[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, let me get this straight, the penance stare don't work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6
File: 5x0tqvf.jpg (806 KB, 1789x2750) Image search: [Google]
5x0tqvf.jpg
806 KB, 1789x2750
So, let me get this straight, the penance stare don't work if you don't regret the things you done?
>>
>>81240222
No thats fanfrank

The stare makes you feel the pain uve inflicted on others

Only the innocentt are immune
>>
>>81240279

This. Ghost Rider gets shafted a lot.
>>
>>81240222
Frank has the protection of Olivier, and some lingering protection from when he was an angel
>>
>>81240337
I still seeth when i think about how he jobbed in shadowland
>>
>>81240279
Frank has no-sold the Penance Stare more than once.
>>
>>81240279
And people with symbiotes.
And the mentally insane like Madcap, Cletus Kasady, Deadpool, and Frank.
>>
>>81241157
Deadpools gotten peance stared befor
>>
>>81241236
And it did nothing. Which is why I included him in my list of characters who have been shown to be immune to it because they're insane.
>>
>>81241321
It burnt out his eyes and sent him on a flashback

It dint do nothing
>>
>>81240279
Okay so

That one time in the Fantastic Four cartoon then? When he one-shot GALACTUS by making him feel the pain he's inflicted on the countless worlds he's devoured

Is that an actual thing Ghost Rider could do? I would assume it wouldn't work on Galactus of all beings given basic power hierarchy.
>>
>>81241477
Clearly we're talking different incidents, because he's taken it without any issue at least once.
Not exactly a plot hole since he canonically is variable in how lucid he can be at times.
>>
>>81241699

Probably wouldn't work simply because then any Galactus encounter would be "Aw fuck, ring up GR, ol' purple headed invader is trying to munch on our lawn again".
>>
>>81241699
when Galactus kills, he commits no sin
plus Galactus is several orders o magnitude higher on the cosmic totem pole than anything in Earth's heaven
>>
>>81240222
The penance stare started as something that just inflicts the pain you've caused on others on you, no exceptions. It has changed over the years to include things like "it doesn't work if you're insaine or have no regret" which I think kind of defeats the purpose of the power. How many hell escapes and devil contractors really regret what they've done?

But really, Ghost Rider's main power is jobbing. He is mostly used as a device to show just how strong/cool other characters are. If/when Ghost Rider enters the MCU I hope they at least try and make him more than just a radical fire skeleton on a motorcycle.
>>
>>81242058
Should they use Robbie or Johnny for the MCU?
>>
>>81242058
>Penance Stares Tony
>Tony goes insane, builds himself a symbiotic suit of living metal, starts talking about how Superior he is
>>
I've always had an idea for a Ghost Rider series. It would basically involve a demonic invasion of the Southwest. And it would play out like Mad Max but with Demons.
>>
>>81241922
Depends on if Yaweh is the one above all or not
>>
>>81241699
Yes and No.

See, it WOULD work on Galactus. He would feel the same pain each of his victims felt, both emotionally and physically, over the eons.

The thing is? It wouldn't phase him.

Physically, the pain that every mortal being feels as they are granted the quick death of vaporization is as nothing to what Galactus endures on a regular basis, even when supplemented by countless trillions. Their pain is as nothing to the power he wields.

Emotionally it's even less significant. The trillions he's killed live lifes that measure in mere moments compared to his countless millenia. Their turmoil is many, many leagues beneath his notice, and thus, again, even compounded by the trillions their emotions are as but the sense of if you or I had killed a few anthills.

I imagine he'd feeling a little something but, nothing that would one-shot him by any stretch. Galactus is above nearly all those whose meager existences he ends to sustain his hunger.
>>
File: 1444616131591.jpg (30 KB, 321x482) Image search: [Google]
1444616131591.jpg
30 KB, 321x482
>>81242430
>Yahweh
ANSWER THE CALL SON OF MAN!
>>
>>81242484
What about Thanos?
>>
>>81240348
I actually like the angel thing as an explanation. He already has divine energy coursing through him which somehow protects and/or excuses him.
>>
>>81242543
You mean would the Penance Stare work on Thanos?

Probably not much more effective but Thanos is on a lower level than Galactus is, it'd probably hurt him more noticeably.
>>
>>81242430
He isn't. He's just an extremely powerful skyfather (at least Odin-tier) who has a whole non-interference schtick, hence him never showing up for the big shindigs.
>>
>>81242735
Compound with the fact that Thanos has likely killed a lot less people than Galactus (his antics with the Gauntlet were undone from reality) it might even have even less effect.
>>
>>81242486
How would Ghost Rider fare in the SMT Verse?
>>
>>81242573
And it's worth noting that him being an agent of heaven was referenced earlier in the ongoing where OP happened in, so they straight up acknowledged that fact.

Him tanking the Penance Stare isn't nearly as bullshit as him somehow defeating fucking Zadkiel. Now THAT was some next level FrankWank.
>>
>>81241157
So basically that shit is as useless as the Spectre.
>>
>>81240222
No, Frank's just bluffing. He can bluff a demon / angel / whatever. Cause he's Frank.
>>
>>81243013
Would Frank be able to Frank Mephisto?
>>
>>81242310
Robbie with Johhny as mentor, but they're both riders
Alejandra can fuck off

>>81242416
I'd watch it
>>
How strong is Ghost Rider? Is he street level or OP?
>>
>>81243230
OP. Extremely OP.
>>
>>81242484
Wrong about the emotional part. He's already emotionally haunted by the countless people he's killed.
>>
>>81243230

OP when you look at him on paper.

But his greatest superpower is jobbing to anything during any sort of crossover.
>>
>>81240222
The last couple issues of Rulkbolts where pants on head retarded
and not the fun kind like them visiting hell or creating Hulk-Venom-Rider
>>
>>81240222
Ghost Rider does it to Speedball
>why doesn't it work?
>because I feel their pain every moment of everyday
>>
>>81243653
Didn't Speedball die in the beginning of Civil War?
>>
>>81242430
Of course he isn't.
The One Above All is Jack Kirby, it's one of those things Marvel and DC have in common.
>>
>>81243230
Hes marcels equivlent of the spectre
>>
>>81244018
Does Ghost Rider have a direct line to upstairs like Spectre?
Also, in DC God takes the form of a scottie dog, does anything similar happen in Marvel?
>>
>>81243873
Umm, anon, we have a LOT to talk about.
>>
>>81243071
See you never see shit like that and eventually they will have to explain it. Heavies like Mephisto, Loki other gods never have an arc where they include Frank in their shennanegans. Now it would be easy to say that Frank is so street teir that he's not even on their radar, if they had not done street tier shit before. But Frank has been outed as "belonging" to somebody, the avatar of something.
A good reasoning might be that Frank is simply "off limits" to other beings, he's spoken for.

I had always wanted Ares when he was doing his mortal work last run to have just a few pages with him and Frank together and just kinda weirding Frank out. Maybe lay some rumors to rest. Like they accidently bump into each other durring an invasion or battle:
>"Oh hey Frank, you need anything?"
>>"...what?"
>"Guns, Ammo hell you can use my axe for the rest of the fight if you want, or are you good?"
>>"uh, no, i'm good...thanks though"
>"ok see you in a couple decades, big fan"
>>
>>81243873
Speedball is dead
There is only Penance
>>
>>81244419
Didn't he go back to Speedball on the outside?
He never woke up inside.
>>
>>81244146
Yes to the point he cursed god out and got him to give him a contingent of angels to use
>>
>>81242058
>If/when Ghost Rider enters the MCU I hope they at least try and make him more than just a radical fire skeleton on a motorcycle.
Well, if quasi-quantum sci-fi wank explanations of his powers counts as making him more than a jobber to the stars, then he'll definitely be improved. Then again, just having him pop up sparingly from time to time without getting his ass kicked in half of his appearances would be an improvement.
>>
>>81242803
You don't need to kill for the Penance Stare, it's all harm you've ever inflicted. Thanos has tortured (mentally, physically, and more) tons of people and just out right beat people up a lot. Everything comes back when hit by the Penance Stare.
>>
>>81244495
He did, but still retains his Penance powers on top of his Speedball powers.
>>
File: Punisher Moby Dick.jpg (48 KB, 300x402) Image search: [Google]
Punisher Moby Dick.jpg
48 KB, 300x402
>>81240222

Frank's plot armor is among the strongest in comics
>>
>>81242848
>How would Ghost Rider fare in the SMT Verse?
He isnt handsome or teenage enough to do anything MC-ish
>>
>>81244910
That's kind of awesome.
Building off something bad to make something good.
>>
>>81244684
Part of me hopes Doctor Strange makes "magic, ain't gotta explain shit" a valid part of the universe
>>
>>81244985
That's not The Joker.
>>
>>81245325
I like it, too. The most interesting part is that he doesn't want anyone to know that he still has the powers, and that he occasionally still cuts himself out of guilt, while putting on his happy face to the rest of the world.
>>
>>81245435
AoU already did that with Thor going for a dip in a magic pool to get a vision of the future.
>>
>>81242310
Johnny or Danny
>>
>>81242848
He's a high tier demon not the best fire one that's mara but he's up there. He's in the game if you didn't know.
>>
punisher is like god powered a little bit so it doesn't hit
>>
>>81245599
They said it was water spirits.

Supports the magic thing but they did explain it
>>
>>81242848
Hell Rider is like a level 40 something Demon with pretty good skills. Not amazing, but I ran him for quite a while in Nocturne.
>>
Who is the biggest jobber in all of Marvel?

Wolverine?
Galactus?
Ghost Rider?
Doctor Strange?
Hulk?
Wolverine?
>>
>>81246702
World War Hulk disqualifies Hulk from the jobber list. That was an entire event of the entire Marvel Universe jobbing to him.
>>
>>81245503
he said among and it is hes basically batman in terms of wank able to beat anyone with enough prep and take any punch cause hes tough
>>
>>81242486
LIFT YOUR SPIRIT, SET IT FREE!
>>
>>81246702
The entire Kree empire exists only to get wrecked by cosmic level threats.
>>
File: 1453675347222.jpg (83 KB, 1272x719) Image search: [Google]
1453675347222.jpg
83 KB, 1272x719
>>81243230
>Ghostrider fucking destroys Hulk during World War Hulk because he's magic
>Penance stare's him
>"Nah you good, peace"
I love the both of them but that pissed me off
>>
>>81247078
it was a nice fuck you to the Illuminati though
>>
>>81246940
no thats the skrulls
>>
>>81243230
Depends on the writer. I mean i know thats true of every superhero but its REALLY true of ghost rider. He can be all fucking over the place depending on who writes him.
>>
>>81246702
Out of that list i'd say doc strange. People job the most in crossovers and doc strange gets alot of those.
>>
>>81240279
There's no one more innocent than Frank, if he were guilty he would've punished himself.
>>
>>81248888
quads confirm truth
>>
>>81240222
That issue was such bullshit, especially how Frank defeats Zadkiel like a chump, you can't use mystic characters and make them job to street characters for fuck sake.
>>
>>81241922
But that actually is canon. Ghost Rider was capable of penance staring Galactus, he was just brought back to life by Reed, which in turn destroyed the Skrull homeworld, which directly led to Secret Invasion.
>>
>>81243876
>The One Above All is Jack Kirby, it's one of those things Marvel and DC have in common.
Actually I am pretty sure only DC implied their top character is Yaweh. Marvel decided that they would take up the responsibility for the universe personally, because really, you had to be a dick god to run a superhero comic multiverse.
>>
>>81241922
>when Galactus kills, he commits no sin

Id say murder would count as a really big sin
>>
>>81246756
>he said among and it is hes basically batman in terms of wank able to beat anyone with enough prep and take any punch cause hes tough
More like he's not stupid enough to walk into situations he can't handle.
>>
>>81250388
do the tectonic plates sin when there is an earthquake? Does the vacuum of space sin when an astronaut suffocates? Does a virus sin when someone dies of it?
>>
>>81248888
Can't remember which story, but Frank aknowledges he's a murderer, and that if he ever completes his impossible goal of killing all criminals he'll finish with himself.
>>
Frankwank is the worst.
>>
>>81250703
Galactus isn't a force of nature, despite what Marvel says, he's a sentient being able to communicate and comprehend/be comprehended by the people he feeds off. The Avengers cant discuss philosophy with an earthquake
>>
>>81241236
>>81241321
And then Danny outright TOLD Deadpool that "if the Rider wanted you dead, you'd be dead."
>>
>>81241699
The only reason that worked was because Galactus was nearly dead already.
>>
>>81240222
Frank's used his dumb mary sue powers. Just making up bullshit.
>>
>>81244417
He doesn't even know that he's some entity/minor deity's champion. If he hadn't painted that skull on his shirt he'd probably be the Moon Knight.
>>
>>81246411
Both.
>>
>>81250888
>The Avengers cant discuss philosophy with an earthquake
yeah they can. Might need an interpreter, but they can.
>>
I kinda wanna see Netflix pick up Ghost Rider. I feel like a series would do him justice.. more than a movie would anyways, or has.

My only worry is it being Supernatural but with fire skeletons.
>>
File: 1452821518189.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1452821518189.png
30 KB, 747x491
>>81251399
You're just making me sad that it'd probably never happen.
>>
>>81250703

Tectonic plates aren't sentient, numbnuts.
>>
>>81243873
He's literally the ONLY New Warrior to survive.
>>
>>81250888
>despite what Marvel says
What Marvel says is literally canon
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.