[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>make the Riddler >call him Lex Luthor Why did Zack do that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: edward nygma.jpg (79 KB, 661x760) Image search: [Google]
edward nygma.jpg
79 KB, 661x760
>make the Riddler
>call him Lex Luthor

Why did Zack do that?
>>
>>81209489
his wife said so
We could have had Matt Damon
Masculine, fit, reasonably voiced and talented Matt Damon playing Lex Luthor Sr
>>
>>81209489
Zack wants to make a Batman movie so bad
>>
File: 1340930546711.jpg (90 KB, 494x391) Image search: [Google]
1340930546711.jpg
90 KB, 494x391
>>81209489
>Sociopathic egotist who assumes that everyone is just as selfish and horrible as he is in motivation
>hates Superman because he gets in the way of controlling people like the little units of resources he sees them as

That's ALWAYS been Lex though. This version just doesn't have the charisma or smooth talking to hide it as well.
>>
>>81213126
Thats not what he's talking about and you know it
>>
>>81213126
>bows down to someone else
>when in the comics he ruled all of Apokolips and personally stood up to Braniac
nope
>>
>make the Joker
>call him Lex Luthor Jr.

Why did Zack do that?

There, I fixed it for ya.
>>
>>81213708
It's another homage to the Death of Superman.
Lex Luthor Jr. was the Lex at the time.
>>
>>81209489
>HMMM

HMMM
>>
ding dong ding dong...
>>
As suspected, Jesse Eisenberg playing himself instead of Lex Luthor was simultaneously both the best and worst part of this movie. Worst because it was terrible casting and direction, best because at least he had fun with this shitpile instead of taking it seriously.

>>81213058
The thing is, a Batfleck movie directed by Snyder could actually be pretty good - maybe even good enough to be his redemption. Snyder just can't do "dark and brooding" stuff with Superman holding him back. I think we've seen enough to know that the more lighthearted parts of the DC universe just aren't compatible with this direction.

While Man of Steel left a bad taste in my mouth for being incompatible with Superman as a concept, the same movie with a Batman skin could have been pretty good.
>>
the red cApes are cOming
>>
>>81209489
It's quite the Riddle.
>>
File: riddlemethis.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
riddlemethis.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>81209489
>>
>>81214024
>The thing is, a Batfleck movie directed by Snyder could actually be pretty good
Please no
He has had enough chances
His best movie is a remake of a horror movie that was meant to be a social comedy but was turned into a hollow action movie
>>
>>81214479
>social comedy
social commentary
>>
>Man of Murder
>MurderBats
>LexJoker Jr.
>Alfred Stark the edgy alcoholic
>>
He's Lex, except not the normal Lex because Darkseid got to him.
>>
>>81213509
When did Luthor rule Apokolips?
>>
I really enjoyed Eisenberg's Luthor. It still had the same level of sociopathy that Lex has with they added bit of being a shitty millennial trying to get what he wants.
>>
>>81209850

MATT

DAMON
>>
>>81209489
>>make the Riddler
>>call him Lex Luthor
You watched Jess' review didn't you?

For the uninformed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udPLjAhG_Fc
>>
File: Mark Strong.jpg (27 KB, 328x480) Image search: [Google]
Mark Strong.jpg
27 KB, 328x480
I'm convinced a live action Lex Luthor is impossible without a brit playing him. Either Mark Strong or even Jason Statham if he gets some acting and accent lessons
>>
>>81219722
Mark Strong was Already Sinestro, did you forget?
>>
File: Luthor_Apokolips.jpg (776 KB, 666x1020) Image search: [Google]
Luthor_Apokolips.jpg
776 KB, 666x1020
>>81215240
>>
>>81219722
>Jason Statham
I laughed so hard I cracked a rib.
>>
>>81209489
Yeah, slight issue with that? That's Alexander Luthor, NOT LEX.
>>
>>81209850
Matt Damon
AND Ben Affleck
I don't know anon
>>
>>81209489
It's Lex's son Alexander Luthor Jr
>>
you mean the Toymaster or Toy Maker. I forget which but still easily best depiction of Toymaker I've ever seen
>>
>>81221095
What if Matt Damon is Robin?
>>
>>81209850
>matt Damon
>talented
>>
>>81221750
Matt Damon is a flawless actor
>>
>>81219722
terrible opinion.
just terrible.
>>
>>81209489
Why was he allowed to go full ham?
>>
>>81209850
I cannot imagine more masculine, imposing Lex in this fucking storyline

But then, I don't know how much of this storyline was influenced by casting Jessie
>>
It might be because of DCAU, but I think Luthor should have brown-ish skin tone.

Greek, Indian, Middle East, whatever. Not black, just brown-ish.

Anyway again this movie's story sucked and the movie sucked. Just recasting villains wouldn't save it.
>>
>>81214625
Wait did I miss something? When did Alfred become an alcoholic? Was he ever drinking?
>>
>>81222939
because Zack Snyder is a bad director
>>
>>81223166
He was, while mumbling about how Bruce will never have children
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.