[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... Robin is never going to be in a live action movie in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
File: bvs-robin-costume-143704.jpg (66 KB, 655x330) Image search: [Google]
bvs-robin-costume-143704.jpg
66 KB, 655x330
So...

Robin is never going to be in a live action movie in a meaningful way, right?

Like Nightwing might show up, or you might have dead Robins, or maybe Joker is a Robin, but Batman is never going to have a younger sidekick who cracks jokes and exists to contrast and add depth to to him, is he?

How do you feel about that?
>>
File: asadbatman.jpg (112 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
asadbatman.jpg
112 KB, 375x500
Sad.

Though to be honest, I could see Damian eventually making his way to a live-action adaption. His roots in terrorism/extremism and his badass schtick and films would work better for the general public than any of the other Robins.
>>
>>81238089
If the DCEU get's off the ground I'd say it's likely we'll see him in the inevitable Batfleck prequel that covers his first 20 years.
>>
>>81238089
Just because one Robin died doesn't mean there can't be another one.

The question is, who do they use? Tim Drake or Damian Wayne? Or do they keep the DKR tradition as go Carrie Kelly?
(Pls no Jason Red Hood)
>>
>>81238089
We got Damien and Tim to chose from but I can see Damien being more likely.
>>
why doesn't Robin have pants?
>>
>>81238433
Tim would be the only logical option for DCEU Batman. Bruce is such a fucking nutcase in this universe that I can't even imagine him doing anything to Talia other than killing her.
>>
>>81238089
Given how dark this Batman is I don't really see a Robin fitting in. I mean Bale said he would quit or something if they were introduced a Robin and I doubt Ben feels that differently. So seeing a dead Robin's costume is as close as we are going to get probably.
>>
>>81238550
You don't cover a top tier ass with pants, anon.
>>
>>81238550
Why do you want to cover his legs?
>>
>>81238550
Joker took them off
>>
>>81238433
>>81238566
Damian. Superman's sacrifice already chilled Bruce out and he could easily have fucked Talia before Jason died which is what made him a killer.

Damian also has a stronger narrative attached to him, getting him to stop killing and chilling him out and if you didn't want Bruce hanging out with him then you go the Daddy Dick route
>>
We might get one but it will be Damien if anything.

But I am sure we will get
-Red Hood with his storyline
-take on Tim Drake (Robin tortured by Joker, Leto's Joker is actually Drake)

It would explain why Batman AND Alfred don't really give a shit anymore about doing things "the clean way".

If Alfred became disillusioned you just know everything that could've gone to shit, went to shit.
>>
>>81238089
It's too bad because I don't like Snyder for anything, but I think he could actually pull off filming a teenage Robin because it matches his sensibilities. (Think of those scenes of kids fighting in 300.) The characterization and dialogue would be nonsensical as always, but at least I'd get some slo-mo shots of my childhood hero doing spin kicks, probably.

Based on his personality in the movie, I could see Batfleck get along with Dick as well as Jason, to be honest. He probably didn't go full-on jaded until a Robin died.
>>
File: 640_batman_forever_warnerbros.jpg (162 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
640_batman_forever_warnerbros.jpg
162 KB, 640x640
>So Robin is never going to be in a live action movie in a meaningful way
Are we just not counting the Shumacher movies?
Heck, even the Bat Shark Repellant movie was played in theaters.
>>
>>81238711
>Timfags

every time
>>
File: robin.jpg (317 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
robin.jpg
317 KB, 1280x720
>>
So you think this is after Todd operated as Red Hood or before?
>>
I really, really hope it isn't Dick that got killed.
>>
>>81238089
I think we will get a movie like Under the Red Hood
>>
>>81238808
Are you retarded?
>>
What's more likely, CoO or UtRH?
>>
>>81239023
UtRH
>>
>>81239023
Red Hood 100%.
Grim story, easily translated into this universe theme.
>>
>>81239023
Red Hood, but I'd prefer CoO just because it would be a new villain and them being pissy about Batman being back would be better
>>
File: CIA.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
Robin needs to be sidelined for Batman's new sidekick.
>>
>>81239023
UtRH, Todd is pretty popular now
>>
File: Carrie-Kelly-big.jpg (424 KB, 930x849) Image search: [Google]
Carrie-Kelly-big.jpg
424 KB, 930x849
>>81238089
Carrie Kelly
>>
>>81239055
I can't see Under the Red Hood movie being that grim like Snyder's films
>>
>>81239088
>Jason and his story is the most well known
>he used to be the least popular Robin out of the four of them

lol
>>
>>81239023
I asked Geoff about it at WonderCon and he said the script was going good with Ben, I asked about Red Hood and he just smiled. I'm assuming they'll announce at SDCC this year, hopefully
>>
>>81239138
Just with Geoff and Ben please, i don't want Snyder making weird things on this
>>
>>81239023
UtRH, but I'd prefer neither get adapted.
>>
>>81239127
"YOU LET HIM KILL ME! SO NOW I'M KILLING HIM MYSELF! AND I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU TRY TO STOP ME!"
"I WON'T LET YOU KILL ANYONE ELSE! EVEN IF I HAVE TO KILL YOUTO STOP YOU! AND THEN I'LL KILL HIM FOR KILLING YOU!"
>>
>>81239282
I think all solo Bats movies will be set before BvS to show what happened to make Bruce so ruthless.

Honestly this Batman was refreshing, he just did what was the most efficient.
>>
>>81239381
They'll probably just have flashbacks to events that happened before BvS.
>>
>>81239381
There are these things called flashbacks
>>
Under the Red Hood is a bad story because unless you redeem Jason (which doesn't really happen in any version except Arkham Knight oddly enough) it doesn't really have an ending

It just consists of Jason going "Why don't you kill this psycho nut!?" and Batman going "Cuz I don't want to!" and then Joker is laughing in the background the entire time and then there's some sort of ambiguous explosion and Batman is OBVIOUSLY alive but the other two are PROBABLY alive.

Plus I don't know if it would really work in the DC movie universe because Batman probably would would have killed Joker, there. It makes me wonder, if the Suicide Squad Joker is the original, if there's going to be some tonal disconnect about the Joker being alive in a universe where Batman DGAF
>>
>>81239466
They probably will redeem Jason so he can be a supporting cast member in the next Batman film.
>>
>>81239466
>Waller swoops in and nabs Joker before Batman can kill him
>He shows up in SS to finish the job
>>
>>81239609
How come Jason's never been an insider for Bruce on the Suicide Squad?
>>
>>81239466
>if the Suicide Squad Joker is the original
I'm pretty sure he is. Leto said in the SS issue of Empire that "the Joker may be much older than people think".

>if there's going to be some tonal disconnect about the Joker being alive in a universe where Batman DGAF
I imagine they'll probably just attribute it to Bruce quitting after Robin died and him not getting kill crazy until after he comes out of retirement.
>>
We don't need another Robin to die this Batman is already brutal enough
>>
>>81238793
I'm not sure if you're trying to shit on those movies but I really did like how they handled Batman and Robin's relationship in Batman Forever.
>>
>>81239863
>I really did like how they handled Batman and Robin's relationship in Batman Forever.
All of the Bruce and Dick stuff was good until Bruce kills Dent at the end and ends up looking like a complete hypocrite.
>>
>>81239765
>I'm pretty sure he is. Leto said in the SS issue of Empire that "the Joker may be much older than people think".
I always find it funny how people go on about this young joker.
He is one year older than ben affleck. How old do people want the joker to be? He isn't young hes just a good looking guy.
>>
I could see this working:

>Jason is the dead Robin
>Batman's solo film is about his resurrection as the Red Hood
>Dick makes an appearance as Nightwing
>Tim is introduced in the movie, becomes Robin by the end or in the sequel
>Alternatively, Tim isn't introduced at all and Damien is introduced in the sequel

By introducing Batman well into his career, they've actually set it up perfectly where we can see multiple Robins without a bunch of movies to build them up
>>
>>81239863
The only thing i hated about the robin in that movie was the actor they picked. I didnt HATE how he played the role, i mean he didnt blow me away either but that wasn't the problem. He just seemed too fucking old. I mean he was already in his mid 20s when he did the role and he wasn't even one of those mid 20s guys who seemed young.
I feel like the slightly more campy tone of batman forever (which i actually appreciate more nowadays than alot of the shit from the burton movies) would have allowed a teenage boy wonder.

As ridiculous as fighting psychopaths with a child next to you is part of me still wants to actually see batman in a movie with a really young robin by his side.
>>
>>81240247
I think the "SS Joker is a young guy" thing was just created to work with the Robin is Joker theory.
>>
>>81238828
Wait, he really doesn't have pants?
>>
>>81238162
Fuck off.
>>
No, a 12-13 years old side kick is a idea too unrealistic to work on a live action movie
>>
>>81240329
I would lean towards Damien. The redemption of the son and trying to mold him away from being the crazy person Bruce is. And you could potentially lead to Dickbats as a sign of legacy.
>>
>>81240461
>Robin must be a pre-teen
There's no reason why they couldn't boost his age to a 17-18 year old like they did with Dick in BTAS.
>>
>>81240461
as opposed to superpowered aliens and immortal amazons?
>>
>>81240387
I mean when was that created though? As far as I know the only people who ever brought it up were people who saw how Jared Leto appeared younger in age than ben affleck and assumed he must be decidedly younger because of this.
>>
File: eastwood-affleck.jpg (178 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
eastwood-affleck.jpg
178 KB, 1000x500
>we don't know the name of Scott Eastwood's character in Suicide Squad
>costume in BvS is Dick's
>they faked his death
>Dick is now under cover
>Bruce is getting old
>they look alike
>we're gonna get DickBat
>>
>>81240660
wait do we know for a fact thats dicks costume and not another robins?
>>
>>81238828
Can't believe the Joker cut his pants off
>>
>>81240701
>>81240660
Nope since pre-New52 Dick and Jason had the same costume
>>
>>81239655
Because only New 52 has them on decent terms and 52 Squad seems to stay out of Gotha.
>>
The new DC movie universe will have joker as a sentient virus called the Creeper Virus. It has existed since just before world war 1 and has taken hosts and run the bodies to death which is how he absorbs so much punishment
>>
>>81241083
Allow me to explain the suit. Joker beat Jason Todd near to death and Bat man shows up sees jason and breaks jokers neck. The Joker Virus goes into Bat man and forced him to finish killing Jason then write that on the suit then leaves his body since Bruce is close to expelling him. Then it finds a new host much like a symbiotic but a gas a living virus. That is why Bat man snapped
>>
File: wat-downeyjr.jpg (56 KB, 554x600) Image search: [Google]
wat-downeyjr.jpg
56 KB, 554x600
>>81241083
>>81241276
>>
File: 1454974225845.jpg (17 KB, 399x292) Image search: [Google]
1454974225845.jpg
17 KB, 399x292
>>81238162
>Damian
>>
>>81241083
>>81241276
>Will have
Kek
>>
>>81240660
>implying Dick will ever be more important than Batman-lite

You'll be lucky if Dick is Batman Jr in a Titans movie five years from now
>>
>>81241997
Not sure how much dick they will put in the new DC movie universe but I can tell you for certain it will have a lot of ass
>>
>>81239609
This made me laugh so hard.
Hope its true.
>Bruce going full ASSBAR murder.
>>
>>81242100
>DCEU Batman is Millerverse Batman in every way

I can't wait for flashbacks of him kidnapping Dick Grayson Age 12 and treating him like crap
>>
>>81238828

Is that a fucking spear?

This Robin was running around stabbing people?
>>
>>81244825
Not well enough, apparently.
>>
Maybe as Red Hood.
>>
>>81239127
What are you talking about, Under the Red Hood had Jason fuck up mobsters like they were animals. It's right up Snyder's stupid alley.
>>
>>81238089
Who stole that young man's pants!
>>
>>81238089
i still have hope... maybe Carrie will show up
>>
>>81247257
She'll be played by Chloe Grace Moretz if it happens
>>
>>81238089
Pretty good. I dont think they'll ever do a good onscreen robin
>>
note sure
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.