[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ben 10 dead? Not that it was really "alive", but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: benden.png (181 KB, 424x675) Image search: [Google]
benden.png
181 KB, 424x675
Is Ben 10 dead? Not that it was really "alive", but are they milking a dead cow now? Omniverse was pretty decent, even thought they were kinda diminishing it to appeal more to kids it still had a competent storytelling with complex plot elements, but now apparently they are making a new series in which he looks like Dora the fucking explorer! Is Man of Action full of shit? Why can't we have a series with Ben 10k involved or Generator Rex back?
>>
>complex plot elements
>Ben 10
>ever
>>
>>81187608
Omniverse starts dealing with time travel, parallel universes and dimensions, politics, diplomacy, racism, etc. and it tries harder to shape and develop characters instead of being an episodic or semi-episodic monster of the week series, even though it also has some nice action.
>>
For me, the only Ben 10 was the original. Nowadays they're trying way to hard to give the franchise a deeper plot beyond 'boy can turn into aliens and fights bad guys'. Sometimes there's beauty and fun in simplicity.
>>
I'm watching Omniverse and it's nice, but imo it would have fit better before AF and UA.
>>
>>81187446
>Omniverse was pretty decent,
Not really. More often than not, Omniverse felt like a parody of the original Ben 10, and not in a good way

>>81187696
>Omniverse starts dealing with time travel, parallel universes and dimensions,
So it's literally capeshit level of awful. Also, i'm pretty sure timetravel was in earlier seasons too
>>
>>81188043
Nah, it actually has some competent writing. The aggregor arc is pretty great for example.
>>
>>81187957
It directly builds on uaf lore
>>
>>81187785
I really prefer the more complex thought provoking style, the first one was good but it is wasn't as good as the reboots. The thing is apparently they are rebooting it again with a retarded new art style and apparently making it even more childish than the first.
>>
It's so sad that now the new trend is that horrible lazy artstyle. I wouldn't mind a reboot for the "new generation" if it wasn't for that.
>>
>>81188312
the new one is the first reboot in the series, AF, UA and OV are direct continuations with some retcons at worst.
>>
>>81187446
>Is Man of Action full of shit?

Man of Action hasn't been involved with Ben 10 since the original series.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p6DXpW4Smc
Because reboot. Fuck knows why Water Hazard is a starter alien with supposedly Ripjaws, Wildmutt and Ghostfreak get tossed to the wind, Stinkfly and Wildvine get massive redesigns, and none of the OG cast is involved, but whatever. Omniverse ended on a high enough note for me to not really give a shit.
>>
>>81190275
What have they done to Upgrade, jesus christ.
>>
>>81190275
Even the original series almost never used Ripjaws. Wildmutt was pretty rarely seen in later seasons, too.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.