[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does MCU Thor Need a powerup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Thor_Avengers-_Age_of_Ultron.jpg (29 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
Thor_Avengers-_Age_of_Ultron.jpg
29 KB, 300x430
Is MCU Thor a bit too weak power-wise? Do you think he could use an upgrade?
>>
Movies always downgrades power.
>>
File: 1437949681211.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1239) Image search: [Google]
1437949681211.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1239
>>81244470
>goes toe-to-toe with weak-ass MCU Hulk
>>
>>81244470
No, characters are rarely made better by becoming more powerful.
>>
File: 1457556963224.jpg (22 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
1457556963224.jpg
22 KB, 416x416
>>81244470
Just watch MoS for a real superhero

Thor is the crappiest comedy MCU has put out anyway.
>>
>>81244470
No he's fine as is.
If you want to get Thor some better writers and a capable villain that isn't Loki then I wouldn't say no.
>>
>>81244875
This is why I want to see guys like Ulik, Absorbing Man, or Executioner in a Thor film. I have had enough schemer types.
>>
His power has never been properly explored.

I kinda hope he shows up at the end of Civil War the same way he did in the comic, and threaten a victorious Tony Stark. Just the implication itself would be enough, I think.
>>
>>81244470
I thin some people are underestimating how powerfull he and the hulk are
>>
>>81244470
It isn't that he is too weak in the MCU, it's the writers write him out of the action so that the other people can shine.
Best example would be the first fight scene against ultron in the apartment. He was easily able to beat one, but why doesn't he destroy the other ones? Lol, i dunno, he is just offscreen so that the others have a moment to shine
>>
what villain are they going to use to warrant the use of thor AND hulk in a tag team match?
>>
>>81245328
>He was easily able to beat one, but why doesn't he destroy the other ones?

Because doing so might end up destroying the whole floor?

That's pretty much why I think he does the way he does. We saw what he can really do in the first movie. I think he deliberately holds back simply so he can reduce damage and keep from hurting human folk. If not for that, he'd be tearassing everything.
>>
>>81245683
Too bad they blew that with Kurse in Thor 2.

There is still Ulik and Absorbing Man. But I would assume Executioner or Bloodaxe is more likely.

It's really hard to guess when MCU keeps dredging up obscure one time only villains from the 70's and 80's. It is just as likely to be someone like Perrikus or Growing Man.
>>
>>81244470
Say what you want about Thor 1, but at least Thor got to do some metal power-level shit...at least until Whedon and co. nerfed him

>Can't have Thor outdoing RDJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSbyknf4vJ4
>>
>>81245683
Would be fun if it is Warlock, opening up for him to appear in Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
File: Absorbing_Man_taser.jpg (70 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Absorbing_Man_taser.jpg
70 KB, 1024x576
>>81246341
>Absorbing Man
He's in Agents of Shield already.
>>81248801
This movie bothers me so much.
>Open with Thor doing fun fantasy space stuff
>Spend next hour in a coffee shop with Padme
>>
>city explodes
>easily survives

His power level is fine.
>>
>>81244782
MOS.
Real Superhero.
Top kek.
>>
I think his bigger problem is characterization. He had a lot of personality in Thor 1, but the main character arc of that movie involved him outgrowing the traits that made him distinct (arrogance, aggression).

No one has had any idea what to do with him since. It's especially obvious in The Avengers movies, where he just stands around in the background.
>>
>>81249510
That looks real bad. Is it as bad as it looks?

Plus the wrecking ball is real tiny.
>>
>>81250944
Effects-wise it looks fine in the show. Writing-wise, eh...

The wrecking ball is tiny because it's not actually a wrecking ball, but part of a gate.
>>
>>81244470
He needs feats of strength that don't involve the hammer.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.