[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Bill & Ted, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Transformers, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 686x626) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 686x626
Since Bill & Ted, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Transformers, and 2001 all take place in the Marvel universe. Pitch to me a Civil War II plot for these franchises. Also, which side would the characters involved in the franchises take? Iron Man or Danvers?
>>
Monolith fucks up the Transformers and Godzilla and they fight
>>
>>81210333
I would pay to see what a fetus version of Godzilla and Optimus Prime looks like.
>>
>>81210289
Captain Marvel's team has to protect Bill and Ted from dying in stupid and comedic fashions because the Sage sees how they'll bring world peace in the future.
>>
>>81210289
>Since Bill & Ted, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Transformers, and 2001 all take place in the Marvel universe.

Also Shogun Warriors, Micronauts, Doc Savage, and Fu Manchu

(and if you want to go even further, Action Force by way of Quick Kick talking about Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Elektra, and Batroc in a comic)
>>
>>81210972
Also, Rom Spaceknight.
>>
Who owns the rights to the 2001 comics? I would love some reprints. I think BOOM! just put out a Bill and Ted collection of the Evan Dorkin stuff
>>
>>81210972
And Prep N Landing
>>
>>81211032
I don't think anyone owns 2001 at the moment.
>>
>>81210972
Zheng Zu would definitely be team Iron Man considering he's a criminal himself. I'm not sure, but I wanna say Doc Savage would be team Iron Man too due to high morals.
>>
>>81211178
Turner Entertainment owns it.
>>
>>81211310
I meant the comics.
>>
>>81211371
I figure it's the same situation. But it gets weird as fuck if they try to reprint the entire thing because Marvel owns Machine Man outright.
>>
>>81210289

In the Marvel Universe the Monolith was revealed to be a tool of the Celestials, btw.
>>
>>81211476
Yeah, he's proof that all these crossovers are considered canon. Which begs the question, if 2001 is 616, what happened to the second sun? Did it get destroyed during Chaos War?
>>
>>81211595
The Star Child is just floating somewhere in space in the 616. Just kinda chilling.
>>
>>81211711

Yeah, the Celestials used the Monolith to hyper-evolve humans the same way they did when they created the Eternals and Deviants, so the Star-Child is essentially another project like that.
>>
>>81210289
>>81210972
>>81211007
don't forget Conan, who is still canon, they just can't directly reference him normally these days
>>
>Bill and Ted both get stuck in the year 2016. They've lost each other and having been promised he'd get help to find Ted, Bill joins up with Tony Stark. The opposite ends up happening to Ted. Towards the middle of the series, they meet up and betray both sides, leaving them hunted by both factions.

>Iron Man captures Godzilla and starts to try and weaponize him by putting an iron armor on him. While he manages to get it on, Godzilla breaks free and Iron Man's team must stop an armored Godzilla.

>The Doctor get's a message from Missy/the Master of the plans Danvers has, saying that it could lead to the humans knowing if Missy/Master would attack them. At first The Doctor wishes to ignore the message, seeing it just, but Missy/Master reminds him that this could potentially destroy fix points, so the Doctor joins up with Stark.

>The Autobots see that this new sage could lead to humans having a better defense against Deception attacks. Optimus Prime has the rest of the Autobots join up with Danvers. However, half way though, seeing that this might not be such a good idea, the Autobots are split and are divided among each other in a war.

>Prior to the events of Civil War 2, we see that the monolith has actually been guiding this new Inhuman that can see into the future throughout his entire life, leading up to the war. The entire story is narrated by Dave and Hal, who keep arguing about the child in a similar fashion to the two boxes from Deadpool, except the Inhuman can't hear them. Also, it shows different ages in comic book history as he grows up. Like when he was a child the story is set in the sixties, but when he's a teen it's in the eighties.
>>
>>81211890
Oh shit that's right, there's also Kulan Gath.
>>
>>81210289

Technically true, although the Transformers and Doctor Who come from other universes than 616. They're still accessible from the main Marvel Universe. but they're not the same earth. Godzilla literally takes place on 616 Earth tho, as does 2001 (kinda).

No clue about Bill & Ted.
>>
>>81211890
Conan wouldn't really be involved in Civil War II that much considering he takes place in the past. Then again, time travel is a possibility.
>>
>>81212138
Bill and Ted went to the same school as a character called Slapstick who had a five issue (I think) series. It was never directly referenced to in the Bill and Ted books itself, but Slapstick would occasionally make a nod to how they were in the background of his stories.
>>
>>81210289
> Pitch to me a Civil War II plot for these franchises

Most of the cast argues over some stupid bullshit that doesn't really matter, then Godzilla comes in and accidentally steps on them. Meanwhile, Starscream fails Megatron again.
>>
>>81212138
>Technically true, although the Transformers and Doctor Who come from other universes than 616.

Initially the Transformers were a part of the Marvel Universe. Spider-Man encountered them while wearing his symbiote costume, and on top of that Nick Fury references Godzilla, meaning the events of Marvel's Godzilla happened in the same universe as Transformers. Also, Ratchet had to travel to the Savage Land to find the Dinobots, IIRC.
>>
File: tumblr_maw9nmXgER1qda82oo1_1280.png (219 KB, 994x623) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maw9nmXgER1qda82oo1_1280.png
219 KB, 994x623
>>81212256
>Starscream fails Megatron again.

This.
>>
>>81212485
Also, Circuit Breaker showed up in Secret Wars II.
>>
File: Circuit Breaker_zpspp0bw4xx.jpg (233 KB, 946x523) Image search: [Google]
Circuit Breaker_zpspp0bw4xx.jpg
233 KB, 946x523
>>81212546
>When you get masterzoned.
>>
>>81212666
That was literally an editorial move, they had to have her show up in some non-Transformers book to be able to keep the copyright on her.

Which sucks cause those of us who grew up on the Marvel TF comics will never ever see her in any of the modern versions.
>>
File: Godzilla vs Dugan.jpg (191 KB, 900x1338) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla vs Dugan.jpg
191 KB, 900x1338
>>81212485
>Nick Fury references Godzilla
Dum Dum was a regular in the Godzilla comic.
And there was that time Godzilla fought Hercules.
>>
>>81212485
>>81212546
>>81212666
>>81213107

Yes, but it was later explained that the Transformers live on a divergent earth from 616 where some Marvel characters exist but not a lot of them. They in fact had to put the Transformers on a divergent earth because of pressure from Hasbro who were unhappy with their franchise being squeezed onto the Marvel earth like a lot of other tie-in franchises.

Death's Head (the original) was later moved into the 616 universe by the Doctor as an editorial explanation on why DH was now interacting with the main Marvel Universe while he had originated in the Transformers universe. The Doctor also used the Master's tissue compressor to turn Death's Head from 30 feet to 6 feet to explain why he used to blend in with the Transformers and was now human-sized.

All in all some interesting editorial mandates here.

What's even weirder is that the Transformers exist in the same universe as GI Joe for a few issues of the GI Joe comic to spin off the Transformers Generation 2 comic, and then the TFG2 comic ddid not take place on the same earth as GI Joe.

It gets confusing FAST with alternate earths.
>>
>>81213107
Even if it was, it still happened. Making the Transformers canon even though they're not allowed to directly reference it anymore.
>>
>>81213308
Wouldn't the TCE kill him?
>>
>>81213308
>Yes, but it was later explained that the Transformers live on a divergent earth from 616 where some Marvel characters exist but not a lot of them.

They could probably limit it to the characters shown in Marvel's Godzilla and the early Transformers comics (which would include Nick Fury, Dum-Dum, and Spider-Man). Going down the list the following Marvel characters appeared or got referenced in Godzilla:

Fantastic Four
Avengers (Cap, Thor, Hank Pym, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision)
Dr. Doom (they use his time machine)
SHIELD (Dum-Dum, Gabe, Jimmy Woo)
Devil Dinosaur
Spider-Man (also, JJJ and Robbie Robertson)

And if you count the Iron Man #193 follow-up (where Dr. Demonicus from the Godzilla series shows up with a monster who's obviously supposed to be a mutated Godzilla) then you also include Tigra, Hawkeye, and Mockingbird.

And since Dr. Demonicus was also in Shogun Warriors (and they had a crossover with the FF) those characters could be included too.
>>
File: SWII3_CircuitBreaker.jpg (115 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
SWII3_CircuitBreaker.jpg
115 KB, 600x338
>>81213308
But during Secret Wars II, Circuit Breaker from the Transformers comic appeared to tell Beyonder to cut it out. I guess Beyonder just popped into the other dimension?
>>
>>81214118
Oops I didn't see the earlier posts. Point still stands, though, that Circuit Breaker was never explained.
>>
>>81212179
> Dr Who, Bill and Ted
>>
>>81212666
Just read up, she seems kinda cool. Does Marvel still own her?
>>
>>81214188
Now I wanna see Bill and Ted kidnap Conan in the same way they kidnapped all those historical figures in the first movie.
>>
>>81210289
I'd love to see another Godzilla series in the Marvel Universe
>During Civil War 2 Godzilla reappears in Washington DC. The War left shield spread thin and any super hero teams able he is pretty much unstoppable. He moves North towards NYC and the nation fears he will attack the city. He attacks a mountain that has been converted into a base for aliens. The aliens have studied Earth and created various kaiju based on the powers of the hulk, spiderman, Mrs. Marvel, and a few other heroes. Godzilla battles the kaiju while a temporary truce between a few heroes stops them fighting to attack the alien base.
I'd also want to thrown in Devil Dinosaur somehow with him and Godzilla having an arc together
>>
>>81214003
Also forgot, they mention Wonder Man and Rhodey made an appearance in that Iron Man issue, so in the Godzilla timeline Tony fell off the wagon and Rhodey became Iron Man there, too.
>>
>>81214333
>>81212041
>These.

It's a shame they don't do these crossovers anymore. It would be real cool to see a Dexter/Punisher team up or Star Wars vs Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>81214741
>Star Wars vs Guardians of the Galaxy.

Nah. Besides, Star Wars x Marvel Universe is in the works anyway.
>>
>>81214833
>Star Wars x Marvel Universe is in the works anyway.

Don't play me like this, tell me you aren't fucking with me. Also, if Bendis is writing, I totally agree with you, it's not worth it if he's anywhere near the project.

>MFW Kitty Pryde is actually a jedi.
>>
>>81210289
Absolutely none of those character except MAYBE the Doctor would even begin to give a shit about Civil War.

Maybe the Autobots and Decepticons would vie for access to future-vision, but that's about it.
>>
Marvel wanted to do a LotR comic back in the day.

Can you even begin to imagine?
>>
>>81215049
There's still ways you could get them involved without them giving a shit, like them being forced into it.
>>
>>81215152
They did do dungeons and dragons.
>>
>>81215205
Meant to send that to.
>>81215138
>>
>>81213405

Yes, that is what it usually does. But since Death's Head is fully mechanical in structure I guess it could be taken to be artistic license.

>>81214118
>>81214154

Beyonder briefly traveled to the Transformers universe to chat with Josie Beller.

As someone already posted it was basically a way for Marvel to stake a claim to the Circuit Breaker character, the same way they had done with Death's Head. She needed to appear in a non-Transformers comic in order for Hasbro not to get her.

The Beyonder-traveles-to-another-universe thing was revealed in one of the Marvel Handbooks.
>>
File: Secret Wars II 003-21.jpg (338 KB, 1000x1555) Image search: [Google]
Secret Wars II 003-21.jpg
338 KB, 1000x1555
>>81215265
It's pretty obvious from the sequence it was originally supposed to be in 616 since there's really no reason for him to go to another universe's Earth. They modified that in the handbooks to explain away the appearance.
>>
File: 2.jpg (128 KB, 508x775) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
128 KB, 508x775
Can we all just imagine how amazing it would be to imagine Transformers still as part of the Marvel continuity? You know the Dinobots originally came from the Savage Land, right?
>>
>>81219639
I kinda wonder how that would've gone. It would've altered events in the comic more signficantly.
>>
>>81210972
>(and if you want to go even further, Action Force by way of Quick Kick talking about Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Elektra, and Batroc in a comic)
That's nothing. J Jonah Jameson appeared in GI Joe yelling at a newsstand for not carrying the Bugle.
>>
>>81211178
The Arthur C. Clarke Estate?
>>
>>81215138
>Can you even begin to imagine?

It probably would've been Roy Thomas with Barry Windsor-Smith or John Buscema. Shame it didn't happen
>>
>>81215205
That was DC.
>>
File: GI JOE 95 16.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1852) Image search: [Google]
GI JOE 95 16.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1852
>>81219857
Hey, that's right! I wonder how they managed to sneak him in there.
>>
>>81220336
It was being published by Marvel and Larry Hama was a good company man?

Also, during the same period, Thor kept running into an unnamed Clark Kent while he was Sigurd Jarlson.
>>
>>81220393
It was published by Marvel but by then it was 1989 and they ceased having Marvel references in Transformers.
>>
>>81219758
I never read the comics and crossovers. Can the heroes actually hurt the Transformers?
>>
File: Transformers 03 - 28.jpg (1 MB, 977x1440) Image search: [Google]
Transformers 03 - 28.jpg
1 MB, 977x1440
>>81220651
The only Marvel superhero we saw that interacted with the Transformers in the 80's was Spider-Man, and this was when he was wearing his alien costume (but before they gave thought to how powerful the costume really is).
>>
File: Transformers 03 - 30.jpg (1 MB, 981x1440) Image search: [Google]
Transformers 03 - 30.jpg
1 MB, 981x1440
>>81221394
I can't remember if Venom's webs being stronger than Spider-Man's man-made webbing was a thing established back when Spider-Man had the suit, but I doubt it.
>>
>>81221394
>>81221428
Thanks. How did it work in the more recent Avengers crossover? And did Spider-Man remember them? Guessing he didn't.
>>
>>81213107
which makes it really weird that they've never bothered using her despite owning her
>>
>>81221558
>And did Spider-Man remember them? Guessing he didn't.

He didn't because he never met them before in that crossover. It was a universe with the IDW version of the Transformers (they came to Earth in the 00's) and the Avengers team was Bendis' Pre-Civil War New Avengers. But there is a homage reference to the cover of the Marvel Transformers comic that had Spider-Man in it.

I imagine that things would've gone differently in the IDW Transformers universe if the Avengers existed there. All Hail Megatron probably would've gone a lot differently, too.
>>
>>81221849
It's kind of a weird issue, I think. Her pre-Circuit Breaker self actually showed up in the Transformers comic first. Her Circuit Breaker look showed up in Secret Wars II.
>>
>>81212138

>Technically true, although the Transformers and Doctor Who come from other universes than 616. They're still accessible from the main Marvel Universe.

I made a list of a few these instances.

The Transformers - Earth-91274
The Transformers UK - Earth-120185
Alien Legion - Earth-98140
Inhumanoids - Earth-87119
Planet of the Apes - Earth-7481
The Evil Dead/Army of Darkness - Earth-818793

>>81221955

Makes me wonder if the can use Josie Beller but not Circuit Breaker, like the Shattered Glass guys kind of did.
>>
>>81210289
I think that's the wrong question. You should have asked about Secret Wars or something.

2001 has it's own multiverse within itself anyway, as the thread that ties it to actual Marvel Canon is Aaron Stack, which was an alternate world story after the events of the movie were summed up. The Monolith's stories about alternate worlds or something. I don't see any way Bowman or HAL would have any kind of connection to contemporary Marvel at all aside from being in the same multiverse that birthed MachineMan.
Whereas, in your example you have the Avengers meeting Godzilla, and Spiderman battling Megatron, which are far more direct connections to the Marvel universe proper.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.