[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/201 6/03/21/zack-snyder-o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Metropolis.jpg (30 KB, 959x404) Image search: [Google]
Metropolis.jpg
30 KB, 959x404
>http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/21/zack-snyder-on-how-batman-v-superman-is-like-watchmen/?mod=e2tw

>Snyder was mystified when someone told him that they couldn’t think of a movie in recent memory that’s had as much collateral damage as “Man of Steel.” “I went, really? And I said, well, what about ['Star Wars: The Force Awakens']?” the director says. “In ‘Star Wars’ they destroy five planets with billions of people on them. That’s gotta be one of the highest death toll movies in history, the new ‘Star Wars’ movie, if you just do the math.”

So, Snyder's now comparing Superman to the actions of modern cinema's most blatant Third Reich stand-ins.
>>
>>81166500
I hate Snyder so much. Can we ask North Korea to threaten WB to remove Snyder from DCEU otherwise they'll set off the nukes?
>>
Holy shit Snyder literally doesn't understand what collateral damage means.
>>
>>81166704
I was about to post this. Collateral damage is the death/damage/destruction of UNINTENDED targets.
>>
>>81166500
hey with all the thinly veiled Jesus references how is this movie being released in China??
>>
>>81166500
>inb4 someone thinks the rebels destroyed five planets by destroying starkiller base
>>
>>81166500
Hes comparing superman to a movie where planets are blown up by space nazis? What the fuck, why would you compare the two they are nto even the same genre, one is about literal star wars.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 464x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 464x512
>>81166784
Wasn't earth and by proxy Metropolis the INTENDED target of the World Engine and Zodd?
>>
>>81166500
He's literally 12 years old.
>>
>>81166784
Luke did blow up the entire death star with all the innocent workers. Finn's dad could be one of them.
>>
>>81166500
Zod caused the destruction.
>>
>>81166878
yes hence why the collateral damage is done by superman fighting zod, instead of it being the damage superman couldnt prevent.

it doesnt help that snyder has such diahrrea from his mouth that he already went on record to state that the murders in BVS are Manslaughter

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/snyder-says-batmans-bvs-body-count-more-manslaughter-than-murder
>>
>>81166807
2deep4china
>>
>>81166958

Superman sure as shit didn't seem overly concerned with trying to move the fight to somewhere other than one of the nation's most populated city centers though.
>>
>>81167091
He took the battle to space, Zod brought him back.
The entire fight is Zod pushing Superman around until the neck snap.
>>
>>81166678

i never thought i'd say this but it'd be a blessing.
>>
>>81166500
all i wanted from BvS was ONE scene of superman going out of his way to save people during a fight.

instead we got hamfisted exposition on how "downtown metropolis is empty after work hours"
>>
>>81167091
Clark could have least begged Zod to fight elsewhere. But Zack Snyder is an Objectivist, so he can't understand altruistic superheroes.
>>
>>81167194
this
>>
>>81167194
>even the homeless leave downtown Metropolis after work hours
>>
>>81167194
>him instantly pulling doomsday into space

Th-that's besides the point!
>>
>>81166500
>fucking star wars
>3rd reich stand ins

srsly? A bunch of kid friendly space adventure movies?

Superman's story begins with his planet blowing up.

What on Earth is people's beef?
>>
>>81167285
Fucking this.
>>
>>81166958
Christ, you're just as bad as Snyder.

WHEN THE EMPIRE USES A DEVICE TO DESTROY PLANETS THE EMPIRE IS AT FAULT

WHEN ZOD USES A DEVICE TO DESTROY BUILDINGS SUPERMAN IS AT FAULT

How hard is this to understand?
>>
>>81166500
>Superman is now the equivalent to the empire
Why does he have such a huge hateboner for supes
>>
>>81166500
Last time I checked Poe killed like 1 million soldiers happily. And he is just talking about destruction, not about who did it.

Superman didnt even kill more than 50 guys in MoS the rest was the world engine.
>>
>>81167322

You're joking, right? The Empire/First Order is such a blatant Nazi Germany stand-in that Hitler would probably be able to sue for copyright infringement.
>>
>>81167194
Three fucking times

They said "place where they are fighting is abandoned" three goddamn times.
>>
>>81166951
>Death Star 1
Manned entirely by Imperials. No innocents on board, therefore it cannot be considered collateral damage.
>Death Star 2
Private contractors who knew the risks of taking government work in the middle of a violent armed rebellion. No collaterl damage.
>>
>>81167091
>trying to save every single person
>Super powered being with super speed, flight, super speed, laser eyes chasing your ass to kill you

kek
>>
>>81166951
The first Death Star was staffed with only those loyal to the Empire, they were all guilty. Didn't you watch Clerks?
>>
>>81167459
>Last time I checked Poe killed like 1 million soldiers happily.
It really annoyed me how the characters just kill stormtroopers like flies in the one movie where a main character is a stormtrooper.
Said stormtooper doesn't think twice either.
They had a unique chance to show another side to the faceless mooks and deconstruct the idea of canon fodder.
>>
>>81167599
They sure as shit didn't seem to beat up to shoot one of their own.
>>
>>81166951
>Finn's dad could be one of them.

Except Finn's too young. He's in his early to mid twenties and the second Deathstar blew up 30 years ago.

>>81167526
>Private contractors who knew the risks of taking government work in the middle of a violent armed rebellion

I'd have always assumed it was slave labor or droids.
>>
I don't understand why people still give a shit about the destruction in MoS. It was a fucking plot point for the second fucking movie, so what is the fucking issue? Superman can't just fucking perfectly save all of these people while he's being repeatedly punched by a faggot at least as strong as he is. It's really shitty to get pissy about that, to be honest.
>>
>>81167466
OK. I misread the OP and thought he was basically comparing Star Wars to Schlinder's List, when he's actually comparing Superman, the character, to a group of evil characters. Problem is that he should be comparing Zod to the Nazis, but being the villain and all, it shouldn't be problematic if this comparison is actually apt.
>>
>>81166500
I gotta admit. The mental gymnastics this guy is pulling off is really entertaining.
>>
>>81167194
>downtown Metropolis is empty after work hours

Really, that whole part of town is just deserted after 6? What the fuck
>>
>>81167676
How is comparing the New Order with Superman, the character, when he only refers to the destruction wich was caused by Zod and his army?
>>
>>81167459
>Superman didnt even kill more than 50 guys in MoS the rest was the world engine.

You're forgetting

>KRYPTON HAD IT'S CHANCE!

Superman destroyed Krypton's entire future and he's the reason Zod came and so many people died in the first place. That's still blood on his hands no matter how unintended, fact remains if there was no Superman or Superman fucking around with alien shit he had no idea about people's family members would be alive.
>>
>>81167877
I'm guessing OP is one of those people who thinks that Superman caused the destruction, when it was actually Zod and his world engine. Saying, "Destruction is fine in the Star Wars series, but not fine in the Superman series, which begins with planetary destruction," is stupid enough that I'm giving OP the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>81167272

There are no homeless in Metropolis, Superman picks them all up and drops them in Gotham.
>>
>>81167194
He saved Lois.
>>
File: gosh.jpg (43 KB, 645x428) Image search: [Google]
gosh.jpg
43 KB, 645x428
So just like all the "dark" comics that came out after the Watchmen book, BvS completely missed the point.

All the dark, all the seriousness... none of the intelligence, none of the maturity.

History might not repeat, but it sure can rhyme!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.