[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Goofy a good or shitty father?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
Was Goofy a good or shitty father?
>>
He was clumsy. That was his only negative attribute. Other than that, he was a stellar father.

Max could be a shitty son, though.
>>
>>81259136
decent

>>81259166
yes, shitty son, almost like his dad didn't raise him right
>>
>>81259234
Being a single father is hard, and plenty of parents who did everything right end up with terrible children. Nurture only goes so far, and you can't be with them 24 hours a day.
>>
he did his best with what he had and what he could. he was a single father (heavily implied widowed), and was providing max with as much of a stable environment as possible. that doesn't mean he was perfect though, and no parent ever can be. like a lot of parents, he made decisions for what he thought was in the best interests of his child without ever actually consulting his kid and taking max's feelings into account regarding his own decision making. especially when children are of a teenage/young adult age where independent decision making is crucial to not only the child's development into an adult but forging a lasting respectful bond between adult child and parent. in short: goofy could be selfish, overbearing and didn't want his son to grow up. but he was never malevolent in his intentions and always tried to do good by his son.

i don't think goofy was a shitty father, but i do think he was one of the more complex and realistically written father figures in animation in the past 30ish years.
>>
It's been a while since I saw the movies, but from what I remember, he seemed like a pretty caring father who tried his best. The conflict appeared to be mostly about Max going through that teenage rebellion phase where people turn into dicks for a couple of years before they get over it and grow up. I'm not sure if even perfect parents could prevent that from happening, it's just something young people go through.
>>
>>81259136
He fucked up a lot and made shit decisions, but he always strived to be the best Dad he could and support his son which is more than I can say for a depressing amount of parents out there.
>>
File: 5trl6s.png (120 KB, 400x417) Image search: [Google]
5trl6s.png
120 KB, 400x417
>>81259136
Pete was a better father
>>
File: petey time any time.png (414 KB, 665x454) Image search: [Google]
petey time any time.png
414 KB, 665x454
>>81259438
>>
>>81259293
>>
>>81259438
What was the name of this comic?
>>
>>81259136
He was a goofy father.
>>
File: xygsfXR.png (151 KB, 910x764) Image search: [Google]
xygsfXR.png
151 KB, 910x764
>>81259136
peepul widawt xildrn hev no rait tu jadg ani perents. serizly
>>
>>81259252
Also, Max is like the posterchild of the 90's totally radical anti authority stereotypes.
>>
File: Sad-Goofy-in-A-Goofy-Movie[1].jpg (54 KB, 850x638) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Goofy-in-A-Goofy-Movie[1].jpg
54 KB, 850x638
>>81259377
goofy's flaw during a goofy movie was that he loved his son a bit too much and couldn't stand the thought that the childhood bonding he loved doing so much was slipping away from him as his son became more independent.
>>
File: 1443641007159.jpg (158 KB, 750x1174) Image search: [Google]
1443641007159.jpg
158 KB, 750x1174
>>
>>81262861
top kek
>>
>>81262861
I'm okay with that...
Wait
>>
>>81262666
This is true, though I feel part of it was that he stopped being his son's hero (or felt like that anyway) and everyone else we see treats him like - for lack of a better word - a goof ball.
The one person in his life who looked up to him, doesn't anymore.

So basically what you said, but it's worse, because he doesn't really have a bunch of guys to call over to play pool with. With everyone else, he's just Goofy.
>>
>>81259293
>heavily implied widowed
Considering how clumsy Goofy is, he probably manslaughtered his wife.
>>
>>81259438
I've been looking everywhere for the full comic, but I can only find, like, one page.

>>81261412
The first Dolan comic I see in years and it's not even funny. I swear, these things used to make me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.
>>
>>81260440
Pete Time
>>
>>81264995
>and it's not even funny

That's the joke?
>>
File: nosmoking.jpg (95 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
nosmoking.jpg
95 KB, 450x338
>>81264936
All those years as George Geef finally got to him.
>>
>>81264885
Bur he has Mickey and Donald, why not call them up?
>>
File: 1393014486342.jpg (85 KB, 225x606) Image search: [Google]
1393014486342.jpg
85 KB, 225x606
>>81259293
youre gonna make me cry
>>
>>81265878
He has friends, yeah.
But there's a difference between people you can rely on, and people who actively look up to you.

His son used to think he was the best thing ever, and I doubt Mickey or Donald ever treated him like he's amazing, beyond being a really good friend.
>>
He was a goofy father.
>>
>>81259293
Nice tumblr post.
>>
>>81259136
He was a goofy father
>>
Goofy was a fine dad, Max was just a bit corrupted by a variety of outside things, namely the fact that teenagers have a natural tendency to be kinda evil (due to hormones and natural teenage psychological changes), and caring more about trying to be cool than other people's feelings.

Goofy made a mistakes too, since some of the things he wanted to do on the trip were more of something little kids would want to do, like that possum playhouse thing. However, most of the conflict in A Goofy Movie was caused by Max and his actions.

That doesn't make Max a shitty person, though. Yeah, he's a little selfish and a little bit of a dick, and he thinks with his schlong sometimes (all of his goals end result was to try to impress Roxanne), and he is too young to know that your schlong will always betray you. He is just making the kinds of mistakes everyone makes at his age, and should be forgiven since he seemed to honestly feel bad and regret hurting his father's feelings.
>>
His son grew up into a well-adjusted productive member of society

That's the best that any father can ask for

PJ's probably a neckbeard shut in or a criminal
>>
File: m_2832143_7xz22YVV8Mt6.png (144 KB, 677x549) Image search: [Google]
m_2832143_7xz22YVV8Mt6.png
144 KB, 677x549
>>81264995
>>
>>81259136
A shitty father doesn't help his son get the girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVUwWZfzMw
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.