[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>in Batman 89' he intentionally BLOWS UP a building full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: aOl1gbe.png (1 MB, 1428x2080) Image search: [Google]
aOl1gbe.png
1 MB, 1428x2080
>in Batman 89' he intentionally BLOWS UP a building full of goons
>BvS is somehow shit for Batman killing
Also why the fuck is no one talking about how fucking useless he was against Doomsday. He did literally nothing and if WW was still looking through the files he would have literally died RIGHT OFF THE BAT.
He shoots him with the grenade but WW already had the lasso on him and she struggled about the same after he got gassed. I guess he'll probably make the gadget or a weapon to help repel darkseid but he's useless in the field against these guys.
Even in the armor versus supes he was groaning and moaning every time supes smacked him through a wall.
>>
Marvel Studios level adaptation didn't exist yet. There's no excuse to not get the characters correct now.
>>
>>81218767
Yeah they really nailed Thor
>>
>>81218735
This was supposed to be the definitive LA batman
If it wasn't for the killing he would be
>>
>>81218767
>correct

you guys don't really understand the fact these stories are just base off the characters right? they can use the characters to tell whatever story they want. why do you guys have to get so anal about the details when you know it doesn't matter in the long term. they make these movies to print money, not to appeal to "real" comic readers like you who look for "correct" adaptations
>>
>>81218805
And even Marvel knows they fucked up.
>>
>>81218735
>>in Batman 89' he intentionally BLOWS UP a building full of goons
>>BvS is somehow shit for Batman killing
He also threw a goon like 60 stories down a fucking clock tower to his death in 89' Batman

Also caused The Joker to fall to his death
Batman Returns: Smiled maniacally before kicking one of The Penguin's goons down into a hole with a live grenade strapped to him. walked away giving no fucks as he exploded

Bat of Murder indeed.
>>
Batman was fine, he was obviously off his rocket after an eventful career. They had Superman lose to him so it was Supes time to show off with Doomsday.

Of all the things you could complain about this shit movie
>>
>>81218767
Riiiight, Just admit that you never called out the other movies for doing the same shit this one does and be done with it.
>>
>>81218735
>Also why the fuck is no one talking about how fucking useless he was against Doomsday. He did literally nothing and if WW was still looking through the files he would have literally died RIGHT OFF THE BAT.

Because it makes sense? He was way out of his weight class and almost entirely unprepared. And we all know preptime is his true superpower.
>>
>>81218735

Becuase Tim Burton never pretended to give a shit about the comic books or pander to nerds with "us fans, huh?" wanking. He was always 100% clear about them being Burton movies first, second and third and them being Batman movies fourth.

Also Batman in the Burtonverse is a legitimate lunatic, he was explicitly written to be an emotionally stunted madman who got his rocks off from being the Bat.
>>
>>81218835
Ironically, the more correct they are, the more successful they end up being.
>>
>>81218908
I can't speak for everyone, but I've always said there's good movies with a character named Batman in them, but there's never been a good Batman movie.
>>
>>81218735

I bet you'd have been complaining if he was doing more against Darkseid.
>>
>>81218972
If he really was batgod like he was supposed to be then no.
>>
File: file.png (112 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
112 KB, 480x360
>>81218735
>RIGHT OFF THE BAT
>OFF THE BAT
>>
>>81218735
I actually like that he was useless against doomsday, gives a bigger reason to form the league. Other than playing distraction what else would Batman possibly be able to do?
>>
>>81218893

This is what I felt too. In the comics after Jason died he was beating people to the brink of death until Tim came along to tell him to cut that shit out. I think they're attempting to do something similar what with Batman intentionally missing the Batbrand at the end, just way edgier.
>>
>>81218893
>off his rocket
rocker anon
>>
>>81219078
ah that
>>
>>81218767
>Iron Man
>Thor
>Ultron
>Hawkeye
>Mandarin
What's that again?
>>
File: horns.jpg (16 KB, 400x365) Image search: [Google]
horns.jpg
16 KB, 400x365
>>81219078
>rocker anon

All night
>>
>>81218940
well you can argue Nolan trilogy wasn't exactly "correct". it becomes less important when you have actual story telling and narrative skill. marvels just found their groove early on and they're capitalising.

either way. we should rejoice since this the best were gon a be given. not like we can change what kinda shit they put out
>>
>>81219119
all I want is the mcu to actually call Tony on all his shit, all he does is fuck things up worse than the villains.
>yfw Thanos actually can't get to earth but then Tony accidentally opens a portal for him after everyone tells him not to fuck with some new alien tech
>>
How do you guys not understand that his whole arc was about reclaiming his no kill thing. That's why he didn't brand Luthor, that's why he says he failed Superman in life but won't in death.
>>
>>81219174
>we should rejoice since this the best were gon a be given
I'm not gonna rejoice because a shitty movie is all I'm going to get.
>>
>>81219380
everyone does, w're just having fun. The movie was made, there will be more, just sit back and enjoy the ride now
>>
I too hope Snyder makes more DCEU films!

t. Marveldrone
>>
>>81219555
It just pisses me off that people are trashing this movie so hard, I really loved it.

And everyone harps on the spear as ham fisted symbolism but no one is talking about the more subtle symbolism like John Bat-ist, Heron Luthor, FDR Unknown Superman, the continuous Paul Revere thread etc.

And what also makes me mad is how people dont understand Luthor's motivation, as if it always hasnt just been Luthor's character that makes him inherently hate Superman, and I think Eisenberg showed that really well.
>>
Were this batman and 89 not similarly off their shit?
They're both pretty unhinged, it's just that 89's feels more lively and idk, out there.
Batfleck could exist irl desu. Not like military can't make real and better batmobiles if some movie fucks can build one.
>>
Speaking of superheroes killing.

Anyone else recall the sub-plot about Lois proving Superman didn't kill those African terrorists? They make a big deal to show that Luthor hired the mercenaries who end up killing the terrorists.

However this point is fucking moot when Superman rescues Lois from the leader by shoving the leader through two concrete walls; no doubt shattering every organ and bone in his body in the process. So yeah, Superman did kill the guy when he likely could have rescued Lois without killing him.

It completely makes Superman crying over snapping Zod's neck pointless.
>>
>>81219681
he didn't kill him, you are making an incorrect assumption
>>
>>81219633
I dunno man, I wouldn't let it get to you. even with the drop the movie is on it's way to make a decent chunk of change so there will be more so we get to keep getting movies, looking forward to Aquaman and Flash myself
>>
>>81219718
He sent a human through a concrete wall. Not only is he dead, he's likely nothing but paste on the front side.

He also didn't have billion dollar Iron Man armor like Batman did.
>>
>>81219681
>wrap arms around him
>arms shatter the concrete before his body touches it
>>
>>81219752
you make a good point, I should just let myself enjoy what I enjoy and not care what other people think

>>81219753
they were made of adobe
>>
>>81219681
You can hide one warlord but not the entire village senpai, they had to make it big.
And supes killing again is still progress, just not the one (YOU) wanted. He obviously made a choice and currently feels a certain way about terrorist scum threatning his beloved women.
>>
>>81219771
>they were made of adobe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9QMXsy00DQ
>>
>>81218767
kek
>>
>>81219810
just after effects and clay
>>
>>81218735
Batman being an unhinged lunatic was the one good thing in that movie.
>>
File: RCO021g.jpg (672 KB, 1200x714) Image search: [Google]
RCO021g.jpg
672 KB, 1200x714
Because OP, no one wants to see Batman kill except the Joker and and a small band of idiots who've never read a Batman comic in their lives, or who simply don't get the character.
>>
File: condescendingmessi.png (32 KB, 113x125) Image search: [Google]
condescendingmessi.png
32 KB, 113x125
>>81218735
>he would have literally died RIGHT OFF THE BAT
>>
File: 0.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>81219771
This should be the building the leader was in when Superman shows up. Your telling me someone can survive being the projectile that creates a man sized hole in the wall and then is sent out and created another hole in a different wall?

Nope, just go with >>81219783

and admit Synder Supes just doesn't give a shit about being an executioner.

Which makes sense considering the Kent family taught him such great morals like.

>Let a bus full of children die to protect yourself
and
>You don't owe humanity a goddamn thing, be their god or do nothing.
>>
I thought the one car he blew up when chasing after the Kryptonite was fucking weird, but at the end of the movie when he was basically thinking "either I do everything in my power to save Martha Kent or the planet erupts into whatever I saw in that vision" it didn't bother me.
>>
>>81219856
>>81219810
>Adobe products
yep, about right for a third world nation
>>
>>81219998

>This should be the building the leader was in when Superman shows up. Your telling me someone can survive being the projectile that creates a man sized hole in the wall and then is sent out and created another hole in a different wall?

They made a point to show the guys Batman killed and talk about him being brutal, they made a point that Superman only killed Zod.

Superman's fists could've been outstretched to break the wall before he even grabbed the guy.

He's Superman. Super senses and all that. He can figure that shit out down to the last molecule.
>>
>>81219998
the point of the bus full of children and you dont own humanity anything lines were to illustrate how the kents are giving their son the same freedom the El's were on krypton, freedom from society telling him who he should be. But with that freedom Superman STILL chooses to be a hero which makes his choice all the more valiant.

And Superman immediately flies after the terrorist leader to stop him from plummeting to his death, why would he save a corpse? He's superman, he knows how to punch a guy through a wall without killing him, Batman was able to punch through a wall just fine.
>>
>>81218735
I'd like to think this is like the Jojo universe, where unless it is explicitly told or shown, no one ever dies.

So you can take a grenade to the face, but if it is never shown how it was blown up or chunks, or someone yells "OMG they killed Alex", you simply end up in the hospital.
>>
>>81220105
>Jl ends with roundabout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M
>>
>>81218735

Batman 89 was also shit.
>>
Why did Batman and Superman support soldiers killing millions of other soldiers during World War 2?

Why don't people care that Jor El shot and killed people with a gun?
>>
>>81218874

No they dont. They're just throwing Hulk at it and calling it a day
>>
>>81218735

>Even in the armor versus supes he was groaning and moaning every time supes smacked him through a wall.

That's the point. He can only even fuck with Superman because Superman isn't going to mutilate a human being.
>>
>>81220082
>And Superman immediately flies after the terrorist leader to stop him from plummeting to his death

Is this a deleted scene or something?

I could have sworn it went
>I'll kill her
>Superman smirks
>moves super fast, we see a hole in the wall and the terrorist gone
>implication that he just sent him crashing through it
>Superman kisses Lois
>>
>>81220228
Sorry I misremembered, but Superman flies through the wall with the terrorist and comes back, he didnt kill the guy.
>>
>>81220082

dude, wut? This Superman doesn't give a fuck about if people die. He didn't stop the terrorists from shooting Jimmy Olsen in the head, and he sure as fuck didn't save the village the terrorist/warlord/whatever were protecting from getting wiped out (as they stated in the senate hearing). You hit a dude with enough force that their body breaks through a stone wall, they are fucking dead, or all their bones are shattered.
>>
>>81220251
I'm willing to believe that, I do think he returns to the room and they make a pretty big deal about Superman being framed for killing the other soldiers so it wouldn't make sense to have him actually kill one of them.
>>
File: Hawkeye in a nutshell.jpg (42 KB, 540x287) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye in a nutshell.jpg
42 KB, 540x287
>>81219119
>>Hawkeye
He's still a snarky asshole; the character's the same, his story is just different.
>>
>>81219894
Go to bed capecuck, you have anime characters to bitch about in the morning. Kenshiro ain't gonna hate himself.
>>
>>81219681

The whole thing was retarded. "Oh we have to have a meeting at congress beause some war lords got shot when Superman was there" but they didn't have one for Zods attack?
>>
File: 1378799310621.jpg (10 KB, 132x140) Image search: [Google]
1378799310621.jpg
10 KB, 132x140
>>81218735
Carlos you sneaky fucker.
>>
>>81220386
>snarky
I don't think that means what you think it means. The only thing that really keeps the avengers similar to their comic book counterparts is that they're all really sarcastic. The only thing I have to complain about Cap is the way he comes across as, he comes across as unrealistic good, when in reality he should be seen as a moral authority.
>>
>>81220316
he didnt just hit him through the wall he fly him through it while he himself was destroying the wall you idiot.

and there are a host of reasons the other people died, he could have been doing saving other people and only got there in time to save Lois. maybe he just stays out of political things like he does in the comics.

and of course superman cares about death, he keeps saving people from fires and shit
>>
>>81220489
it was a meeting for everything superman had done, the most recent thing was just the warlord thing. but why do you think the cripple guy was there? he wasnt at the warlord thing. use your brain dummy
>>
He only intentionally killed flamethrower guy
And that was because he was going to kill Martha and he was all emo about his parents in that particular moment.
He could have figured out a non lethal takedown but it was whatevs
>>
>>81220656
Are you kidding me?

Batman killed at least a dozen men by shooting rockets and sending their cars into a fire crash during the chase for the Kryptonite.
>>
>>81220794
No, he just didn't save them. As far as anyone who can form coherent, individual thoughts is concerned, that shit was all in the batmobile's way and he was simply clearing his way to the score. >>81220316
>doesn't care if people die
Except he does you stupid nigger. He just knows he can't save everyone and it isn't worth trying to. Something comics supes also realizes just way fucking later.
>>
>>81220918
That is not a fucking justification, just admit Synder Bat kills people.

For fuck sake that was the whole character arc for Batman.
>probably started out with a "no killing" rule
>Robin dies, Batman becomes bitter
>starts "branding" criminals, giving them a death sentence
>after BvS Batman goes back to his "no kill" rule; as shown by Batman not branding Lex Luthor
>>
>>81220994
Snyder Bats killed people. Burton Bats killed. Batman 89 killed people. Nolan Bats killed people. they've all killed. The difference between 89 and this one is 89 did that shit with a smile on his face.
>>
>>81218735

>Pissed about Batman killing in movie.
>Talk about it with friends and co-workers, maybe other nerds at comic shop.
>Done talking about it after a week.

>Pissed about Batman killing in movie
>Upload youtube video of your rage
>Write tumblr blog about it
>update facebook page with links to blog & video
>search for the thousands of others saying the same thing
>watch their videos/read their blogs
>Rage reading articles detailing the times Batman killed
>upvote people that hate said article like you do
>Listen to your favorite podcasts discussing the movie
>Find new podcasts when they have a different viewpoint
>get into twitter wars over kill/no-kill rules
>literally murder the next person who asks why Batman doesn't kill the Joker
>>
>>81221038

Except Nolan and Burton never pretended they were being accurate to the comics. Both were up-front about taking these concepts and twisting them into whatever they needed to be for the stories they wanted to tell. Meanwhile The Zack Attack was going out there and jerking off the fanboys about a comic-accurate Batman.

It's a difference of intent.
>>
>>81218735

>Batman killed in these other movies, why can't he kill here?

Have you ever thought

Maybe

People hated the fact that he did it THEN too?
>>
Anyone got an active link to the full movie?
>>
>>81221097
He's not wrong. It is accurate from a certain point of view. Also why are you in every one of these threads? This is like the fifth time you've responded to me in like the last 45 minutes? Is it really easier to talk about something you hate, then it is to talk about something you like?
>>
>>81219380
>Thinking he actually visited lex
>>
>>81220918

>he just didn't save them

Guns don't kill people. People don't even kill people. Why when a weapon goes off, causing an explosion, that's just cause and effect. It doesn't matter if Batman may have pulled the trigger firing said weapon. Or if he owned and created said weapons. It's just the end result of neurons firing in the brain.

Checkmate aetheist.
>>
>>81221115
Why don't you get over yourself and realize were not going to have a pearl smile World's Finest movie where Batman, Robin and Superman play baseball with each other.
>>
>>81221097
How is it not accurate.
Outside the knightmare and flame boi he never intentionally shoots a mook with a rocket or mulches anyone into paste with bullets.
Comics batman never intentionally kills anyone either but he sure as fuck slams people through shit and blows things up danger close all the fucking time not to mention he doesn't give a fuck about what permanent disabilities he hands out every night.
>>
File: Dazed-and-Confused-Ben-Affleck.jpg (147 KB, 612x408) Image search: [Google]
Dazed-and-Confused-Ben-Affleck.jpg
147 KB, 612x408
>>81221232
Don't speak too soon.
>>
>>81221182
>Lex just imagines Batman
<He's haunted by visions of Superman too
>This makes him grow to hate him even more, he gets serious about destroying him in jail
>>
>>81220489
The movie is really too smart for you. The congress as a meeting because by taking out the warlord superman put the region in chaos and innocent died when other african terrorist group retaliate by destroying villages.
By saving Lois, superman provoked the death of thousand. The congress don't give a shit about the warlord
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.