[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know BRE is shit, but I just wanted to point out how completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: BMRBET_26_4-5.jpg (636 KB, 1600x1230) Image search: [Google]
BMRBET_26_4-5.jpg
636 KB, 1600x1230
We all know BRE is shit, but I just wanted to point out how completely unthreatening this final standoff is. Every villain in the story who can fight at all has been defeated. The heroes are up against a geriatric, three on one, and she still acts like she's going to win. Even if she manages to convert Harper Fan Row Favorite to her side, who gives a shit? She's the weakest of them. Nightwing can pound her to shit with his left hand, pound Granny to shit with his right hand, and it's over. This is our climactic finale to the 26 issue story.

And it's Tynion personally writing, just as a heads-up to anyone who still thought 'Tec looked promising.
>>
>>81236034
Yea, well, she's a woman.
>>
File: Cass109.jpg (56 KB, 584x1104) Image search: [Google]
Cass109.jpg
56 KB, 584x1104
>>81236034
Mother didn't even do a good job of seducing Harper to the Dark Side last issue. She shouldn't have given Harper her costume back until she did what Mother wanted.

Add the dialogue in the Dick-Azz fight, and it was probably the worst written issue of the series. Seriously, Dick, expose Mother's crimes to her mind-slave followers?
>>
>>81236034
>Every villain in the story who can fight at all has been defeated.

...All of them by the same guy.

Gotta point this one out too: they literally call Midnighter and have him pretty much solve the problem, by himself. That's the payoff of twenty-six cocking issues: we call an unrelated character from outside the story and have him solve everything.

This series is a fucking joke.
>>
Can't wait for Harpoer to die tomorrow
>inb4 people who seriously think she'll survive this
Dick needs a reason to turn his Nightwing costume blue and she's nowhere to be seen post-Rebirth even tho Duke is
>>
>>81239035
>Gotta point this one out too: they literally call Midnighter and have him pretty much solve the problem, by himself. That's the payoff of twenty-six cocking issues: we call an unrelated character from outside the story and have him solve everything.
Classic Murderbatman trolling. Was it Valentine who did that? That's amazing.
>>
File: 1254126526487.jpg (61 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1254126526487.jpg
61 KB, 400x350
>>81239119
>Dick needs a reason to turn his Nightwing costume blue

Oh my fucking god, if that shit is done in order to honor the shittiest fucking shit ever

fuck just thinking about it makes me mad
>>
File: joy beyond words02.jpg (106 KB, 450x1225) Image search: [Google]
joy beyond words02.jpg
106 KB, 450x1225
>>81239200
But thinking about Harper's corpse makes me happy.
>>
>>81239119
>Can't wait for Harpoer to die tomorrow
>>inb4 people who seriously think she'll survive this

I'm not even a Harper fan, but I think she'll live. I'd imagine they'd want a "mini-bomb" like her death to be dropped during the Rebirth issues or the #52s.
>>
You realise Dick is the one who's going to die and Harper will become the new Nightwing right?
>>
>>81239163

It's fucking retarded, that's what it is. Terrible storytelling. A cool scene in a vacuum, but it makes everything pointless. Well, more pointless than it already was. Why have all these dozen caped assholes in the comic in the first place if Middy just pops in in the third-to-last issue and solves their whole problem for them?
>>
>>81239263
Yeah those post-Rebirth books with Dick are secretly Harper right?
>>
>>81239245

Whoever kills Harper is going to be the real hero of BRE.

Except if it's Harper herself. Then it cancels out.
>>
>>81239344
It's the perfect end to a shit sundae.
>>
>>81236034
>Standing over a bound, unarmed captive with a knife
Do you Ameriturds even know what you look like?
>>
>>81239405

I have actual serious problem deciding if this weekly is better or worse than Countdown.
>>
>>81239200
>getting this triggered over something that won't happen
>>
>>81239200
Any port in a storm anon. If it ends with Harper dead or done, I'll be happy.
>>
Kind of funny that the comic that does everything it can to hard-sell Harper is the single biggest reason people hate her.
>>
>>81236034
>Nightwing can pound her to shit with his left hand, pound Granny to shit with his right hand, and it's over.

I think you mean pound all 3 of the girls there with his dick. All at the same time.
>>
>>81239163
It was Steve Orlando
>>
>>81236034
>She's the weakest of them. Nightwing can pound her to shit with his left hand, pound Granny to shit with his right hand, and it's over.

The #1 rule in Snyder - Tynion land is that the whole pre-established Batfamily are shit compared to Harper.
>>
>>81238697
Which Azrael was it?
>>
>>81240230
First one.
>>
>>81240259
Micheal Lane will never come back, will he?
>>
>>81240156

Considering how earlier Jason and Cass together couldn't restrain Harper without engaging in a suicidally stupid triple KO stunt that led to them being captured, yeah, actually it does seem like these writers aren't aware that just a few months ago she was a 100% civilian with no special training whatsoever.
>>
>>81240083
>he's going full Wildstorm
>>
>>81240347
>just a few months ago she was a 100% civilian with no special training whatsoever.
Has Batman (or anyone) ever actually even trained Harper?
>>
>>81241119
Possibly Steph. Other than that she's just that super special a snowflake.
>>
>>81241311
Steph's always been more of a gifted amateur though, no way her training should let her take on Jason or Cass alone let alone together. Bitch has some of the strongest plot armour I've ever seen.
>>
>>81241462
Not in the new 52. In it she was undeniably amateur but ended up getting trained by Catwoman.
>>
>>81241119

Tim's trained her in some basic stuff, probably Stephanie too. Harper's big thing is she's a tech head.
>>
>>81239401
So if Harper commits seppuku she goes from the worse to meh?
>>
>>81241558

Both Catwoman and the fill-in Eiko who taught Stephanie a great deal of fighting skills.
>>
>>81241558
>>81241656
I take it back then, I didn't realise she'd been in any other books other than the 2 Batman weeklies.
>>
>>81241609
>Harper's big thing is she's a tech head.
Then Jason and Cass jobbing to her makes no sense.
>>
>>81241609
>Harper's big thing is she's a tech head.
See, in my opinion, that's the biggest problem with Harper: she just brings absolutely nothing new to a team of heroes that had already been pretty bloated before she joined.

Harper is a tech whiz, but so is Tim. Harper is a plucky teenage girl, but so is Steph. Harper has anger issues, but so do Jason and Damian. Harper has a tragic origin story, but so does everyone else. The character is redundant in every conceivable way.
>>
>>81241800
>The character is redundant in every conceivable way.
B-but she's the ultimate Robin...
>>
>>81241742

Cass was obviously holding back, and kind of wants to suffer for doing what she did to Harper. Hence why she chose to kind of hurt them both in ending the fight. Yeah it was weak ass, but that's basically what I got why she did what she did. >>81241800

You forgot she also has Tim's view point that Batman needs a Robin aka when Damian died to balance Bruce out.

Harper was only created to fill a void. A void that's gone now with bringing Tim, Stephanie, Cassandra back in, and now with Duke makes her even more redundant. .
>>
>>81241742
Jasons role outside his own book at the moment seems to be to loose to show how strong other character are, a bit like what they used do to Lady Shiva, who ironically Tynion once wrote Jason beating the crap out of. And Cass new role is as Harper's back story.

So they had to loose to the fan favourite.
>>
>>81241898
The way she was written in B&RE, she's more like the ultimate Mary Sue.
>>
>>81241898
So is Damian. The redundancy continues.
>>
>>81241800

I don't think I'd have a problem with Harper if the editorial were content to have her be a side character brought in for specific stories, like Leslie Thompkins in pre-Nu52 continuity. But they seem hellbent on forcing her to be popular, while at the same time neglecting a ton of heroes that already succeeded at that but are underused.

BRE is maybe the biggest offender. It literally is "Harper Row Eternal". The whole story revolves around her. Interviews told us this was supposed to be a "celebration of the 75th anniversary of Robin" yet all the Robins are meaningless in the story. It was advertised on the back of Cassandra Cain (an actual "fan favorite") coming back, but she only came back as a weird prop, a backstory enabler for Harper. The whole thing is just Harper, Harper, Harper. I don't know what the fuck are they thinking.
>>
>>81239401
>Except if it's Harper herself. Then it cancels out.
Wrong, if she does it herself she's an hero.
>>
>>81242222
I couldn't agree more. The way Harper has been portrayed in B&RE is nothing but obnoxious. Before this book, I had no opinion on the character whatsoever, but now I actively despise her.
>>
Also, Harper's costume, apart from just being pretty damn lame in general, does an exceptionally shitty job at hiding her true identity, what with that mask leaving her brightly teal and purple dyed sidecut (or whatever the fuck you call that hair style) and her facial piercings uncovered.
>>
>>81242610
Superman's disguise is a pair of glasses.
>>
>>81242744
I'm not saying Clark's "disguise" isn't stupid. I'm just saying so is Harper's.
>>
>>81242744

Superman's face is so generic as to be almost featureless. Harper's face is full of unique snowflake identifiers.
>>
How many times has Jason, Tim, or Dick been tasered/gassed/knocked out ect in this book to keep the plot moving forward at it's slow pace and give Harper a chance to do something.
>>
>>81242744
Clark is a generic looking guy though. If he had facial tattoos and a green mohawk then it would be comparable.
>>
>>81236034

What the fuck's even supposed to happen in the last issue? Like, what is the actual fucking final battle supposed to look like? EVERY VILLAIN HAS BEEN DEALT WITH, except Mother, who is hardly a physical threat.

Is the end boss supposed to be Harper?
>>
>>81240035
>I think you mean pound all 3 of the girls there with his dick. All at the same time.
My nigga.
>>
File: shit_hair_desu.jpg (234 KB, 588x903) Image search: [Google]
shit_hair_desu.jpg
234 KB, 588x903
>>81242610
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.