[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Universe Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: DCuniverse.jpg (423 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
DCuniverse.jpg
423 KB, 1366x768
Does anyone still play this game?

I quit like 3 years ago. Everyone I knew had quit and the stories weren't as interesting.
>>
haha look at that dildo guy back there
>>
Funny you should ask i tried it for the first time this year and love it.
I love DC and i played Wow for years yet i never thought of trying this before now, love the combat and story so far.
>>
>>81170150

The endgame community was pretty toxic last I knew. Is it still that way?
>>
>>81170314
I have yet to reach that far due to wanting to test all the powers first.
>>
Game is so repetitive. Hard to play regularly and not get bored as fuck.

Don't have enough interest to even figure out a lot of the mechanics, like building gear modifications or combat strategies or whatever.
>>
The main thing about this game that turned me off is that you HAVE to have multiple powers. Like, you can't just play a speedster, or a martial artist, or magician. You have to play as a combination of those and other powers. Like, I played the F2P and wanted to play as a speedster, but then I learned you also have to get another super power. Not only that, you don't even get speedster abilities until later in the game, plus, just relying 100% of super speed is gonna be pretty useless in the game.
>>
How is the UI for consoles? Saw this on the PS+ Store and tempted to give it a try when im home after Easter.
>>
>>81171478

It was basically made for a controller, so it's fine.

Biggest problem is the endgame stops dead at CR 80-85 without any of the like 40 fucking expansions. Those with the expac's can reach to like 150 or 200 or some shit.
>>
>>81170035
Quit a few months back
>>81170314
yes
>>
>>81171880

Whelp that does it I guess. I was lvl 30 and had a decent CR, so I would be jumping right back into endgame (granted 2-3 years behind) if I played. Everyone was really elitist and gear competition was a lot worse than many of the games I've played when I quit. If it's still like that than no thank you I think.
>>
its fun until you get to level 30

then its not because it's pay to win
>>
>>81170035

Just started here. No manuals read. Play with my GF. Recreational after beating Guild Wars 2.

Fun, so far, senpai.
>>
Well damn. Don't know what I expected I guess. I think if it was quality /co/ would be all over it even now.
>>
I just wish it was less class role stuff and more simply creating a hero, and fighting crime/villains with other heroes.
>>
>>81172887
Doesn't the game end when you get to 30?
>>
>>81175793

There's a TON of operations and duos and alerts to run. There's also dailies and stuff. But the solo stuff gets a bit boring fast.
>>
>>81175867
>>81175793

And honestly so does the group stuff. There isn't enough to explore and go do to waste time. It gets to repetitive too fast.
>>
>>81170035
Ill fire it up just to hear the really sick opening menu musichttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EelhEqJrTaI
>>
>>81177196

Ugh the music makes me want to download and play again. But I know I don't care enough to get back into the gear grind and I'll get bored with the dailies way too fast.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.