[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats all this I hear about Cyclops being a facist now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: Mvc2-cyclops.jpg (92 KB, 450x900) Image search: [Google]
Mvc2-cyclops.jpg
92 KB, 450x900
Whats all this I hear about Cyclops being a facist now?
>>
>>81187430
You heard wrong. Cyclops is too busy being dead to be a fascist.
>>
File: 1443955800791.gif (884 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443955800791.gif
884 KB, 250x250
>>81187438
Aww man, what happened? I'm so out of the loop.
>>
>>81187460
He did SOMETHING EVIL AND BAD and is dead. No body, so take it as you wish. We all assume we'll never learn what happened and it'll be just another plot hole like "what did Fury say to Thor".
>>
>>81187460
He was scout faggot boy, he got mad and became insane fascist faggot boy and then tried to fuck up with Blackagar who said "Fuck outta here" and Cyc died
>>
>>81187503
>>81187522
Well it sounds like he had it coming at least. Time to scour some Marvel wikis!
>>
>>81187549
Of course he had it coming. Everyone suffered under his tyrannical boot. He stole spotlight of more deserving characters, you know. And characters were assassinated to make him look better, too.
But don't worry, now that he's gone, books are in best state in last twenty years.
>>
>all these people who have no idea what it means to be Right
>>
File: Right.png (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
Right.png
6 KB, 183x275
>>81187430
Anon, I'm afraid you heard wrong. Cyclops can't be anything other than right. RIGHT!
>>
>>81187438
You misspelled Right
>>
>>81187635
Right about what though!?
>>
>>81187635
Cyclops is always right. He is so right, that even when he turns left, he is actually going right and everyone else is on the wrong way.
>>
>>81187430
Facist is what the kids are calling RIGHT these days. Sadly Rightclops is givng X to angels in heaven.
>>
>>81187824
Hank pls.
>>
>>81187664
The two are not mutually exclusive. When the X-men books are in as bad of a state as they currently are, the RIGHT move is to be dead and avoid the whole shitshow. Once the line gets back on track, they'll bring him back.
>>
>>81187842
>implying he won't be brought in Inhuman book to push their numbers
>implying I won't buy it
>implying I won't frame issue if he's back with Emma
>>
>>81187863
I would be jealous of such a righteous display
>>
>>81187430
He may or may not be Xorn right now. Unless that has changed lately.
>>
>>81187945
>but Scott, you never showed telekinetic abilities before
>Punch Dimension, mugga
>>
>>81187863
Why did Emma hook uo with Scott? Does the Phoenix Force make Psychics lust after the Summers D?
>>
>>81187549

Well, you're not going to find anything there. Marvel has refused to give readers even the slightest of hints as to how he died and what happened leading up to it, aside from the fact that absolutely everyone hates him for it and that it's a good thing he's gone.

Basically, they've decided to sidestep the debate as to whether he was in the right or not by just removing him from the plot in the least-interesting way possible; a non-story so that nobody could get invested in it or enjoy it. Smart marketing!
>>
>>81187920
It's only Right thing to do.
>>81187983
She wanted to sex him. Remember Morrison's run? Long story short, Phoenix/Jean mindwiped Scott into accepting love from Emma. Otherwise, it'd be another bad future.
>>
File: 1367948378354.jpg (492 KB, 1252x1522) Image search: [Google]
1367948378354.jpg
492 KB, 1252x1522
>>81187430
>>81187460

Basically, Cyclops got pissed off about the X-Men and mutants being shit on for forever despite saving the world every week. He got fed up with the goldfish memory of the populace and how every time some new threat needed street cred, it slaughtered a bunch of Teenagers attending his school that he swore to protect. Compile this with the fact that Xavier was dead/insane/whatever Xavier was that month and he said "fuck this, magneto was right" and proceeded to organize everyone into a Militia - which technically the X-Men had always been but he started recruiting kids and shit too. Wolverine and half the X-men said hey whoa buddy lets ease off the child soldiers but by that point it was too late, Cyclops had gone full big boss. To top it off something something the pheonix force and Cyclops and his chief cronies all got a piece of Pheonix's powers becoming literally Nuclear and Wild. So being superpowered dicks they started murdering the fuck out of everyone who got in their way and basically being Magneto back when he was cool. Even when Xavier came back and was like hey whoa buddy calm down Cyc said NO FUCK YOU OLD MAN YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD and then Xavier died and a bunch of shit happen and the fab pheonix five fell apart and Cyclops went to superjail while Wolverine took over the Xavier school and made it quirky and fun for a while like haha look at this ex military black ops operative with murder so engrained into his pysche he struggles to function in normal society being a teacher! haha.

And then I stopped paying attention but he escaped super jail or something and now he's dead and here we are.
>>
>>81188044
PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc

Big Cyclops had a hard life
>>
>>81188044
>Stark face
This is face of broken man.
Loved your description of Logan's school. Just add "flamethrowers in toilets" next time.
>>
>>81188074
I actually really liked Logan as the principle, it was cute and X-Men was fun for a while.
>>
>>81187983
>Does the Phoenix Force make Psychics lust after the Summers D?
Not the Phoenix Force but it is canon that psychics are extremely attracted to Scott, because of how much willpower he has. That's why pretty much every mutant psychic lusts after him. Jean, Emma, the Cuckoos, Betsy, and Maddy all wanted his dick.
>>
>>81188044
Not gonna lie, the rest of the world really doesn't deserve peaceful friendly X-Men. Sounds like Cyclops was doing the right thing.

I mean if it were me I'd try to go settle a new planet for mutants with black jack and hookers and just kidnap any new mutants that pop up on Earth.
>>
>>81188089
I WatXM after... AvX, I think. Arc was when everyone was in circus, with Logan being worst clown. Then Hellfire Kidz appeared and everything became shitshow.
Oh, that last arc, with Quire becoming Phoenix and shit, and all those cultists worshiping Cyclops as Phoenix's mate and he going "ha, I knew these guys were OK" is pure sex.
>>
File: 1434150680939.jpg (43 KB, 588x649) Image search: [Google]
1434150680939.jpg
43 KB, 588x649
>>81188126
>Sounds like Cyclops was doing the right thing.
Now you understand.
>>
>>81188126
>I mean if it were me I'd try to go settle a new planet for mutants with black jack and hookers and just kidnap any new mutants that pop up on Earth.
That's my dream. Starship Utopia and wacky cosmic adventures.
But nooo, muh shared universe, muh relationships, muh Beast Avenger.
>>
>>81188096
this is because Scott is actually so repressed he literally imprisoned the devil inside his mind or some shit right? I remember him basically defeating some big bad by going "Nah, welcome to my head. I've been fucking pyschics since I was 16, this shit is locked down. Have fun in the box" and just locked them away somewhere inside his head.

Come to think of it I wonder if that has something to do with him going batshit.

But yeah, Cyclops makes psychics thirsty because he's the one guy they can't get a read on.

>>81188126

His reasons were good and justified but it was the same old Civil War conundrum - he wound up on the opposite side as CAPTAIN AMERICA. And as Civil War taught us, if you are against Captain America, you're pretty much wrong gg no re gtfo. It's like being on the opposite moral side of Superman. you know, old superman who was cool and basically jesus.
>>
>>81188164
>he literally imprisoned the devil inside his mind or some shit right?
Void, actually. Not too far from devil, desu.
>>
>>81188044
>started murdering the fuck out of everyone who got in their way and basically being Magneto back when he was cool
Except they fixed the world and even Reed richards told off half the illuminutty for being angry with him.
>>
>>81188228
>even Reed richards
I always thought F4 are more friendly with Spidey and X-Men.
>>
>>81188126
It is canon that kids on the street think he was right. Further he broke out started his own school and stopped some high class muggas from being treated like monsters.

Those faggot inhumans genocided mutants and because they're on the moon and no one likes muggas anyway everyone watched and laughed.
Scott was truly nuclear.
>>
>>81188228
Didn't the Pheonix Five flood a city or some shit? And like, kill a whole bunch of people?

Also, Reed Richards is the WORST person to take advice from.
>>
>>81188044
>So being superpowered dicks they started murdering the fuck out of everyone who got in their way and basically being Magneto back when he was cool.
That's a fucking lie. He just went around fixing shit around the world. He only started murdering when he went Dark Phoenix after getting mindraped by Xavier
>>
File: is right.jpg (432 KB, 1273x674) Image search: [Google]
is right.jpg
432 KB, 1273x674
>>81188270
>It is canon that kids on the street think he was right.
Pic related.
>>81188278
>Didn't the Pheonix Five flood a city or some shit? And like, kill a whole bunch of people?
Namor is Avenger, as well.
>>
>>81188255
Well the fact that their son is a mutant would likely color their impressions. Plus Johnny is best buds with Spidey so Peter is like family to them.
>>
>>81188278
They killed some people but when avengers attacked they would just fuck off without any real engagement. Plus they stopped war and terror and shit. Richards was just like, you don't like utopia because you didn't make it Tony. To which Tony bitched, it's unnatural. Reed just laughs and says natural is whatever the fuck happens.
>>
>>81188304
Spidey was a filthy race traitor who sided with the other uncle tom Muggas like wolverine.
Scott led the real mutants to victory against them all, saved the world and was only brought low by Xavier trying to mind rape him.
>>
>>81188278
It was Namor who disobeyed Scott.
He attacked Wakanda after Avengers attacked Utopia and Phoenix Five when he learnt T'Challa was hiding them knowing what they've done. Phoenix Five didn't attack or persecute Avengers before they were angered.
>>
>>81188278
>Didn't the Pheonix Five flood a city or some shit? And like, kill a whole bunch of people?
That was Namor being a dick on his own accord.
>>
>>81188333
Spider-man isn't a mutant
>>
>>81188348
In other words, Namor ruined everything for everyone again.
>>
>>81188381
Nah it was fine until Xavier. Scott picked up the slack for each of his crew that slacked off, literally, taking their portion of the force.
>>
whenever someone uses the word fascist you know they don't know shit about politics/reality
>>
>>81188381
>Nah it was fine until Xavier
Xavier is fag.
>>81188397
Yeah. I love how people at CBR threw words "dictator" and "fascist". If he was fascist, Emma would be dressed as Nazi girl and he'd have her mindrape everyone into obeying him.
>>
>>81188443
thanks for that erection
>>
File: 1445778314444.jpg (22 KB, 286x280) Image search: [Google]
1445778314444.jpg
22 KB, 286x280
>TFW your favorite X-Men is Cyclops
>The Fox movies killed him off and make him unimportant to make way for Wolverine
>The comics made him a dick and killed him off
>>
Man Scot should have been on thw Illuminati insteqd of Bitch Monkey
>>
we don't just not know why hes dead, we also don't know anything about him from like an in continuity 6 months to a year before secret wars. fucking bendis's uncanny book was like a year behind in continuity everything else by the time secret wars kicked off, all we got to see of him durring that gap was a few pages in hickman's avenger books. Scott somehow got a phoenix egg, and had a bunch of sentinels.
>>
>>81188510

Cyclops being a dick, that's one of his core character traits. The worst part is that this iteration of Cyclops justified his dickishness and they kakked him because reasons.
>>
>>81188044
>he started recruiting kids and shit too
Ugh, child soldiers are such cheap heat.

Are there really so few plausible arguments on how Cyc/Magneto aren't 100% RIGHT that they have to make him do stupid dickassery just because there's no other way they can paint him as a villain?
>>
>>81188510
>A dick

You mean Right?
>>
File: sadclops.jpg (166 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
sadclops.jpg
166 KB, 1280x1280
>>81188510
Now I know how Superfags feel.
>>
>>81188531

Magneto/Cyclops being right also means that the other side of it, the Trasks and the X-Factor jagoffs are also right.
>>
>>81188555
And?
>>
>>81188589

And therein lies the problem: Both sides are itching to kick off World War III for Hitler-tier reasons (muh racial survival struggle.) And the other 7 billion people on the planet don't want that to fucking happen.
>>
>>81188619
Then they should stop poking the bear.
>>
>>81188619
>7 billion people on the planet don't want that to fucking happen.
Except they treated muggas like shit until Scott's power play and subsequent (but temporary) fixing of the world.
They only cared about their own protection, not muties.
>>
>>81188619
I don't remember Cyc/Magneto wanting to kill everyone else though, they mostly wanted a safe zone for muties until at some point someone realized that that wasn't villainous in the slightest and had Mag going full Hitler just because they needed him to be the clear bad guy.
>>
>>81188669
Also yes, I'm still upset over Planet X god damnit.
>>
>>81188669
Magneto used to act like that. I can't remember his PURGE THE FLATSCANS actions since Xorn's death camps, though.
>>
the fundamental problem with Cyclops method, and any strongman/enlightened despot, is it is wholly dependent on the man at the top exerting his will, effectively and ruthlessly. Cyclops would basically have to become God, and micromanage the shit out of earth. By forcing humanity to play nice, nothing is learned, and humanity backslides into chaos as soon as the force holding it in check is removed.

The only path to salvation is through social, political, and philosophical evolution.

Cyclops could have been ending inequity, removing scarcity. But then again so could have Tony Stark, Reed Richards, or any number of Marvel characters a million times over, but the world remains a frozen expy of the 'real' world for the sake of the readers ability to connect.

The reason it all goes to shit is because of us. Because we cannot relate to or accept a story in which everything does not go to shit. QED, Agent Smith
>>
>>81188757
>Cyclops would basically have to become God, and micromanage the shit out of earth.
Mugga, did you ever see what he built in his mind? What Hal did in Red Son when he built death camp and killed commies, Scott did with hotel and babes.
>>
>>81188757
>humanity backslides into chaos as soon as the force holding it in check is removed
bruh fuck government, humanity learns nothing dog
>>
>>81188757
>The reason it all goes to shit is because of us. Because we cannot relate to or accept a story in which everything does not go to shit
This desu.
>>
>>81188757
The real supervillain.

WAS MAN.
>>
>>81187460
Same here, I saw him geting his neck cracked by doom, but then I see him runing for president? and I see other one flying in space looking for his father I think?
>>
>>81189362
>taking SW deaths for serious
Thanos' skeleton was ripped out of him but he's there to start Civil War 2.
>>
>>81189362
flying in space looking for his father
wait what?
>>
>>81189522
Kidclops solo.
>>
It was actually hilarious to see the growth of Cyke over the years. Through the originals, to the New X-Men and his relationship with Wolvie, JEAANNNN dying, then retiring, then X-Factor, then the Cable bullshit.

It all really came to a head with the Apocaylpse merge, then Morrison and Whedon making him a stronger character. So the writers let him grow. But Marvel loves their HerovHero bullshit and needed a villain. Unfortunately AvX was so fucking poorly written they had to make him literally Hitler, and even failed at doing that properly.

It was just a spiral of shitty writing with Marvel going "no srsly guys he's really awful, don't you hate him".
>>
>>81190228
>It was just a spiral of shitty writing with Marvel going "no srsly guys he's really awful, don't you hate him".
Kicker is that most readers will roll with whatever EVIL EVIL CRIME he did. Killed Inhumans? They deserve it. Killed muties? They were all race traitors, anyway.
>>
That scene in Uncanny at the end of AvX where Beast tells Cyke that there's new mutants - that's my shit

>I'd do it all again
>Walking out throwing up the X symbol

Rightclops is too based. Thanks for fucking that up Bendis
>>
>>81191775
>it was all me, Hank
>I killed Charles
Bendis issue later
>lolnope, it was my cosmic waifu
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.