>>
>>81277307
>not expecting jokes
>on 4chan
Son...
>>
>>81275603
My thoughts while watching TFA was that it was doing what ANH did. AoU was also kind of a rehash of the first Avengers.

Basically, when they want to follow a successful movie, they just do what made it successful. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, personally, but I guess it makes the majority of the audience like it.
>>
>>81276935
your joke was terrible though

>>81277504
You should expect your jokes to be shot down as well. This is 4chan after all.
>>
>>81274579
Frozen was more interesting BECAUSE Elsa was not the villain for once. But I agree with you about your other points.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.