[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand why people hate this movie so much, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Hey_arnold_the_movie_poster.jpg (41 KB, 299x444) Image search: [Google]
Hey_arnold_the_movie_poster.jpg
41 KB, 299x444
I don't understand why people hate this movie so much, I always thought it was a fun movie as a kid.

Not everything Hey Arnold-related has to be about tear-jerking emotion, family issues, or harems. They've done "light" episodes before.
>>
Because if they didn't fuck about with this they could've just made a film about Arnold meeting his parents. But they did and the Jungle movie was shelved

until this year
>>
>>81262456
Actually last year
>>
>>81262456
This basically

The story wasn't movie quality, more like multi-parter quality.
>>
File: 1448962190720.jpg (92 KB, 846x1102) Image search: [Google]
1448962190720.jpg
92 KB, 846x1102
>>81262456
So, TJM will conclude the normal H.A story line to make room for the Teen story line?
>>
>>81262627
Unlikely. TJM (or whatever Bartlett is writing that will conclude the series properly) will most likely be a one-shot.
>>
So which movie was more retarded, this or the Recess movie?
>>
>>81262456

I'm glad we'll at least finally have closure this year.

as for this movie, I enjoyed it all things considered, not great but alright.
>>
File: 1223414973911.jpg (1 MB, 1296x1024) Image search: [Google]
1223414973911.jpg
1 MB, 1296x1024
>>81262087
Hate is a strong word I think. Probably more like disappointment. The Hey Arnold! universe can be divided into two areas for episodes: School and the Boarders in the House. The episode focused largely on the Boarders, which for a lot of viewers especially young ones this wasn't their favorite choice.

Additionally it wasn't the best example of using their strengths or weaknesses. They were kind of comedy relief.

I suppose the other real criticism is the emotional angle. The movie is an adventure, not really very slice of life, which is the show's foundation. For something big, it didn't deliver on what most people expected. Kids, slice of life, Helga's love confession... well it did deliver on the last one.

In the grand scheme of things, only Helga's love angle even approaches being worthy of "movie" status for people who watch it for the slice-of-life feels, and even then it feels sort of shoehorned in there at the last minute, instead of properly built-up to throughout the episode. I can defend it for being kind of epic on its own scaling system. I mean, saving the neighborhood is pretty big!

But still... I look forward to the Jungle movie because of Helga and that angle. I trust Craig but I generally prefer episodes in the cities. (Though the few in nature weren't bad.) We'll see....
>>
>>81262087
i liked it
>>
>>81262087
>I don't understand why people hate shit so much
>>
>>81264128
Yah, I agree. Theres a very tonal differnece between Helgas confession and the whole plot, which was pretty forguetable really. They did the best they could but it was clear that the real deal was the Jungle movie, while this was to be just a fun TV movie that didnt do anything really interesting with the characters, and most of them didnt really have anything to do with the movie anyway.

HA! Is a series that is praised for its character development, but your characters wont develop if theyre not being challenged. Having a big bad type of character with no redeeming qualities is just boring.
>>
>>81262627
I sure hope so. I want me some pregnant teenage Phoebe.
>>
>>81264128
This almost looks like an animation cell. Maybe i'm just being stupid
>>
Woa woa hold the fuck up

When did Arnold finally meet his parents (no dream episode)
>>
>>81262921
I know when the announcement was first made, Nickelodeon said they were considering relaunching the series based on how well TJM does.
>>
>>81272272
He hasn't yet, but the jungle movie is officially being made so we might have that happen soon.
>>
Maybe I don't get it, but this whole Jungle Movie idea feels a bit too "hunky dory" to me.

Like, the thing I appreciated about Hey Arnold was that it showed that life isn't perfect, and you can't get everything 100% "right" (Arnold's parents are gone), but you can pull through and make the best of it (Arnold has very loving grandparents who he lives with in a pretty good life). But with this, it's like "yay, Arnold finds his parents! yay, him and Helga get together! Yay, everything is perfect in life!"

And I'm not one of those guys who's never grateful, I always felt this way when I first heard about the idea for this movie, back when it was cancelled.
>>
>>81262627
>>81262921
>>81272470
This sounds like generic teen sitcom shit, I'm glad Nick dropped it.
>>
>>81264128
This. The movie was completely different from the tone of the show and really amounted to nothing anyways. It was like a drawn out episode, but a drawn out episode that wouldn't even really make a good episode.

I still liked it, but it wasn't all that it could be.
>>
Off-topic, but I wonder if they're going to do a "timeskip" to 2017 in the new Jungle movie, or if it will "pick up" back to around 2002-04 (Big bob still sells beepers, social media doesn't exist, kids still play in ghetto environments freely, etc.).
>>
>>81273121
>"pick up" back to around 2002-04
I certainly hope that's the case.
>>
>>81273121
Most likely they should update to today's time.
>>
...Bump?
>>
>>81262087
>harems

What?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.