[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so special about Chile?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: chille.png (2 MB, 1289x823) Image search: [Google]
chille.png
2 MB, 1289x823
What's so special about Chile?
>>
reggaeton shithole
>>
I dunno. I mean I am Chilean and even I don't find anything interesting in this place
>>
>>81191974
Why Chile of all the countries to disobey the world USSR?

It just seems random
>>
Probably just trying to avoid the "USA is always special and the only good country in the world" trope.

Dunno why Chile specifically though. It does seem really random.
>>
>>81191974
>>81192173
Chile has a long history of right wing take on economy.

God, I wish that my country was like that. Just now Brazil is starting to create right wing parties.
>>
Does Pinochet still exist in that universe
>>
It's from some book, when Chile and USA are only remaining capitalist states in world.
>>
>>81191305
CIA-backed coup to put autistic neoliberals in power, presumably. Just like real life.
>>
>>81191974

Read the constitution sometime.

We are constitutionally neoliberal capitalist. It's one of the only constitutions in the world that has economic principles to it, not even the US does.
>>
>>81192269

>CIA backed

Because the Allende government was totally working out on it's own right? Must have been the evil imperialist that sabotaged it :^)
>>
>>81192338
It was still backed by the CIA regardless
>>
>>81192338
>Because the Allende government was totally working out on it's own right? Must have been the evil imperialist that sabotaged it :^)
Nah, more because the CIA has literally released documents to that effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_FUBELT
>>
>>81192417
BTFO
>>
>>81192417

>a bunch of mentions without concrete interventional meassures

Ok, so what did the CIA actually did?
>>
Probably to mirror how the cold war ended up "...except for massive China and kinda ignored Cuba". Smaller country that you wouldn't think much of.

In-story, probably related to the fact that despite history changing so much, there was still a Vietnam war. Maybe a Chilean Incident that ended up in a diplomatic stalemate, not unlike the end of the Korean War.
>>
File: chiles.png (142 KB, 574x811) Image search: [Google]
chiles.png
142 KB, 574x811
>>81191305

Its actually shaped like a chile
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.