[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So whats the verdict on Billy's new look/pantheon? Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: New Pantheon Shazam.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
New Pantheon Shazam.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
So whats the verdict on Billy's new look/pantheon? Should it get tossed like the other New God makeovers or should it stay? Also Captain Marvel/Shazam Thread. Post everything Billy
>>
pretty much anything captain marvel related is good
>>
>>81177979
No more speed?
>>
>>81178483
Hell I dont even know if he flies anymore. Dont ask me what source manipulation is, unless that means "weird magic" now. The fire is nice I guess
>>
the look is bad, the pantheon is good
>>
>>81177979
I enjoy both

I hope the pantheon sticks around
>>
>>81178547
No Wisdom either which makes him really just a 10 year old with super powers.

>ATE
But at least he's a BOLD 10 year old with super powers and no wisdom. Phew, we really dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>81178682
he's like 15 and the compassion probably covers that tbqh
>>
>Injustice Hood
YES
>No shoulder cape
OH FUCK YES
>Those yellow lines making a pseudo-breastplate
TAKE IT AWAAAAAAY
>>
You know, they obviously can't use Superman in the new Flash series because of Time-Warner's gay-ass rules.
I kinda want them to use Captain Marvel instead to compensate. The TV show is just goofy enough to make the absurdity of Captain Marvel work, and a little bit of exposure will go a long way.
>>
>>81178682
Did Billy ever really use the wisdom anyway? I think maturity also overrid that. Still compassion would give him the sense to make better decisions. Boldness just replaces courage I guess.
>>81178705
>disliking the shoulder cape
LEAVE
>>
>>81178745
They can't use him either probably, there's a movie in the works too
>>
>>81177979
What does it matter? He's not gonna get his own book any time soon, and he hardly gets anything to do in JL anyway.
>>
I like the new pantheon. Greek gods are so overdone. The new pantheon and powers go a long way into making Billy a more integral part of the DC Universe as a champion of magic.
>>
I doubt it'll make it beyond Darkseid War
>>
What does this mean for the other Shazamies?
>>
>>81178702
>>81178819
I would believe compassion tempers the boldness but out side of making "kind" or "merciful" decisions I don't see anything that tells him the best way to handle hostage situations or pointing out weaknesses in an attack. Witch I always just assumed was like a passive ability, Like when you play D&D and role to see if you noticed something like a trap or have general knowledge about something that comes up in a conversation.

I'm sure they won't write him any differently but it would be neat if they did. Having these different gods did actually have an effect on his personality as SHAZAM.
>>
>>81178989
What like Black Adam? Nothing because he never lost his connection from his pantheon. Im more curious as to when Mister Mind is returning
>>
>>81177979
As a casual DC reader I dont know who any of these pantheon characters are and as a result I do not care. I want to because I've always had a soft spot for Captain Marvel, but I simply cant.
>>
I ain't so keen about The Wizard being a god, though that my opinion and I can't really say it doesn't make some sort of sense.
>>
>>81178989
nothing, Black Adam is the same although he recently acquired a Sinestro Corps ring and we haven't seen the Shazam family lately
>>
>>81179104
I think he means with Mary and the rest that got there powers through Billy.
>>
>>81179104
I was talking more about billy's family. Surely they got affected in some way?
>>
>>81178705
>>Injustice Hood
>YES

I thought that was New 52 hood.
>>
>>81179186
>>81179191
Oh. I thought that wore off after his bout with Black Adam because he only loaned them a portion of his power? But I may be wrong
>>
>>81179139
>not knowing Darkseid's dad

truly casuals make me sick
>>
>>81179139
Well Anapel and Ate are real life gods, slavic and greek respectively. Yuga Khan is Darkseid's Father whose even more brutal than his son and S'ivaa is one of the Old gods that preceded the New gods. H'ronmeer is a martian god and an aspect of Death of the Endless.
>>
>>81179250
I always thought that the end of CoS heavily implied that Mary was developing her own magical powers.
>>
So Im just guessing he lost the ability to fly right?
>>
Is Billy for sexual?
>>
>Zonuz is Yuga Khan
That's just cheating.
>>
>>81179460
No, but kinda yes. The adult body is definitely not for sexual.
>>
>>81179405
Source manipulation probably covers that, and probably makes the rest of the powers redundant anyway
>>
>>81179502
Justification: "W-well Darkseid changed his name!"
>>
>>81179715
Yeah isn't that like just straight up reality manipulation?
>>
>>81179662
So you're saying that Young Billy is definitely for sexual.
>>
>>81180108
I can't imagine what else it would be.
>>
File: 1452410766021.jpg (265 KB, 743x652) Image search: [Google]
1452410766021.jpg
265 KB, 743x652
Wait, he got a new source for his powers?

What is the source and why did it become necessary to swap?
>>
>>81178705
Hood should never EVER be a yes.
>>
>>81180243
The source is the stuff behind the Source Wall that surrounds the universe. Its 4th world stuff.

Cause for the new pantheon is Darksied death by the Anti-Monitor.
>>
>>81180138
Wasn't he homeless for a while? He's probably good at it
>>
>>81180369
>Its 4th world stuff.
Isn't the stuff behind the source wall basically the writers themselves or some jazz?

>Darksied died like a bitch
Did something happen to the Greek Gods then, or was it as a general power up?
>>
>>81180429
Broke the SHAZAM connection so the Wizard and to find new guys
>>
>>81180429
Once Darkseid died some something happened that cut Billy off from his original pantheon (Solomon, Hercules, etc). The Wizard (whos actually a god apparently) didnt want him defenseless during the AntiMonitor business and quickly linked him to a new pantheon. Source manipulation comes from Darkseids dad and its anyones guess as to what that means. Its the shit behind the source wall. Upside is Billy has living fire as well as living lightning now
>>
>>81180429
If you can figure out how Orion works you can figure out how the source works
>>
>>81178745
I want them to have David Harewood guest star as Bloodwynd

Having Marvel family characters show up would be great too, though. I can already see the romantic chemistry between Grant and whoever plays Mary.
>>
>>81177979
I fell out of reading the Big 2 but is there gonna be a Shazam book now?
i loved the back up in JL a while back and was thoroughly disappointing he was little more than window dressing since then
is there a story arc or something that went on?
>>
>>81181173
There was just the Darkseid War one-shot (where I honestly didn't like Billy's characterization much, too heavy handed compared to Curse of Shazam). There are supposedly more things coming out of Rebirth that aren't announced yet but no Shazam book so far.
>>
>>81177979
>source manipulation
Isn't that op as fuck?
>>
>>81181518
yes
>>
>>81181401
Shazam is really one of the only things i give a crap about that comes out of DC (hey DC thanks for killing my intrest and love for GL with CONSTANT AND INCESSANT CROSSOVERS and the refusal to set a status quo so i could eventually give a shit about anything going on)
on the Marvel side its anything stand out Spidey or Iron Fist though given both are getting their chance to shine in Live Action soon im not sure what to expect in book form
>>
>>81177979
I'm cool with it as long as classic pre-crisis Captain Marvel's what we get for the inevitable solo.
>>
>>81181650
>inevitable solo
dare to dream, anon

we all are
>>
>>81177979
so he should be close to darkseid(minus the jobbing) tier.
Since he has his dads power plus 5 more.

I was the wizard i would make the contract name like 20 charters long to have 20 powers haha
>>
>>81179292
Don't you mean dream?
>>
>>81180627
Source manipulation is just reality warping.

Kyle Rayner had access to a piece of the Source when he came back from the other side of the Source Wall. And it gave him reality warping powers in addition to his regular white lantern abilities.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.