[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"he killed eighty people in two days" - black widow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: eqweqweqwe.png (573 KB, 856x354) Image search: [Google]
eqweqweqwe.png
573 KB, 856x354
>"he killed eighty people in two days" - black widow to Thor about loki

so, Loki killed more people than hundreds of Chitauri. Okay then Marvel.
>>
>>81236189

this retcon is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>81236189
The Avengers were actually saving people

Unlike some other movies...
>>
Reminds me of all the awkwards ways they went about telling the audience in BvS that the places where the characters were fighting were abandoned and civilians were 100% safe.

Why can't their be casualties is action movies anymore?
>>
>>81236189
Bravo Marvel
>>
>>81236318
Everyone bitched and moan shit actually got destroyed when Superman day 1 fights other Supermen
>>
>>81236189
maybe that the casualities that the screenshot was refering, were just of that one scene and not the whole event
>>
>>81236318
BEcause otherwise, you'd get the kind of shit that you go with MoS, people with their "You didn't save a damn thing" memes
>>
>>81236360
The problem is that he doesn't even look like he cares about civilian casualties until the neck snap. He doesn't try leading Zod away or anything. He throws Zod into buildings even though that doesn't damage Zod and vice versa, which only serves to increase the destruction and deathtoll. Then all of a sudden OH NO NOT THIS FAMILY OF FOUR, THAT REQUIRES A QUICK SNAP. Fucking Dragon Ball Z takes more care to make the protagonists look like heroes.
>>
I bet the movie comes out and they just either don't have that number there or it's like "UNKNOWN" or some shit
>>
>>81236432
Superman never had control of the fight to lead Zod anywhere. Zod dictated where the fight took place
>>
>>81236311
What's your point? It's six versus thousands. I don't care how good they are, there is no way in hell only 74 people died.

Also, really? Taking shots at Man of Steel to cover for this bullshit? Comparing one rookie going up against a combat veteran who has the same god-like power as he does and is getting stronger every second, to six powerful and experienced people going up against an army of mooks? That isn't even slightly fair.
>>
>>81236318
>>81236360
because unlike you autistic edgelords, most people want to see superheroes save people using logical sense.

>oh shit theres a building on fire
>better smash that building to bits
>killed thousands of people

>B...BUT HE PUT OUT THAT FIRE~!!~~!!@!
>>
I'd like to remind everyone that, considering the film and this scene aren't actually out there to be viewed, it is entirely possible that the losses and causalities are those directly attributed to the Avengers' involvement. For example, Hulk crashes through an office building and dives out the other side, and there's not a chance in hell he ran through it without hurting anyone.

The whole point is that the Avengers are acting without supervision and structure - They wouldnt attribute the death toll of the alien incursion to them.
>>
>>81236311
They saved about 50 people from household accidents and heart attacks, too, if that number is to be believed.
>>
>>81236432
He told ppl to run in the smalville fight and ppl with brains were running in metropolis.
I don't want a hero hand holding me every step of the way. I didn't like that Cap and Police exchange for that very reason.
>>
>>81236311
I like how people choose to ignore the fact Superman saved the world four times in Man of Steel.
>>
>>81236432
Yeah, it's not like Zod made it clear from the start that he wanted to murder everyone more than he wanted to fight Superman. Had he tried to "lead him away" Zod would have just shrugged, stayed where he was, and slaughtered people.
>>
>>81236761
And those six are whom the aliens were primarily trying to kill, because THEY ARE WHOM LOKI CARED ABOUT KILLING.
>>
>>81239622
stay mad you idiot
>>
Are you all being twits on purpose or just not thinking about it? "He killed 80 people" clearly refers to him and his army, which he summoned to do his dirty work. The chitauri are probably slaves after all. 80 is near enough to 74, so this isn't a retcon at all, it's pretty accurate.
>>
It is amazing how Man of Steel retroactively changed the Marvel films. I mean, it was noticeable in AoU how they were going out of their way to save every civilian.
>>
>>81242975
That is actually a really good thing though

They were going out their way to save civilians in Avengers too though. Remember that great scene of Cap instructing cops to redirect people and set up a perimeter?
>>
>>81237509
You didn't like Cap acting like a leader in an emergency situation?
>>
>>81236432
>is the one getting thrown around by a superior fighter, doesn't even throw the first punch after the world engine is gone, Zod leaps at him
>actually drags the fight in fucking orbit, about as far as it gets, until ZOD brings it back down by throwing a satellite at supes
>hurr superman didn't do anything to take the fight anywhere
I'll give you some credit for smallville, but he's still the one getting thrown around by pro warriors.
I'm sorry reality makes it hard to keep this company wars shit going.
Speaking of:
>9/11 was two skyscrapers being destroyed in a suprise attack
>2,900 dead
>Brussels suicide bombing:+70 dead, hundreds wounded
>thousands of vicious alien marauders, and a handful of giant alien flying beasts that knock down tens of buildings, all raising New York for what was realistically almost an hour, only slowed by six people, one of which was too busy bantering with Loki for a chunk of it, but all of which can only be in one place at once, and often were in groups: not even 100 dead
Go ahead and tell me how the fuck that works. DC is guilty of its own shit, and so is marvel.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.