[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will be better than BvS or will suffer the same fate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Suicide_Squad.jpg (438 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Suicide_Squad.jpg
438 KB, 1920x1080
Will be better than BvS or will suffer the same fate?
>>
>>81267710
Probably be better, but will suffer sales because of BvS
>>
Suicide Squad doesn't seem to take itself as seriously and has comedic relief
>>
Snyder isn't directing, so it will be a better film at least. Also it has Batman, Joker and Harley in it, it's gonna make shitloads.
>>
Well Zack attack isnt behind it, so thats a start.
>>
File: 1459284460080.png (284 KB, 500x1365) Image search: [Google]
1459284460080.png
284 KB, 500x1365
>>
>>81267710
It got two walking talking memes. Off course it will rake it shitload of dollar.
Look at Deadpool.
>>
>>81267710
Flop. Deadpool already took the jokingcapeshit title, and bvs killed any chance of DCU taking off.
>>
>>81267710
It looks memetastic so i expect 10/10 from 'critics' across the board.
>>
>>81267710
But BvS was great.
I hope Suicide Squad is at least half as good.
>>
>>81267710
Better movie, but people will complain about the tone. Both trailers crafted present different movies. The first for SDCC is more serious somewhat in tone with what BvS was trying to do (before Zack Snyder edited it into full gritty Murderverse mode.) The second trailer tries to pretend it's much more light hearted with lots of fun, pop music, and jokes. The movie is probably closer to the former than the latter and even James Gunn noted how much it seemed like an about face to copy the GotG trailer feel.
>>
>>81267710
I don't know what to expect from this movie but I feel like it has to be better than BvS.
>>
>>81267766
Joker is in it so it'll be fine
>>
>>81269286

Maybe David Ayer is a better director than both Snyder and Whedon and instead of making every character grim and humorless, or turning every character into a witty quipper, there will actually be multiple characters in Suicide Squad and some of them will be serious and stoic, while others will be lighthearted.
>>
>>81267710
gotg: edgy edition
it's gonna make bank in the long run
>>
>>81269497
Ayer is a better director, but even in his previous movies the jokes have been hit or miss. Given how much every already makes fun of any Will Smith line uttered in the trailer, I'm sure we're in for months of whining, disputing, comparing (Deadpool), praising, and ultimately hearing "It's so Reddit" until the end of time.

You could probably make that statement about any superhero movie when it comes to 4chan's co/tv/pol mixing of posters though
>>
MOM'S
>>
>>81267710
It needs to have a coherent plot.
Good characters or good chemistry between the characters.
A villain that doesn't sperg-out.

And it will already be better than BvS without even being a good movie.

BvS sets the bar so low that James Cameron needed 3 months and an experimental deep sea submarine explorer to find it and raise it.
>>
>>81269741
>Given how much every already makes fun of any Will Smith line uttered in the trailer
To be fair, "like some kinda Suicide Squad" is cringey as fuck.

I doubt "Let's go save da worl'" will ever be as iconic as "Welcome to Earf"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.