[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dark Knight Returns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
What the hell happened to him?
>>
>>81259463

Nuke to the face
>>
>>81259463
Frank Miller doesn't know how Superman's powers work.
>>
>>81259489

Would you say that BvS bombed that hard?
>>
>>81259512
It makes perfect sense. Superman's body used up its solar reserves to help him survive, robbing his muscles of their sustenance.
>>
>>81259607
or the nuke sucked up his solar powers
>>
File: n8ieU.jpg (49 KB, 1274x714) Image search: [Google]
n8ieU.jpg
49 KB, 1274x714
Losing an arm must've sucked real hard for him, but how did it happen? I dont recall it being explained in the movie, is it touched more in the comic?
>>
>>81260246
Clark tore it off when he refused to retire. Bruce said "he was real torn up about it"
>>
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>81260358

>Clark tore it off when he refused to retire.

I guess Man of Amputation is kind of a step down from Man of Murder, eh?

I love how he still calls him a boy scout, though, he really doesn't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1.jpg (25 KB, 1148x532) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25 KB, 1148x532
Spooky
>>
>>81259650
>>81259607
so two nukes would kill him?
>>
>>81259607
I've always (and this is solely head canon, I just think it would be a good direction for Superman's powers to take in terms of limiting him a little) figured high enough radiation sources (red sun, a nuke to the face) force the yellow sun solar energy from his solar cells and fill them up with useless crap energy, or in the case of a nuke rads which ain't good for even Superman if they're coming from inside his own solar cells.
>>
>>81260858
huh
>>
The nuclear weapon exploded bombarding supes with ionizing radiation stripping the electrons and his non ionizing radiation he stores in his body from the yellow sun. Superman is like a sponge for the sun's non ionizing radiation. The nuke was like wringing the sponge out.
>>
>>81260358
That was implied in the DKR but they actually made a comic explaining what happened to Ollie's arm. I forgot which comic and what exactly happened though but it wasn't to make him retire.
>>
>>81260858
I mean, in Kingdom Come it was implied nuke to the face would kill him, so Miller made him more powerful than some writers.
>>
>>81261729
... You know, that is actually a neat explanation. I wish more writers tried to put more thought into their science, since superhero comics are pretty much science fiction anyway.
>>
>>81259463
hey is Tim Burton's superman
>>
>>81264781
Actually it's Jack Skellington venturing to the land of 29th February
>>
So it's canon that a small field of flowers has almost the same strength as Superman?
>>
>>81259522
underrated post
>>
>>81259463
didnt get sunlight, and was insane in some fking building all day long. ugh
>>
>>81263542
did they? the closes is the story where Oliver has his hand stuck in a bomb and Superman wants too cut it off to save his live but GA decides to sacrifice his live instead
>>
>>81259463
The same thing that now happened to Miller.
>>
>>81260858

Depends on what power level the continuity in question uses.
>>
>>81265992
Sun flowers absorb radiation so when he laneed in the sun flowers it absorbed enough radiation for him to heal naturally
>>
>>81259650
>>81259512
>>81259607
Under normal situations Supes would be absorbing and storing non ionized radiation from the yellow sun to power himself.

Taking the nuke to the face forced his body to absorb Ionized radiation which severely weakened him which is why he looks like OP's pic.

As his body expelled the Ionized radiation and began repairing itself absorbing non ionized radiation returning him to looking normal but still not fully powered.

As for 2 nukes killing him I wouldn't say yes since it depends on the writer but multiple nukes directly targeting him would defiantly at the very least weaken him to the level of a cripple.

TL:DR Nukes to the face = bad

I'd also like to point out that Batfags use this story to prove Bats would win but always fail to add

>Batman uses a superpowered suit
>Supes is weakened by a nuke
>Supes is holding back
>Batman uses the entire downtown gotham power grid to electrocute supes
>tries to run him down with bat mobile (Robin)
>and shoots him with a kryptonite arrow (green arrow)
>And still has to fake a heart attack so he didn't have to continue the fight.

Supes could of ended Batman at anypoint of the fight without having to go near him, and then at the end supes could of outed the buried but alive batman.

Batfags need to learn that if it came down to a real all out to the death fight Supes would win hands down.

>But Batman has kryptonite!
So what all supes has to do is wait for batman to show up and heat vision his arms off, or throw him into orbit.

>But batman...
Superman is stronger, faster and smarter and on many occasions Batman has said himself he good never win in a fight, in Hush his kryptonite ring + supes fighting mind control + his reenforced gloves batman managed 2 - 3 punches before the ring was toast and his hand was almost crushed and during that fight he only survives because supes was under mind control.
>>
>>81266884
I mean, they're fictional characters anon. Either could win as long as the writer wanted it.
>>
>>81266884
>TL:DR Nukes to the face = bad
Dude, Supes has been shrugging off nukes like flea bites for decades. Miller is just a retard.
>Taking the nuke to the face forced his body to absorb Ionized radiation which severely weakened him
That's nice and all, except his bio-electric aura renders him borderline immune to that shit.
>>
>>81266884
I agree with everything you said but supes being smarted then batman
>>
>>81267203
>Either could win as long as the writer wanted it
>Le Stan Lee explanation
Sure, anyone can be written to beat anyone. The question should not be who would win, but who's stronger. And Supes shits on Batman in everything.
>>
File: sex violence.jpg (83 KB, 732x820) Image search: [Google]
sex violence.jpg
83 KB, 732x820
>>81259522
Savage 2bh lad
>>
>>81267256
>The question should not be who would win, but who's stronger.

Power level questions are boring and pointless anyway. Who cares who's stronger. Write good stories.

And I say that as a Supesfag.
>>
>>81267232
Supes has perfect memory recalling every single thing he ever experienced, no matter how minute, he has knowledge of kryptonian and other advanced civilizations and sciences as well as the entirety of human information, he's a great leader and extremely experienced dealing with all kinds of shit. How the fuck is Batman smarter then the dude who regularly beats the smartest man in the world and the smartest being in the galaxy?
>>
>>81267305
>Write good stories
I agree. The problem is, good stories have consistency, which means respecting established powerlevels.
>>
So you guys all know this happened in New 52 too right?
>>
>>81267322
Batman has plot armor up the ass and critical prep time abillities hes smarter
>>
>>81260358
>Clark tore it off when he refused to retire.
To be fair. He was acting as a real deal terrorist. Bombing congress and shit, offing politicians. He had gone completely off the rails and wouldn't quit it.
>>
>>81259512
>Stars are a nuclear fusion
>Stars fuels superman

>Nuclear Bombs and power are based on nuclear fission
>So logically they should depower superman
>>
>>81267703
Neither of those have anything to do with intelligence.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.