[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tick Reboot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: ticklistjpg-c74477_640w.jpg (33 KB, 628x360) Image search: [Google]
ticklistjpg-c74477_640w.jpg
33 KB, 628x360
>"We've got this show about superheroes [where] we get to have fun with the idea of superheroes by starting with kind of a comedic parody of [an] event-oriented-like universe," creator Ben Edlund said. The Tick will be "darker and more grounded," with a "real story, a real hero's myth."

>Amazon's straight-to-series format allows The Tick to "go deeper into character and story," mimicking the "continuity" and "seriality" that comic books offer.

www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/30/the-tick-amazons-reboot-will-be-darker-and-more-grounded

I was gonna get mad because of the headline, but Bed Edlund is attached, gives me hope.
>>
>Darker and more grounded

Have these people seen a Tick episode before?
>>
>>81246491
>these people
You mean the creator of the character?
>>
>>81246602
DELETE THIS
>>
>>81246491
Chill man, it's Ben Edlund. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm still confident. There's no way they'll play this off completely seriously, much less with Edlund supervising.
>>
File: the_tick_cast.jpg (102 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
the_tick_cast.jpg
102 KB, 970x545
Anyone here remember the live action series? I thought the casting was well done.
>>
>>81246491
The original comic was weird like that. Tick was actually delusional enough to be placed in an asylum a few times. It actually was a bit less light hearted than the cartoon.

Or at least the setting was. Tick was always a light hearted hero in a more grim world that he just ignored the grimm-ness.
>>
TICK OF MURDER
>>
keep in mind the word here is darkER
the comics were already darker than the cartoon. maybe it'll be closer to those.
>>
File: tick_hedge3.gif (287 KB, 512x766) Image search: [Google]
tick_hedge3.gif
287 KB, 512x766
>"Darker and more grounded"
At first those words seem like red flags, but then you gotta remember it's The Tick. The cartoon was amazing for what it was, but it wasn't the comic series, which was amazing for what it did.

Think of it. The new series could start off with a season centered around Tick coming to the city. There's still gonna be the Edlund comedy and parody. But then we'll get into Oedipus and the ninjas! THINK OF IT
>Ninjas, I hate ninjas. They're wacky
>Hey! It looks like a giant piece of candy corn
>Paul the Samurai
>Pic related
>Oedipus almost getting killed, and Tick's rage

And then who know! Maybe we'll get Tick's big trip across America! Maybe we'll get Chairface Chippendale again! Maybe we'll get one-off misadventures with Paul & Oedipus with Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox.

And never forget:
SPOON!
>>
File: Clever Ninjas.gif (92 KB, 540x284) Image search: [Google]
Clever Ninjas.gif
92 KB, 540x284
>>81249838
What a time to be alive
>>
Sounds promising, especially since "darker and more grounded" stuff can be a nice foil that'll make the goofy main character that much funnier.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.