[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dick Grayson a better father than Bruce Wayne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_inline_mj1xi6ip7W1qz4rgp.jpg (208 KB, 385x532) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mj1xi6ip7W1qz4rgp.jpg
208 KB, 385x532
Dick taught Damian to be a hero. he’s the one who took the risk, the time, the patience, the mentoring, the skill and gave Damian the Robin title against everyone’s advice. Dick was the major factor in helping damian overcome ten years of abuse and truama and brainwashing and he singlehandedly (okay alfred helped a little too) turned that child’s life around for the better. that’s why that first arc of Batman and Robin volume 2 is bullshit to me because it questions damian’s worth as a hero and puts him to the test. no, Damian proved himself over and over again in volume 1 and showed that he was capable and willing to fight for the greater good and it was because of his own strength of character and because of the influences of Dick Grayson.
>>
>>81187475
all credit dick gets as a father bruce gets as a grandfather
>>
best thing Bruce did for Damian was die, and yes because when Bruce died, that’s when Dick stepped in and took over and turned that bratty little demon spawn into the goddamn hero >>81187475
>>
And now they're all getting blacked.
>>
I honestly believe that the Dick/Damian partnership was the strongest connection, chemistry and bond that a batman and a robin has had since Bruce and Dick themselves and yes, I am including Bruce/Tim in this. I give major props to every writer and artist who ever worked on Dick/Damian because that relationship was so well crafted and organic and unique that it honestly blows my mind that dc didn’t capitalize on it further.
>>
I hope he stays his dad Dick because bruce no longer loves him..
tom king makes me so sad..
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mj1xjoPcTO1qz4rgp.png (289 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mj1xjoPcTO1qz4rgp.png
289 KB, 500x383
>>
>>81187475
Dick is the one who accepts him instantly and whole heartedly and he loves Damian so much man.
>>
>>81187600
Fuck Batman.DickxDami.
>>
File: tumblr_miwrx8Z4L11qefxxto1_1280.png (320 KB, 852x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_miwrx8Z4L11qefxxto1_1280.png
320 KB, 852x1000
>>
People this isn't your tumblr.
>>
>>81187475
They sank 'Dick as father' in the nu52. Dick ran off and was nowhere to be seen. Damian's behavior got worse (including serial killer warning signs) which implies that Dick was actually to relaxed with him and Bruce had to go behind him and fix Damian. Like it or not, Bruce is MVP now.
>>
Before Danian became Robin and before Bruce died didn’t Dick tell Talia he was going to hurt Damian if she didn’t do something.

Like Dick was bluffing and all but that shit probably stays with you.
>>
>>81187475
Dick didn't act as a father figure. He was Damian's older brother and friend. Bruce fucked up a lot, but after he came back he put forth a lot of effort into making amends.
>>
>>81187525
Bruce/Tim's relationship wasn't really anything special anyway. He was always more interesting working on his own than as specifically Robin.
>>
What is with the explosion of insane Damian fans around here lately?
>>
>>81190552
>>81190552
jason is that you ?
>>
>>81190479
BRUCE WAYNE IS A BAG FULL SHIT.

Duke is now robin .
>>
>>81190619
Jason has his fare share of lunatic super fans, Damian seems to be catching up though.
>>
>>81190479

"Dick is more like an Father figure.
>>
>>81190479
This is as bullshit as people claiming Piccolo wasn't Gohan's father figure either.
>>
>>81190755
He's the big brother. The whole reason Damian let Dick in was because Dick treated Damian as a peer instead of as a tool, a curse, or a brat. Damian didn't really need a father figure, he needed someone he could connect to on a personal level. That's what Dick gave him, and calling him 'dad' would just discredit it.
>>
>>81187475
Big D and Little D
Dick & Damian is better. They seem to have more chemistry,
Dick's personality is much better suited to teach Damian..
>>
>>81190811
we havent seen much of Bruce Damien relationship but i have to be honest: Dick is soooo much better in difficult relationships...
>>
>>81190836
probably because Dick isn't emotionally stunted himself, unlike Bruce who never really developed emotionally past the age of eight.
>>
File: dear grayson.jpg (779 KB, 400x4064) Image search: [Google]
dear grayson.jpg
779 KB, 400x4064
>>
>>81190836
Dick Grayson is a more socially adjusted and likable person than Bruce Wayne, of course he's better in difficult relationships. Bruce Wayne IS a difficult relationship.
>>
>>81190888
Why can't Dick just take him back on as Nightwing Jr. or something?
>>
where will damian live in the future ?
who is A DAMIANs protector IN REBIRTH ?
DUKE IS WHAT IS ROBIN DAMIAN?
>>
>>81190888
cuteeeeeee
>>
>>81190917
>where will damian live in the future ?

In Gotham, until it all burns, a joker virus is unleashed and Dr. Hurt nukes it.
>>
I think that the Dick-Damian relationship had the potential to become the Bruce-Dick relationship 2.0.
Dick was still parenting Damian more than Bruce.
he needed to be the Bruce to Damian’s “Dick.” Dick needed to fill the father role that Bruce left vacant; he didn’t have time to refuse to grow up – he had to move on and be the parent. Damian helped him to grow into an even more responsible, confident person.
>>
File: OhGosh.png (28 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
OhGosh.png
28 KB, 500x223
>>81190888
>>
>>81191005
I hope he stays with his father in Gotham.
I do not have a twitter
I can not ask tom king over Damian's future
>>
>>81190917
>where will damian live in the future ?
Based Duke, stealing jobs and homes.
>>
Dr. Hurt was an interesting bad guy..bloom was boring and stupid..
>>
>>81190479
Well peers are pretty important to children's developement. That goes double for a bratty kid who has been brainwashed into believing that he's peerless ever since he could cogitize language.
>>
>>81191141
That's what I'm saying. Dick was hugely important to Damian's development, he just wasn't Damian's dad. He was something Damian needed a lot more than a dad.
>>
File: tumblr_n3yb4kRvJG1rc8doao1_500.jpg (106 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3yb4kRvJG1rc8doao1_500.jpg
106 KB, 500x422
I really like seeing Damian so vulnerable and childlike at times like these. It really adds to the layers of his character.

From Batman: The Return (January 2011)

Damian doesn’t mess around.

I rather like that he’s bold enough to stand up for his partnership with Dick. Little D won’t take shit from his dad.
>>
>>81190917

Damian's got his own little sidekick and a Charizard. Also, I think that island hangout it his as well.
>>
>>81191237

I really like the scene in Batman Inc where he finds out Wingman is Jason, and he's really sad asking "What does everyone know that I don't?"

;_;
>>
>>81191101
I hope he stays with his father,,I'm starting to hate to batman..and I hate duke..damian can not live alone.he is 10...
>>
>>81191392

Damian is 12, possibly 13.
>>
>>81190888
>Damien sizing up Stephs bottom

Good taste
>>
>>81191101

Damian the cuck
>>
>>81191417
NO 10 pat says it on twitter
>>
Omg...I feel like I want to cry. I heard Is it really true that Bruce going to trained duke like? To become Robin?! Shit! Then What Damian to him anyway?! I feel it... I think I feel it in Damian. I think piece by piece by kelly clarkson suit Damian somehow. Hoping someone in Rebirth picking him and treat him like he supposed to deserved.
>>
>>81193072
...what
>>
>>81187475
>and gave Damian the Robin title against everyone’s advice
Yeah, he did to Tim what Bruce done to him. Get replaced without being told. Heck, it's worse than what Bruce did because Tim was Robin at that time.

Seriously, why hardly anyone call dick on that?
>>
>>81195716
Dick is living up to his name.
>>
>>81195716
>Yeah, he did to Tim what Bruce done to him
>Using the shifty Dixon version of the Dick/Bruce split.
Why?
>>
When Bruce became Batman again the pairing of Batdad and Batson seeed off.

Dick and Damian's chemistry was great.

Hell id take Damien shedding the Robin ID and becoming Lil' Nightwing. Id think think Dick has earned getting a partner
>>
>>81196863
What the heck are you talking about?

I'm talking about the issue when Jason and dick meet for the first time and dick find out that there was a new Robin from the newspaper. He and Bruce got into a big fight over it.
>>
>>81187475
No, and you're a moron. He was his big brother and he applied to Damian the lessons that Bruce thought him and just had patience. Did you even READ B&R?
>>
File: 1443021243470.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1443021243470.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
No real debate

>Dick will never be your dad

kill me
>>
File: Damian Flamebird.png (152 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
Damian Flamebird.png
152 KB, 599x900
>>81190914
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.