[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chances of the extended cut being good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
Chances of the extended cut being good?
>>
The movie had more problems than things being poorly explained but if the extra stuff actually explains things it'll be decent
>>
>>81210293
will it retcon Bat of Murder and Supersad?
>>
>>81210293
>Make the shitty movie longer

But really, you hear about the things Snyder cut out and the answer is no, the extra things he filmed just doubles down on retarded
>>
Nah, the movie put out legitimately terrible versions of Batman, Superman and Lex Luthor
>>
>>81210293
Literally the same situation with Watchmen
>>
The last thing this movie needs is to be even longer
>>
If anything they need to cut shit out of the movie, not add more things on top of it.
>>
>>81210293
If he couldn't tell a coherent and compelling story in 3 hours, another 30 minutes aren't going to add anything.
>>
>>81210293
>Lets make the film EVEN LONGER

Zero.
>>
>>81210382
Theres a hell of a lot more wrong with it than some things going unexplained
>>
It's the same as Watchman. It might make it a bit better but the biggest problems of this movie are too deeply integrated to fix.
>>
>>81211067

What the fuck is wrong with Watchmen? Why does /co/ dislike it?
>>
I'd watch it to see Bruce bang some hookers.
But I'll probably just watch it for that.
>>
>>81211157
Slightly changed ending and Manhattan's blue penis.
>>
>>81211157
Characters are portrayed poorly, Ending is fucked are the biggest problems in my opinion and you can't fix those in editing.
>>
>>81211157
Surface surface fucking SURFACE. Watchmen was all surface. Snyder slavishly adapted the visuals and the action but didn't fucking understand the core of the comic at all.

If anything, I'd have preferred a less factual Watchmen adaptation that got the themes right.
>>
>>81210293
If by ultimate cut they mean they're going to cut at least an hour off the running time, it might be okay?

Shit is long as fuck already, no amount of MORE FOOTAGE can save a long boring film.
>>
What does DCP mean?

>>81210574
Lex, yes. Superman, kind of. Batman though was fuckin great man
>>
You needed to take shit out, not put more shit in.
>>
They're going to take everything bad about the theatrical release, and then add more of it.
>>
>>81211157
Never erect.
>>
>>81211332
>Ending is fucked

It's the same fucking ending, they only changed GIANT ALIUNS to somethign that would make sense to an audience who doesn't read silver age comics.

And really? Characters are portrayed poorly? They're a fucking carbon copy of their Graphic Novel selves.

Jesus, the hivemind in this board is really infectious. There's literally nothing wrong with the film adaptation, it's probably the most faithful comic book movie adaptation ever made, and still you guys will bitch about it.
>>
>>81210574
batman was fucking great what mvoie were you watching? though i agree about luthor. also nobody is talking about that deleted scene with what could be steppenwolf talking to luthor?
>>
>>81211370
>Watchmen was all surface

This means nothing if you don't elaborate on it.

The movie feature all of the central plot of the comic book, and the central message of it.

Please, elaborate on what themes should it have touched upon and how it could have preserved the "core of the comic" better.
>>
File: 1363425156439.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1363425156439.jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
>>81211446
thank you, someone else who feels the same way

i've never understood the hatred for the Watchmen movie, i fucking loved it
>>
>tfw when Bryan Cranston could've played both an eccentric and evil Lex
>>
>>81211067
Another anon covered this more thoroughly but I'll be concise. The original story is a bunch of normal people working out their problems by fighting crime as vigilantes. And then a super powered hero shows up and they're blown the fuck out of their niche.

Except the Snyder movie has them doing almost super human feats as if they're common place.

The premise of the Comedian finding out about the almost absurd plan that Ozymandias has in the works and is secretive thus requiring his death. It's a shock because Ozy doesn't leave anyone alive to find out, despite having records on his pc. Go figure.

The Snyder movie has Dr. Manhattan openly collaborating with Ozy to replicate his power, while under Gov't observation. There's no mystery, and no subterfuge. An idiot can figure out there's a corellation, the research taking place on Antarctica isn't mysterious, it's just out of the way.

That's why the ending and premise are shit on.
>>
File: Fun is Canceled.jpg (28 KB, 400x422) Image search: [Google]
Fun is Canceled.jpg
28 KB, 400x422
>>81211565
This is how I feel about that.
>>
>>81211565
>implying he even auditioned
>>
>>81211383
Yes, Bat of Manslaughter is so true to the character.
>>
>>81211832
>remember batman has never killed in any other live action movie but this one. nope forget about burton shumacher and even nolan having him explicitly legit kill somebody . those didn't happen mmmk

affleck=best batman
>>
>>81211446
>>81211536
The USSR isn't going to buddy up with America after the symbol of American military strength of the last half century nukes Moscow. If anything, the world is even less secure thanks to move Adrian
>>
>>81211526
No, it doesn't you goddamn fucking retard. Every fucking time there is one of you idiots. It's been elaborated on a million times already. I don't even understand why there is still guys that make the effort to explain this shit to morons like you.
>>
>>81211943

Yeah let's ignore the fact that if fucking nuked the US at the exact same time too.

Also it works because the film says it works.
>>
>>81210293
Those extended scenes still had the same director as all the other ones in the current film. I doubt he left the best pieces of the film out.
>>
>>81211929
>B-B-BUT BATMAN HAS KILLED BEFORE

Where is that bingo chart?
>>
>>81211987

Then please explain it to me, instead of going apeshit over someone liking something you don't like a giant child.
>>
>>81211383
>>81211512
Nigga, they made Batman a fucking retard in this movie to justify this whole thing.

>World: Thank you, Superman, for making sure this alien threat doesn't kill us all!
>Bruce: God, Superman is a fucking jackass.
>Little Girl: Thank you for saving my cat from a tree!
>Bruce: Asshole.
>Causmonauts: Thank you for ensuring we don't die in a fiery blaze!
>Bruce: This guy's a maniac!
>Senator: You were involved in a hostile situation, but there's enough doubt that I'm willing to hear your side of the story.
>Bruce: HE NEEDS TO DIE!
>Alfred: Sir, I think you're the jackass here.
>News outlets: Some deranged paraplegic blew up the Senate building, Superman was in no way involved!
>Bruce: FINE IF NO ONE KILLS HIM I GUESS I HAVE TO BECAUSE MY NIGHTMARE TOLD ME
>Superman: Hey, Luthor's been manipulating us, I don't wanna fight.
>Bruce: FUCK YOU KRIGGER NOW DIE
>Superman: I'm dying...but please save Martha
>Bruce: I CAN'T MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEAAAAD
>Lois: NO SAVE HIS MOM WHO IS ALSO COINCIDENTALLY NAMED MARTHA
>Batman: OH NO IT TURNED OUT I WAS THE JACKASS THIS WHOLE TIME WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING
>>
>>81212074
I want this made into a comic.
>>
>>81212031
i like you you fags gloss over it , i am going to keep bringing it up everytime you fucking hyporcrites mention it. i will even provide links to the actual scenes too.
>>
>>81211988
It doesn't matter that the US got burned too, if anything it shows the Russians that the Americans cannot be trusted to even secure their own assets

>works because the film says it works.
Sorry, but that's not valid, the plan worked in the comic logically since the attack from an unrelated third party, not so in the movie.
>>
>>81211446
The ending is fucked for the reasons this guy said>>81211943

Characters aren't portrayed properly at all. Ozy and Comedian are one dimensional monster with no redeeming features, Silk Spectre is just a horribly acted shallow whiny bitch, Nite Owl is a more straight forward hero just there to make sure the audience knows Ozymandias was wrong, Doc Manhattan is bland passive aggressive asshole rather than just detached. Rorschach is the only one who's portrayed somewhat accurately.
>>
>>81212074
>KRIGGER
kek
>>
>>81212203
Because that's all you can do to defend that pos movie. You're about as smart as Snyder that way.
>>
>>81212328
who's defending anything you faggot. most people even many of the ones who hate it agree that batfleck was one of the best things about it. but trying to use him killing people as a reason to shit on him when he did it in every fucking live action version including your precious nolan trilogy makes one wonder why you people weren't calling it out then. maybe you should be calling out every version of batman (except for cloonie ironically) for killing.
>>
>>81212227

They're not portrayed wrong. They're just less developed than the comic book counterpart because it is fitting a fucking twelve chapter graphic novel into a 2 hour film.

The film is different than the comic, it does a lot of things differently, but it DOES nail the core of the comic.

Saying those changes FUCK THE ENTIRE MOVIE UP is ridiculous. The movie works as it is, and it complements the comic instead of simply imitating it panel by panel.

And by the end of the film the Dr. is a third party already.

>>81212219
>Sorry, but that's not valid

That's literally how it works, though. It worked in the film. You can say it wouldn't work in real life, but in the story it worked, so that complaint is retarded.

That's like saying Batman was wrong about predicting something that happens in the movie because "That's not how that thing works.".

Well, it is in the movie, and it did.
>>
>>81212486
You're making more assumptions than arguments.
>>
>>81212488
Its not that their less developed, that I can understand. But take Ozymandias for example. He struggles with what he believes is the right thing to do throughout the book and at the end he seems to actually regret it himself rather than just having Nite Owl tell him it was wrong. Not to mention the fact that his whole performance makes him seem like a crazy evil asshole the whole movie I'd be more surprised if he wasn't a mass murderer, compared to the comic where he's comes off as a good person and honest person who thinks extreme measure are the only way to save the world. The character simply aren't portrayed well in the film.
>>
>>81210293

Snyder already said the stuff that had to be cut was just more violence and action sequences. Not sure how an extra 30 mins of that bullshit can make this turd sandwich any better.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.