[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people assume he knew Bruce Wayne was Batman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 8
File: latest.png (437 KB, 881x568) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
437 KB, 881x568
Why do people assume he knew Bruce Wayne was Batman?
>>
He is lex Luther.
>>
because he totally did. that's why he baited him with a Wayne employee
>>
>>81237853
If Lex knows everyone's identity now, why doesn't he just go public with it?

I mean, he even knows the Flash's identity.
>>
Because he sent those returned checks with the threats. Which is weird because Bruce only saw them WAY later than intended and still worked to Lex's advantage. Point is its stupid anon
>>
He created facebook.
>>
>>81238052
But he has no idea who that is.
>>
The checks, m8. He literally explains to Lois that "all he had to do" was send back some checks, and the rest would take care of itself.

>>81238061
This.
>>
>>81238052

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qy4EIvvVj4
>>
>>81238061

His HR department was withholding them and not sending them to his attention until it was too late.

Lex wins regardless, Bruce either sees them one at a time and is slowly pushed over the edge, but the way it worked out he still sees them and it has a huge impact all at once combined with Superman's implication in failing to stop the blast.

Luthor still wins in this case, regardless.
>>
PAPER VS PLASTIC
>>
>>81238438

I love this bit. Because it's something so normally overlooked about the secret identity thing. For regular Joe superheroes even if their face is out there it won't affect anything but they blend in.
>>
POTATOES VS STUFFING
>>
>>81237853

The fact that he was the one sending Batman and Superman the newspaper clippings and checks.

Duh.
>>
JOHN STEWART VS HAL JORDAN

BLACK VS WHITE
>>
OVER EASY VS SUNNY SIDE UP
>>
>>81237853
If you saw the movie you wouldn't need to ask this question.
>>
BUT HOW DID HE KNOW
>>
>>81238690

Social Media
>>
BRUCE WAYNE VS CLARK JOSEPH KENT

HA I LOVE IT
>>
>>81238623
Scrambled
>>
i really believed eisenberg could have pulled off a 10/10 luthor and i still do

it's a shame that the script they gave him was so forced and stiff
>>
>>81238992
The script is fine.

Snyder completely botched his direction for the actors, especially Eisenberg. Less over-the-top, more grounded in a "distinguished" sense of confidence. Do that, and like 90% of Lex's dialogue would have worked perfectly as is.
>>
>>81238006

No. He just knew that Wayne employee hated Supes enough to be a suicide bomber
>>
>>81238592

They never say this.
>>
File: 1.jpg (34 KB, 484x512) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34 KB, 484x512
Mega meme potential
>>
>>81239179
>They never say this.

He outright states it during his rooftop speech, anon.

He even says the YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIIEEEEEE line.
>>
>>81237853
CIRCLES
>>
>>81238992
>>81239126
i had absolutely no problem with eisenberg at all
just take away all the mannerisms. or maybe show a habit of him getting lost in his own thoughts
>>
>>81239179
Lex himself says it.
>>
>>81239179
>Talking about something you've never seen
/co/, never change.
>>
>>81239126
>less over-the-top, more grounded in a "distinguished" sense of confidence

..what?
>>
>>81241889
He means that he thinks the lines themselves were fine as written, but the delivery was wrong.
>>
>>81238438
Do you think he washed his hands before leaving the restroom?
>>
>>81241314
I was just a little upset he wasn't more like he was in "Now You See Me". I was upset over his casting until I saw him in that, and then I realized he could pull it off, but he ultimately went in a completely different direction.

Although, really, I did love how completely fucking crazy he was, but it was a composed kind of crazy. Made him interesting to watch.
>>
>>81237853
Because Lex tells the audience that he knew for a long time.
>>
>>81242118
No.

Cause he's evil.
>>
>>81238519
this
>>
>>81237853
He directly says Batman is Bruce Wayne when talking on the roof with Superbland.
>>
File: Black_cat_being_snowed_on.jpg (605 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Black_cat_being_snowed_on.jpg
605 KB, 2048x1536
>>81237853
this guy as lex is less fitting than ben as the bat.
>>
>>81239139

The dude didn't bomb anyone. Luthor gave him a new wheelchair that had a bomb in it.
>>
>>81239180
Better question for thread

Lex peed in the jar, or he payed someone else to pee?
>>
Still a little peeved he let Mercy die. That felt a little over the line for me.
>>
>>81237853
The trailer made it obvious. Why else would he give a fuck about Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent meeting?
Clark has an admirable job and is probably locally famous, I'm not dissing him, but as presented he's not in the same league as Bruce, pun intended.
You would only comment on them as a pair if you knew their secret identities, and wanted them to know that you know and possibly ship them.
>>
>>81242918
Maybe it wasn't even pee
>>
>>81243038
>deleted scene shows him going to a farmers market and buying really nice peach tea and sending it to her
>as it is being sent away he laughs thinking how she'll think it's pee and never get to drink and taste the best peach tea in the county
That's the kind of crazy I'd like.
>>
File: 1459025807253.png (7 KB, 349x298) Image search: [Google]
1459025807253.png
7 KB, 349x298
>>81243238
That IS the perfect kind of petty for this Lex. I could easily see Eisenberg's Luthor doing that.
>>
>>81243029
the trailer just felt like it was a setup for a huge trailer shot
the line just doesnt make sense at all
>>
>>81244861
So you think it was trailer bait? Eh, I don't know, if it was JUST for trailers it would probably be more egregious than that. The "fight of the century[?]" line was more glaring than his comment on both of them. Plus, Gotham and Metropolis are right next to each other in this series so it's more like meeting two local celebrities at the same time.
>>
>>81237853
When he was explaining his plan to Lois, he brought up the checks he sent to Bruce.

>>81238061
It's very stupid.
>>
>>81239126
>>81241314
It's clear to me that Snyder wanted Lex to be Superman's Joker. The ending scene at the prison solidified this theory for me.
>>
I thought the jar of pee was pretty damn funny honestly.
But why did he leave Mercy in the room with the wheel chair bomb?
>>
>>81242790
it's not clear whether he knew or not. Lex could have been like "this will be your chance to kill superman" n shit
>>
>>81239179
Too busy on your phone, huh? Can't leave it alone for more than a few minutes without getting withdrawals, can you?

Must be hard being in high school.
>>
>>81238061
this, what the fuck how could you miss this

the plot doesn't make any sense if he doesn't know Bruce is Bats

I mean it still doesn't regardless but it would make even less sense
>>
>>81245563
Holy fuck that projecting
>>
>>81242985
That's how you let pathetic, neckbeard weebs know he really is the bad guy.

He killed a beatiful, efficient aznqt who just wanted Lex to notice her.
>>
>>81243238
I never knew I could want something so stupid so badly.
>>
>>81242772
>Especially considering Ben was probably the best cinematic bat ever.
>>
CIRCLES VS TRIAANGLES
>>
>>81245456
With the plans he had in mind, he had no need for mercy.

>smugspic.jpg
>>
File: Itchy_&_Scratchy_Land_41.jpg (102 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Itchy_&_Scratchy_Land_41.jpg
102 KB, 576x432
Why was Lex even in the movie? His role could've been filled by Bruce and have it actually mean shit
>>
>>81245483
What was made clear is that he was baiting BATMAN with the returned checks. "You let your family die" wasn't directed to anyone but Bruce, and it was an attempt to rile him up.
>>
>>81239139
The bounced cheques were a sign he knew.
>>
>>81247372
GOD VS MAN
DAY VS NIGHT
XBOX VS PLAYSTATION
SODA VS POP
PC VS MAC
>>
>>81238148
This movie would have been better if he was literally Zuckerberg again and the film was about Facebook's evil plot to take over the world.
>>
My question is why did he create Doomsday? Wasn't it Batman's job to kill Superman?
>>
>>81238712
You don't get to a few million LexCorp OS friends without making a few enemies.
>>
>>81238052
Because then he can't use it as blackmail in the future
>>
>>81242119
>>81245363
I'll just come out and say it. Eisenberg's Lex Luthor is creepy -– and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Like I said before, he is unlike any other iteration of Lex we've seen in the past. He is a very charismatic up front, but there's something that's off about him, especially in the way that he talks and moves (i.e., "the red capes are coming."). Not only that, he seems obsessed with Superman in a similar way to his father, but in a dynamic that seems more reminiscent of the Joker's feelings toward Batman.

He is creepy because it's very clear that he knows what he's doing, but there's still some degree of insanity inside of him.

In the scene where Lois looks to Luthor and calls him a psychopath, Luthor admits to his seemingly crazy actions, but doesn't acknowledge it as being psychotic. Instead it seems as if he's operating with some kind of internal logic, just one that we haven't understood yet.
>>
>>81243038
>>81243238
>>81243493
>>81245824
This is what I was wondering the whole time, and when you look at the senator's face in that scene, you're left wondering if she was thinking the exact same thing.
>>
>>81239126
>The script is fine

Second biggest lie of 2016.
>>
>>81237853

He says so.
>>
>>81239139
Lol batfags in denial

The real question is how and why did he fucking know when lex couldnt figure out forever it's just shitty
>>
>>81248886
Just in case he couldn't depend on a human to do the job that 'alienfreakintechbornabomination' would be able to have a better chance at.
>>
>>81239139
In the scene with the creepy Martha photos, Lex straight-up tells Supes he's the one who sent Bruce the checks, specifically to egg on Batman's desire to fight Superman.
>>
>>81250965
The director's lack of direction and the shoddy editing are the other big problems. A lot ended up on the cutting room floor, and it was more dream sequences, and presumably, establishing shots.
>>
>>81239139
>He just knew that Wayne employee hated Supes enough to be a suicide bomber

>suicide bomber

He didnt knew. If he knew he would had been nervous. Lex put the bomb in the chair.
>>
>>81248886
He had several plans:

Superman kills batman show Superman as a monster

Batman kill Superman

Doomsday kills superman and then he kills doomsday

Aliens kill superman and he works with them

He didnt had just a plan b. He is always thinking on alternative moves. He could had stopped doomsday creation if A or B worked.
>>
>>81237853

Why didn't he put little kyrptonite shards in the chair, explodes, at least maims Supes.
>>
>>81251462
Because the point was to dehumanize him, not kill him, so when he does finally kill him he's the big hero.
>>
>>81243038
>>81243238
Just smell it.
>>
>>81251462
Also, not nearly enough Kryptonite to do so.
>>
>>81251444
Why did he hate superman? Why would he work with ayyylamo?
>>
You know I half expected Lex to broadcast this fight with his new OS trying to expose Superman as a murderer or something. Like he was putting on a big show trying to convey that neither Batman nor Superman were good, just men with power doing what they wanted. But no we just have a hateboner for god apparently....
>>
>>81251588
>Why did he hate superman?
Did you watch the movie?
The same reason he hates him in the comics: makes him feel small.
>>
>>81251590
>But no we just have a hateboner for god apparently....
You know that Lex Jr. was abused by his adopted stepfather, right?
>>
File: Luthor motivation.jpg (107 KB, 996x650) Image search: [Google]
Luthor motivation.jpg
107 KB, 996x650
>>81251590
>>
>>81237853
Why did Lex do anything in this movie?

>hard mode : No fucking assumptions
>>
>>81251846
That motivation works for an established Lex who's had his toes stepped on a few times.

Movie Lex hasn't done shit and Superman hasn't stopped shit.
>>
>>81248057
MARVEL VS DC
>>
Why does Lex cut off Zod’s fingerprints to get into the ship when he literally brings Zod with him?

Why does Lois Lane throw the Kryptonite spear into the water even after Superman flies away?

How did Lois know that they needed the spear? She wasn’t there when Superman said it. Why does she decide to dive after it?

Why did Superman use the spear and give his life? Why didn’t he fly over to Wonder Woman or Batman and tell them to use it? (For example, Batman and Superman could have distracted Doomsday while Wonder Woman stabbed him - she looked more than capable)

What was the point of Lex Corp employees making little logos for Cyborg, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Aqua Man?

What happened to Superman’s hairline?

What’s Superman’s motivation for hating Batman (before Lex kidnapped his mom)? If it’s simply because he doesn’t approve of his methods, why is he such a hypocrite?

How did Lex Luthor and Batman conveniently orchestrate their plans against Superman at the exact same time?

Why did hearing his mom’s name make Batman drop all his negative feelings towards Superman? What if her name was Samantha?

Why does Batman refer to Superman as his “friend” when talking to Martha when he was literally trying to kill him 5 minutes ago?

Why was Batman a mass murderer?

Why didn’t Superman stop the truck full of criminals that Batman was chasing? Was threatening Batman really more important that stopping crime?

What is Lex’s motivation for hating Superman?

Why doesn’t Lex’s plan make any sense? Did he actually expect Batman to kill Superman? If so, why didn’t he just give him the Kryptonite?
>>
>>81252480
>Why does Lex cut off Zod’s fingerprints to get into the ship when he literally brings Zod with him?

If he took the whole fucking hand, someone is bound to get suspicious! There are so many ways this could be hand waved away! – Because then you get to see the krypton scalpel used, because fuck you, the scalpel! THE SCALPEL! Or did we need a buzz saw or surgical saw for this scene? Also, because http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/15/unlike-apples-touchid-this-biometric-sensor-knows-if-your-finger-is-alive-or-dead/
>>
>>81252480
>The list of questions people are seriously asking in trying to make easily explainable things into "plot holes" again.

This. Why do people do this? Why are people being so deliberately obstinate with the stuff that's easily followable, unless they're experiencing the early onset of dementia or conditions of cognitive impairment, like those brought on by severe migraines? Because in that case, that's really heart wrenchingly bad, and would actually explain at least 20% of the arguments. The effects of insomnia, dehydration, and heithro unlisted debilitating conditions can be the unconsidered systemic cause of conflict here.

Maybe /co/ can start conducting multiple double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised, multicenter, 24-week Phase 1 clinical studies to test what is essentially a baseless accusation. Because I don't think we should be blaming all of our problems on an unproven scare over the alleged unprecedented rise in incidences relating to autism alone.
>>
>>81252601
>Why do people do this?

Because only a retard could watch this movie and go "Yeah, this all makes sense."
>>
NO-NAME REPORTER WHO I JUST MET VS FAMOUS BILLIONAIRE
>>
>>81252682

The questions being asked were all answered in the movie. The questions being asked are the wrong questions.
>>
Why would Lex even need a kryptonite scalpel? Surely Zod's corpse wouldn't keep processing sunlight once he's dead? The heat vision stopped immediately once Superman snapped his neck, surely a kryptonian corpse would have no more need for durability than a regular human corpse -in which case a regular scalpel should have done the trick. Just seems pretty silly that a kryptonian would continue to be invulnerable after death. Then again, I suppose it was kind of weird how the body didn't decompose at all and was still in pristine condition.
>>
>>81252726
I was wondering if I missed something there. But I do like the idea of Lex going around introducing every random guest to Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>81237853

because it was really badly written.
>>
>>81252726
I kind of expected that by the time that scene happened Clark would have made a name for himself somehow, but he's apparently writing local sports?

He should have been really fucking suspicious that Lex knew his name.
>>
>>81252757
>Why would Lex even need a kryptonite scalpel?
Because the film established that even long after death, Zod's cadaver was still unassailable to conventional methods of damage. They could not prep that fucker up for dissection! THIS WAS FUCKING WELL ESTABLISHED! WHY ARE YOU BEING A DENSE MOFO?!
>>
>>81252744
Bullshit they are. I can give you that a couple of those questions are dumb nitpicks but these?

What is Lex’s motivation for hating Superman?

Why doesn’t Lex’s plan make any sense?

Did he actually expect Batman to kill Superman? If so, why didn’t he just give him the Kryptonite?

The answers that people keep spouting either reference the comics (which isn't a valid argument when discussing movie that already changed so much), make Olympic level grand assumptions ( Zack is just 2deep4), or are just plain retarded ( Zack is just 2deep4)
>>
>>81245363
Lex just saw a NewGod & freaked the fuck out just after being a fedora tipper through out the movie.
>>
>>81252888

>What is Lex’s motivation for hating Superman?

His length talks spell out the reason why he hates Superman. You remember those? He was striving to be the most important and powerful person in the world and then Superman showed up being all-powerful and all-good and he couldn't stand it. It all went back to his father and his hang-ups with God.

>Why doesn’t Lex’s plan make any sense?

It made lots of sense. The only thing that wasn't given is how he figured out Superman and Batman's identities.
>>
>>81252920
No, it was the very thing he was trying to avert in the first place, and now he is revelling in the fact that it's happening. Worse yet, he was the one that made it happen. Fermi paradox nothing, he went up and told them where to find Earth, and is going to use the interplanetary scale conflict to seize control of national resources to get himself the level of power that his grandiosity has sought.
>>
>>81252920
>informing the NewGod with the coordinates of Earth.

But just as I say, it takes real judgement, guile, and forward thinking to get access to the crash site, the body, steal the prints, and circumvent the biometric security measures in place. I say that any boob can take and broadcast the Earth's location to some external hostile force. And they call that foolhardy. The first big step on the road degradation.

In the galactic coordinate system, the reference is a plane through the sun parallel to the mean plane of the galaxy. By specifying the orientation of the north galactic pole in terms of its equatorial coordinates, equatorial coordinates can be converted into galactic coordinates, and vice versa, using transformation equations on a pocket calculator.

Latitude in this system is given in degrees, + toward the north galactic pole, - toward the south galactic pole. Longitude is measured along the galactic equator to the east from the galactic center, with 0° at the intersection of the galactic equator with the celestial equator. From that, it isn't difficult to describe the relative position of Earth in the solar system and our solar system in the galaxy.

If you didn't have a Lex, you'd only need one anatomist, one computer engineer, a computer scientist, an astronomer, and a xenobiologist. There would be some people who could ply their trade in multiple disciplines, but the more the merrier, and the wider their skill sets, the better.
>>
>>81252988
>It made lots of sense.

Like the part where he's entirely capable of getting his hands on the kryptonite to kill Superman and his company could easily weaponize it but he instead goads Batman into stealing it?
>>
>>81253033
I really do believe that Lex, with his current repertoire of learning and the compliment of Kryptonian archival knowledge that he had been extensively studying, that he would be easily able to communicate with and divulge sensitive information to a hostile extraterrestrial intelligence during the time of the battle that was taking place. I just think that they underestimate the time needed to do it. But then again, the ship has a built-in neural interface with automatic translation. That needs to be taken into account.
>>
>>81252795
I imagine that despite being a good reporter Perry put him on a shit job as punishment for going against the grain too often.
>>
>>81253001

>No, it was the very thing he was trying to avert in the first place, and now he is revelling in the fact that it's happening.

Lex in the movie didn't gave a shit about Earth or humanity. He just hated Superman for being a fedora. In Lex's mind God wasn't good. So Superman couldn't have power and also be good. To him that shit was paradoxal. So he wanted to ruin Superman and expose him to the world as terrible and vain God that he is. Now Darkseid, Darkseid is a God the way Luthor likes it. A God who's evil.

Shit is right there in the movie.
>>
>>81253071
Yes, but you have to imagine that shit because the movie doesn't say.

Even shitty Superman Returns made everyone aware of Lois the Pulitzer winner.
>>
>>81253045
>"Gee, officer, I didn't use this mineral intended as a Superman deterrent to kill Superman. This crazed vigilante killer broke in and stole it--and killed Superman with it no less, the scoundrel!"
He knew what he was doing.
>>
>>81253045

He wanted to ruin Superman before killing him. Why is that so hard to understand? He also didn't expect Batman to steal his shit.
>>
>>81253110
Evidently not because it didn't work.

Holy fuck the shit some people will defend.
>>
>>81253074
>Lex in the movie didn't gave a shit about Earth or humanity.

But the Earth is where he keeps all his stuff, and having aliens f*ck with Earth would be a bad thing for his private interests. It's in Lex's interests to feign caring on behave of others.

>>81253074
And everything else you just said is completely and utterly, agreeably, correct.
>>
>>81253110
>>81253117
Even with his retarded plan to make the two fight he still managed to extra fuck everything up by telling Superman exactly what he was doing.
>>
>>81253167

>he still managed to extra fuck everything up by telling Superman exactly what he was doing.

Because he's a smug fucker and wanted to rub in Superman's face what he had done thinking that Superman would be able to do anything. He was powering over Superman.
>>
>>81253131
Plans have contingencies. What you call failure, he'd call "a minor setback". You can call that back peddling and goalpost shifting all you want, but in comic books, that's called Classic Villainy 101.
>>
>>81237853

Because he totally did. He explains as much to Superman, and the whole fucking mess of a plot is working on the assumption that he does, otherwise the whole showdown doesn't work.

Now WHY does he know? Because Snyder is a hack.
>>
>>81253167
And THAT only worked because Superman was also retarded, and instead of doing what he TOLD Lois he was going to do, which was explain the situation to Batman and ask for his help, he instead gets pissy and shoves the guy across a parking lot thus instigating the fight. And only asks for his help after he's gotten his ass beat. There was literally no reason for the shove other than this Superman is too much of a shithead to resist waving his dick even when there's more important things happening.
>>
>"Show don't tell!"
>"I don't like being spoonfed!"

And yet none of you faggots from /tv/ were able to follow along to the plot of this movie
>>
>>81253246
>don't show or tell
>"lel 2deep4u"
>>
>>81253246
The cut scenes will reveal all
>>
>>81253263

They showed and they told, mang.
>>
>>81253167
>What is a Catch-21?
He put Superman in a no-win situation and wanted the pleasure of gloating about it. Because this is not a story about project efficiency, this is a melodrama. And even then, this isn't Othello. We have a smarmy braggart giving his great taking pride, rejoicing in seeing his plot come to fruition, forcing the target of his loathing to recognise his own predicament and despair.
>>
>>81252772
>I do like the idea of Lex going around introducing every random guest to Bruce Wayne.
This is funnier than it has any right to be. I like it!
>>
>>81253295
>He put Superman in a no-win situation

It was extremely easy to win. He could have avoided the whole fight and saved his mom like like 8 minutes to spare if he'd not been a dumbfuck. The only reason he didn't is because the fight is the title of the movie.
>>
>>81253335
>if he'd not been a dumbfuck.
I think you're beginning to the real issue here. Here's a hint: The problem isn't with Lex.
>>
File: redux-superman.jpg (147 KB, 625x957) Image search: [Google]
redux-superman.jpg
147 KB, 625x957
Earth is a planet full of whiny angry psychotic sociopaths. No wonder Superman is always having such issues.
>>
Would it be crazy to say that the painting being upside down at the end symbolize that supes is coming back evil, hence why flash appears and tells Bruce warns bruce he was right about supes.
>>
>>81253243
Did you watch the movie?

"Bruce, listen to me..."
Sonic waves activated...
Yes he could have shout directly Lex has my mom, but he did not know kryptonite yet, so he thought that he could calm down Batman physically first.
>>
>>81254143

>so he thought that he could calm down Batman physically first.

That is an assumption.
>>
>>81237853
Because he sent baiting letters to him addressed to Bruce Wayne, you retard. This shit movie barely had a plot and you were too stupid to understand it.
>>
>>81254576
"Stand down. If I wanted it you'd be dead already."
After pushing him on the chest and sending him flying through a building.
>>
>>81254606

Watch the movie again
>>
So what is it, are we at 13 fan theories for BvS?
>>
>>81254772
You're low balling it buddy.
>>
>>81250493
Hey guys please give me replies so I can screencap this post, I worked really hard on this joke
>>
>>81253052
>>81242579
Provide Earth's location by sending an all-sky distribution in galactic coordinates of the ∼8600 x-ray-bright low-mass young stars identified by the ROSAT satellite.
>Have them follow the brightly lit breadcrumb trail.
>>
>>81248057

4chan vs. Reddit
>>
>>81254772
Lex knew that Darkseid was coming.

Lex also has an ego.

He didn't need HIS planet filled up with other fat headed aliens, the end.
>>
>>81253232
Maybe he knows because Bruce Wayne sneaks into the basement of his building, with like 15 fucking witnesses, goes into his server room which is probably protected by camera surveillance, hooks up some thingamajig that extracts secret data, and then the batman shows up at some place that was extremely secret but on the servers.

Or he looked at how many rich people in gotham city could feasible build the batmobile.
>>
Why was the bat-brand a death sentence? Like why would criminals kill you if batman was why you got arrested?
>>
>>81256057
To keep you from turning into the Joker or some other gimmicky asshole in a costume like most of the people Batman stops.
>>
>>81256057
Because everybody else gets killed by the batman. Imagine if you were in a gang, you were sick at home one night while the rest of the gang does some criminal shit. They all get destroyed by Batman flying by with his plane throwing firebombs at them and burning them alive, then filling them with holes from all his machineguns for good measure.

And then you're sitting in jail, seeing this fucking asshole brought in who actually survived a meeting with the Bat of Murder.
>>
>>81238150
Kek.
>>
>>81242918

I hope they put back the deleted scene where Lex purposely didn't drink enough liquids, to make his urine darker and more tea-colored.
>>
>>81253295
>Catch-21
Please die.
>>
>>81252480
>c-can someone please spoonfeed me?
>>
>>81258556
>P-please don't make this movie I like look like shit
>>
>>81253045
>Like the part where he's entirely capable of getting his hands on the kryptonite to kill Superman and his company could easily weaponize it but he instead goads Batman into stealing it?

And he makes said weapons.
He has SEVERAL plans.
Not one, he isnt the villian tht makes a plan and then says "welp that didnt work". He is using everything the can. How can that be hard to understand?

Plan A: Turn the world against Superman and Build Weapons for the State, make superman feel alienated
Plan b: Make Batman kill Superman, handle him the tools without him knowing, make superman feel alienated
Plan c: Superman kills Batman, turn the world against Superman
Plan d: Use Bioweapong to kill superman, make the world know you were right you need more weapons. Destroy Doomsday
yourself and be the hero.
Plan e: Use metahumans to destroy superman and or doomsday

Plan f: When everything fails contact Aliens, ally with them.

The movie direction was shit, but it's obvious Luthor didnt had a plan, he had several and almost all worked he failed at:

Sending the checks, thinking Superman and batman would kill each other, not counting they could ally. And thinking his mind could survive contact with the new gods.
>>
>>81258744
If Lex knew Doomsday would be uncontrollable why did he stick around for his "birth"? He almost instantly tried to kill him
>>
>>81258852
He could had stopped Doomsday birth if Superman brought the head of batman or batman killed Superman. He was counting on superman to engage with Doomsday if he needed it.
>>
>>81259045
>or batman killed Superman
How would he know when that happened? Batman wasn't working with Lex, he'd just have to hope that happened.
>>
>>81259508
>How would he know when that happened?
Superman would not comback after the 30 minutes
>>
>>81259655
But when Superman DID show up Doomsday was already coming out, let's say Superman went after his mom like he wanted instead of Batman Lex would have died
>>
>>81250965
Except it was a huge improvement over Goyer's MoS and Nolan Trilogy scripts. It doesn't have anybody wanking off the protagonist at expense to their entire character, it doesn't have big silly speeches...
>>
>>81259834
Hecould stop him. Doomsday was about to come out, but lex still had tome to abort, or at least that's what the whole energy and electricity thing seems to indicate.
>>
>>81250848
isnt "his logic" told to us during his line where he tells supes that, " if god is all powerful he isnt all good vice versa" ?
>>
>>81252480
>Easier than stealing a whole hand
>Because it was hurting Clark, and then the monster showed up and started shooting kryptonian eye-beams. She's a journalist, following threads is in her job description.

Fucking /co/ is so used to CW bimbos and Marvel's one-dimensional warrior women that actually having a woman think jars people this much.

>Because he knew whoever did it would get killed. So he did it.
>Because Lex Luthor is a fanboy. He probably picks out the Justice League and orchestrates everything all Checkmate-style later.
>Man from UNCLE underperformed
>Maybe he thinks taking down a brutalistic urban legend will make him look better in the eyes of the world?
>Because plot
>Because Batman is a psychopath obsessed with his parents. He would've killed Superman if he hadn't said "Martha." I thought it was clever how they incorporated this long-standing coincidence into the plot.
>Because it's easier than explaining the plot and leads to another of Diane Lane's funny deadpan lines.
>Because he's older and more jaded. He's one of Gotham's good men who didn't "stay that way", like he says to Alfred.
>See above
>1 part comic-book "he stunts the drive of the common man" Lex, one part "daddy didn't love me, there is no god, hate the christ stand-in".
>He expected Superman to kill Batman. He worked hard for that Kryptonite, Lex doesn't seem like the kind to share.

There, I just plugged every fucking plothole. All I had to do was think for three seconds. Validate me.
>>
>>81260070
not the guy who asked the question, but what about that future scene with the obvious allusion to darkseid and the ,presumably, justice league member that came to bats in his dream?
i mean i guess its probably a meant as an expansion to a wider universe but its so haphazard to be honest.
>>
>>81259953
I doubt Lex could do shit at that point, it was probably just random sci fi lightning that serves no purpose other than looking cool
>>
>>81260157
I saw it as a frankestein monster thing.
As if until that Doomsdey wasnt really alive, it was just developing, and then the big lightning show was like the said monster.
I dont know meaby i'm reading too much in that scene, but with all the Teology in that movie, Superman being a god that wants to be a man, Batman being a man that defies the gods and join them, lex and his monster fell IMO a like frankenstein, scientist creates lifes and stuff. That's probably the only reaosn why i think he could had stopped Doomsday's awakening.
>>
>>81260147
Psychic backlash from first-time time-travel echoed possible future events through hypertime and reverberated them within Bruce's personal timestream.

tl;dr, speedforce, I ain't gotta explain shit.

The Flash wasn't a dream, you can see papers fluttering around Bruce when he wakes up the second time.
>>
>>81260070

Got bored reading through the asinine questions, but you got the last question wrong. Lex did give Bruce the kryptonite. Practically handed it to him on a silver platter. I hope I don't have to get into why he had make him feel like he stole it.
>>
>>81260307
That would have been smart on Lex's part, but then why was he angry when Batman took it?
>>
>>81260262
Lex wanted Doomsday to be the devil though.
>>
>>81260338
He wanted Bruce to join him.
Stealing it was offensive.
>>
>>81260357
Yeah, but he also talks about prometheus in the movie.

>>81260338
He didnt seem that angry.
>>
>>81255802
>Not tumblr
>>
>>81253422
Aye, Lex was pretty decent. But with Batman's brain cancer, Lois's constant concussions finally getting the better of her mind, and Superman's depression-fueled lack of concentration, none of the main heroes had a chance to catch on to the plot at reasonable spots in the story.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.