[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can't wait for the flash movie. i just hope his rogues are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: flash.jpg (93 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
93 KB, 960x600
can't wait for the flash movie. i just hope his rogues are done well and the visual effects are good

the timetravel cameo would have been better at the end of the film. after the funeral/climax imo.
>>
>>81178121
>poverty mexican flash
>good
>>
>>81178121
reminder that BvS Flash had to wear a suit to time travel

Speedforce won't be a thing
>>
>>81178225
that's not a bad thing
>>
>>81178121
They somehow managed to make a costume even worse than the Injustice one.
>>
>>81178225
It was the cosmic treadmill
>>
File: flashy.png (293 KB, 348x750) Image search: [Google]
flashy.png
293 KB, 348x750
>>81178225
From what I've gathered from interviews and shit, it seems like the exo-suit thing is related to him being from the future and living in a warlike environment as opposed to just being part of his costume.

the costume we see at the back of that JL set sneak peak looks much more in-tune with the traditional flash suit.

Also, he was literally surrounded by speedforce-like shit. It's gonna be a thing, otherwise they'd have to come up with a reasonable explanation for all the dumb shit flash can do other than 'speedforce, i don't gotta explain shit'
>>
>>81178225
Or that was the Earth 2 Flash costume (like the one in the Injustice game)
>>
I could see WB giving the Rogues powers like in the nu52 for their movie. Not sure how Id feel about that. But as for what villain to use Id say just use all the Rogues with Cold being the lead role or just use Mirror Master or Captain Cold by themselves
>>
>>81178655
I could see them doing a fairly intricate movie with just Mirror Master. If they do him right, he can be super hard to catch, especially for a young n inexperienced Barry, and there's the whole 'mirror dimension' aspect to him that they could do some cool stuff with.

I'm not sure Captain Cold could solo carry as a villain, though.. maybe if they made him a meta w/o the dumbass gun. Maybe him and GG? I dunno if they should do all the Rogues at once.. would make it kinda hard to fit into one movie.
>>
>>81178768
The way I see it just do it like a heist movie and you dont have to go to far into characterization outside of Cold
>>
>>81178225
Or maybe they just turned the treadmill into a suit instead
>>
>>81179025
I doubt it's the treadmill, because he said he was too early. The treadmill allows him to be precise. whenever he time travels without it it's always more unstable.

plus, i doubt the treadmill still exist in an apocalyptic future B/
>>
File: my sons.png (221 KB, 328x282) Image search: [Google]
my sons.png
221 KB, 328x282
they should bring in GL in the Flash movie if they're not gonna do it in JL part 1.
>>
>>81178768
>I'm not sure Captain Cold could solo carry as a villain, though.. maybe if they made him a meta w/o the dumbass gun. Maybe him and GG? I dunno if they should do all the Rogues at once.. would make it kinda hard to fit into one movie.

I think if you were to get the exposition out of the way quickly, you could do the Rogue War. It would be a bold move, but have Flash as almost a supporting character in his own film.

>Start the film with Flash vs Rogues to build them up as a credible threat.
>Have the Rogues alliance start to break down
>Have Flash basically having to keep up a fight on two fronts as two factions of Rogues fight each other in an all out gang war.

You've got the fastest man alive. Having him literally try to fight two fights at once could make for a great movie.
>>
>>81178655
It would be neat if it happened to set up the third act of the movie. We start out with The Rogues doing a heist, then the Flash shows up, kicking their ass one at a time before a showdown between Barry and Cold. Then after that introdue Barry Allen the person, introduce the rest of the characters of the movie.
Have mirror master break the Rogues out of prison, then have them steal the tech that makes them into Meta-humans, forcing Barry to step up his game and giving us one hell of a final showdown.
>>
>>81179155
Well, it really depends on how much time they'll spend setting up Barry as a person. If they focus a lot on his mom and his childhood then there probably wouldn't be enough time to set all this up without it being rushed. B/

geoff has a boner for giving flash a tragic backstory so it'll probably get a lot of focus.

>geoff: no hero can be good without losing one/both parents
>>
Timetravel Barry was very obviously using a Boom-tube, Speedforce lightning is yellow
>>
>>81179252
I don't think it will be a full fledged origin story since he's already made an appearance in BvS and will likely be seen in a few movies before his own.

I guess what I'm thinking about is as if you handle Barry the same way George Miller did Max in Fury Road. He's kind of a background player and you can gather most of his backstory, but he's still most of the focus of the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 815x1222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 815x1222
>>
File: jstUU.jpg (70 KB, 601x384) Image search: [Google]
jstUU.jpg
70 KB, 601x384
>>81178768

>maybe if they made him a meta w/o the dumbass gun

There is no hope for you
>>
File: 1381287104039.jpg (55 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
1381287104039.jpg
55 KB, 524x468
How can you people actually feel optimistic about this? It's Snyderverse, isn't it?
>>
>>81179441
i liked and enjoyed MoS and BvS unironically though. only weak link imo was lois being used to as a plotmop
>>
>>81179441

I will give Snyder full fucking props if he has the balls to go through with Darkseid completely fucking up Earth before they deploy the Flash Cop-Out.
>>
>tfw you are more interested in a flash and aquaman movie than the solo batflick
>>
>>81179496
BvS was a total mess and overall was shit, only saving grace was the fanservicing it did and that only worked on some people.

[spoilers]I am one of those people[/spoilers]
>>
>>81179496
it was so disjointed at the beginning due to shitty cuts I feel like the director's cut will be much better.. maybe.. there were a lot of weak points but I didn't think it was entirely awful.

still bitter over them forgetting about my green son tho.. B/ they're gonna make barry and victor bros (cause they're both "younger") instead of hal and barry and it's gonna be so depressing to watch
>>
>>81178225
Why are you assuming the suit is what allows him to travel through time.

I said this before but if he was holding a fucking pizza would you assume it was the speedforce pepperoni that allowed him to go into the past?

He is from a world destroyed by doomsday and overun by parademons and evil superman. So maybe he is wearing that armored suit....as a suit of armor to protect him. It keeps him getting hurt and it does something else. It allows them to show the flash without making an entire costume for him a whole movie early by covering up his normal flash costume with another exo suit.
>>
>>81179441

>directed by the guy who wrote the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies/Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter books and the screenplay for the Dark Shadows movie

>only previous directing experience is some episodes of some MTV series I've never heard of before

Not looking great m8.
>>
>>81179496

editing, dialogue and story script were very weak, man of murder was a better made film(bvs performances were on another level though)
>>
>>81179770
Pretty sad. Who would you guys want to direct The Flash?
>>
>>81179441
I personally was just okay with man of steel, and did not care for batman v superman AT ALL. That being said though i have no faith in justice league due to him still directing, i dont see why other directors cant do cool solo films for wonder-woman, aquaman, and the flash all of which were shown in BvS.

So yeah i'm still psyched about the flash. I think Ezra miller isn't a throwaway actor, he is a guy who seems to give a shit about the roles he takes and hes a man who seems to be into the craft and not just some pretty face. So despite people crying 'asian flash, mexican flash' becaue he has features not typical among white comic characters...i still really wanna see how he does the character.
Also psyched about seeing the flash suit. And really psyched about how they might pull off the speed force shit, the action, and the bad guy (or bad guys).
>>
>>81179770
And before Winter Soldier the Russos did what exactly?
>>
>>81179770
They made Pride and Prejudice and Zombies into a movie? I guess I'm not really surprised, what with the ungodly popularity of the genre. I have that book somewhere, but I never finished it.
>>
>>81178169
You guys keep calling him Mexican so much that I'm starting to think YOU guys are starting to believe it.
>>
>>81179877
Wait, nevermind, I misread that.
>>
>>81179824

Agreed regardubg Ezra Miller.

From all the interviews I've seen, and all the articles I've read, he actually seems to give a damn about the Flash character. Ezra seems like the kind of person who would actually play the character rather than act like the character/pretend to be the character.

I love seeing Grant Gustin as the CW Flash, but I would definitely not be opposed to seeing Eztra's Flash on the big screen. I have faith that the character will be done justly.
>>
>>81179909
They did make it a movie though. It came out last month I think.
>>
>>81179770
Frank Darabont wrote the screenplay for the fly 2, and nightmare on elm street 3.
The first theatrical release he directed was the shawshank redemption.
Not saying he'll be great. But having written screenplays for bad shit does not mean he wont knock it out of the park in a new medium and genre.
>>
>>81179816

Being honest, someone like Peyton Reed would be a great choice.

>>81179877
>>81179909

They also made it into a movie earlier this year, it starred the chick from that last Cinderella movie and Matt Smith.

>>81179873
>>81179971

Hey I'm just saying, that's not exactly a steaming hot track record. I might be wrong but I'm not exactly holding out hope here, those dumbass historical novel mashup books are terrible.

Who knows though, if it turns out to be good the worst thing that happens is I'm wrong again and we get a good Flash movie.
>>
>>81179944
>>81180065
Oh. Well. I guess my comment stands then?
>>
>>81179816
Edgar Wright
>>
>>81179807
wrong
>>
>>81178445
Or did Booster Gold help him make the suit?
>>
>>81179873
They had directed and helped created two great sitcoms, one of which went to shit after they left.

Also, even at their worst, Marvel directors have three people above them: Feige, Perlmutter and Iger, two of which are creative people. WB has a lot of creatives as producers (Snyder being one of them), and even a bunch more executives who were dumb enough to put him there.

Disney's model works great for consistency and assuring a pretty decent minimum quality threshold (even if it obviously doesn't ensure a maximum). You can see that with Pixar and Disney animation at work. They may not all be hitters, but they are never stinkers.

But then again, the Russos seemingly did it without much help from the executives, so the Flash might enjoy the same luxury. Here's hoping.

>>81180109
That would actually be amazing were it not tied to a Universe.
>>
>>81180109
Would be awful
>>
I just hope it doesn't fuck up CW Flash too much
>>
>>81179359
I know it's a meme to talk about smashed penises in tight pants, but you can literally see his smashed penis.
>>
>>81180262

russos have directed a couple of the best sitcom episodes of the 00s/10s
>>
>>81178121
Nah flash's part was fine where it was, ww looking at the email should have been after the credits
>>
does anyone have a webm of the time travel sequence?
>>
Wait, was flash in BVS?
>>
>>81181565

They Showed him twice.
one time gayer than the other
>>
>>81178121
I'm still not over what a bizarrely poor casting decision this is...the hipster kid from that john green movie...painful. DCCU can't get anything right.
>>
>>81181855
Why do people give a shit about how an actor acts outside of his or her roles?

It blows me away how people are like 'but he doesnt look and act like the character in his everyday life' as if they have no understanding of what acting actually is.
>>
>>81178121
I love his fucking spartan suit.
>>
File: 1458790237126.jpg (94 KB, 960x621) Image search: [Google]
1458790237126.jpg
94 KB, 960x621
>>
After BvS i rather they don't make it. I don't feel like watching Flash killing people and being a general downer.
>>
File: Reverse_Flash_039.jpg (193 KB, 970x783) Image search: [Google]
Reverse_Flash_039.jpg
193 KB, 970x783
>>81182635
>I don't feel like watching Flash killing people
don't read comics then
>>
>>81178121
Part of the purpose of Flash's cameo was to make Batman more suspicious of Superman. It wouldn't have made sense after they fought.
>>
>>81182727
He kill one guy and it was a huge deal and event that defined the character, he didn't just grab a machinegun and started mowing down people.
>>
FLASH OF MURDER
>>
>>81179142
he's getting martian manuntered, anon

I like Hal too, but you gotta accept it
>>
>>81178121
Something tells me it's cancelled/pushed back.
>>
>>81179359
He got really hot with the weight gain
>>
>>81182907
until flashpoint, anon

Now Barry's the same Barry from 60 years ago, so they can have an easier time making movies based on the comics.
>>
>>81183799
>Bvs making shit tons of cash
>they're going to cancel things
anon, quality can be argued and shitposted on both sides but don't be retarded
>>
File: Untitled.png (32 KB, 801x571) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32 KB, 801x571
AM I TOO EARLY?

BRUCE! IT'S LOIS! LOIS LANE! SHE'S THE KEY!

YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT HIM! YOU WERE ALWAYS RIGHT ABOUT HIM!

YOU HAVE TO FIND US BRUCE!
>>
>>81183744
No you're wrong!! In the Dawn of the Justice League CW special Geoff said there's no JL without Green Lantern!! They can't leave him out! They won't!!
They can't.......
>>
>>81183881
It needs to make a billion to break even and it's only half-way there. And reactions to BvS haven't been positive.
If SS succeeds, then I wouldn't be surprised if the Flash movie is cancelled and a Harley Quinn or Deadshot movie replaces it. Or a Batman solo flick.
>>
>>81184699
>It needs to make a billion to break even
no it doesn't
>>
>>81184699

>If SS succeeds, then I wouldn't be surprised if the Flash movie is cancelled and a Harley Quinn or Deadshot movie replaces it.

What fucking line of reasoning do you follow to get to here? If SS succeeds then we get a green light for SS2 Return of The Joker. SS's success won't stop them making a Flash movie. That's like saying "If SS does well Flash won't be in the Justice league, he will be replaced by Harley"
>>
>>81184743
>Every member of the league is now Harley Quinn
>>
What ever happened to Blonde Barry?

Is that only for the comics?
>>
>>81184743
Shut up, stop giving them ideas.
>>
>>81184787
he'll probably dye his hair for his solo and JL, Mamoa is
>>
File: ezra killer.jpg (177 KB, 1685x214) Image search: [Google]
ezra killer.jpg
177 KB, 1685x214
Alright, which of you kunce did this
>>
>>81179359
Fuck he's only 25 and look fucking hot. I'm jealous, I really need to start exercize.
>>
>>81179359
shit man, I need that jacket
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.